• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Izzy Adopts Lasso (Final)

Lasso's moments of being with his parents were sadly over, but he knew they would always be with him in spirit. For now, he was focused on what Izzy was wanting to show him and was eager to find out. Izzy walked down the corridor of her home with him riding on her back, getting close to view was a door at the end of the hallway. Finally, they stopped, and Lasso climbed off of her back and with a quick thrust of magic, Izzy slowly opened the door. It was just a closet, but there was an object on the floor of it, a black lock box. It had a little bit of dust on it, but that was because Izzy had opened and used it a few times in the past.

She used her magic to spin the correct combination numbers, since the lock was an attached combo one. Once she had the right numbers in place, it unlocked to reveal a bunch of papers and envelopes.

"This is it?" Lasso asked, "This is what ya' wanted to show me, papers?"

Izzy giggled, "No silly, there is one thing in here that I waited to tell you about."

"What is it?" Lasso asked.

"You see cowcolt, when I first met you and your parents, they told me about what you did not have. They mentioned that you did not have any family left, no parents, no grandparents, no brothers or sisters. How you all were the last and only living relatives left of Twilight Sparkle's ancestry."

"Yes?" Lasso said, raising an eyebrow.

"After I hired you as my workmate for jewelry making, they saw how quickly we bonded. Not to mention they adored that you had a second pony to look up to as family. They really appreciated the fact that you always saw me as a second mother to you, or at least a big sister."

Izzy used her magic to dig through the piles of papers and envelopes, until she came across one. It was a yellow envelope, the kind one would put special forms or papers in for safe keeping. This envelope was kept at the bottom of the lock box for a special reason, it contained something very important of matter, something special.

"Your mom and dad got so happy by what we became, to where they finally had something. They found that I had such a good heart and soul for you, so one day, we had a meeting. Now you were outside playing with your friends that day, but they discussed with me about what would happen if something happened to both of them. The first thing they told me was that their property was to be sold, except for the furniture. Secondly, they said that you were to be placed in a good home, with the help of a unicorn who adores you."

Izzy opened the envelope and out came two forms of documents.

"And that somepony they wished to place you in a good home with................"

The documents were now in Lasso's full view of his eyes, and they read:

"For whom it may concern, in the event of any atrocity or our own deaths. We wish for our son, Lasso Lashes, to be under the hoof of Izzy Moonbow, whom we leave in her care. It is a valuable promise she gives us through her actions of trust, she is willing to accept the responsibility of taking care of our son, our business, and our property."

Lasso was on the verge of tears again, but these were tears of joy. He looked up at Izzy with complete happiness, for he now realized what was happening. Izzy on the other hand, stared down at him with a sad smile, a comforting smile too. She placed her hoof on his chin, keeping his focus on just her. She wanted to have him endure this happy moment for as long as he lived.

"That special unicorn is me cowcolt, I am now your legal guardian." she stated.

Lasso's eyes watered up fully, he could now sense that there was hope for him after all. Izzy stood on her hind legs and opened her forehooves wide. While keeping her saddened eyes and comforting smile functional.

"Come here you!" she stated, Lasso wasted no time and jumped into her forehooves. He then wrapped all four legs around her neck and belly, while burying his face in her chest, the same way at his parents' funeral. Only this time, these were not tears of sadness, or sorrow, they were tears of happiness!

For the longest amount of time, Lasso and Izzy just kept themselves close together. While Lasso cried his eyes out, Izzy rubbed his back in comfort.

"Shhh, I know cowcolt, I know." she said. Finally, Lasso stopped crying and stared up at his new legal guardian. The bottom of his eyes covered with tear stains, which Izzy quickly wiped away.

"Well, what do you say?" she asked him.

"Ah'...Ah' did not know this." Lasso stated with joy, but soon learned he was still in Izzy's grasp.

"Um, Izzy will ya' put me down now?" he asked her. But Izzy just stared at him.

"And why should I do that?" she asked him back.

"Because Ah' want to be put down."

Izzy kept a smile on her face, closed her eyes, and shook her head then said "Mm, mm, mm!"

"I am going to keep you in my hooves for the rest of the night, you know why?"

"No, why?"

"Because you are cute, and I love you very much." she answered, giving Lasso a kiss, "Plus, it's getting close to your bedtime."

As if on cue, Lasso let out a soft yawn, he was starting to feel tired from everything. Especially all the adventure he had endured for the past couple of days. It was finally over, now he could live a normal life once again. As Izzy carried him downstairs to a room with a sectional sofa, she placed him on it.

"Why here and not a bed?" Lasso asked, Izzy went into a secret compartment. Quickly pulling out sheets and pillows, she climbed on the sectional, and laid down next to him.

"Because this is your first night here with me, so I'm going to make it good." she responded, throwing the pillows on their heads. Then she used her magic to tuck themselves in, Izzy made sure her little one was nice and warm. She did that by wrapping her hoof around him and pulling him closer to her.

"Are you warm enough sweetie?" she asked him, Lasso nodded with half-lidded eyes. Izzy could tell he was already getting sleepy. Because within a matter of minutes, he fell fast asleep while Izzy smiled.

She kissed his little cheek, "Good night Lasso, I love you." before she fell asleep, she felt Lasso snuggle closer to her until he was comfortable.

"Ah' love you too Izzy." he said, before he was fully asleep.

"Welcome to your new home cowcolt." Izzy stated, soon they were both asleep.

Comments ( 4 )

Will there be a sequel to this?

xd77 #3 · Apr 12th, 2023 · · 1 ·

11555103
Wait and see.

11555203 what happened to flurry heart you know what i don't think g5 talked about it?

Login or register to comment