• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Lasso's Time

Zipp, Pipp, and Sunny were in surprise that there was somepony new right in front of them. They could not believe that Izzy had known such a cute looking colt before they even met each other, as for this colt, he was never shy nor scared. In fact, he had a cool attitude and showed a loving smile of his own to them.

Pipp and Zipp got up out of their chairs and walked up to this little one.

"And who might this cute little one be?" Pipp asked as she stroked the little one's mane.

"L-Lasso is the name." Lasso said through a voice, sounding like enticement to feeling Pipp's hoof. "And g-g-greetin's mah' game."

Izzy on the other hand seemed to get a small giggle out of this.

"Well it sure is a good thing to meet you Lasso." Zipp said, "I'm Zipp and the one petting your mane is my sister Pipp, the one over her sitting at the table is Sunny, she runs this cafe."

Lasso then got off Izzy's back and walked towards Sunny.

"Hi Lasso, it sure is a pleasure to meet such a kind-hearten unicorn colt." she said, but instead of answering her, Lasso just walked up and sniffed her the same way Izzy did when she met her.

"What, what are you......" Sunny said with a dazed look on her face, Lasso then turned to his friend.

"Y'all were right Izzy, they don't smell like rotten sardines." he said with a smile, Sunny turned away with a sudden change of expression. It went from a dazed one to now an annoyed one as she let out an irritated growl, on the other hoof, Izzy quickly grabbed Lasso and pulled him towards her.

"Okay Cowcolt, let's not bring that up to any earth pony while we're here okay?"

"Got it." said Lasso.

"I really do not understand what this obsession with us smelling bad is all about."

"I think everypony in Bridlewood got carried away with that theory." Izzy said with a nervous chuckle. "But uh, let's just let bygones be bygones and enjoy ourselves for a change."

Izzy and Lasso then joined them by the table, Izzy sat by Sunny while Lasso sat in between Pipp and Zipp, but there was one other pony missing!

"Hey, where's Hitch?" asked Izzy

"Oh he's on Sheriff duty today patrolling Sprout's community service, so he won't be joining us today."

"When will Ah' see him?" asked Lasso.

"You'll meet him eventually, in the meantime do you want a smoothie?" asked Sunny.

"Don't mind if Ah' do."

Sunny let out a small giggle and stroked his mane the same way Pipp did, "All right Lasso, I'll go make you one right now."

As she got up from the table and into the kitchen, Lasso watched her go in for a second before turning his attention back to the others.

"So Lasso, what do you do for a living?" asked Zipp.

"Ah'm Izzy's assistant jewelry maker, Ah' help her around her place."

"Really, you work for her?"

"Ah' work with her, not for her."

"Well, surely you must work for her because you make jewelry with her as you mentioned." said Pipp.

"Well okay, if y'all put it that way, Ah' work for her."

"So Izzy, how long has he been working for you?" asked Zipp.

"About a couple of years, I taught him every basic and pro way of making it."

"I must say, that's very thoughtful of you to have him help you out." Pipp said. Once in the middle of their conversation, the door that led into the kitchen swung open, and out came Sunny. She had not been paying attention for the first two minutes of what was going on, because she was making Lasso a smoothie.

"What have I missed for the past minute?" she asked, coming with Lasso's smoothie.

"Not much, it just appears that we have a junior employee here." Zipp answered.

"What do you mean?" asked Sunny as she gave Lasso his drink, he then intervened with them.

"Well, Ah' don't know how much of the talkin' ya' heard Sunny, but Ah' work for Izzy. Ah' help her make her jewelry, and clean up around her business hours, Ah' do it because Ah'm assisstin' mah' parents with wages."

Sunny was flabbergasted at what she just heard, "Really, you actually work with Izzy?"

"Eeyup!" replied Lasso, taking a swig of his smoothie, it turned out to be delicious.

"So, if. I may ask sweetie, why are you working as such a young age?" Pipp asked.

"Yeah, I've never seen or even heard of a colt who loved working for payments. I mean, why are you helping your parents out if they have jobs?" Zipp asked.

Instead of answering them, Lasso just gave a blank stare, Izzy looked over and saw that he would eventually go misty eyed if they dared ask again. So, she calmly rubbed her hoof against his back, reminding him with a loving smile that it would be alright for him to tell, but Lasso wouldn't budge.

"Ya' know, Ah'd rather not talk about that." he said as he took another guzzle of his smoothie, the main three continued to stare at him as if he was hiding something.

"Why are y'all lookin' at me, Ah' said Ah' don't wanna talk about it."

Izzy rubbed his back, "Come on Lasso, it's alright, you can tell them."

Instead of bucking up and telling them why he worked, Lasso just slightly pushed his smoothie aside and buried his face on the table, Izzy closed her eyes and shook her head in grievance. From the way she was showing it, it was not the first time little Lasso had denied the audacity to tell his life story to others because he felt like it was a personal matter. He really wanted to keep that only between him and Izzy, but the time for keeping secrets was always temporary, finally he looked back up at them with a now tearful face.

Sunny, Zipp, and Pipp could now tell what he was going to tell them was not pretty.

Author's Note:

Secrets cannot be kept hidden forever.