• Published 18th Dec 2022
  • 140 Views, 0 Comments

Thanks for the Legacy - AizakkuHorooee



The princesses announce their retirement; Chrysalis responds with her own; even Starlight will be moving. It's all too much for Aita. Meanwhile, Discord makes an "attempt" to round up past foes and gives them a choice: unite or work alone.

  • ...
 0
 140

Chapter II - Transition

Of course, Starlight ends up having to burst Discord and Twilight’s bubble. “Actually, I was hoping to move in with Sunburst when you rule Equestria, Twilight.”

Everyone is surrounding Twilight’s throne, where Aita is sitting. Discord is the only one on the inactive map.

When Carve and I look at Aita, he begins hyperventilating at the thought of having to stay here in the castle alone. I teleport in a bag for him to breathe into.

“See? I knew this was coming,” Discord deadpans. “What’s next? Are we going to see Ocellus Bagley-Handy? Chrysalis, you know you could’ve just assured her you could move into the castle.” Spike, Starlight, Twilight, Carve and I glare at Discord. “What? It’s not like you could do anything about it now.”

Aita is still quivering from all this change. “I think I need some…” Carve teleports in a glass of water for Aita to drink, who chugs the drink in just a few seconds. Suddenly, he starts sweating and holding his head. “Oh, what was that? Wait. Chrysalis? Carve? Discord?!? What are you all doing here?”

“Um, they’ve been here the whole time, Aita,” Starlight answers. “Do you need some time to recover? We could come back in a minute if you want.”

Aita sits down on the floor in a way no one has ever seen him sit. “Not just that, I need some ice. My head and post are killing me.”

Post? …that can’t be good. Aita has just experienced a scarring meltdown. I stroke his back, trying to comfort him. “This is the first time a sore post has come from a simple announcement. Normally, those are the result of intense mental or emotional violence.”

Discord spawns a fork and combs his beard. “Violence you say? Do you think it came from that trauma she experienced a year and a half ago?” Everyone except Aita glares at Discord again. “What?!? Aita isn’t even flinching at the new pronoun!”

“Aita just experienced a panic attack!” Carve points out. “Would you miss details like that if that was you, Discord?!?”

Discord spins the fork on his index claw. “Well, excuse me, future queen of the changelings. I’m no child, and I certainly wouldn’t have a nervous breakdown at a simple chain of retirement announcements.”

Starlight floats onto the map, prompting Discord to turn over. “I know there are some situations you can’t see yourself in, but changelings can be pretty sensitive, especially nymphs. Maybe give him a break until-” She stops short, seeing Aita glare at her.

So it seems Discord was spot on. “My point exactly. Now that I’ve served my purpose here, sharing actual news with you all, it is time for me to depart.”

He then snaps his claw and teleports out.

Twilight and Spike look at each other. “Was Discord seriously right about Aita?” inquires Twilight. “Was he that scarred by that first visit to CHS and the loss of the old family?!?”


Well, it marks nine months since Spitfire was hauled off by Officers Time Turner and Soarin’ in Sunset Shimmer’s world. She’s currently sitting in her cell with another former superintendent: Suri Polomare, who is sitting entirely on her bench. She waves her hands past her knees.

“So, what’d you do to get in here, Spitfire?”

“Talk. What of it?”

“If you wanted to imitate me, then don’t fix my policies, m’kay?”

Spitfire is promptly engulfed in black energy, disappearing from Suri’s view.

“Whatever.”


Meanwhile back in Equestria, a yak officer is watching Stellar Flare, who looks bored out of her mind.

“If Mangle arrested me, why do you have to watch?” she asks. “Shouldn’t he be here?”

The yak jumps once, making the entire room shake to throw Stellar Flare in the air. “Young dragon have other business to tend. Pony hire yak after all.”

Stellar Flare grumbles before being engulfed in the same energy and disappearing, shocking the yak.

“WHAT?!? Where pony go?!? Oh, dragon mad at me… Yona won’t want that.”


In the changeling hive, directly above the throne temporarily headed by former queen Areola, is cocooned pegasus Wind Rider. Suddenly, Areola smells the presence of magic as Wind Rider is whisked away.

“Why do I smell chaos? Eh, it might be nothing.”

Areola shrugs and begins to hum the song Twilight sung when she first befriended Chrysalis.


In Tartarus, a weak Tirek marks on the cell floor the days he’s been trapped and guarded. He sighs.

“I was really banking on Carina surviving so that Twilight could do everything wrong. And now that plan is ruined. No public journal, no pillars, no storm race, no school… I’ll be here forever.”

TIrek then disappears through the same ongoing magic.


At a bar in Manehattan, Gladmane and Svengallop are both having the same kind of soda.

“So, come to these here parts of’n?” Gladmane asks.

“Oh don’t be ridiculous. I live here, Gladmane. You’re the only one that is truly something.”

“Why thanks there Svengallop. But style isn’t ‘bout to getchoo anywhere. It’s ALL about what you can afford!”

And now the two are summoned through the same magic, leaving two half-full cups of soda. The waiter returns to the empty table confused.

“What just happened?”


This happens to be the same time the Dazzlings just finished a CHS concert. Adagio smiles as they head back to their trailer.

“See? I told you that loop would work. Am I ever wrong?”

“Not really… except for that time we lost our pendants,” snarks Aria, angering Adagio and Sonata.

“Are you seriously bringing that up right now?!? You’re no fun!” Sonata exclaims before she and the others disappear.


In Las Pegasus, Flim and Flam are at their office, the former having just entered laughing.

“Works like a charm, brother! Those visitors never knew what hit them!”

“Oh yes Flim, partner in crime! I knew you could sway those ponies with more content! And now it’s time to hike the rates!”

“You mean for the buffet or the canasta tables?”

Before the two know it, the brothers disappear.