• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Sunny's Smoothies

Lasso was amazed at what he was seeing, Maretime Bay was exactly as Izzy said it would be. It was massive, containing a typical view of any town that would reside by the ocean, only thing is, it had changed indifferently over the past several weeks though, the changes that were made had been less frequent and still took its time to complete. As Lasso continued to ride on Izzy's back, she quickly took notice of the first change, and that was all the unicorn traps that had been installed into the ground had now been dismantled and stored away back at the newly improved sections of Canterlogic Inc.. They were being reprogrammed into emergency containers for containing important things like food and clothing, in case of disasters such as a hurricane or a bad blizzard.

"Well, it's good they took out those traps." Izzy said hopping.

"What traps?" asked Lasso.

Izzy stopped hopping dead in her tracks, turning to her little brother-friend with a disappointing frown. Lasso looked back at her with a sudden shock, as if he had done something wrong.

"Izzy, why are ya' lookin' at me like that?"

Before she could answer him, Izzy turned away from him, then hung her head low while closing her eyes in sadness.

"Years ago, I got a letter from somepony asking for them to be their friend, so I tracked the letter's direction all the way to here. When I arrived, the first earth pony I met was laying on the ground, she was really surprised to see me. Sadly, the rest
were not as fortunate, they were terrified to see me."

"Why were they terrified?" Lasso asked as they strolled further in.

"Well, let's just say that, they got fake news that we unicorns had the potential to read minds of the earth pony population. I was told that they smelled like rotten sardines, thankfully they don't."

Lasso was shocked to be hearing all of this, even though things were slowly returning to normal, he was not knowing of stuff like that happening. One other thing about the racist insults of each of the pony species was also in his mind, and that was what of the Pegasus that now had the ability to fly.

"What about the Pegasus, what were their terms before all of this?"

"We thought they had the power to snatch us off the ground and into the air to our death. Before they got the ability to truly fly, they were just walking like us. They tricked others in to thinking they could fly by using fans and wires."

"Why wasn't Ah' told?"

"You're too young to understand kid, besides, I wouldn't want to see you get in trouble for that."

"Is that why you, nor mah' folks didn't allow me to leave Bridlewood before this time?"

"Of course it is, we didn't want you falling for the same fears we all were facing."

"Well, Ah' owe it all to you for it."

Izzy giggled, "It's not me you should be thanking."

"Who is it then?"

"You'll see, it's from the new friends I've made."

Lasso was really growing impatient, he was seeing tons of unicorns, Pegasus, and earth ponies walking everywhere. Surely anyone of them would've become her new friends!

"Oh come on Izzy, how much longer till Ah' see them?!" he whined.

"Lasso, I promise, we will see them." Izzy reassured. "We are getting closer to our destination anyway."

"What is it?"

Izzy pointed her hoof to a building that stood just three blocks from where they were. Lasso looked at the direction of the building she was pointing her hoof at, he was in awe because of the texture and features it contained. The building was a corner one, and it had a smoothie sign on it, at the bottom of the sign read:

SUNNY'S SMOOTHIES: WHERE A SMOOTHIE IS A SOOTHIE!

"That building right over there, is where we are going to meet them."

"Well, come on, let's do it!" Lasso said excitedly.


This business had recently been opened by none other than Sunny Starscout, who was able to have all the species come along together and enjoy themselves. Plus, since everypony loved her smoothies, they also came for that as well, but it would turn out to be a better business day for her. That was because Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm decided to enjoy a day there for themselves.

They were sitting at a table waiting for Sunny to come out with some smoothies, one with flavors they had ordered. They knew that she would not take long for that, but they were feeling rather disappointed, and it was about that fact that Izzy was late, she was supposed to be there with them, but they never expected her to take this long.

"Well, it sure does not take this long for a unicorn to show up." Zipp remarked.

"What is taking her so long, she said she'd be here before us." Pipp whined before giving a worried sigh, "I just hope she didn't forget."

Zipp put a hoof on her sister, "Don't worry sis, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she's just got some things to tackle before she gets here."

On time in general, Sunny came out of the doors that led to the room where she made the smoothie of the customer's choice. In her right hoof was a trey that contained several of them, each bursting with the flavors that they requested, it sure did not take her long to make them though.

Once Sunny gave Zipp and Pipp their smoothies, she soon joined them with a drink she made for herself. Unlike the Pegasus sisters, Sunny did not seem too worried about Izzy being late at all, for she knew that unicorns always took their time before accomplishing a big deal.

"You know Sunny, it's just not the same at this table without Izzy."

"Come on you two, you all know unicorns take longer than expected sometimes, besides, what if she has a surprise for us?"

"Well, if it is a surprise, it better not be another one of her jewelry designs."

Sunny shook her head as she took the first sip of her drink, just then from out of the blue, they heard the bell ring. Signaling the front door was opening, the three turned to see none other than Izzy with her friendly smile showing.

"Izzy!" they all cheered.

"What took you so long?!" exclaimed Pipp.

"You shouldn't have been so late for this moment."

Izzy gave a nervous laugh, "Sorry about that, I just took the moment and time to bring a new friend of my own for you all to meet."

She then turned her side revealing a brown unicorn colt with a nervous smile, he had a cutie mark of a lasso wrapped with lashes around a cowboy hat. He also was wearing a red bandana around his neck.