• Published 5th Oct 2021
  • 2,408 Views, 60 Comments

Sunny with a Lasso - xd77



Lasso Lashes meets new friends, thanks to Izzy.

  • ...
 60
 2,408

Arrival to the Castle and the Trap

Sunny, Izzy, Posey, and the rest of the group had managed to dodge a ton of obstacles throughout this journey. They had left Sunny's lighthouse earlier, but it had felt like the day was shortened. Reason being that the path was becoming less lit from the sun due to the trees becoming gnarled. They were warned that the journey to the castle would be dark to do, because Opaline's castle was in a remote location that did not have much light. Despite the challenges that awaited them, they all worked together to overcome the obstacles they fought themselves.

Even though they were successful, Izzy still felt uncomfortable, she had that strong feeling that Opaline did something to Lasso. The other ponies had tried their best to reassure her otherwise, but little to no avail. No matter how much they tried, Izzy would not be able to fade away from the dread she imagined. The big feeling consumed all her emotions.

She was scared Opaline had tortured him or worse.

She was happy that the scientists found Lasso's location.

She was sad that she could not save him in time.

She was angry that Opaline took him for something evil.

Almost every emotion that she had was consumed by this only thought. Meanwhile, they ran into another problem, a massive roadblock. Right in front of the group surrounded by darkness, a forest of thorns and prickly pears.

"Okay, how are we supposed to get rid of that?" asked Posey.

"Oh, this is just great!" Izzy yelled, "First, a dark path, then potholes, NOW THIS!?!?!"

"Izzy, don't worry, I just thought of something for this." Hitch exclaimed. He had remembered reading a series of earth pony spells. Magical spells that were used only on a rare occasion, one he came across would contain a power in earth pony magic. A power that instead of creating or restoring plant life, it would destroy plant life, this was one of the moments to use it.

Posey scoffed at this though, "Why would we destroy something our own species brings to life?"

"Hey, sometimes even gardening can get overwhelming. Remember when all those vines covered up Maretime Bay?" asked Sunny.

Posey suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah."

"We can use our earth pony magic to slice away all these thorn vines, if we work together."

"I'm in."

"As are we!" exclaimed the rest of the earth pony group. With the green glow of their hooves, they started slashing the thorny branches and vines one by one. Even though they did not enjoy killing plants, this was an exception, since Lasso being saved was on their minds. Piece by piece, branch by branch, one by one, they all dismantled through the painful and pricking obstacle.

While they fought through, the pegasi were being led by Zipp, Pipp, and Queen Haven through the sky. Continuing to be the group's air support team, they pressed on locating the direction of the castle. The unicorns being led by Izzy had their horns lit up for light, while all the ponies cutie marks glowed, creating a trail. What they did not know was that these obstacles were being set up deliberately, because Opaline was watching them through another mirror. She was motivated to make sure Lasso would not be rescued, and her mission of draining the unity crystals magic was a Sitch.

But no matter how hard things were, the group was determined themselves as well. Especially for poor Izzy, as she wanted Lasso to be back in her hooves again. Back in the castle, Opaline continued her watchful eye on both mirrors. One showing the group coming, the other showing the portal to Sunny's lighthouse, where the crystals awaited.

"The time has come for my plan to take action." she stated, "Misty, keep Sunny and the others at bay!"

Misty was shocked, "What, there are too many of them!"

"Exactly." Opaline said, she then levitated a switch over to her. "I have set a trap for them, once they get to the entrance, push the button on this remote. It will open a trap door out there beneath all of them, waiting for them below are hydras about to hatch from eggs."

Opaline proved this by using her magic to switch the mirror showing the unity crystals, to the location of the hydra's eggs. From what it was projecting, the egg cases had small cracks forming on them, and growling of the babies could be heard in them.

Misty was rather impressed, Lasso just grinned in amazement.

"Wow master, ya' sure do know how to defeat easily." he remarked, Opaline pulled him closer in a pretend form of sympathy.

"I do, don't I, my boy?" she said, Lasso and Misty both laughed evilly as the mirror switched back to showing Sunny and the others. Opaline continued to use her magic to create challenges for them, as it resumed back to the main group. All the races of ponies were getting very weary from their goals, Izzy's continuous magic use was starting to give her a migraine, as with the other unicorns. Queen Haven, Zipp, Pipp, and the rest of the Pegasi were on the brink of crash landing due to overzealous flying. Sunny, Hitch, Posey, and the rest of the earth ponies hooves were starting to go numb from all the glowing. As for Sparky, his assistance by breathing green fire to give light was almost running out, due to his mouth running dry.

The pegasi finally collapsed to the ground from exhaustion in their constant wing flapping, landing on top of some unicorns and earth ponies and making them fall to the ground. Zipp, Pipp, and Queen Haven just landed on the path softly, but panting from exhaustion.

"Ugh, I can't take it anymore!" Posey screamed, cringing in pain from all the thorns prickling her legs and mane.

"Come on everypony ugh!" Izzy said, "We can make it!" she could tell, because just beyond the last set of thorny vines, there was a bridge. And dead ahead stood what was, none other than Opaline's castle!

The group was still pretty tired, but the castle's sight in the distance pressured them to stay motivated. So, the pegasi group figured they could help by using their hooves to break some the vines as well. Which is what Queen Haven ordered them to do during the time. Through their teamwork, they managed to destroy the last round of vines, Opaline was furious!

"NO, IT CANNOT BE!" she yelled, observing their teamwork from her mirror. That's when her backup plan came into play, she would greet them through a portal stand that stood atop the front doors of her castle.

"What are you goin' to do master?" asked Lasso with his hypnotic attitude.

"Just wait my slave, Misty has it all covered."

"Yeah kid, watch and see." Misty exclaimed, showing Lasso the switch.


Meanwhile, the massive group had finally made it to the bridge that led to the castle entrance. Covered in thorns and sweating like crazy, the group ran a good length across the bridge. Surrounded by utter darkness, they could not tell how much longer of light they had, due to the massive cloud cover that hovered over the area.

"Oh, I hope we're not too late!" Izzy exclaimed.

"Just hang in there Izzy, we're almost there." Sunny reassured.

As they approached the entrance to the castle, there was a sudden force field activation. It was powerful enough to cover both doors, this caused the group to stop in shock. As was Izzy, it felt like whoever the one that kidnapped Lasso, did not want them to rescue him.

"What gives!" exclaimed Pipp.

"Where did this shield come from?" Posey asked.

"Seems like somepony doesn't want us to intervene." exclaimed Zipp.

Hitch walked up with Sparky, "Maybe Sparky can try something, come on fire breather."

Sparky blew whatever fire he had and shot it at the shield. Unfortunately, not even that was effective on the force field's strength.

Suddenly, Izzy snapped, she then charged at the shield and started bucking it with all her might.

"YOU MEAN ALICORN, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR TAKING MY COLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she yelled, suddenly, there was the sound of evil cackling coming from nowhere. Followed by the sudden sound of what sounded like a whoosh. Sunny stopped Izzy before she could go any further, and they all looked up in horror.

Sunny walked up to what was a projection portal stand atop the doors. A form of pink smoke and fog ignited the entire stand like a lit torch. Moments later, a dark figure took form in the pink fog, Sunny looked up to see a purple alicorn appear in full form. When Queen Haven saw who this alicorn was, she was in complete shock, for she knew who it was.

"Opaline Arcana!" she thought to herself.

Opaline stared at Sunny, who continued to glare at her in anger. She could tell this was the alicorn from the mirror at Lasso's home, the same alicorn who kidnapped Lasso, but Opaline would not make any mention of that.

"Sunny Starscout....you have been a persistent thorn in my side, not to mention a most disruptive, uninvited guest at my castle. I apologize that I am unable to give you a guided tour, as I have more pressing matters to attend to at your lighthouse."

Sunny was now in confusion, why would Opaline need business at her home?

"However, I remain a gracious host to leave you and your friends in the company of favorite gladiator hydras. I hope you find them as entertaining as I have over the years."

Just off view, Misty slammed her hoof on the remote switch, causing a trap door to open beneath the bridge. The whole crowd screamed as the fell into a filthy pit, once they all landed, they exclaimed and groaned in agony.

"What was that all about, pressing matters at my lighthouse?" Sunny asked as she got up.

"And what did she mean by gladiator hydras?" Hitch wondered; they did not have to wait long to find out though. Because a cracking sound soon followed their attention, they all spun around to see three giant eggs each the size of a building. They were now in total fear as the eggs rattled and moved, suddenly, the unthinkable happened. A dragon like head popped out of all three eggs, making the entire crew back away in horror, staring up at the scary looking creatures.

"S-S-S-Sunny, what do you call those things?!" Posey stuttered in fear as the creatures grew taller and taller.

"Those are......" just as the monsters started roaring "THE GLADIATOR HYDRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Author's Note:

Opaline remains one step ahead of the group.
How will they ever stop her?
Will Lasso be rescued, or be a slave to the evil alicorn forever?
Will Opaline finally carry out her goal to destroy and usurp the magic from the unity crystals?

Find out next time!