• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Misty is Betrayed

Back at Opaline's castle, Misty was sitting there in the throne room. She had managed to help Opaline with finally getting information on the magic of Equestria, but was still hoping for getting her cutie mark. While showing an evil like attitude for her adoptive mother, she had a miserable side in her as well, plus kidnapping a colt for the info was a bit too much for her to handle. Misty also heard the cries of Lasso's pain from the other day, when Opaline tickle tortured him as a form of force to enhance the clues for division. A she sat there pondering over the recent events, a sudden flash of light caught her by surprise, causing her to stumble backwards and fall over.

The light soon engulfed the entire room, Misty laid flat on her back and watched in horror as the light beamed, soon followed by a gush of windy power. The sudden force of wind made her puffy carpet-like main blow all over her face.

"Fear not Misty, it is I." said an all too familiar voice, Misty looked up to see Opaline emerge from the light. But what the blue unicorn saw scared her back on her hooves. Opaline soon was in full form, however, she looked slightly different than her usual look. The queen showed her main flowing identical to Celestia and Luna's did back then, her eyes were an emerald, green color, glowing purple light surrounded by lightning flashed through her body.

For Misty, this was not like Opaline at all, what she was witnessing was the effects of the crystals magic at its best. Meanwhile, Opaline floated with her wings in open space, while staring at the wall. Poor Misty was now in fear of what she was seeing.

"O-Opaline, you're h-here!?!" she asked, quivering.

"Yes, I'm here, and yet I'm.....not all there." Opaline said with a synthesized voice.

"M-Mother, are you f-f-f-feeling okay!?!"

"Oh, I am feeling beyond okay!" Opaline answered, "I am feeling a sense of POWER!!!!!!!!"

The sudden screaming effect made Misty back into a corner, causing her to cover her eyes in horror. Before long, she uncovered her face and stared at her eerie looking adoptive mother. But also noticed that Lasso was not even with her, surely, he would have returned with her.

"Wait, where's Lasso?" she asked, Opaline growled in amusement.

"Oh, my dear daughter, let's just say he overdid his usefulness. So, I decided to let him rest off back at the tower."

"You mean, you left him there alone!?!"

"Yes Misty, we no longer have any need for him."

"But you said this was his new home, I even helped you make him a prisoner."

"That is not of our concern anymore Misty, I finally have what I want."

Yes, Misty could see that Opaline got what she wanted, and it now engulfed her body and soul. But was now starting to question all of what had happened, did Opaline really just use an innocent colt for a power grab?

"Now that I think about it, I can pretty much use all this magic to deprive friendship out for good!" Opaline said through her techno voice, she then laughed evilly as her horn lit up. Meanwhile, back with the group, it was looking pretty slim to none, their magic was gone, they had no flight, and no hooves were glowing.

The hydras on the other hand were feeling lucky, thanks to Opaline's interference. They all laughed evilly at seeing the pain and suffering they had inflicted on the group. Izzy was feeling the worst of it, as she not only laid motionless on the ground, but now feared that Lasso could be dead.

"Oh, Lasso." she muttered, looking at her friends through the blurred vision in her eyes. "Please come to me."

Hitch and Posey just stood there and continued arguing over everything that that happened. This left the earth ponies no chance in using their hoof magic, therefore, they could not grow anything to stop the hydras. The worst part was with the pegasus, Zipp and Pipp were too weak to even flap their wings, while Queen Haven stared at the starry sky. She was most concerned about the purple alicorn that did this to all of them but was just as weak as her daughters.

The hydras continued to torment and harass the massive group, while blowing spit and snot on them for the fun of it. The only hope for everyone now was that miracle would be brought on them. However, they did not know that sooner than expected would they actually get one.


Back in her chambers, Opaline continued to play around with the stolen crystal magic. While Misty remained in confusion and horror over what her mother had done.

"How can you even have the nerve to do all that!?!" she asked.

Opaline's horn stopped glowing, as she glowered at her adoptive daughter, "Are you starting to question your own mother, the one who found you, your only friend!?!"

Poor Misty was now even more nervous, yes, she was questioning everything. The thing she was scared of the most was admitting that this was exactly what she was doing. Opaline continued to glare at her, her eyes still glowing green from the magic, her body engulfed in lightning.

"ANSWER ME!!!!!!!" she screamed again; Misty finally had the nerve to do the right thing.

"Yes!" she whined in fear, Opaline was now outraged.

"Well my dearest daughter, or should I say FORMER daughter...." Just hearing the sound of her saying that quickly triggered a nerve in the blue unicorn.

"Since you have decided to question me and my goals, even after the times you've helped me, it has come to this."

Opaline's shadow covered Misty as she backed away into a corner, suddenly Misty was grasped with Opaline's new and improved magic. Only this was not any typical magical aura she consumed; this magic produced a painful touch when one was grasped in it. The pain this magic contained felt like hornets stinging hard like rocks, Misty was screaming in pain from the stinging of the aura.

Later, Opaline opened the door to Misty's bedroom, where she threw her against a wall.

"Now my dearest unicorn, you will stay in here until I complete what I should have done years ago!" She stated.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRUSTED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Misty screamed trying to escape her room, but it was too late, Opaline was quick enough to slam the doors shut and lock them. The helplessness of the poor unicorn was trapped in the room with her, it was now becoming clear that Opaline did not love her at all.

After a quick look of shock and sorrow over what had happened, Misty ran to the center of the room, flinging herself onto her floor bed. She now started crying over the fact that she was betrayed by Opaline, the only one who took her in and raised her.

As she cried, she noticed a light reflecting through a small window.

"Huh?" she asked, with tears still going down her face.

Author's Note:

What is this strange light, find out soon.