• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 948 Views, 29 Comments

Horror At Sandstone Manor - WinterStormed



Secrets, betrayal, Espionage, Love and War...The Horror At Sandstone Manor.

  • ...
0
 29
 948

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Hi guys !

First off, thank you for reading my stories and commenting, it really helps. Also liking it gives me this warm feeling.....anyway this is sort of a ⚠ for this chapter. Those who are sensitive please refrain. You have been warned. After all this is a horror story (A bad attempt of one anyway)

cheers to you all and have a swell time

Hitch Trailblazer was is the epitome of patience, understanding and Kindness. His passion for his job combined with his sincerity to help others was what made him so popular in Maretime Bay. But at the present moment, his nature was running on fumes while his patience was running thin and his kindness tank empty .

"What do you mean they were never moved ?" The Sheriff’s tone imbued with a light but visible irritation as the Receptionist sweated in his seat. " I personally placed Princess Zipp, Miss Izzy and Sunny to room 3 ! They are not there and now you are telling me I made a mistake !?" Hitch sighed as his anger resided. The receptionist appeared to be close to fainting. "Sorry about that. I'm just a bit... high strung right now. Look, I did check room 3 and they are not there. I even triple checked the whole of the second level."

Hitch felt a gust of wind by his side. "Anemo , did you find them ?"

Anemo shook his head. "I checked Level 1,2 and 3 and double, triple checked. They seem to have vanished ! Maybe they are in the medical staff apartment's ?"

Anemo had a crux. The staff rooms were conjoined to the hospital but it would not make any sense. The cameras were downed but all hospital personnel Hitch and Anemo conversed with, vocalised that there was nothing out of the ordinary. In fact the first floor, where Sunny and the others were located to was the most busiest floor of this very day.

"What about that door ?" Anemo pointed at the double doors besides the Elevator. Hitch glanced curiously at them. He did not recall there being any doors there. When was the last time he payed the hospital a visit ? "Unco-operative, where does that lead to ?"

"I'm sorry Sheriff but I do not have the clearance to divulge any information about Level 0." Unco-operative gulped.

Hitch was screaming internally. "Listen here Unco, I am the sheriff of this town. You are obstructing my obligations to protect and serve. It is a criminal offence."

Unco was agitated as he vibrated in fear at the gloomy aura of the two stallions in front of him but he remained unyielding albeit with a nervous tone. "I'm sorry S-S-Sheriff but I can't afford to lose my job, maybe if you co-"

"What the hay are you two dawdling at the receptionist ! Did you find Izzy or were your'll trying to make a pony cooperate who's name is literally the opposite of what you two are trying to do ?"

"Is he always like this ? " whispered Anemo.

"Only when he's worried or upset." Hitch whispered back. "Sprout, you supposed to be with Queen Haven."

Sprout waved his hoof. "I gave her the message and she complied and as a reward I gave her a gift."

Anemo assigned a suspicious gaze at Sprout. "Sprout what did you do ?"

Hitch rolled his eyes. "What type of gift you gave the Queen ?"

"You know." Sprout said nonchalantly."Some words of advice although she took it the wrong way."

"Care to tell us the advice you gave her majesty." Anemo was bracing himself, it isn't easy to upset her majesty.

"Well, I gave her solid advice. " Sprout said with smile conveying a job well done. "I told her that at her age she needs to eat more junk food-"

Hitch and Anemo sighed in relief.

"- because she needs all the preservatives she can get, I mean with that face- "

Anemo lunged at Sprout. "I'm going wring you neck Sprout !"

Sprout hid behind Hitch. "Come on Anemo ! I was really sincere. I really meant it this time."

Hitch conveyed a pleading look to Anemo. He relented. "Fine. Just stop making fun of her Majesty. It get's under my coat."

Sprout rolled his eyes, scoffing. "Fine. Ugh...Nothing is more ball wrecking to self esteem than underappreciated one liners. "

Hitch inhaled a copious amount of oxygen. He was feeling jittery. They were wasting time ! "Anemo you go to the Queen and escort her here. Explain the situation but not the case." Hitch could see the conflict in his eyes. "Anemo, please, this is really important. For a friend ?"

Anemo was taken aback. Friend ? He never had friends, he was always focus on his training and duty to her majesty. That's how he rose to the top. Dedication. The captain glance at the two earth ponies. No, he did have friends. Two of them.
"Yes." Anemo nodded. "For a friend."

Hitch watch as he galloped to the exit before turning to Sprout. "Sprout I nee-"

"No." Sprout adamantly shook his head. "Nononononononononnono, I am not dealing with that mare again."

Hitch sighed. "Come on Sprout ! The hospital surrounded by Pegasus soldiers is definitely not going unnoticed. The reporters are going to attempt to sneak in."

"Don't you mean a reporter will try to break in ?"

Hitch gave a sad smile. "I know you think I'm giving you lesser tasks but that's not true. You know I always have your back buddy."

Sprout grumbled. "Oh, so you playing with that card now. Aarggggg ! Fine I'll do it. But if she does not listen I'm going to throw off the roof. From News Splash to News Splat ! "

Hitch chuckled nervously. He doesn't really mean it right ? "Okay." He tapped his shoulder. "Good luck !" Hitch watched him as he went to the exit as well.

The Sheriff gazed at the the shiny double- doors. Level Zero. Hitch ignored the protest of the the receptionist as he entered the mysterious level. Actually it was no longer a mysterious. It was exactly like any other level with one long corridor and patient rooms connected to it. Hope rose in his chest. They must be here ! "Time to search !"








BLOOD. So much of BLOOD. The ice white room was splattered with red in the form. On the left side of the room laid three mares on hospital beds. They were alive but seem to be in a deep sleep. On the right, propped against the wall was a pony. Stallion. Pegasus. His stomach was ripped open, most probably while he was alive judging by his front hooves bored with deep slashes. Victim’s blood was used to paint the room. His wings were opened wide pinned with long and thin black spikes, three on each wing. Victim was a medical personnel of the hospital judging by his shredded grey coat and bloodied cap. His identification card was nearby. Squeak Clean. The janitor. Victim’s body smelled strongly of chemicals. Hypothesising that victim was forced to drink cleaning agents. Cause of death : Unknown. Too many possibilities'.


Hitch gasped for breath, his body was trembling. The scene before him was horrifying but he had to calm down. His heart was settling. The girls were fine, although the black roses tucked behind there ears was giving him the chills. What is he forgetting ? What is the connection ? There was no doubt that this incident is related to the Rosewood case. The enigma was now a mystery. Hitch frowned at the deceased pony. He did not deserve to leave through such, no doubt, horrific and agonising death. He knew the stallion since he was a foal. But as an earth pony not a Pegasus.

Hitch jumped in surprise as the door abruptly opened, revealing a sweaty Anemo. “Hitch the Queen i- Good heavens !” The greed Pegasus composure dissipating at an instant. Anemo’s eyes immediately fell towards the girls.

“They fine Anemo.” Hitch said as he steadied his breath. “I already checked.”

“What the hell happened here !?”

Hitch sighed in concern. “My guess is that Squeaky Clean figured out something was wrong and moved the girls to hiding here, without any pony knowing. It seemed that whatever did this. ” Hitch pointed at the body. “Found them.” Hitch then stood right in front of Anemo. His eyes dead centre into his.

“Hitch what are yo-”

The Sheriff raised his hoof for silence. “Anemo. I am going to ask once. Do not lie because I will call out your bluff. Did the Pegasus nation sent agents to Maretime Bay ? Prior to the unification ?”

“Not that I know off. According to my knowledge, these last two months were the first time in centuries our two races met.” Anemo was troubled.

Hitch scrutinised his face before sighing. “Sorry about that Venti.”

Anemo gave a small smile. “I understand. I am just as confused as you are. ” He glanced at the ponies wings. The spikes catching his interests. “ Good heavens ! This is a WB gen 0.9 wing blade.”

Hitch took out the spike from his satchel. “Is identical to that one ?”

The green Pegasus inspected it. “Where did you acquire this ?”

“ Around one and a half years ago. Rosewood manor case.”

“You think they are connected ?”

“Yes but I do have a problem. You see we know that the suspect is a serial killer and is mentally unstable. But I do not know where the Pegasus fit in all of this. In the Morn today before you could come, Sprout and I were theorising the differences between your wing blade and the ones we obtained had different purposes. My question is : Is the Pegasus Monarchy involved or is perhaps a terrorist or some shady organisation from your territory.”

Anemo nodded. “I understand. I too have some questions for her majesty. In fact, we should talk to her majesty after we secure the girls. As for your hypothesis on the wing blades is, I’m afraid, incorrect. You see the wing blade this stallion was using is one of the earliest, if not, the first of it’s kind. The wing blades I am using is the latest model. The Wc gen 4 wing blade. One of it’s kind. If I may add to your theory. This stallion and possibly others in this town are agents no doubt but agents of the past. I theorise that they were deployed for a reason but it seemed the mission was a failure or loss of communication and the mission was aborted. By the wing blades they are using. This probably happened 35 to 40 years ago. In fact. It is possible her majesty's mother had something to with this. ”

Hitch groaned. “This case is getting on my nerves. But you most probably right. These agents have not done anything to hurt any pony.” Hitch looked at Squeaky Clean’s body. “In fact I think they are trying to protect them. It is possible that these Pegasus agents were deployed to hunt down whatever this thing is.”

*Drip*

Anemo nodded. “But enough of that let’s- Hitch ?”

“Yes ?”

“There’s blood on your muzzle.”

Hitch wiped his muzzle. “Where did th-”

*Drip*

Hitch and Venti slowly looked up, the faces contorting into horror.


HELLO HITCH

REMEMBER ME ?

DID YOU REMEMBER THE PROMISE YOU MADE ?
OH ! I SAW YOUR DEPUTY, TIMES REALLY DO CHANGE SHERIFF, HEEE HEEEEEE
I REALLY ADORE HIS COAT COLOR.....SOOO TASTY

XOXO
YOURS FOREVER
YOUR BLACK ROSE


“N-N-N-No. It cannot b-b-b-be.” Hitch fell to the ground, ignoring Anemo. The black rose. He remembered. A case erased from history. “We need to get Sprout NOW !!!!”

Anemo carried Hitch up. “What about the girls.”

“I’ll get them out of here. You faster than me, get Sprout before it’s too late.”

Anemo immediately took off.

Hitch whimpered as he stared at the ceiling above him. “S-S-S-Sandstone Manor. W-W-Why ?”