• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Funeral

It had been two days since magic had been restored to everyone, the earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns could not have been better. Even though it was victorious that they had won against the villain, it was not so great for poor Lasso. Despite his heroic efforts with Sunny's alicorn powers and his supersonic powers, he still had lost his parents from Opaline's scheme, and was now homeless. But little did he know that he was not going to be homeless at all, but that was not to be known until such time. Lasso's troubles had finally ended victoriously though, he removed the armor he had worn, and Zipp retrieved his bandana to put back on his neck.

All the magic and friendship were back, but there were absolutely no smiles or joy today. Rather frowns and crying instead of that. In the center of the town of Bridlewood, there was a place called "Magic Touch Funeral Home", where ponies would mourn the death of another pony. Inside one of the rooms, there was a massive group of ponies in all kinds sitting down in assigned seats. Sunny, Hitch, and Sparky sat in the third row. Zipp and Pipp sat with Queen Haven, who had Cloud Puff with them leashed on the second row, escorted by their guards. Finally, Izzy sat in the front row, Lasso sitting in her lap as he fought back against tears. Izzy kept her hooves locked around him to make sure he was comforted and not alone.

As all the crowd just sat there in the room, some crying, some hanging their heads low, the head of the funeral came up. He was named Dead Ringer, a unicorn who had profession in having crowds mourn respectfully and comfortingly for the loss of loved ones. Even better he was good friends with Lone Star Jr. and Granny Smith III, and their deaths hit him just as badly as it did to poor Lasso. Their casket was a two person one, the front lock was opened to reveal their shelled bodies resting in peace.

Dead had a specially written eulogy all formed and prepared, he began to quote it in a deep voice.

"Lasso Lashes, Izzy Moonbow, and fellow ponies. We lost Lone Star Jr. and Granny Smith III only a couple of days ago, but we have missed them for a very long time. We have missed their creative presence, their reassuring attitudes, and the happy ending that we had wished upon them. It has not been long since that they gave us the warmth and shade from heat they provided for us. Yet, it is still very sad and hard to let them go."

"Lone Star Jr. and Granny Smith III belong to the ages now, yet we preferred it when they belonged to us. In the life of good fortune, they valued above all the gracious gifts of their son, Lasso Lashes, who still lives now. During their time, they would pass tons and tons of hardships, from the great drought of the golden era to the loss of our magic. But, alongside their son, there was another unicorn who they said would make them feel lonely, just by leaving their home. Bridlewood honors you Izzy Moonbow, the honor, love, and perseverance that you gave this family through such hard times. Lone Star Jr. and Granny Smith's spirits now dwell in a better life beyond the trees, and beyond above all else."

"By the time the sun sets on Bridlewood, Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights, and the rest of Equestria's skies tonight, they will shine. Shine their new angelic light of love over the winds and rain that we will always face. Rest in peace my friends, you brought such love and honesty to us all."

Once the eulogy was over, it was now time for each member of the group to say what they wanted to about the couple. Once that had ended, a projection screen started up, music played at the screen started showing pictures of Lone Star Jr. and Granny Smith III's lives and moments together. As Lasso watched the pictures on the screen, he could not take it anymore and buried his face in Izzy's chest. Izzy gave a saddened look and rubbed his back as he quietly cried.


Later that afternoon, everypony had met up at Izzy's place for condolences and discussions. The biggest problem was that not only was Lasso now the last of the Sparkle family, that meant he did not have anyone for a godparent or even a legal guardian. Not in that family that was, there was a special secret that Izzy had kept hidden from him for a year up until now.

Pretty soon the big crowd had left, leaving only the main cast to stay, they all comforted poor Lasso.

"Ah' wish there was somethin' Ah' could've done to stop her from that!" he cried.

"There was nothing you could have done." Zipp replied.

"These things just happen in a flash sweetie." Queen Haven said, "And sometimes so fast, that nothing can stop it from happening."

"But, if Ah' just gotten there....." Lasso quivered, but Izzy shushed him with her hoof.

"Lasso, you could not have stopped it, even if you had made it. Besides, you could have been dead as well." Izzy replied.

Lasso sniffled, "Ah' wish they were still here right now, Ah'm gonna miss them!" Sunny walked up and rubbed his back.

"I know sweetie, I understand what it's like to lose your parents." she said.

Lasso looked up at her with tear filled eyes, "Y-Ya' do?"

Sunny nodded her head, "You know, you were lucky to have both a mother and a father, all I had was a father. I never knew anything about my mother though. But the truth is, my father is dead as well, I miss my dad just as much as you are going to miss your parents."

Lasso reached his hooves out to Sunny, who did not hesitate to catch him in her hooves. He then cuddled her and nuzzled her chest in thankfulness. Before too long, something came across Izzy's mind, but it would have to involve just her and Lasso.

"Um everypony, can you all leave now?" she asked the group, while having Sunny give Lasso back to her.

"Why Izz?" asked Pipp.

"Is there something wrong?" Hitch asked.

"Um no, I want to be alone with Lasso right now, just me and him?" she stated.

"Of course, dear, we understand." Queen Haven stated, "My daughters and I have flowers to make for their graves anyway."

"Yeah, Hitch and I have stuff to take care of too." Sunny said.

"We'll see you all later, okay?" Hitch said.

"Gotcha." Izzy said, the main cast then left Izzy's shop and shut the door, now it was just her and Lasso as she wanted it.

"Why did ya' do that?" Lasso asked her, Izzy just smiled, "Well you see cowcolt, there is something I have been meaning to show you. But I needed it to be private between you and me, come on champ."

Izzy put him on her back and she guided him to a place where he had never been. Despite knowing the entire store and home.

Author's Note:

Dead Ringer's eulogy is a parody of George W. Bush's eulogy for Ronald Reagan's funeral in 2004.