• Published 1st Nov 2022
  • 893 Views, 23 Comments

Unforgettable and Unforgivable - Catpaw616



Despite being redeemed and accepted by the Princess of Friendship, Starlight's guilt for her actions haunt her daily life and it never seems to go away.

  • ...
3
 23
 893

The True Aftermath

Starlight woke up in her bed and yawned. And she couldn't help but already smile. It felt good to get on a good sleep schedule again, and it finally felt good to not dream about how things would have been if her evil plans had worked out. She was glad she was finally living a normal life with her two friends.

But not all things needed to stay the same. Even though she was not completely discouraged by guilt anymore, her old manecut reminded her too much of her past. And plus, it looked a little too unfriendly in her opinion.

With a sigh, and with an idea in mind, she grabbed a hairbrush and she started brushing her bangs to one side, while keeping the back of her mane the same. She didn't want to completely change her look after all.

Since the bang would not stick naturally, Starlight cast a tiny spell on her bang, so it didn't revert back to her old manecut.

She looked in the mirror with her brand new look. She was happy with how she looked like now. Would she miss her old hangs that she had in most of her life? Maybe. But she would probably get used to her bang very quickly.

Once she was content, she headed to the kitchen to get some pancakes for breakfast. And the moment she got there, she was immediately noticed by Spike.

"Nice new manecut!" he complemented her with a smile.

"Thank you, Spike." she responded with a smile too.

"I agree. You look like a brand new pony." Twilight said as she entered the room. "And it fits. New life, new style, and new mane."

Starlight got to thinking. "Actually, it does fit."

"Well, once you're done with your food, we can get started on your first friendship lesson." Twilight told Starlight. "Come into the main library once you are finished. I am looking forward to discussing this with you." she told her before she walked off from the room.

"Oh wow. My first friendship lesson." Starlight repeated what she just heard. "That sounds like a lot of fun. Or maybe it will be a bore fest." she joked.

"At least you're happy about it." Spike told her as he continued eating. "And I'm happy that you're excited about your first friendship lesson. I just simply can't wait for what the future lies ahead for you."

"Yeah." Starlight said, then she paused. What if the lesson was more challenging than I thought? Or what if the lesson just doesn't sit right with me? What if...

She quickly stopped herself from having these thoughts. As she had learned by now, whatever doubts she has had in her mind, she had to eventually trust that things would be ok in the end.

"Me too, Spike." Starlight said, responding to his question again from earlier. Then she slowly showed a warm smile. "Me too."

Author's Note:

In the show, Starlight's first friendship lesson was meeting with Sunburst once again. But in this universe, Starlight's first friendship lesson was something very different. What was the friendship lesson? That will be a story for another day.

Comments ( 11 )

Well, that was a nice story, and I'm glad it all worked out.
So I guess you really did want a sequel

11412469
Glad you enjoyed it!

I think you did a good job of showing Starlight's struggle with accepting being forgiven. The hardest thing is always forgiving yourself. You captured this well here. Keep up the good work with your writing. :)

11420744
Thank you! Glad you liked it and ty for the encouragement :)

11420775 You are very welcome. :)

You've already seen the review, but I'm posting it for a quick reference back to it. You can find it here!

This is a nice story and I will be reading the sequel too.

11465796
Nice. Hope you enjoy it

Nice little story. I think though that it would’ve been a better bonding experience if Rarity had been the one to help Starlight change her look.

11547778
Yeah true but I wanted to change it up a bit lol

Glad you enjoy the story anyways 👍

Login or register to comment