• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 383 Views, 32 Comments

Rock Type - TDR



A old pony finds himself in a new body in a new world filled with pokemon.

  • ...
2
 32
 383

Chapter 2

Rock Type
Another Story in Stone
By TDR



I looked at the pokeball I was given, then the read out on the pokedex I was given, then back up to the professor who handed them both to me.

The old man stared down at me one eyebrow raised. “Something wrong son?”

“Is this because I tormented your wife with with that demon child shtick years ago?” I asked simply.

The professor sighed. “ No Jer'rahd, it is not. Ponytaville is not that big of a town, so we don't get as much attention from the breeding farms. We only get enough pokemon for the number of kids we have starting the challenge. We have eleven this year heading out. Most of your class in fact that's more than three times our usual group.”

“This isn't even a starter.” I protested with a small huff.

“Not a normal one no. We only were given 2 of each with the Bulbasaur, Squirtile, and Charmander. So we had a drawing last night of names and six others of your age group gained those six. The remaining five of you had your names drawn for what was left. The rest came from a local breeder who moved here Prom Paldea, three nidoran, a geodude, and what you got. The only extra we have is a poliwag, would you prefer that one?”

I glared at him. My mothers Vaporeon aside, I did not like water types for obvious reasons. Particularly larger ones that would need deeper water to thrive.

“This is totally because of me tormenting your wife.” I grumbled as the professor rolled his eyes.

I headed out of the small lab set up in Professor Garret's house. He wasn't wrong, this was a small town with a big class of kids reaching 10 this year. I just managed to get in myself, and there were some kids who had been waiting ten months for this day to come. I lucked out by turning ten just at the right time.

I had hoped to get a bulbasaur. They were small and quick to start with, but they turned into brutal tanks when they evolved. I had even studied up on them. I was not going to have a squirtle for obvious reasons and I was going to pass on a charmander because, despite the typing, charizards looked too much like fucking Forgescale for my tastes.

Walking out past the other kids before the inevitable my pokemon is better than your pokemon fights started, I headed out to my training ground, which was really just a field behind my house that was in too awkward of a spot between houses for any one to care about or try and farm. The rocks scattered about it didn't hurt either. My work on it had offered a fair sized clear area for weights wepaon and cardio training.

This was much easier when I was a pony.

I sat down on a large chunk of wood that had a rope nailed into it for me to pull or try and push and finished reading the pokedex entry for the pokemon I had been given.

It was a three tier like the others given to first trainers but for a long time the first tier was never seen and people thought the second stage was the first form. A lot of people were still skeptical on it, but it was confirmed by Professor Oak in the Pallet town. Evidently one of his trainers went above and beyond in his research. Some trainer he had years ago come through had managed to complete the Kanto dex as it was known at the time finding 151 Pokemon in the region, though five of those pokemon were never revealed to the public for some reason. 144, 145, 146, 150, and 151 were often speculated and when asked why they were not included Professor Oak stated he was asked not to. The trainer who found them said nothing, like he was some sort of mute or something.

I was highly interested when I heard his name was Red, though nothing I could find about him made me think he was any sort of womanizer.

Back to my new companion I was wary of it simply due to the moves it knew being , Splash, Pound and copy cat. Not a bad move set, I could do without splash, but not everything was perfect.

My biggest worry was that I had a pokemon who didn't care about getting stronger, one that didn't care about training.

I had a goal I was going to try and find my friends, or failing that I was going to become the champion so that my name was spread far and wide and they could find me. Especially Luna.

So if this pokemon wasn't going to play ball I would need to use it until I caught something that would, then I could release it.

I pressed the button on the ball letting the pokemon free.

She stumbled a little her ears flicking as she looked around curiously before spinning to face me with a soft gasp.

“So here is the question for you? Do you want to get stronger? My goal is to find some people I'm missing, or to become champion so that everyone knows my name and they can find me. To do this we are going to train and we are going to fight so that we can crush any one that gets in our way. Are you willing to do that?”

I met the gaze of the pokemon as it stared at me, it was horribly cute and if she didn't want to I could send her back to my mother who would love her once I got something meaner.

The tiny pokemon considered then nodded at me meeting my gaze with a grin.

“Cleffa!” the star shaped pink thing cried out.