• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 385 Views, 32 Comments

Rock Type - TDR



A old pony finds himself in a new body in a new world filled with pokemon.

  • ...
2
 32
 385

Chapter 12

There was really only a short window of my life, where I felt content and happy, unworried about the future and glad of the now.

This of course didn't count when I was a little zebra foal following my mother around and learning medicine from her.

It certainly didn't count the time where my brother took over the Zebralands and waged war with the Ponies, though that was how I met my husband and several of my life long friends.

The time after that was wrought with strife and fighting between moments of peace as part of Luna's Royal Guard.

Starfall, Jer'rahd, Bleu, Rhede, and I followed her plans, were ready to make a better place of Equestria.

Then it all fell apart and we had to betray Luna in order to try and save her from the Nightmare she became.

We failed.

Rather than try and live in a world that would likely try and kill us on sight for being the Nightmare's Generals we chose to be frozen in stone, only to be awoken a thousand years later by a curious unicorn mare.

The chaos that followed that was almost as bad as what we left. We were forgiven by Luna for our betrayal and found a place in the new age.

The years after what would be called the War of Gods were the only time in my life where I was content and happy. I learned new medicines and healing techniques, finally married my love and had a lovely pair of twins colts. Fox and Wolf. We had another on the way when it all ended. I was visiting Lionheart and his wife Rarity looking in on their new foal, a cute little half dragon, when we were attacked.

I don't recall what happened after that, but I remember seeing Grace, and her looking sad, I briefly recall watching over the world and waiting for the others to join us before we left Equestria.

I also recall curb stomping Avianna with a bunch of other ghosts of those she had screwed over, but I only got a few good hits in.

I recall Luna and Jer'rahd finally joining us and the group setting off to Elysium.

Then I recall waking up and breaking out of an egg.

My body felt strange and as I opened my eyes my first sight was a massive pink egg like creature. One that cood and fretted over me like it was my mother.

Strangely it was.

The creature was called a Chancy it was part of a small flock of the pink creatures living in the wilds of, well, if I am being honest, I do not think I know where I was born at this time. The flock only knew of the place as the zone, and we were walled in to protect us.

There were a multitude of other creatures around in the Zone, ones that often times fought violently with each other, though never with any of the flock. In fact they would often stop if any Chancy told them too. The Chancy acted like something of medics to the mass of monsters that surrounded us. Everything in the Zone went out of their way not to antagonize any of us.

Save for strange two legged creatures wearing clothes that occasionally came through and tried to capture creatures with odd balls.

No one seemed concerned about this and some of the others of the flock other monsters seemed to seek out being captured.

I ignored it as I was always hidden away when these two legged things came through.

In time I was taught quite a bit more about the world from some of the older monsters that were around. We were called pokemon, the flock were all Chancy, well they called me a Happiny, and were notably regarded as healers to nearly all the wild pokemon.

I took to it well, my knowledge from being a zebra, not translating perfectly, particularly not with the variety of Pokemon types, but enough that I easily took in what the other Chancy taught me.

At one point my new mother gave me a small oval shaped stone to carry around. She wouldn't say why but told me to keep a hold of it at all times.

While I was tending a injured Tarous a few days later I was bathed in white light and felt a surge of energy. When it cleared I was a Chancy.

This of course annoyed the Tartarus out of me. Evolution does not work like that. But I had seen enough magic bullshit in my life to get over it quickly.

Of course as is my life, just when I am becoming content with my lot in it, it goes to shit.

A group of humans, the clothed two legged creatures, burst into the reserve and started grabbing anyone and every thing they could. They were different from the others that came though and threw odd balls unlike the ones others carried, they also all dressed in black, with a red sigal on their chest that I did not know the meaning of.

Every one scattered and the humans released other pokemon who attacked and tried to drive everyone into places they could be caught.

While trying to get a baby Kangaskan back to it's mother in the chaos I was hit by one of the balls they threw and sucked inside.

Inside was... stifling. I don't know how long I was in that ball, but it was too long. Unable to move or see, I could barely hear what was going on outside. When I was finally let out, it was into a cage.

I spent perhaps months, maybe years in that cage. The ones who had taken me called themselves Team Rocket, and I was kept in a warehouse where countless other pokemon were brought in. If any were injured or damaged I was told to heal them. If I refused, or was too slow these humans used whips or shock prods on me, my pink flesh was soon covered in scars as I was never allowed to heal myself and only sprayed with potions enough to keep me going.

If not for my skills at meditation and my time stuck as a stone, I would likely have gone mad.

One day I was given an egg by a pokemon I had never seen before, mother who had been caught trying to protect the egg, her wounds were far to much for me to heal and she died, though I managed to hide the egg for a time. To subject a child to this.... When they found I had it , the Rockets wanted the egg I refused, planning to do everything I could to protect it, a last stand.

I was whipped and prodded with shock sticks forced to listen to their taunts all the while.

It was then I heard the roar.

It was not unlike that of a dragon, something I had heard from several of those that had been captured here. It was a noise that had every other pokemon in the cages go silent and freeze in place. It was an unmistakable sound.

Pure unbridled rage.

The humans heard it as well, and they might have done something about it, though they were not given a chance as a heavy metal grate slammed into the face of the one that had been shocking me.

A figure dropped down from above having exited the vent, smaller than the other humans, though clearly better trained.

As the first recovered from the hit the others stared in shock. The newcomer however was moving the moment he touched the floor, a red miasma flowing over his body, making his skin look like it was made of crystal He had an ax in his hand as he moved, then the ax was digging into the belly of the stunned human, his guts spilling out over the floor in a flash of gore and splatter of hot blood.

The other Rockets reacted to that, though the other one by the cage went for the ball on his hip only to reel back as his face was smashed by a pink fist, as a tiny marshmallow of a pokemon dropped from the vent after the ax wielder.

This pokemon was not one I recognized, though it looked almost crystalline, the odd floating head of what looked to be a dragon made of crystal floated above it between it's ears.

The Rocket it had hit tried to rise only for another few pounds of it's fists to leave the mans face a savaged mess of broken bone and blood. I wasn't sure he was even breathing any more, and I was repulsed to find I did not care.

One of the others screamed as the sound of wind whipped through the air, another pokemon stood in the vent, turtle in shape with a leaf on it's head, it too looked crystalline with a dragon head floating over it's head. Razor sharp leaves shot out from around it tearing into several of the Rockets on other sides of the cages, slicing them apart like my love's daggers used to in my past life.

I stared, my head snapping back as another gurgling scream drew my attention back to the human with the ax. Another of the Rockets had managed to release an Ekans, and the short human cut right through it with his weapon and drove the blade into the mans chest, bisecting the red mark on his shirt and going half way through his rib cage.

The human kicked the corpse off his ax, his head whipping around looking for any other targets. Seeing nothing his head turned to look at me.

Amber hair in a mess of a mop covered his head, he wore what looked like well worn traveling clothing and he was splattered with the blood of those he had killed.

His breathing was labored and his mouth open showing off clear fangs.

One of his eyes was a bright green, filled with rage.

The other was a glowing red orb of pure malevolence.

I knew who this was immediately.

[“ Do not resist, you are being saved! Please assume the 'Oh Arucus no, please don't kill' me position to signify your acknowledgment of this statement!”] The pink creature with this human shouted as she landed between the two of us.

[“Jer'rahd.”] I muttered.

The Pink creature looked between me and the human then nodded with a smirk.

[“Ahh good. You've heard of us.”] Rose nodded sagely.

Comments ( 6 )

Jerard.

Putting the Terror Stallion in Rage and Malevolence?:trixieshiftright:

a four legged unicorn warrior to a weird featherless biped

Why not make him transform into a Galarian Rapidash?

TDR

11748550
cause this is a basic pokemon thing, not a Mystery Dungeon sort.

I think Vel is more rubbing her head in the way that everyone who has dealt with Jer for any extended time has. She isn’t enjoying this but is probably happy that she has found a friend. Now what Pokémon do we want to bet Pelt is going to be? My money is on a Ditto, the can breed with anything Pokémon.

I wonder if his 'crystallizing' is a sign of his previous life or some element of his hybrid biology. That it affected his pokemon is interesting. Now... If he asks his grandparents on how... Would she turn into a Joy? Would make sense why they are all identical.

11748647
My first thought as well. But that would be too on the nose...

My guess? If possible, a Zorua.

Login or register to comment