• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 1,819 Views, 365 Comments

A Past Returned - TacoTues4Eva



A past Sunset doesn't remember comes searching for her, but will it be for the better or for the worse.

  • ...
5
 365
 1,819

Wednesday Dec 28

Sunset groaned, squeezing her eyes shut from the light that she really didn’t want to see right now. She actually wanted to just go back to sleep, but her body was stiff and she really needed to go to the bathroom. With a heavy sigh she forced herself to sit up and found herself in her own bed as she noticed her mother sitting in her computer chair pulled up to the bedside asleep. Slowly easing out of bed, she quietly made her way to the bathroom while noting that her body felt weaker, yet there was a power there that wasn’t there before.

After finishing her trip she was right behind Susan who was just stirring, the woman gasping as she noticed the teen missing. Before the woman could react, Sunset hugged her from behind with a cheeky grin and said, “Good morning, mom!”

“Good afternoon, sweetie.” Susan said, patting the teen’s arm.

“Afternoon?” Sunset grumbled, her stomach making itself known as she straightened up allowing Susan to get out the chair and stretch.

“You passed out in Kandrakar on Monday sweetie, it's Wednesday now. You slept all day yesterday, but Nerissa and Yan Lin assured me you were ok. They said your body lost a lot of its energy and needed rest to adapt and recharge somewhat.” Susan said, “Come on, I’ll make you some breakfast…lunch? Brunch? I’ll make you something.”

“Thanks, mom.” Sunset giggled at the woman’s confusion on what to call the meal. “Where’s Corny?”

“She stayed with you a lot of the time yesterday, but the girls had to get together for an emergency meeting about Twilight.” Susan sighed, “I’m going to need to get more fire extinguishers.”

“What? Why? What happened?” Sunset asked nervously.

“Well, Twilight was reading a book and sneezed, turning the poor thing into ash. She was pretty upset about the book, but really excited about the chance to study magic first hand.” Susan said, shaking her head. “Vel isn’t sure what to think about her daughter suddenly having magic, but supports her. Night, well, he thinks it’s hilarious.”

It didn’t take long for Sunset to be devouring a couple slices of leftover pizza from the night before when she saw the box in the fridge. Sunsan wasn’t sure why the girl preferred cold pizza over a warm meal, but figured it was just one of those quirks of being a teenager.

“So, I know pretty much what happened while I was Daydream Shimmer.” Sunset sighed, shaking her head at the name the Spirit of Laughter had given the form. “But what happened after?”

“Was that really you? When I tried to ask you, you raised your hand at us and everyone said they felt the same compulsion to stay quiet and listen.” Susan asked.

“It was me, and it wasn’t. I was in full sync with the Spirits of Kandrakar and the Spirits of Harmony and was pretty much being swept away with the current. I didn’t really control anything, but I remember everything that happened. At least I don’t feel that dark feeling I felt when I changed into…that thing at the Fall Formal.” Sunset sighed.

“Yeah, the girls from Canterlot sort of explained all that to me before Nerissa sent them home.” Susan explained, earning a wince from the teen. “I’m very proud of you dear. You made mistakes and you owned up to them and did everything in your power to redeem yourself in the school’s eyes.”

“You’re proud of me?” Sunset asked, eyes misting over a little.

“Oh sweetie, I’m very proud of you.” Susan said, reaching over the table to squeeze Sunset’s hand in reassurance. “Those girls seem to be developing magic, or at least some kind of abilities. Though only three seem to have done anything with it. Rainbow Dash seems to be able to run very fast while the blonde girl, I think Applejack is her name, seems to have super strength.”

“Who's the third one?” Sunset asked, curious to who else may have abilities.

“That would be Rarity, a large chunk of pillar almost fell on them and she created a shield to deflect it saving them.” Susan explained reluctantly.

“Oh man, I almost forgot, did I really tear up that place?” Sunset groaned, trying her best impression of Fluttershy hiding in her hair.

“It’s okay, you won’t be held responsible for it. In fact, Nerissa won’t be fixing the room. Instead she plans to have it rebuilt as a classroom for the future guardians they will be recruiting. You girls probably won’t need it because one of the former guardians will be taking turns and teaching you girls personally.” Susan said.

“Huh, well, that’s actually nice.” Sunset said, “I’m glad that idiot is paying for his crimes, but recruiting young girls and giving them powers they didn’t understand and tossing them into danger should have been more than enough to land him in hot water. I can’t fully blame Yan Lin as she was made to do it, but as far as I know she did try to help them out and provide clues to the girls without letting on that she was doing so.”

“Yeah, though I may not exactly be welcome back on Kandrakar when delegates from your other world are there for a while.” Susan said sheepishly.

“Why? What happened?” Sunset asked.

“Well…”


Susan was glaring at the spot the winged horse thing just vanished from as Nerissa had sent her back to her world. Susan was livid with the creature after finding out for sure just who and what it was about to tear into the so-called princess. “Please, be calm Susan. This is a place of peace. If you would like to confront a delegate we can invite her back and retire to the mediation room.”

“Why did you send me back?” A pale woman with pastel hair which seemed to flow gently as if a wind was constantly blowing through it. She wore a white gown decorated with jewels and golden bracelets and crown. She walked down the steps from her balcony down to the group gathered there discussing how to move forward.

“You are Princess Celestia, right? The same one who was a teacher to Sunset Shimmer?” Susan asked, cracking her knuckles as the woman looked at her in confusion as Cassidy was behind Susan making shushing motions with her hands.

“Yes, I am Princess Cel-“ She didn’t get much farther as Susan had actually punched her, sending her to the ground.

“How dare you hurt my baby the way you did? How dare you treat anyone like that and call yourself a princess! I should drag you to a glue factory!” Susan seethed, having to be physically pulled back by Halinor and Kadma.

“I guess she sort of had that coming.” Cassidy groaned.

“Will someone please explain just what is going on?” Celestia demanded. Holding her eye knowing it was probably black by now, or would be soon.


“Yeah, after that Nerissa kicked me out of the room and Yan Lin escorted me back to your room where she helped us home.” Susan sighed.

“You punched Princess Celestia?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah.” Susan groaned, hanging her head in shame.

“You sucker punched the Princess of the Sun, the Solar Diarch of Equestria?” Sunset asked again, making Susan shrink a little more in embarrassment. She looked up in relief when Sunset started laughing hard and loud, “Oh man, please tell me somebody had a camera! I really want to see that!”

“You aren’t mad? She is your other mother after all.” Susan sighed.

“No, you are my one and only mom. I might have a friendly relationship with her one day, but she will never be my mom.” Sunset said, smiling at her mom.

Author's Note:

I do plan on working on more stories in my SITCH-verse, but I will be working on a Beetleborgs story next. I have plans for the following SITCH-verse stories.

A few one shots

A story basically from Nerissa’s pov from A Past Returned

A sequel to A Past Returned that will have two arcs, the first kind of a bridge arc between the first story and this one taking care of some of the loose ends including Cornelia’s fate and getting the talk out of the way with the Canterlot girls as well as Sunset starting to see a therapist as well as Cornelia. The second arc will be the main part dealing with the new villains.

Sometime between these stories I have a few other crossover ideas such as a Kim Possible one, maybe a Jem one and maybe a rewrite of the first movie where Sunset isn’t as evil seeming as she was in the movie. One where she actually shows kindness to Twilight a few times as well as play more fair against her.

I wanted to thank Sunny Scriber for once again doing such a great job proof reading because no matter how much I try to find all the mistakes I still manage to miss a bunch of them. I also want to thank him for all the advice on improving my writing and scenes in the story to make it better as well as writing the descriptions for the girls new transformation. I also want to thank HarmonicPriest for all the help and story ideas he has given as well as the awesome omakes that can be found in the comment sections of Tuesday Dec 20 d, Wednesday Dec 21 d, Thursday Dec 22 b, Friday Dec 23 c, Saturday Dec 24 j, and Monday Dec 26b as they are awesome! Thank you both very much!

I also wanted to thank HarmonicPriest for the suggestions on materials to use in making Susan's bracelet from the metals to the gems and the newest addition of alternate covers.