• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 1,732 Views, 304 Comments

The Mysterious Forum - Anon-a-miss - Leo Luce



This is NOT an Anon-a-miss story. A rumor has been going throughout the school about a mysterious forum, and it's up to Sunset and the rest of the girls to solve the mysteries before anyone gets hurt.

  • ...
2
 304
 1,732

Chapter 20 - Mirror Magic (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

The bedroom door swung open as the girl walked through the doorway while throwing her bag onto the ground. She untied her hair before flopping onto the bed, where she released a heavy sigh. She closed her eyes, trying to get some rest as the weight of the day slipped off her tired shoulders.

*meow*

She heard the sound of her cat as it jumped onto the bed and rubbed against her face. Smiling at the cat, the girl reached out and picked the cat up.

"Hey, sweetie," She said, hugging the cat.

*meow*

"Just... tired. It was him again. But I talked with Miss Celestia. She was already going to take action, so..." The girl said to the cat as it rubbed against her neck while purring. The girl smiled at the affection. "Thanks, Blake. You always know just how to cheer me up."


"Oh dang, the journal is nearly finished," Sunset said, distraught, looking at the last page of the journal.

"I mean, you have been writing to the Princess a lot; it was just a matter of time. Chillax Sunshim," Rainbow said before drinking her smoothie.

"Sunshim? That's new," Fluttershy said.

"It's her new movie star name; I just made it up," Rainbow said.

"There's something else that's troubling you. What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"It's just that... it's already been so long, and we are not any closer to solving the forum. And it's been pretty silent recently. I don't like it." Sunset said, not noticing Aiko's sudden flinching.

"Look, look, Twilight's writing you back," Pinkie said before picking up the book and waving it left and right. "Hey, everybody, Sunset's getting an Equestriatext!"

"Give me that!" Sunset said, snatching the book from Pinkie before reading the last page.

"She's asking me to come back. Probably to give me a new book. You guys stay here; it shouldn't take long," Sunset said, putting the book inside her bag and standing up to leave.

"Hey, Sunset, can I come with you?" Aiko asked suddenly, surprising everyone.

"Uh... yeah, why?"

"Just... wanted to fly around a little bit. We still have some time before the premiere."

"Okay... Twilight wanna join?" Sunset asked.

"No, you guys can go ahead. Someone has to keep a look over things here. You never know," Twilight said.

"Okay then. Hey, shy, can I take your car?" Sunset asked to which Fluttershy threw the car keys at her. "Thanks, come on, Aiko," Sunset said as they both left the mall.

They rode back in relative silence, neither saying anything. After Sunset left the urban area, she pulled to the side and parked the car.

"Okay, Aiko, what's going on?" Sunset asked. The girl in question kept her head down as she thought of what to say.

"I... something... something isn't right," She said.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked, concerned.

"I'm... I see these... dreams, but... they don't feel like that. They are like... memories."

"How long has this been happening?"

"Since I went with Twilight to see the flowers in the park."

"That was what, almost a week?" Aiko nodded. "Why didn't you say anything about this before?"

"I didn't really think much of it. But then it kept happening and... I see things... someone. Or I think I do because every time I try to look, who or whatever it was is gone, just me looking at my reflection. So I thought I was just being paranoid with everything happening, but... I'm not so sure anymore."

"Hm... this is... thank you for telling me this. That was really brave of you," Sunset said before taking Aiko's hand. "Don't worry, we'll figure this out. I promise you nothing will happen to you."

"Thanks, Sunset," Aiko said, feeling a lot calmer. "Uh... can we go by my home? I need to give you something," She said.

"Yeah, it's on the way," Sunset said before starting the engine and pulling back to the road. It didn't take long for them to arrive at Aiko's home as they both got out of the car and walked up to the door. Opening the door, they were greeted by the sight of Aiko's mom and Blake playing in the living room. They stopped what they were doing as the two groups looked at one another.

"O-oh, Aiko! You are back!" Her mom said as if nothing happened.

"Yeah, we uh... we'll go up to my room. I need to give something to Sunset." Aiko said as she dragged Sunset upstairs.

"Huh, you weren't kidding when you said they were getting along," Sunset said as they entered Aiko's room.

"Yeah," Aiko said, walking up to her nightstand and picking up a journal. "Here, this is my dream journal. I wrote every single dream I saw in this."

"Aiko?"

"Just... don't look at the old ones. There were some... embarrassing dreams," Aiko said, blushing a little. "Read the ones after last Friday."

"You sure?"

"Please, I want to know what's happening."

"Okay. I'll see what I can find," Sunset said, putting the journal inside her bag. "So shall we?"

"Actually, can I stay here a little bit? We still have time till the evening, and you probably want to catch up with Twilight, so... can you pick me up before going back to the mall?"

"Yeah, I can do that. I'll see you later," Sunset said before she left.


"Woaaaaah- HA!!!" Sunset said as she sailed through the air and did a superhero landing. "Ha! T-" She quickly looked left and right for any interruptions. "Take That! I win portal!" Sunset said as she stood on her hind legs and tried to walk before she lost balance and fell face-first onto the ground. "Why?" She groaned.

"He-he, still no luck?" She heard the sound of Starlight Glimmer. She looked up and saw her offering her a hoof to stand up. She took it and, this time, properly stood back up.

"Thanks," Sunset said.

"Here, Twilight told me to give this to you," She said, giving Sunset the new journal.

"Sweet," Sunset said, picking the journal up in her magic and putting it inside her bag. "So... I guess Twilight isn't here?"

"Yeah. She had to leave for a friendship emergency," Starlight sighed.

"Friendship- hey, now that I think about it, despite being an element, I never got any emergency quests," Sunset said thoughtfully.

"I mean, you have your own problem back home. I think that's an emergency enough for you."

"You have no idea," Sunset said before properly looking at Starlight's face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"What? Of course, I am." Starlight said, surprised.

"No, you aren't. Something's bothering you."

"Well... it's silly."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"Well... it just... it just gets a little lonely here sometimes. Twilight and her friends always go on these crazy adventures, and I'm just stuck here. I mean, how am I supposed to learn anything about friendship if I'm cooped up in this castle?"

"Believe it or not, those adventures aren't what it's cracked up to be, but do you wanna come with me back to the human world? It could be a nice change of pace," Sunset offered.

"Wait, really?" Starlight asked, delighted.

"Yeah. Don't worry about Twilight saying anything. She'd be fine. If not, I'll take care of it."

"Oh wow, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" Starlight shouted happily.

"First, though, I need to meet Princess Luna. I have something to ask her."

"Oh yeah yeah, of course. If we hurry, we'll be able to catch the train," Starlight said, running out of the room. Or she tried to when the door was suddenly slammed shut by Sunset's magic.

"Train? Who needs that when there's an all-powerful Alicorn who can TP us there?" Sunset said.

"TP?" Starlight asked.

"Yup. Now come on," Sunset said, grabbing Starlight and Teleporting out of the library.


"Okay, stop laughing. It's been a long time, okay?" Sunset said to a laughing Starlight Glimmer as they came out of the castle gardens. Sunset got the location wrong, and instead of inside the castle, they were teleported inside the garden right on top of the small pond before they were surrounded by a bunch of guards. After clearing up the situation and asking one of the guards to inform Princess Luna about their arrival, Sunset, and Starlight Glimmer made their way over to the tower where Luna resided.

It didn't take them long to get there, even with Sunset's old memories, and they stood in front of the doors to Luna's bedroom.

"You stay here; I'll be right back," Sunset said, nodding at the guards to let her in. After they opened the door, Sunset made her way in.

"Sunset Shimmer. What do I owe the pleasure of meeting you? I suspect this is not just a friendly meeting?" Princess Luna asked.

"You would be correct. I want to ask you something about dreams," Sunset said, pulling out Aiko's dream journal. "You remember Aiko?" Princess Luna nodded. "She's been having these weird dreams, and she's very concerned about them," Sunset said, turning to the first page of the recurring dreams.

"Here, every day from Saturday. She thinks it's someone's memories." Princess Luna took the journal and read the dreams she was shown.

"You have her consent to reading this, I presume?" Luna asked, looking at Sunset.

"Yes, she gave me the journal. She's really troubled by this," Princess Luna nodded as she read the dreams. She took her time reading the dreams before looking back at Sunset.

"Her assumption of these being memories might be correct," Luna said. "These dreams are very detailed and grounded, and both of which are exceptionally rare. And they speak of someone named Miss Celestia. She's the principal of your school, correct?" Sunset nodded. "That simply means if these are memories of someone, then this happened before she became the principal. And from what she has written here, whatever happened is not something good. Did she say anything else?"

"She said she sometimes can see someone in reflections. But she's not sure because every time, it's always in the corner of her eye. She thinks she's maybe hallucinating thinking about all this," Sunset said concern building up.

"Hm... this is quite troublesome. Dreams are very fascinating. But it also is dangerous as your mind will be in a vulnerable state. For this reason, beings from other dimensions can enter a person's mindscape easily, only second to being in a place that acts as a gateway between the two worlds."

"What are you saying?" Sunset asked, not liking where this was going.

"Someone, or something, is trying to get in contact with her. Their intentions are unknown. But what we do know is that it's something that no longer exists. I advise you to keep a close eye on her and, more importantly, keep her away from the portal?"

"What?"

"If you feel like things are getting more out of hand, inform me. I do not know what I can do in your world, but I will certainly do my best to assist you."


"Haa... it's done," The girl said, closing the book. She looked up at the clock and saw it was getting pretty late. Gathering all the papers, she placed them all inside the file and left them inside a cabinet.

Leaving the room, she made her way out of the school, humming a tune to herself. The hallways were eerily empty as everyone had already left for the day.

She managed to make it to the stairs without any problems when suddenly, she was stopped by someone grabbing her arm.

"Someone sounds happy," The girl froze in place when she heard the voice. She slowly looked up to see the face of her tormentor, looking at her with a creepy smile.

"S-S-Sprint... w-what are y-you doing here...?" The girl asked, shaking.

"You know... what you did wasn't that nice."

"W-what...?"

"Don't act like you don't know. You told lies about me to that annoying Miss Celestia."

"I-I didn't-"

"You didn't what? Do you have any idea what you did to me? I have to stay after school for the next whole month helping that old geezer. For a janitor, that guy is so infuriating I had to sneak out just to talk to you," the boy said, gripping the girl's hand harder.

"A-AH! Let go of me!"

"But don't worry, I'll forgive you." The boy said, not caring about the girl's pain. "Just stop your stupid act and go out with me, and we'll forget this ever happened."

"L-let... go of me," the girl said, trying to pry her hand from the boy.

"Not until you answer my question."

"I SAID. LET G-AHH!" The girl pried harder, freeing herself from the boy, but the sudden loss of contact made her off balance as she fell backward.

"VIOLET!!!" The girl heard the boy shouting as he tried to catch her, But before she could reach out, she was met with searing pain and then simply black.


*GASP* “Ha... ha... ha... ha... ... ha...”

"Aiko! Your friend is here!" Aiko heard her mom shouting from downstairs.

"I... Give me a minute!" She shouted back before quickly wiping down the sweat she had on her face and teleporting to the washroom to quickly clean herself up. She then quickly made her way to the living room.

"I'm going, Mom!" She shouted, running towards Sunset, who was waiting by the door.

"Be safe!" Her mom said.

As they exited the house, Sunset stopped Aiko and took her to the side.

"Aiko, listen. I talked with Princess Luna. She rules over the night and dreams, so I figured she might know what's going on," Sunset said.

"What did she say?"

"She, too, thinks that they can be memories. She thinks that someone or something is trying to contact you," Sunset said. "You know, this whole thing sounds familiar."

"You think that it could be her?" Aiko asked.

"Do you remember what any of the people looked like?"

"Not much. Their faces were blurry, but... it did fit them. Two girls and a boy. And the girl did call the other Red. She could be Scarlet. Also, they were in some kind of club. It cannot be a coincidence."

"Hm... this seems more serious than we thought."

"What are we gonna do now?"

"There's not much we can do, unfortunately. As Princess Luna said, it's hard to tell what they want from you. She told me to keep an eye on and inform her if things get worse and also told me to not take you to the mirror portal no matter what."

"Mirror portal? Why's that?"

"I'm not sure, and she was dead serious. We need to tell the others about this, you know that, right?" Aiko nodded. "And if you have anything to say, no matter how insignificant you think it is, tell us."

"I... I had another dream just now. Before you came."

"You did? What did you see?"

"I... I think she... died..."


The girls came back to the mall and started making their way to meet their friends right after buying a cone of ice cream for Starlight. While she was enjoying that, both Aiko and Sunset were trying to reach the girls on their phones.

"Six phones and none of them are working," Sunset said. "I don't like this,"

"You think the forum started something?" Aiko asked.

"I don't see any posts."

"Is it that bad that they are not working?" Starlight asked.

"Yeah. They don't just stop working, and for all of them to not respond? Something must have happened," Sunset said. "Where could they be?"

"Hey, is that Juniper?" Aiko asked, pointing to the side where Juniper was indeed behind a stall looking at a mirror.

"Who?" Starlight asked.

"Juniper Montage. She was cau- waaiit a minute! Is that Fluttershy's hairpin?!" Sunset said before stomping over to Juniper.

"And she's dead," Aiko said, looking at Juniper. "You wait here; I'll try to stop her before she commits second-degree murder,"

"Okay... never mess with Fluttershy unless you have a death wish. Noted."

Aiko made it to Sunset and Juniper when Sunset used her memory powers on Juniper.

"I know what you want. But please trust me, that mirror is not going to give you that," Sunset said.

"You just want the mirror all to yourself."

"What I want is my friends back. You wished them in; you can get them out," Aiko's eyes widened at what she was hearing.

"I wish... that you join them!" Juniper said, pointing the mirror at them.

Sunset quickly jumped to the side, hoping Aiko would do the same or teleport. Instead, what she saw was a fear-stricken Aiko frozen before she was pulled inside the mirror.

"NOOO!!!" Sunset shouted when Juniper pointed the mirror at Sunset. She quickly ducked around the stall and away from Juniper.

"Buck! Now what?" Sunset asked herself.


"AHHHHHH Ugh-" Aiko screamed before she was caught in a familiar field of magic.

"AIKO!" Twilight shouted. "She got you too?"

"Yeah..." Aiko said, finally standing on solid ground. "But don't worry. Sunset and Starlight are still there. They will do something."

"Starlight is here?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, she... she's here we..." Aiko said, clutching her head.

"Ai? Are you okay?" Twilight asked, concerned.

"Yeah, my... my head kinda hurt... T-Twi can I-" Aiko reached for Twilight before she fell forward.

"AIKO?" Everyone shouted as Twilight caught Aiko and laid her on the ground.

“Aiko!... Aiko talk to me... Aiko... Ai...


...

...

...

She slowly opened her eyes as she regained consciousness. Though it felt like she was sapped out of all her strength as she looked through what she assumed was a slit. She also felt like she was bobbing up and down. Before she could make sense of what was happening, darkness overtook her again.

...

...

...

The next time she opened her eyes was when she heard a noise right next to her. Everything was still dark, and the only light coming from was through that slit. She tried to talk or even move. But all she could do was move her fingers a little. She tried to listen to the noise. It sounded like something metal hitting the dirt.

Before she could comprehend what was happening, she felt her being lifted and then suddenly the feeling of falling. And then, she felt something hit her. Something was falling on her. Before long, she realized what was happening. She tried to scream, move, anything. But all she could manage was slight moans as she kept on looking through the slit at the unmistakable spiky hair that haunted her in school before more dirt covered her vision.


"Uugh... what... happened?" Aiko asked as she woke back up. She was lying on the ground, her head on Twilight's lap.

"Aiko! Are you-" Twilight stopped as Aiko flinched from the sudden noise. "Sorry, are you okay? What happened?"

"I... I don't know... I just..." Aiko knew she saw something. She tried to remember what it was. "I... I saw something,"

"What do you mean?" Applejack asked.

"I saw... her... her... oh no..." Aiko said as she got back up with wide eyes. "She... no, she can't... that's why Luna..."

"Aiko, what's going on?" Rarity asked as everyone was looking at her, confused and concerned.

"W-we are inside a mirror, right? We have to get out of here, fast!"

"We tried all we could. There's no way out," Rainbow said.

"But... but we have to... before she-" *cra- crack!* Aiko was interrupted by the sound of something cracking. Everyone looked around to see what was going on, and they saw that the space they were in suddenly started cracking up and falling apart.

"No! The mirror is breaking; they have to hurry up!" Twilight shouted.

"No, no, no, this is bad. This is- ah..."

"Aiko! What's happening?"

"I... ah... AHH! AHHHHHH!!!" Aiko shouted as she clutched her head with both hands and dropped onto her knees.

"AIKO!!!" the girls shouted before they tried to get her. But the ground cracked around them, separating them from each other.


"Juniper, you have to listen to me! It's not too late to stop this!" Sunset shouted at the now transformed Juniper Montage as she tried to keep her away from her using her fire.

"No! You are just jealous. You took everything from me! Now you want this too! No way!" She shouted before she grabbed a bunch of decorations and food carts and threw them at Starlight, who was holding the mirror.

Starlight tried to get away, but she got cornered as everything that Juniper threw at her fell around her. She looked back and jumped inside the small round stall.


"It's getting worse!" Rarity shouted.

"Applejack, jump over here!" Rainbow shouted. Applejack complied and jumped just in time when the ground she was on collapsed.

"AHHHHHHH! MAKE IT STOP!!!" Aiko shouted in agony as Twilight hugged her tight.

"Just hold on a little longer- AHH!!" Twilight shouted as the ground they were on collapsed before them.

"TWILIGHT/AIKO!!!" The girls shouted before Rarity used her shields to catch them and take them to her.


"Is fame really what you are after? Maybe you are looking for something else?" Starlight said, glancing at the cracking mirror.

"Like What!?" Juniper shouted as she lifted the roof from the stall.

"L-like a... friend?" Starlight asked.

"Who would wanna be my friend?"

"I would."

"But... but why?"

"Because we understand you, Juniper. We also went through our own ups and downs. We did so much worse than you. Getting revenge is not going to help you. You'll just end up regretting everything for the rest of your life," Sunset said, trying to get through to her.

"But... I've made so many mistakes. What I've done is unforgivable."

"Again... you are in no way close to what we did. We will forgive you, but first, you need to set them free."

Juniper seemed to think about what she said before looking back at Starlight and asking for the mirror. Trusting she would do the right thing, Starlight handed her the mirror.

"I... I wish I could make for my mistakes..." Juniper said when the mirror activated again, but this time it spits out the girls huddled up together.

"I'm so sorry," Juniper said, looking down in remorse as her transformation wore off.

"It's okay. We've all been there," Sunset said.

"Really?"

"Turned into a she-demon and tried to kill royalty before using mind control to usurp a Princess."

"Manipulated an entire town into giving up their talents so they wouldn't think they were special and tried to use time travel to take revenge and almost destroyed the timeline."

"Wow..." Juniper said in disbelief.

"Yeah. As I've said, we were wor-"

"Sunset!" Applejack said, gaining her attention. "Something happened to Aiko."

"What!? What happened?" Sunset said as she made her way over to Aiko, who was sitting on the ground unconscious with Twilight hugging her.

"I don't know. She blacked out when she first fell in, and then she woke up before she started saying things about we need to get out and something about someone," Twilight started telling as Sunset checked up on Aiko. "And when the mirror started cracking, she started feeling a lot of pain before she blacked out again."

"Sunset?" Fluttershy asked, concerned.

"There's some kind of dark magic inside her. We need to take her back home. There's something I have to tell you guys. We were about to tell you soon, but well... things happened." Sunset said, getting up and pulling out the new journal and a pen before she started writing.

Twilight

Get Princess Luna quick. It's an emergency.


A pair of blue eyes opened as Aiko got up from her bed. Blake was sleeping on the bed while the bedside clock read 00:35. Aiko walked slowly over to her laptop without making any sound before she woke her laptop, the screen displaying the homepage of the forum.

Author's Note:

So... been a while. Well sorry about that but I need to write these last few chapters right. After the fillers, hope this little addition to the plot was good. So things are getting real. What is happening to Aiko. Well you gotta wait to find out.

Thanks again Moonrise for editing this chapter.
R&R,

Leo, out

Comments ( 8 )

"Hey, Sunset, can I come with you?" Aiko asked suddenly, surprising everyone.

Wow, right off in the beginning there's already a plotwist I did not see coming! :pinkiegasp:

They rode back in relative silence, neither saying anything. After Sunset left the urban area, she pulled to the said and parked the car.

pulled to the said?!?!? :applejackconfused:

"Yeah," Aiko said, walking up to her nightstand and picking up a journal. "Here, this is my dream journal. I wrote every single dream I saw in this."

Huh, and here I thought the only place I'd ever hear that from was the movie Sharkboy & Lavagirl. :applejackunsure:

"Okay, stop laughing. It's been a long time, okay?" Sunset said to a laughing Starlight Glimmer as they came out of the castle gardens. Sunset got the location wrong, and instead of inside the castle, they were teleported inside the garden right on top of the small pond before they were surrounded by a bunch of guards. After clearing up the situation and asking one of the guards to inform Princess Luna about their arrival, Sunset, and Starlight Glimmer made their way over to the tower where Luna resided.

Yikes. :twilightoops:

"Her assumption of these being memories might be correct," Luna said. "These dreams are very detailed and grounded, and both of which are exceptionally rare. And they speak of someone named Miss Celestia. She's the principal of your school, correct?" Sunset nodded. "That simply means if these are memories of someone, then this happened before she became the principal. And from what she has written here, whatever happened is not something good. Did she say anything else?"

https://m.

"Someone, or something, is trying to get in contact with her. Their intentions are unknown. But what we do know is that it's something that no longer exists. I advise you to keep a close eye on her and, more importantly, keep her away from the portal?"

That is definitely a sign of trouble! :applecry:

"Someone sounds happy," The girl froze in place when she heard the voice. He slowly looked up to see the face of her tormentor, looking at her with a creepy smile.

She slowly*

"But don't worry, I'll forgive you." The boy said, not caring about the girl's pain. "Just stop your stupid act and go out with me, and we'll forget this ever happened."

Now there's something no girl would agree to do under those circumstances. :ajbemused:

Sunset quickly jumped to the side, hoping Aiko would do the same or teleport. Instead, what she saw was a fear-stricken Aiko frozen before she was pulled inside the mirror.

Oh crap! :raritydespair:

"Yeah, my... my head kinda hurt... T-Twi can I-" Aiko reached for Twilight before she fell forward.

Here we go again! :fluttershysad:

"I... ah... AHH! AHHHHHH!!!" Aiko shouted as she clutched her head with both hands and dropped onto her knees.

Ok, now a bit confused as to how the mirror ties into the current situation Aiko is in? :unsuresweetie:

"There's some kind of dark magic inside her. We need to take her back home. There's something I have to tell you guys. We were about to tell you soon, but well... things happened." Sunset said, getting up and pulling out the new journal and a pen before she started writing.

Princess Luna isn't gonna like this. :fluttercry:

A pair of blue eyes opened as Aiko got up from her bed. Blake was sleeping on the bed while the bedside clock read 00:35. Aiko walked slowly over to her laptop without making any sound before she woke her laptop, the screen displaying the homepage of the forum.

Is she dreaming? :rainbowderp:

11597494

There is a connection to the mirror. I'll explain it later in the next chapter because spoliers. Also, she wasn' tdreaming at the end.

And thanks for pointing out the errors

she is being possed or she is the reincarnation of the girl who died

Ahhh what's happening?!!

Caught up again. Looking forward to reading more. Hope all is well. :twilightsmile:

11644115
yeah yeah it's a little hard to write the next one. plus all the other work I have to do. It is coming, just gonna take a while. Glad you are still with me

11644200
Plan on being here for the long haul. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment