• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,559 Views, 106 Comments

A Dragonborn, Destiny, and Very Small Horses - DarrParrot



A portal to Black Marsh, or something more sinister? Darr-Ei is chosen to explore this strange realm

  • ...
5
 106
 3,559

The Seventh

The Dragonborn, Destiny, And Very Small Horses:
The Seventh

Catalyst of the Journey.

(Authors Note: To be perfectly honest, I am unsure why we kept this chapter in the final publication. It doesn't have very much value as a part of the plot. My publisher wished for its inclusion just to spice it up. Which is unnecessary. And no, I am not mad at all regarding certain circumstances.)

As soon as I heard Darr speak those words, I tried to pull back but he had a hold on my helmet. I struggled to get away as he put me into a headlock. Celestia was too shocked to assist me at this point.

He suddenly rolled over the edge of the table bringing me along with him. My back slammed against the ground and Darr was standing over me.

Darr tried to stomp on my helmet. I rolled off to the side, quickly got to my feet and punched him in the ribs. Darr doubled over, and I knee'd him in the face. Darr fell back, dazed.

I decided to talk some sense into him given this momentary reprieve. "Ok, Darr, you really have to stop fighting us. It's getting old. We are going to need your help."

Darr looked at me and did not move. I assumed he was trying to figure out a way to take me off guard and kick my ass. Which probably wouldn't happen. Darr put his arms around his back, and looked off to the side.

I kept my guard up. I assumed that he was just going to try and pull some sort of trick when we weren't looking. He spoke.

"Damnit, you're right" and he turned to face me with what I hoped was defeat in his eyes.

I smiled beneath my helmet. Celestia interrupted my savoring of Darr-Ei's defeat with some words I really didn't want to hear.

"Enough. Luna is dying, and you both will need to work together to save my sister. Whether you like it or not."
***

Me and Darr-ei were sitting next to six other ponies in Celestia's main hall. We were currently seated at a 20 person dining room table. It was polished to the point of luminescence which I reasoned was due to magic.

Strangely, there was no food on these tables. I guess it was more of a ceremonial thing. I admit, I would've enjoyed any kind of food at that point, but I had to starve it out.

These ponies looked vaguely familiar, but then I realized they were Celestia's pupils. Well, respective pupils for the most part. She didn't make that clear when I arrived at Canterlot.

Y'see, while Darr-Ei was starting fires, I was already on my way to Canterlot. When I arrived, I told Celestia of my history as the Chosen Undead of Lordran.

I realize the majority of you, human or pony, have no idea where Lordran is, what it is, and what the Undead are. Lordran is a kingdom ruled by the gods that encompasses an enormous area. It used to be incredibly prosperous at some point in the past. It used to be incredibly prosperous at some point in the past. That all changed when the Flame that gave the gods power began to die out and the Undead began to sprout up. The Undead are doomed to go Hollow, which essentially means they go insane. The Undead also can keep dying indefinitely with access to bonfires. Not many know why this is. The history of the Undead is incredibly mysterious.

Now, this is where I come in. I am the... "Chosen Undead". This means I am fated to "link the flame" which resurrects the power of the gods. Now, I arrived at the kiln of the First Flame where I had to strike down the Hollowed Lord of The Gods, Gwyn. As soon as he was dead, I linked the flame and I felt the fire consume me. I felt death's embrace and I thought I was to stay in the abyss.

This is when I felt the pull of life and I arrived in the growing flames of Darr-Ei's campfire. I looked around and felt a presence, not like that of a fire keeper. I went in the direction of that pull and I arrived at Canterlot. An hour later Darr-Ei arrived. And that is when things went insane of course. But that is enough about my life. Back to the soiree we had going on.

Anyway, she told me of her pupil's friends and her pupil herself. T'was fairly interesting. Anyway, Celestia's pupils seemed generally content to be there, as I expected.

One seemed to be concentrating on Celestia the most, with a worried countenance. I shared her worry. Fluttershy was sitting as far away from Darr-Ei as possible. I reasoned he must have hurt her in a berserker rage. I made a mental note to bring this up and learn more at a later date.

I kept drumming on the table absentmindedly as I surveyed our guests. Wasn't much else to do at that point. Celestia wasn't saying anything meaningful which bothered me. Rarity kept staring at the both of us. She seemed to be taking notes under the table, which confused me. I decided to bring this up tactfully.

"Excuse me, you over there" I said as I pointed at her, " The sudden noise caused her to lose her concentration and the quill and pad dropped to the floor. The resounding impact seemed louder against the sudden silence of the room. I kept going. "Why are you taking notes?" She looked around, almost guilty. Her friends turned to look at her.

She stuttered, "Um, well you see-" but she was cut off by a sudden gasp from under the table. Pinkie Pie's head popped out from beneath the table cloth which revealed the notepad beneath her hoof. "Hey lizard-person! She likes your face!"

Rarity turned red. Darr-Ei's eyes widened and he put on a kind of grimace. Rarity yelled at the Pinkie, "PINKIE PIE! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT READING MY JOURNALS?!
"

And the pink one retreated under the cloth once more, giggling mischievously. Rarity kept her enraged face on and her friends tried to keep themselves from laughing.

Darr-Ei cleared his throat, which he has a habit of doing. "So you like my face?

Rarity, calmed down and decided to speak. "I am taking notes and both of your appearances because they are inspiring me. You see, I am a fashionista."

Darr-Ei nodded, believing her explanation. I noticed a look of relief on her face.

However, after this brief scene, the little meet-up became boring once again
.

I went back to observation. A few of the ponies seemed discontent sitting so close to Darr-Ei, which I could relate to, but one seemed to outright fear him.

Darr-Ei was stoic as always in his dreadful black armor. His two swords and his axe were all displayed on a rack far behind him. This was taken as a precaution. I, of course, was allowed to keep my weapons close to me. You never know what might happen in a place like this. Especially with Darr-Ei around.

The six ponies were just discussing random subjects with Celestia or amongst themselves. Pinkie Pie was discussing sweets and kept debating as to whether or not mints were candy.

Rainbow Dash was simply glaring at Darr-Ei. I was beginning to have a great idea as to what Darr-Ei has done in the short time he was here.

I sat waiting for Celestia to tell us why we were all there but she seemed content sipping her tea and surveying the 8 of us. I rested my head on my hand and I patiently waited. When I noticed Darr-Ei starting to doze off I realized what I had to do.

I clapped my hands together. I spoke in the most flamboyant voice I could muster. "Well, I see we are all having fun this day! How delightful! But I wish to know why we are here!" I got up and I crossed around the main table to Celestia's side.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Celestia, would you mind telling us?" and she smiled at me. "Have patience valus, I thought it would be best if we rest before what I have to say, but oh well."

She got up and I moved back to get out of her way. "My little ponies, Darr-Ei, and Valus. We are going to venture to the Winterlands."

The ponies all gasped and began to ask questions. Celestia raised a hoof silencing them. "In case you didn't know, the Winterlands are the ancient lands that ponies lived in before we found Equestria."

Twilight spoke up, "But, the Winterlands never existed! It is just a...a moral!"

Celestia laughs. "Oh, my student, it is very real. And the 8 of you are going to journey there to save my sister."

The ponies jaws dropped, Darr-Ei grinned, and I kept the same facial expression.

Darr-Ei spoke up finally. "The Winterlands eh? You mean the Tahlvedimaa?"

Celestia nodded, just a bit surprised. "Yes, exactly. That is the...True name of the Winterlands."

Darr-Ei got up and started talking. "Well alrighty then. I suggest we get going. I have some scores to settle over there.
When are we leaving?"

Celestia spoke once more "You will be leaving very soon. A day or two. You will be leaving with my six pupils."

I laughed slightly. The ponies looked at me confused and so did Darr-Ei. I decided to explain why I laughed to them. The main point was, in a sense, these ponies are small, and I am large. I eventually changed this to Me and Darr-Ei are large, and the ponies are small. It would be dangerous for them to come with us.

Celestia completely disagreed with us, which I thought was strange. I tried to convince her that they would probably get injured, but she held confidence they would not. At the end of the debate, I put my head in my hands and I just resigned to having to babysit these ponies. Darr-Ei had the same reaction as me.

Finally, Applejack, with her strange accent, asked the right question. "Excuse me Celestia, how will this save your sister?"

Darr-Ei seconded the question and I did as well. I had no idea what the correlation was. Celestia once again, saved the situation I guess you could say.

"There is a dark essence seeping into the land directly from the Winterlands. I have not seen this particular type of energy in many centuries. I can feel it ruminating in my sister's soul. It is destroying her. You must destroy this source or she will die, and that will create chaos in the cosmos."

Darr-Ei opened his foolish mouth at this point. "So we have to travel to this land while you stay behind and do nothing?"

"Darr-Ei. I am staying here to keep my sister alive. My presence prolongs her. I am not so lazy as you think." Darr-Ei crossed his arms and nodded, angrily. Like always.

"Celestia, will Spike be coming with us?" And celestia shook her head. "He will be with me assisting me." Darr-Ei turned to Twilight, "Who is Spike?"

"He's my baby dragon." Twilight explained.

Darr-Ei's eyes widened and he scratched his chin. "A baby dragon? I have not seen one of those before. All the dragons I have seen are adults. And technically undead."

I was interested. "You have seen dragons? I bet you haven't killed any." Twilight's jaw dropped.

Darr-Ei sniffed in contempt. "I am Dragonborn. It is my destiny to destroy dragons. I have destroyed dozens." Twilight looked outraged but still wasn't speaking. Her friends looked very uncomfortable. Especially Fluttershy, for she was a veterinarian. Even though she was afraid of dragons. Oh well. I've seen stranger.

I laughed. "You've killed dozens? Very impressive. I give you some props for that at least. Although you should learn to control your rage."

Darr-Ei got up and slammed his hands on the table. "Do not talk to me of control! I have lost all of it when that thing from Tahlvedimaa took control of me. Shut up, and lets get on our way. I have had enough of this place."

Celestia looked down at the ground and she gave me a map. "Here Valus. This is where you must go. Follow this course and it will bring you to your destination. Stay close to my ponies and protect them. They will need your help, and you will need theirs. And please, save Darr-Ei."

I looked at her, not understanding what she meant. However, I nodded anyway. And the 8 of us walked out the door, toward our destiny.


END CHAPTER

Comments ( 18 )

Good for you man. Free your willy.

The battle was so epic that it destroyed The Seventh and it jumped straight to the Eighth :trollestia:

Chosen undead + Dragonborn = epicness levels equivalent with Chuck Norris' left arm.

WOOPS FUCK CHAPTER RETITLE

898056 Where did Valus jump in? I might be forgetting something since it's been months since I read the last chapter but where did he come from?

898740 Uh, between six and the intermission.

The winterlands is Skyrim isn't it?

989489 No suh. You remember the Hearth's Warming Eve episode?

wait so that valus dude is from dark souls?AWESOME!now we have a chosen undead and a dragonborn argoniam that killed thousand of dragons man for some reason i think twilight will be needing therapy after she comes back from the travel

Finally a story about argorian! I'm sick of those cats

IM BOUT TO MAKE A NEW ONE YALL GET READY MAYBE

This thing's deader than Kony2012 jokes because the author never updates. I mean, it's not like this author is working on trollfic involving Vanilla Ice so there's no excuse for this behavior. Overall, you get a 6/10. Go die before I jump kick you through the internet.

На работу,чистить говно!

2030721

Some of it was correct yes.

Darr was working on this instead of this fic http://fav.me/d64yrj4

Login or register to comment