• Published 18th Dec 2022
  • 139 Views, 0 Comments

Thanks for the Legacy - AizakkuHorooee



The princesses announce their retirement; Chrysalis responds with her own; even Starlight will be moving. It's all too much for Aita. Meanwhile, Discord makes an "attempt" to round up past foes and gives them a choice: unite or work alone.

  • ...
 0
 139

Chapter VII - Don't Delay, Return Today

I can tell Stellar Flare is attempting to teleport one more time, this time uninterrupted. And due to the ring on her horn, all her magic is failing.

“Ah! What is this?!?”

“That… was a piece of my old throne from when Thorax lived here,” I smugly answer. “No creature can break you free now.”

“Not even a draconequus,” Starlight adds as the guards haul Stellar Flare off, Shining Armor leading them.

Sunburst walks up to me, obviously impressed by the way I acted. “Wow, Chrysalis. I imagined you’d changed from what Starlight told me about Aita, but I didn’t think your change was so drastic.”

“And I think we all know why. You could probably thank me and Aita for that… and also her mother.” Carve points to Aita. She’s evidently gotten used to this change like I have.

Sunburst widens his gaze, glasses slumping down his muzzle. He pushes them pack into place. “Do you just call Aita a girl?”

Starlight puts on a guilty smile. “Yeah, about that, Sunburst. That was me and Chrysalis’ fault. She decided to join Celestia and Luna when they go to Silver Shoals, but I wanted to move in with you when Twilight and Spike move out. The change was so radical, Aita had a nervous breakdown.”

“Join Celestia and Luna?” repeats Sunburst. “B-but who’s going to run the castle in Ponyville?!?”

“That’s not important right now; we need to find-” Twilight is interrupted when Spike burps up a letter. I take the letter and read it.

Dear Twilight and co.

My sister and I have finished conducting a personal search party for Wind Rider and Stellar Flare. Unfortunately no results have come in Equestria. We can only hope they don’t cross your paths. Come and meet us at the castle, because we will need to make an adjustment.

Yours truly,
Princess Celestia.

As I read the letter, everyone gathers around to see the letter.


At the Canterlot Castle throne room, Twilight and her friends are here alongside Aita, Spike, Starlight, Carve and me before Celestia and Luna.

“Perhaps you are all curious about this summons,” remarks Celestia, to which everyone nods. “You see, after rounding up the royal guard to develop the search party, we forgot all about letting you know. In addition, on your way back, Sunburst told us of Aita’s involuntary change of identity.”

Spike crosses his arms. “Yes, and…”

“It all got us thinking,” Luna continues. “We’ll have to delay our retirement as long as criminals are still on the loose, even beyond Stellar Flare and Wind Rider.”

“Well, looks like you can check Stellar Flare off that wanted list,” Aita says, then displaying the moment we arrested the criminal, using her horn as a projector. “That monster isn’t going anywhere.”

Celestia and Luna look impressed by this display.

“My! Aita, were you the one who thought of summoning that shard?” Aita nods at Luna. “What wonderful use of changeling legacy!”

“Well, Twilight said to use a suppressant, so that was the first thing that popped into my head.”

I walk to Celestia and put my wing over her back. “Honestly, Carve and I saw that coming. We recognize that no matter how much we change, there will always be an old part of us just waiting to be used for good.”

“And that is a marvelous lesson to learn, Chrysalis. Ever since you announced your change to me and Luna, we’ve had high hopes you would improve further. And it seems those hopes have come true.”

Celestia and I hug, me gesturing everyone to join in.


While Stellar Flare’s been gone, the ponies and I have been debating on how we could get news about her whereabouts. I ultimately settled on an amber crystal ball lying around the room.

“There is only one surefire way to keep track of Equestria.” I put the ball on the roundtable while everyone gathers. “And now with this, we should be aware of what Stellar Flare is up to.”

While the ball lights up, Adagio smirks at Gladmane, Spitfire, Wind Rider and Svengallop.

“Take from that unicorn you four. It is one thing to rally for a goal, but a farcry from actually achieving the goal yourself. That’s what’s so great about freedom.”

“So why haven’t YOU girls done anythin’ about it?” Gladmane counters.

“It’s a choice, duh,” Aria snipes back.

What we all see from the ball is Stellar Flare with a black ring on her horn made from dark stone, and cuffs on her hind legs. There is also a wanted poster of Wind Rider that shows up before the ball dims.

“WHAT!!!” Wind Rider exclaims. “How did the princesses find out?!?”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if it was because of your humiliating punishment,” Svengallop jokes. “Gladmane would you gloat with me about Wind Rider’s spectacular failures to impersonate his former captain's mother?”

“He isn’t wanted because of his failures! Discord freed him!” Sonata points out.

“See?!?” Spitfire yells. “That is what happens what we don’t think carefully! We need to be calculated! We can’t just leave all willy-nilly like Stellar Flare did! Also Svengallop, it would be my pleasure to join you in laughter.”

Wind Rider flares his wings and shakes his hoof in the air. “Why I oughta! Only Svengallop can do that, superintendent!”

“Well he isn’t a drill instructor like I was!”

I pound the roundtable with my left hand. “Everyone shut up! We get it! If you can drop that discussion, we can head to our quarters for the night! You’re all so tiring!”

The sirens fly up me at eye level. “Oh certainly you don’t mean the Dazzlings. Right, Tirek?”

“Of course not. You weren’t arguing like the rest of the ponies were. Now, we’ll need to rest if we want any one of us to come up with our own plan. The royal guard will give up looking for you sooner or later.”

And so, everyone breaks from the roundtable with the crystal ball still on it as we go to our own little separate living quarter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment