• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Kidnapped!

It was now beginning to look like sinking in quicksand for poor Lasso, his previous nightmares had officially come true. Not only did he just lose his parents, but also, someone in a dark shadowy presence did this. His new friends could now see what was going on as well, something did not add up though as Sunny examined Lasso's property, she noticed one clue. She looked down to see footprints leading up to the door, a second clue was an empty jar which contained residue of the poison.

While Sunny examined for clues to who did this, Pipp was doing her usual routine, giving a shout out to all her fans. But this live video chat was not for a shout out, it was for a more personal purpose. She was addressing her fans about the disaster that just unfolded upon this city.

"Hello Pipsqueaks," she stated through her live video chat, "It would appear that I have to deliver terrible news to you all."

From the jumbo screens surrounding Zephyr Heights, all the pegasi watched what their idol was recording, "I am coming to you from Bridlewood, where a new pipsqueak fan I met, Lasso Lashes, has just lost his own parents. This was his home, which was contaminated with magic poison."

All the fans in Zephyr Heights were in shock at what they were seeing, even Zipp and Pipp's mother, Queen Haven, was watching on her indoor screen. Her guards watching with her as she sat there in shock, she could not fathom hearing that happen.

"Now what pony in the world would want to kill a poor colt's family?!" she exclaimed, she needed to do something to help, but what?!

"Guards!" she ordered, the two armor wearing guards turned to her.

"Yes, your majesty?" they both asked.

"I need you to rally up some of our best law enforcement officers, we are going to help my daughters, and their friends investigate how this all happened."

The guards were puzzled, "Your highness, we do not even know who did this though."

"Precisely, it could have been a potion gone awry."

"And I'm pretty sure Bridlewood's law enforcement is already investigating this now."

"I'm sure they are, it's just I have a strange feeling that was done on purpose." Queen Haven said.

The guards were now even more off the wind, how could the queen sense something bad over an event she did not see happen?

Their confusing ways soon departed as reality came back to them. So, out of obedience, both guards quickly agreed to obey her order. They left the throne room to conjure up whatever help they could, meanwhile, Queen Haven continued her concentration on the screen.

"Don't you worry girls, mommy is going to help out with this as well." she said, a sudden whimper took her off for a second though. She turned to see her winged dog, Cloud Puff, stare at her sadly. Haven picked up the little one and held him in her hooves, while petting her.

"It's gonna be fine Cloud Puff, everything will turn out right." she said.


Back in Maretime Bay, Hitch was doing his duties as sheriff, while at the same time taking care of Sparky, his newborn dragon son. It was a really boring day though, for nothing had come about to him. Sparky on the other hand, was just flying around, transforming things he could get his cute little hands on with his fire. It was not long until the little guy noticed his adoptive father looking bored, so he flew over to him and babbled cutely.

Hitch just stared at him with an annoyed look, then sighed, "Not now Sparky, I'm bored as it is."

Sparky then gave a sad expression; Hitch saw his little dragon baby in sadness, before cheering up and smiling. He picked up the cute little guy and held him, while stroking his back.

"I'm sorry Sparky, I'll find someone or something for you to be happy with." he assured, that was until a knock at the door interrupted his moment of silence. Hitch got up from his chair, put Sparky on his back, then walked over to the door and opened it. There at the door stood Posey, the yellow earth pony with the pearl necklace and pink mane and tail, she was showing great concern.

"Posey, what brings you here?" he asked, sounding excited.

"I'm afraid we are all being called over to Bridlewood, we picked up a signal off Zephyr Heights's news channel. Somepony killed a colt's parents with poison!"

"WHAT!?!" Hitch asked in a raising voice.

"This has never happened before, not since ancient times when Tirek and Chrysalis massacred Canterlot!"

Hitch finally had a mission, and a motivation to get it accomplished. He then turned over to Sparky, who showed a determined look at him.

"Come on Sparky, are you ready for a father son adventure!?!"

Sparky gurgled excitedly; Hitch then followed Posey, along with other earth ponies over to Bridlewood.


Meanwhile, little Lasso was finally allowed to enter the house. It took a while for all the fumes from the poison to be extracted, but it was finally all clear, Lasso was all alone though as upon insistence of being alone. Izzy, Sunny, Zipp, and Pipp were all outside. Sunny was discussing the empty jar she found, and the smell of the poisonous gas to them. She finally understood what was really happening, whoever did this was the one who caused equity and division of their species in the beginning!

Back to Lasso's standpoint again, he was now upstairs scouring the remnants of his stuff, along with his parents' things as well. Continuing to scour, he had managed to find whatever he could for keeps, until he came across one room he rarely went into. This room was his mother's crafting room, where she made all her quilts. He opened the door and there were all the quilts she made, hanging on poles, some of them folded neatly and stacked up.

At the far end of the room was a mirror that Granny Smith III used to double check for mistakes. But Lasso was too caught up in anguish to pay any attention to it though, as he inspected all the quilts, the door behind him suddenly closed with a loud slam. He was startled by the sound, then turned to the now closed door. When he went over to try and open it, he was surprised to find it was suddenly locked.

He then noticed an open window, then walked over to it in hopes of climbing out and leaving. But in the blink of an eye, the window was soon covered by a glowing aura, and it closed by itself as well. Lasso was now getting scared, who or what was making all of this happen!?!

"Who's doing this, Ah'm really scared!" he exclaimed in fear, soon after, a sudden whooshing noise caught his attention. Then a bright light shined behind him, Lasso turned again to see the mirror firing up with the eerie white light. He started breathing heavily at the scary scene, and then.......................

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The sudden scream soon caught the attention of everypony outside, especially Izzy.

"What was that!?!" asked Sunny, Izzy soon showed a scared feeling.

"Oh, my goodness, THAT WAS LASSO!!!!!!"

"Come on girls!" Sunny said, they soon went inside the house. Back in the room, Lasso was panting and quivering with fear, he was not only all alone, but also trapped in this room by some unknown force. The next scary thing was a strange smoke emerged out of the mirror, and it engulfed the entire room. However, this smoke was not the same kind that was used to kill his parents.

As Lasso reached for the doorknob to try and escape from the other side out in the hallway, Sunny and the other three managed to trace the source of the eerie event. It was coming from the quilting room; they were soon stopped by the strange sounds coming from inside the room though.

"What's going on in there?" asked Pipp.

On the other side of the door, Lasso heard his new friends and cried out.

"HELP ME GALS, AH'M TRAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Don't worry cowcolt, we are doing whatever we can to right now, we'll be right back with something!" said Izzy, as they soon ran back down the hallway to find something. Lasso was now all alone again, suddenly the lit candles blew out and it was now completely dark.

"Please hurry!" he whined; the darkness was soon flowed with beautiful music coming from nowhere. Lasso was now even more frightened at the sudden tune playing, he went back to trying to pry open the door, when out of nowhere...........

"So, the world goes round and round, with all you ever knew."

The echoing voice sounded soothing, so soothing in fact, that it stunned Lasso frozen.

"They say the sky right above, is beautifully blue."

As the beautiful rhythm of the music became more enticing, Lasso spun around to finally see his reflection in the mirror at the far end of the room. But it soon changed, for his reflection quickly vanished, and a mysterious fog took form. Soon after, a strange pony creature appearing in the mirror took form, a pony not from one he saw in person, but the form of a familiar nightmare.

Suddenly, the pony silhouette form faded, and her full form took its place. Lasso was soon being sunken into a trance, the pony did look like the alicorn from his nightmares, but his undergoing hypnotism kept him oblivious to what was happening.

The purple alicorn showed an evil smile as she started singing another verse.

"If every mare, says all he can if every mare is true."
"Do I believe the sky above is beautifully blue?"

As the alicorn vocalized her beautiful echoing tone, she wagged her right hoof backwards, commanding her now hypnotized prisoner to come closer. Lasso's enticement forced him to obey her command and started walking towards the mirror, the alicorn continuing to wag her hoof backwards.

Back on the outside in the hallway, the four ponies had managed to find something to unlock the door and save him. But they were soon stopped in their tracks, there was a strange sound coming from the other side of the door. Izzy and Pipp pu their ears on the door to hear somepony singing, but it certainly was not Lasso.

"Who's that voice?!" cried Izzy.

"Who is that in there?!" cried Pipp.

"Lasso!!!!"

"LASSO!!!!" Izzy screamed from the other side of the door, but Lasso could not hear them. Instead, he was now right in front of the mirror!

"If all you told was turned to gold, if all the dreamers knew."
"Imagine the sky, right above, beautifully blue."

The alicorn did one final vocalization and held out her hoof, motioning for Lasso to reach and grab it. Meanwhile, the four others managed to finally pry open the door, only to see Lasso walking into the mirror, followed by seeing the purple alicorn cackling as she finally got a hold of him.

"Lasso, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sunny screamed, running up to the mirror, but it was too late. Lasso was now inside the mirror, and then it closed up, turning back into a regular mirror and showing regular reflections of the main four.

"Who was that?!" Zipp shrieked.

"The better question is WHERE HAS THAT PONY TAKEN MY LASSO!!!!????!!!!" Izzy cried, but Sunny put a comforting hoof on her.

"Don't worry Izzy, we will find him, and we will save him!"

Author's Note:

Opaline is a master of trance induced singing, she has now successfully captured Lasso!