• Published 25th Sep 2021
  • 830 Views, 11 Comments

Pranking Paranoia - TheSuperTransformerFan



The three pony tribes were separated by paranoia and mistrust. But Rarity didn’t make that happen, right? Gotcha!

  • ...
 11
 830

Rarity’s Little Prank

It was a nice day in Equestria! The sun was shining, the sky was gleaming and Equestria’s princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle flew through a rainbow, already having the perfect day! “Whoo hoo! Ya haa!” She shouted happily, as she flew right down to her friends, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash...who were just having a little picnic together, and hanging out.

“Hurry, Friends!” Twilight said to them excitedly, as she took off. “Time for a new adventure!”

“Adventure?” Rainbow Dash piped in excitement. “I’m in!” She followed her fast princess friend.

“Whoo hoo!” Applejack whooped in agreement. “Let’s go, ponies!” And they all took off to join Twilight.

“Earth ponies take the lead!” Twilight said happily, as Applejack & Pinkie Pie joined her.

“Pegasi, fly beside me!” Twilight continued as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy got into their flying patterns.

“Unicorns...horns at the ready!” Twilight finished as Rarity readied her horn for battle!

“For Equestria!” The Mane Six all proclaimed as they posed excitedly.

“What fantastical foe awaits us, Princess?” Rarity asked quizzically.

“Is it something scary?” Fluttershy whimpered.

“Or is it something awesome?” Rainbow asked, as she was ready for action.

“No matter what it is, we face it together!” Twilight told her friends, as they smiled and were filled with confidence. “...for we are the guardians of Friendship! With the power of our friendship and magic, we will...”

“Spread love!” Pinkie Pie piped up.

“Give hugs!” Fluttershy called out.

“Fry brains!” Rarity said, as a devilish smile curved across her face and her eyes turned demonic.

Twilight and the others were shocked. They didn’t think THAT sounded right! “Wait, what?” They asked confused.

“Yeah!” Rarity said evilly to them. “I’m a unicorn, and we’re evil!” Her horn no longer flashed blue, but now red and her eyes went totally sinister. And, what’s more, she could attack her friends any moment! “I’m going to zap everypony with my horn lasers!” She cackled.

This made everyone scream, as they took off scared as Rarity was about to fry them! Twilight gasped, as all she could do was watch. “No, no, no!” Twilight said with worry as something horrifying would happen. “It’s all wrong! The ponies are supposed to get along, remember?!” She was shocked that Rarity was turning on her friends, and a horrible vision of the future might as well happen.

But, then...just when the future of paranoia and mistrust was about to happen, Rarity stopped, and just giggled sweetly. “Gotcha!” She called out, which made everyone else skid to a stop.

“Huh?!” The others said, confused, as Twilight’s ears perked up.

“What?!” Twilight asked in shock upon hearing this, to which Rarity laughed.

“I fooled you, girls!” The fashionista laughed as they reunited. “I’m not going to fry your brains! It was just a prank! Personally, I didn’t expect you to fall for it so hard!” Everyone else gave her the stink eye as she said that.

“Aah! We literally piddled ourselves, Rarity!” Pinkie shrieked, as she saw a puddle of yellow on the ground.

“That wasn't funny!” Fluttershy scolded her, as tears came out her eyes. “You really scared all of us!”

“I hope you're happy, Sugarcube!” Applejack said to her seriously.

“Nope. You're all too easy, Darlings.” Rarity said, smiling and giggling. “Especially you, Fluttershy. You're scared of everything!”

“That's not true.” Fluttershy said, to which Rarity said, “Boo.” This made her curl up into a ball.

“I mean, how could you not appreciate that?” Rarity asked again.

“Because I don't think being scared is very cool!” Rainbow shot back at her. “Don’t you remember what happened when I pulled that dragon prank with Fluttershy?” Fluttershy gave her the stink eye. “I try not to remember it.”

“I do!” Pinkie Pie piped up. “Your heart gets all racy, your hooves get all tingly, your mouth gets all dry-ie!” She froze, then reanimated. “Actually, I don't like that part. But the rest is great!”

“You see, Darlings...” Rarity told them. “After I witnessed Rainbow Dash her pull a myriad of pranks one time for the filly cookie drive, I thought I decided to explore my creative pranking side too. And so, I thought...why not scare you guys into thinking unicorns were evil?” Twilight and the others glared at her. “Didn’t you think that was a funny stunt?”

“Scaring us was just plain lazy!” Twilight said to her, as she gasped.

“Lazy?!” Rarity scoffed.

“A prank isn't very good if you're the only pony laughing.” Twilight said to her seriously. “The trick is making sure that your idea of funny matches the pony you're pranking.”

“And, your prank didn’t sit well with our great day!” Rainbow scolded her.

Rarity realized what Pinkie told Rainbow during the first year Twilight was in Ponyville that Fluttershy was too sensitive to be pranked and boy did the bearer of the element of generosity forget all about that! “I guess it didn’t.” She admitted finally. “I'm sorry everypony, for this prank. I didn't know how scared you would be, or rude it would turn out.”

“Well, we hope you learned your lesson.” Fluttershy said, as they all smiled.

Rarity looked at her friends, and smiled back. “I did, Darling.” She said, hugging Fluttershy before hugging the others as well. “I did.”

“See? We knew you did!” Rainbow Dash said, as she and the others joined in on the hug.

“I’m glad you admitted your mistake, Rarity.” Twilight said, smiling at her. “However, we’re still going to have to talk about your pranking ideas later on.”

“Alright, darling.” Rarity admitted. “It WAS pretty uncouth!”

“It sure was!” Pinkie said, nuzzling her, as she giggled. Everyone giggled as well, as they could have a great day without any paranoia and mistrust!

As they left, Fluttershy turned to her friend. “You’ve got a real pranking problem, Rarity.” She said to her seriously. “You’re almost as bad as Rainbow Dash!” She then flew off to join the others.

Rarity blushed for a little while, before turning to the fourth wall. “I don’t think I do.” She said, as she giggled, and went to join them. She was happy she had learned her lesson after scaring her friends when she didn’t mean to. It was a great way to start the day!


As they went back to the Castle of Friendship after their mission, Twilight smiled. “I’m very glad you’re all okay!” She said to them, as they smiled and nodded.

“Of course, we’re okay, Twi!” Rainbow said, as she playfully slugged her.

The mares all laughed except Twilight, who started to pull all her friends into a great, big hug. Though the others were completely concerned about the prank Rarity pulled earlier, they would never reject a group hug.

“Musta been something to spook you that much. Huh, Twi?” Applejack spoke up, as she chuckled.

Rarity nodded. “Quite indeed, but it wasn’t real, Twilight dear!” She said, happily embracing her friend. “You’ve got nothing to worry about!”

Twilight held on for dear life and shook as she cried with joy, realizing that her friends were still with her. She spoke through her heavy tears.

“I really thought we would all be separated by the opposite of Harmony…” she spoke between sobs “...like paranoia and mistrust…”

Pinkie rubbed the top of Twilight’s mane. “Aww, don’t worry about something like that, Twilight!” She said, comforting her. “After all we’ve been through — nothing’s ever gonna tear us apart! I mean, who could POSSIBLY replace Applejack?”

Everypony laughed. A true laugh from the heart. Twilight felt the last vestiges of her paranoid fear leave her. The corners of her mouth lifted into a beam. As the sun shown brightly above above their homeland, and the trees gently danced in the summer breeze, and the birds chirped their usual happy song, Twilight’s spirits reached the sky.

“You know something, girls? We are so lucky to live in this town. I love you all!” Twilight said happily, as her friends said “awwwwww.” In agreement. She was right. She did love them! “Nothing will ever tear us apart! We’ll all be friends — forever! I’m glad none of us are going anywhere!” She said between sobs.

“You got that right, Twilight.” Fluttershy said as they continued to embrace their hug. “We’re not going anywhere anytime soon! Not even for a while!” And they all enjoyed their day together, ready to hang out with their friends like Spike and Starlight, and have many more adventures along the way.

One thing’s for sure...they would not being going away from the world anytime soon! This is the land they would remain in for the rest of their lives!

Author's Note:

Another one shot done! I did use a little spoilers for the G5 intro scene. But, I decided to get this idea out as quickly as I could! Got any G4 meets G5 ideas? Feel free to throw some out to me, so I can get writing! After all, Friendship IS magic! My 10th alternate ending story is coming up, along with ShadowPony300’s request, so stick around!

Deputy Sprout: Oh, COME ON! SERIOUSLY?!

Me: Sorry, Sprout. It looks like you are too late to the game! Maybe next time, Buddy! NOT! (Wayne and Garth style laugh)

Comments ( 11 )

Better than season 8 and 9's storyline, that's for sure.

Seriously? Is that picture real?! That makes no sense on why Rarity of all ponies be suddenly turn "evil"??!!

10990330
Burn. Were they really that bad? I skipped those seasons, but surely they were no worse than season 3 and season 4's story lines. Rainbow Power indeed.

10990433
It's real in terms of the movie, but in universe it only happened in imagination

10990638
Well let's see:

Season 8 was about them establishing a bloody "school of friendship", despite the Mane Six already having very demanding jobs as is so they could shoehorn in a new "Young Six" who were poor carbon copies of the Mane Six, only different species. Originally season 8 was going to be about them finding the Pillars of Equestria, but because of the movie they condensed that down to a two-parter and instead gave us what we got, and they scarcely even brought up bits about the movie other than the hippogriffs/sea-ponies being introduced in that.

And the villain was a filly the age of the Cutie Mark Crusaders manipulating everyone with her cutesiness and guilt-tripping, and despite being a regular Pegasus, SOMEHOW could communicate with Tirek in what is ostensibly Hell (Tartarus). And even better (pfft)? She, a non-spellcaster, somehow almost got rid of all magic in the world and was going to make herself "Empress of Friendship". How? By apparently just being all cutesy and that way everyone apparently was swayed to her side. When the only individuals she had affected were at best FILLIES!

As usual, magical McGuffin; the treasures of the six species does the Rainbow Power thing again, magic comes back, the villain, named Cozy Glow, gets imprisoned in Tartarus.

Season 9:
Celestia decides that she and Luna retire. Seriously. That apparently the world has been most peaceful since Luna's return from the moon, despite, you know:
- The return of her corrupted sister seeking to create an eternal night
- The release of the literal Spirit of Chaos seeking to turn the world absolutely mad
- Their capital being infiltrated and invaded by emotion-draining shapeshifters
- The return of an evil specter unicorn overlord who, as established in an alternate timeline, caused a great war
- The release of a power-mad centaur who literally absorbs magic simply as a means to destroy
- A mentally unhinged unicorn creating a cult that stripped ponies of their cutie marks as an act of "equality", who later almost destroys the timeline using a time travel spell
- The emotion-draining shapeshifters successfully abduct all figures of power and prominence
- The return of an ancient monster that was darkness made manifest seeking only to destroy
- Being invaded by a foreign army led by a baboon who had a vaguely defined magic stick with a more competent, vengeful second-in-command
- The aforementioned filly who somehow destroyed all magic

You know: Peaceful.

So yea, two seemingly immortal near cosmic-scale beings retiring and placing all their responsibilities; rulership and the controlling two celestial bodies, to someone they just like more than others. (Mind you, I never liked Twilight as an alicorn to begin with.)

The plot is that Grogar, a villain from G1, a goat necromancer, in this just a dangerously powerful entity who allegedly created all monsters in the world, brings Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow and Sombra together to destroy Twilight Sparkle. Sombra being the arrogant prick, but also downgraded as not being this terrifying, spectral presence, but more the typical haughty and snooty evil monarch, declines and goes it alone, enslaving the Crystal Empire, Equestria and destroying the Tree of Harmony and the Elements of Harmony. But naturally is defeated the typical way, though with some help from Discord.

Grogar sends the villains to claim his lost Bewitching Bell which held the bulk of his powers, only for the villains being, you know, treacherous, steal the bell for themselves and eventually turn on Grogar in part 1 of the finale... Only to reveal it was Discord in disguise! And the Bewitching Bell is basically just Tirek's magic drain, only it can also be used essentially as a glorified magic cannon, which they use to drain Discord's magic, and then attack Equestria, where everyone is suddenly paranoid and distrustful due to Cozy Glow and Chrysalis in disguise spreading gossip (seriously!) so that the earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns are huddled away like paranoid weirdoes.

Also one moronic inconsistency is that the villains can't use Discord's magic, despite, you know; Tirek absorbed his magic in season 4 and he was fine. And this was even after draining Celestia, Luna and Cadence, two of whom get power drained again, and having Grogar's bell.

They do go somewhat different with the final battle where the goal is for the Mane Six to use their personal skills and trust to get the bell. When it fails, suddenly all the other characters, the ponies, the gryphons, the yaks, the hippogriffs, the changelings and even one-time examples like the buffalo and kirin come to help. I actually appreciated that notion. But yet again, instead of it being the combined might of everyone working together, it's rainbows once again the blast away the villains and depower them, Discord gets his apparently uncontrollable powers back, and he, Celestia and Luna petrify the villains.

Twilight takes over as the sole monarch, does a time-skip to the future of introducing a last-minute character, Luster Dawn, as Twilight's apprentice. Series over.

Fun fact, with both season finales, they had different writers working on parts 1 and 2, and apparently none of them actually checked for series consistency, when the series is all up online, they had access to it themselves in their own studio.

So yea, I absolutely HATE seasons 8 and 9 for their storylines. I still love the stand-alone episodes, most of which are still very good and enjoyable. I legitimately blame the fact that because of the movie that we lost what could have been a much more intriguing story, and possibly have something truly epic; we got this BS.

And now, G5, is a sequel to this once gem now a trainwreck.

10990876
>Originally season 8 was going to be about them finding the Pillars of Equestria, but because of the movie they condensed that down to a two-parter and instead gave us what we got, and they scarcely even brought up bits about the movie other than the hippogriffs/sea-ponies being introduced in that.
Lel, that is exactly what they did with Season 1. First as tragedy, then as farce.
>And the villain was a filly the age of the Cutie Mark Crusaders manipulating everyone with her cutesiness and guilt-tripping, and despite being a regular Earth Pony, SOMEHOW could communicate with Tirek in what is ostensibly Hell (Tartarus). And even better (pfft)? She, a non-spellcaster, somehow almost got rid of all magic in the world and was going to make herself "Empress of Friendship". How? By apparently just being all cutesy and that way everyone apparently was swayed to her side. When the only individuals she had affected were at best FILLIES!
I guess they must have realized the mistake they made by reforming hands down the best villian in the show's run--Diamond Tiara--and decided to just make a new Diamond Tiara.
>Celestia decides that she and Luna retire.
Why the hell does Luna get to retire? I get Celestia being sick of ruling the world after a thousand years, but Luna spent nearly all of that time just decorating the moon with her face.
>(Mind you, I never liked Twilight as an alicorn to begin with.)
The only people who did were in the Hasbro marketing department. CORRECTION: and Seth's toadies on EqD
>The plot is that Grogar, a villain from G1, a goat necromancer, in this just a dangerously powerful entity who allegedly created all monsters in the world, brings Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow and Sombra together to destroy Twilight Sparkle.
If they are going to bring a G1 villian back, why not ask Queen Majesty to come out of retirement and turn him into bubbles? Wait a minute, didn't Sombra explode?
>Sombra being the arrogant prick, but also downgraded as not being this terrifying, spectral presence
They probably did not want to get sued by the company that owns Lost.
>Grogar sends the villains to claim his lost Bewitching Bell which held the bulk of his powers, only for the villains being, you know, treacherous, steal the bell for themselves and eventually turn on Grogar in part 1 of the finale... Only to reveal it was Discord in disguise! And the Bewitching Bell is basically just Tirek's magic drain, only it can also be used essentially as a glorified magic cannon, which they use to drain Discord's magic, and then attack Equestria, where everyone is suddenly paranoid and distrustful due to Cozy Glow and Chrysalis in disguise spreading gossip (seriously!) so that the earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns are huddled away like paranoid weirdoes.
I have seen animes that make more sense than that.
>But yet again, instead of it being the combined might of everyone working together, it's rainbows once again the blast away the villains and depower them
At least that stupidity is consistent with the rest of the series.
>Luster Dawn
fgsfds
>I legitimately blame the fact that because of the movie that we lost what could have been a much more intriguing story, and possibly have something truly epic; we got this BS.
That is just like Season 3 with Equestria Girls, although having less of the slow-motion ten-car pile-up that was Season 3 was probably a good thing.

Thanks for the recap and for giving me one last excuse to be angry about FiM again.

10990876

Cozy is a Pegasus! How could you forget that, when you made this very thoroughly comment you have made?

10990946
It was like 2 in the bloody morning. I fixed it.

10990924
Forgot to mention that season 9 completely ruined Discord's character development as a reformed villain. His whole reason for this plan was seriously to actually have Twilight fight the villains as a "test of faith/confidence", but just coming off like it was just for his amusement. A very scummy thing to do quite frankly, given how he already betrayed everyone in season 4, but this was at least just recently after his initial reformation and did it due to Tirek deceiving him and subsequently backstabbed him and absorbed his magic. I know Discord is arrogant and rather careless in most cases due to his powers, but you'd think being around one the individual who already fooled him would give him some pause.

It sucks because I liked Discord: His obsessive need to prove he's Fluttershy's bestie, fact he became a D&D nerd due to Spike and Big Macintosh, how he actually helped Big Macintosh cement his relationship with Sugar Belle in his own indirect way.

Heck, in the comics one of the best storylines was about Discord and his ex; another arguably more powerful, but far more malicious, chaos entity called Cosmos, whom Discord would eventually allow to be defeated due to her chaos being more about destruction and anarchy instead of Discord's more nonsensist form of chaos.

Or one where he thinks no-one likes him due to his chaotic nature, so he deliberately induced a metamorphosis where he becomes the opposite of himself, called Accord, who is all about order. The problem is that, since he's still a being who can't fully comprehend things like others, his form of order is absolute; linear, strict, uncompromising and still having his powers to which he forces everyone into this absolute form of orderliness, until he's stopped by Starlight Glimmer due to her experience of previously trying to commit something similar.

10991337
The only comics that I remember anything about were the awesome Cook & Price comics and the Nightmarity arc (Rarity pulled the "evil queen" thing off much better than Luna did). At a time when the horse universe was being pulled apart piece by piece so that Hasbro could sell horrible toys (remember Princess Skyla?) and cash in on the popularity of Glee, those early comics tried to fill in some of the enormous gaping plot holes that were being created. I remember Katie Cook continuing to use Unicorn Twilight in her comics after "Magical Mystery Cure," because, according to her, she did not know what exactly Hasbro was going to do with the character. It was important to her that the characters that she wrote be consistent. If only the Hasbro suits cared about that Discord may have been developed coherently. Or Luna for that matter. Good lord, she changed personalities as often as Sweetie Drops changed voices.

Login or register to comment