• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 1,818 Views, 365 Comments

A Past Returned - TacoTues4Eva



A past Sunset doesn't remember comes searching for her, but will it be for the better or for the worse.

  • ...
5
 365
 1,818

Monday Dec 19

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

Words cannot express how I’m feeling at the moment upon learning everything that has happened since and because of Anon-A-Miss. I am fuming right now and if I wasn’t a Princess and a Lady I would likely be making comments that would make Big Macintosh redder than he already is. I would be coming over there and giving them a piece of my mind if you didn’t already talk me out of it.

As for your predicament with your job, I’m really sorry. I know gems and the gold bits are made with here is worth a lot more there. Maybe I can bring you some later this week, enough to do you for awhile. Then again, maybe it’s time you accepted my offer and come back to Equestria, I still have that room in my castle reserved for you.

I do have to warn you to watch out for this woman as it seems a little farfetched that she could be your mother. She is from the outer areas that don’t have counterparts here and I really don’t see how you could be related to her as you clearly grew up here. I will talk to Princess Celestia while I’m here about it though.

Which brings me to why I can’t exactly come over right now, I’m stuck at the castle because of a few recent events here. Nothing to worry about as they will be cleared up within a couple days. If you need those bits sooner please let me know so I have an excuse to leave now. Please Sunset Shimmer, let me know so I can get away from here. Please.

Love,
Your Friend,
Princess Twilight Sparkle

Don’t listen to her, she’s shouting so many expletives that a passing guard turned red as he peeked into the open room with a jaw dropped. He thought Twilight was a changeling for a minute lol. –Spike

Sunset couldn’t help snickering a little despite her situation at Spikes hastily written comment while imagining Twilight cussing up a storm so badly that even one of the normally unshakable guards jaw dropped. It would have been a sight to see and ammo for Sunset to tease the poor pony for weeks. Not that it would be mean spirited teasing as she grew past that. No, she was clearly beyond that now.

Closing the journal after leaving a quick reply to let them know she was okay, Sunset got up to get ready for the day. She wasn’t really looking forward to going to school today as her nerves weren’t exactly doing very good at the moment. She had been hoping to spend the next couple days after school picking up a few extra hours and now she was going to have to job hunt instead. She wasn’t even going to really be able to concentrate on her thoughts about what to do about her supposed mother because of this.

It once again didn’t take her long to get ready for school as she grabbed a toaster pastry to eat cold on the way and left the other for a snack or even to serve as dinner tonight. The walk was quick as it was a little more chilly this morning than she would have liked so she hurried a bit more. She wished she hadn’t bothered though as she walked right into a sort of ambush as the girls were waiting around the horse statue in the school’s court yard.

“Hey there sugarcube, can we please talk for a minute?” Applejack asked, obviously the spokesperson for the group as they all gathered close behind her.

“If you want to apologize then save it, I’m not ready to hear it right now.” Sunset said as she held up a hand.

“But we really are super duper sorry.” Pinkie Pie whined earning a stern glance from Sunset making her hair flatten out some with a whimper.

“I’m sorry, I’m not trying to be mean about this. I know you girls gave me a second chance and you deserve one too. I know that. I just don’t feel it right now.” Sunset sighed as she rubbed her eyes, “You girls meant the world to me, you were supposed to be family and what you did really hurt.”

“We want to make it up to you.” Fluttershy said softly, actually not hiding behind her hair showing just how much this meant to her.

“I’m sorry Shy, Saturday was actually pretty great, it made me forget about everything if only for a short time. For now though you girls hurt me very badly and I just need time to process everything and heal.” Sunset explained.

“Well we want to help you get a new job, darling.” Rarirty said.

“We want to make everything up to you.” Rainbow Dash said.

“I really want you to come to the Christmas party on the farm sugarcube.” Applejack added.

“First, I have it covered Rarity, don’t worry about it.” Sunset said shaking her head. It was a partial truth as she intended to do a lot of job hunting after school. “Second, as I already said Dash, I need time. Maybe after the holidays are over. And AJ, I really appreciate it, but no. I just can’t deal with that right now.”

“Isn’t there anything we can do?” Pinkie Pie pleaded.

“There is,” Sunset sighed heavily, “Give me my space to work through this. I still care for you girls despite how hurt and angry I am. If you truly need help with something I will help you, but unless it’s important please leave me be for now.”

“I guess we don’t have a choice, sugarcube.” Applejack said.

“Thank you, now if you girls will excuse me I have a few things to do before I head to class.” Sunset said as she walked around the guilty eyed girls as they watched her enter the school.


The day hadn’t been too bad at school, while some people did try to apologize or push her to forgive them it seemed the message had spread and most everyone left her alone. It was after school when things started looking even more gloomy. She swallowed her pride and went to talk to her old boss and she refused to even listen and even surprised Sunset by having her final check waiting. That was something the older woman never did, but she said something about Sunset being a minor which gave little choice in the matter.

After that pretty much every place in the mall that had help wanted signs either said she was too young, she was too much trouble after hearing about Anon-A-Miss though they didn’t seem to hear about the truth yet, or they heard from her old boss how poor her choices had been lately. With a heavy heart Sunset made her way home as it was growing late in the evening and the mall hadn’t turned up anything. She had hoped to find something so she would know what was going on before Susan came tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday.

She decided to just try and get something to eat and try and get some rest since there was thankfully no homework.


The Oracle groaned as he opened his eyes from his meditation as he still couldn’t locate the Heart. He felt it for just a few minutes the other day and Luba had confirmed it, but something was blocking him from seeing where it was. And whatever it was that was blocking his sight was good as it didn’t create a void of nothingness that he could trace, instead it made it completely invisible from him. It was unprecedented, something that has never happened in all his years as Oracle which greatly disturbed him. There was something going on and he did not like it, not one bit.

“Where are you?” He growled out making a fist in frustration. It was on Earth, he was sure of it. He would just have to keep searching until he found something, there just wasn’t anything else he could do unless he got lucky.

Author's Note:

I tried writing in a couple fonts but they didn't copy over for the journal entry and I'm not sure how to change it if you can here. Anyways here's Monday and starting with the next chapter more stuff will be happening meaning back to the longer chapters. Hope everyone is enjoying, have a great night. I also wanted to thank HarmonicPriest for the idea of Twilight getting as mad as she did. :twilightsmile: