• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 953 Views, 29 Comments

Horror At Sandstone Manor - WinterStormed



Secrets, betrayal, Espionage, Love and War...The Horror At Sandstone Manor.

  • ...
0
 29
 953

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I'm not dead guys

Anemo sighed as he came to the side of his friend.

" You okay ?" The green Pegasus bumped the sheriff's side.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just worried" Hitch said, glumly, as he watched the medics carry the stretcher away. Sprout might lose his left foreleg. What on Equestria would make him do such an act. He was lucky enough he made it through that nasty fall. It could've been a whole lot worse than a missing limb. Hitch felt a chill as he remembered why any sane pony would jump from this wretched mansion. Sprout was damn lucky to escape that crazy monsters clutches. His heart literally stopped beating when he found out Sprout was captured.

The sheriff felt a tap on his back.

"Don't worry about Sprout, Hitch, he'll pull through."

Hitch gave. " I know. He's a hard guy to get rid off."

Venti laughed. "True. True."

They both stood in silence as they gazes fell back on the blackened mansion. It clearly endured a really ferocious fire. But the mansion seemingly stubborn, endured. Besides some shatters glass and unstable support structures, including it's scorched exterior, the mansion seemed completely unscathed, nowhere near a probable collapse. Even the the heavy wooden door was intact. Creepy. Venti frowned. The placed reeked of death. He could sense it .The Pegasus soldiers were right to give the mansion a wary look.

That was all Anemo could identify with so much of ponies surrounding the mansion like a noisy construction site. The quick analysis of the chaos was quick and simple.

There was a lot of commotion. The fearsome Royal Pegasus guards from the Zephyr Kingdom were patrolling around it and even the rarely seen Elite Royal guards could be seen encircling the commanding Tents while the earth pony border patrollers were erecting more tents and sharpening spears. The monster it seemed, was trapped by the Zephyrs kingdoms finest soldiers and the Earth ponies best patrollers.

Anemo hoped it was enough but that thought went to a halt when the most important piece to the whole debacle was in front of him.

"You still haven't told me what happened at the hospital."

Hitch sighed. Ah. He brought it up. His memories of this desecrate place replayed in an instant after he saw the bloody message on the ceiling. He almost lost his mind after he relived it all over again. Venti found him curled into a ball on the floor.

Hitch tried to shrug him off. " It was nothing Venti. Just remembered some bad memories." Really bad memories. He was surprised he took it well. It seemed the that the spell, through time, wore his 'break in sanity' to normalcy. But his grief was fresh. The loss of that day would be remembered till his grave

"Care to elaborate ?" Anemo said. He suspected it had something to do with the mansion. He needed to know. It was obvious he was a receipt of that infernal black rose. Back at the hospital when he informed Hitch about the discovery of what the Black Rose actually does. He just nodded his head like an inmate on death row, as if he already knew what it did in the first place. The only sliver of emotion which was clearly reflected on his face was that of realization when I told him that Sunny, Izzy and Princess Zipp lost their memories.

The effects of the Black Rose were very intriguing. It seemed to be very calibrated and calculated on each of it's victim.

Princess Zipp remembers everything. The encounters with the wolves, bunking in Sunny's place and everything in between. But she recalls no pony accompanying her. She recalled coming to Maretime Bay on her own. Venti felt his insides churn when he heard her say it. Izzy, on the other hoof, was just like the princess but a bit more extreme. She claimed she had never spoken to Sprout before, does not recall anything about being inside Sprout's mansion or even encountering him since his reign of terror ended. Anemo winced at that. Sprout is going to feel that one.

But worst of all was Sunny. She remembered everything thing except Hitch's relationship with her. They were just good friends she said when he interviewed her.

You could actually hear his heart shattering when he broke the news to his earth pony friend. They were all played. It hurt a lot. Was these last few day's even real ? Venti knew it would be worse for Hitch. He's been dating Sunny for at least a month now.

Hitch stayed silent, mulling over the question , thinking what to stay. " I'm sorry Venti. You are my friend. I trust you but....How can I say this ? How can I explain this without you seeing me like a crazy pony ? I'm barely holding myself together."

Venti nodded his head. He could of sort of understand what he was trying to stay. Suffering soothes the guilt. He knew that too well. But he's getting frustrated.

"We all have something to bear alone Hitch but I'm out of the loop here. Every pony is hiding something and it's getting very irritating. Why were there undercover Pegasus here in Maretime Bay way long before the so called 'official' contact between our nations ? What is her highness is hiding ? Why did her highness bring the elite royal guards here ? Who or what is this monster ? So, I'm sorry Hitch I don't care, I can never think you a crazy pony, at this rate I'm already one. I'm torn between my loyalty between my queen and my country and my friends. I already know her highness is hiding something from me. me. Her most trusted confidant. So I really do need my friend to not hide as well."

Hitch looked ashamed. " Sorry Venti, I did not realized what a tight spot you were in. But be prepared what I'm going to tell you. "

"I'm ready," Venti said. "I already have an idea what's going on but it's just an idea."

Hitch took a deep breath. " It was an early morning call from Miss Sandstone. I was but a newly appointed deputy a-a-a-and, I was not supposed to be there....."

Venti winced. Hitch was shaking. "This was a bad idea. It'-"

"No !" Hitch said, tears falling from his face. "I have to tell some pony. The sheriff and Miss Sandstone were Pegasus's, Sandstone wasn't Rose's mother ! She was a damn experiment to them! She had no pony ! They tortured her ! They merged her with a monster ! She died in front of me Venti ! My mare friend ! I was going to propose to her that afternoon !"

Hitch fell to the ground in a broken mess, sobbing uncontrollably, every pony near were looking in confusion.

Did he just say Sheriff Glock was a Pegasus spy ?

Experiment ?

Does that mean we have Pegasus's disguised as earth ponies ?

As the earth patrollers and Pegasus guards talked amongst themselves as suspicion and accusations from both sides began to erupt, Venti stood still.

Venti couldn't help but feel a sense of dread for what was to come. The mystery of the mansion, the Black Rose, and Queen Haven. He knew all seemed to be connected in some way but now..... He felt something churn inside him. Disgust. Ashamed. He was always proud of his nation, the monarch. It's why he enlisted. But. Everything changes now.

It began to rain and the sound of thunder boomed and reverberated everywhere. Venti looked at the gloomy mansion. There were still some questions left unanswered. Why here ? In Maretime Bay ? What were they experimenting on more then 40 years ago ? Why in the first place ?

It seems all the answers were in there.

That was when they heard the bloodcurdling scream.

Comments ( 3 )

Nice to see this Updated

11721017
thanks....really want to finish this. :)

11721019
Youre welcome and better late than never

Login or register to comment