• ...
11
 68
 1,526

Season 1 Epilogue

Season 1 Epilogue

New Genesis

Far away from the lands of Equestria was the planet of New Genesis, home of the New Gods. Unlike the hellish landscape of Apokolips, New Genesis was a land of light, life and freedom. On a floating city, The Gods of New Genesis went about their existence. Atop one of these grand buildings stood High Father, leader of the Gods of New Genesis, in quiet vigil as the multiverse turned around him. This peace was disturbed by the arrival of his son, Orion. “High Father. I have done as requested. Spider-Man is now in an unknown dimension, far away from the hands of Darkseid.”

“Good work, Orion. Still, I find it odd that the Source deems one lowly mortal worthy of our intervention.” The Source, a fountain of cosmic energy and will, and the only entity the New Gods bowed to, had set in motion the means for Spider-Man's disappearance. Yet Orion was unable to speak of his actions to the heroes of Earth, now believing that their friend had died on Apokolips. “Perhaps he has a bigger part to play. Besides, I wouldn't call him of all people lowly. You know what he is, what he was made to do.”

High Father’s brow furrowed as he remembered events he wished he could forget. “I am well aware. And his people paid the price for their plans. A foolish gambit that produced all of one soldier.” Orion at times forgot how his people felt about mortals, especially the ones that strived to achieve godhood of their own, or to challenge Gods like themselves. But Spider-Man was one of the few mortal beings to impress Orion. “That one soldier has been evolving. He's gotten stronger with every battle he goes through. I've seen it with my own eyes. If he has enough time, he might even surpass a Kryptonian.”

Out of all the mortals, Kryptonians were some of the few that could match the might of a New God. Both High Father and Orion knew it all too well. “Can you be certain of that, Orion?” While time wasn't something the New Gods took much notice of, Orion vividly remembered what had transpired only a few months ago. “He survived against the creature known as Doomsday through sheer force of will. Not everyone can make that claim.” Orion's head hung low as the last words came out, as memories of a fallen friend resurfaced.

High Father’s attention was brought back to The Source as it began to speak to him once again, Orion waiting in silence as his father listened to its words. “It would appear Spider-Man is needed.” Orion was surprised by this sudden decision, especially seeing as he hadn't been completely sure of where he had sent his mortal ally. He knew the dimension was safe, but that was it. “But I've only just sent him away. It could take some time to track him down.”

“Then find him. It seems your assumption was correct - Spider-Man's role in the great story of the Cosmos is about to become much more grand than even we thought.” This time, High Father spoke as a leader, and his word was final, especially if it was deemed by The Source. “What does The Source say?” Inquired Orion, curious as to what was in store.
“Only that he will face his greatest enemy once again. A demon from his past, set to return to haunt his future.” High Father’s words, or that of The Source, always had some degree of vagueness to them.

Orion's mind went back, picking through the faces of the foes Spider-Man had battled. “That doesn't narrow it down. He's made many enemies over the years. Only one that had perished. But it couldn't possibly be him.”As Orion continued to contemplate just who The Source was talking about, High Father casted his attention towards the city, a storm forming on the horizon. “Perhaps they both have a greater role to play. For the will of The Source to play out, the dead must rise again. Now go. Find Spider-Man. Bring him home.”

Author's Note:

And a little something to tease Season 2!

Comments ( 3 )

What a nice ending.

You have a good season.

Login or register to comment