• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 1,708 Views, 304 Comments

The Mysterious Forum - Anon-a-miss - Leo Luce



This is NOT an Anon-a-miss story. A rumor has been going throughout the school about a mysterious forum, and it's up to Sunset and the rest of the girls to solve the mysteries before anyone gets hurt.

  • ...
2
 304
 1,708

Chapter 07 - Aiko the Pegasus (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

"AAAhhhhhh!!! Ach!" Sunset screamed as she sailed through the air and landed on a set of mattresses.

"Woahhh!!! Oof!"

"Yamate-!!!"

Two more sounds of impacts followed Sunset before Sunset screamed again as two ponies fell on her. The two ponies started to thrash around before Sunset's head poked out of the flailing mass of ponies on top of her as she gasped, "HUHH! Get off! Can't breath!"

"Sorry!" "Gomen!" What followed was thumping and crashing as the two masses on top of Sunset tried to get off Sunset simultaneously.

"urgh… at least there were some mattresses this time," Sunset said as she stood up on her back hooves before losing her balance and falling back on the mattresses. "Ahh!... right, I'm a pony now."

"Hehe… glad you could, drop by," Princess Twilight said as she smiled smugly at her joke before she cleared her throat at Sunset's unimpressed face. "Anyways, it's great to have you. You know, with the forum and all that going on in the human world," Twilight said, helping Sunset to stand up.

"Yeah. Fortunately-"

"Ahhh! Watashi wa ponii (I'm a pony)!" Aiko shouted, looking at herself. She was turned into a Pegasus, and she had a treble clef inside a camera lens as her cutie mark. Snowdrop giggled beside her.

"You'll get used to it," Snowdrop said.

"You are a Pegasus," Sunset said, adjusting her saddlebag, before walking over to readjust Aiko's saddlebag.

"oh… Sugoi (wow)," Aiko said, flexing her wings.

"Well, Aiko, it's nice to meet you. I'm Princess Twilight," Twilight said, walking up to Aiko, who looked up, and her eyes widened. She tried to talk, but only her mouth moved like a fish.

"I think we lost her," Ari said as she perched on Snowdrop. Ari had flown in moments after Snowdrop and Aiko were crushing Sunset.

"Uh… Aiko?" Sunset asked. Aiko suddenly snapped out of it as she quickly shook her head and looked at Sunset and back to Twilight with a slight blush.

"O-oh yeah, I'm Aiko, oai dekite kouei desu (delighted to meet you)," Aiko said, bowing deep with her head nearly touch the ground if not for her standing.

"Oh, it's all right. No need to bow, though… oai deck it kou desou? What does that mean?"

"Oai dekite kouei desu, Twilight-hime. It means delighted to meet you, Hime-sama," Aiko said.

"Ah. I see. But my name is Twilight. Not Twilight-hime or hime-sama."

"Actually, she said Princess Twilight. In Japanese, they use honorifics with names," Sunset said.

"Oh, no need for that. Just call me Twilight. We are friends."

"O-oh… hai (okay)," Aiko said, bowing.

"Also, your language is fascinating. I hope to know more about it. But unfortunately, duty calls. So we'll have to have to talk about grammatical differences, syntaxes, and phonemes later," Twilight said. "I'll go with Sunset to look at the preparations for her coronation. You can go meet my friends. Or your friend's counterparts. They are very different despite being nearly the same people."

They then heard the library door opening, and Spike came inside.

"Twilight, I sent the letter. Need me to come with you?" Spike asked.

"No, but could you take Aiko and Snowdrop to Rarity? She said she needed to meet them to prepare their dresses. Then you can show her around. It will take a while before me and Sunset are free."

"No problem Twilight," Spike said as the two princesses left. Spike turned to the other two to see that Snowdrop and Ari were teaching Aiko how to walk.

"Hi, I'm Spike. Nice to meet you," Spike said, introducing himself to Aiko. Aiko looked at him, and her eyes widened.

"Anatawa totemo kawaii (You are so cute)!!!" Aiko said, getting close to Spike.

"Huh- what?" Spike said taking a step back, confused.

"o-oh, sorry, you are so cute."

"O-oh… I, uh haha-" Spike said, rubbing her neck. "SO! Are you ready? I'll take you to Rarity," Spike said.

"Oh hai (yes)," Aiko said, nodding.

So after a bit of stumbling, Aiko slowly got the hang of walking on four legs, and it wasn't long before they arrived at Rarity's boutique.

"Whoa, Rarity owns her own Boutique?" Aiko asked.

"Yep. She's the greatest fashion designer of all time," Spike said, pulling the door and allowing the two to enter. "Rarity you here?"

"Wait for a second, darling," They heard Rarity calling from the back. "Oh, Snowdrop, you are here," Rarity said before noticing Aiko. "And you must be Aiko."

"I am. Nice to meet you," Aiko said, bowing.

"Oh my, a true lady," Rarity said. "Sweetie Belle! Can you help me a bit," She called out to her sister. "Come on, I'll take your measurements first, Snowdrop."

As Snowdrop followed Rarity, Sweetie Bellie came down the stairs.

"Hey sis, what do you need?"

"Can you take Aiko and Snowdrop's photos for references?" Rarity asked.

"Sure."

"Aiko," Aiko nodded before following Sweetie. Sweetie took her to a side of the boutique.

"Wait here, I'll be right back," Sweetie said before running back to her room to bring her camera. Once she was back, she began to take some photos.

"Arigato Sweetie Bellie-chan," Aiko thanked.

"Oh uh… yeah, so… you are from the human world, right? What's it like? Rarity told me a little about it when Princess Twilight told the others, but I have so many questions, and I really haven't meet Snowdrop yet."

"Oh… um… it's a lot like this, but with more technology and humans instead of ponies," Aiko said.

"More technology? Like what?"

"Like... uh wait," Aiko said before running back to her saddlebag and fumbling with it to get it open. "Um… how… how do you use things with hooves?"

"Need help?" Sweetie asked.

"Yeah… I can't use my hooves," Aiko said as she scratched the back of her head.

Sweetie smiled before using her magic to open up the bag.

"There."

"Arigato," Aiko nodded. Aiko then began digging inside the bag for her phone. Once finding it, Aiko used both her hooves to take it out and placed it on the floor. "This is a phone. We use it to talk with people from any distance, take photos, even play games," Aiko said, trying to press the lock key. "Um… can you use your… magic to pull this out?" She asked, pointing at the pen. Sweetie helped her as Aiko took the pen in her mouth.

"Right… let me shu you some pictshersh," Aiko said while trying to open the gallery. Once she opened it up, she showed it to Sweetie.

"Wow… these are my sister and her friend's counterparts?" Aiko nodded. "And is that me? And the rest of CMCs?" Sweetie asked when Aiko showed her a photo with the human CMC and a girl with greyish pink hair and yellow skin.

"Yes, they are. According to Sunset, almost everyone in this world has a counterpart in my world," Aiko said.

"Oh, what are you looking at?" Rarity asked as she came to them with Snowdrop.

"Oh, some photos from the human world. Sweetie-chan asked me to tell her about the human world,"

"Oh my, so these are humans." Rarity said. "So Lyra was right. That being said, you should really avoid her."

"Lyra?"

"Yes. She's obsessed with humans for some reason. Green coat, turquoise mane with a lyre cutie mark."

"Oh, I think I've seen her counterpart. Also, cutie mark, is that what this is?" Aiko asked, pointing at her flank.

"Why yes. A cutie mark represents a pony's special talent. Some are self-explanatory, but some are a little complicated. For example, my cutie mark shows my ability to detect gems. I wonder what yours say."

Aiko looked at her cutie mark, "Well… I do photography, and I can play music. Maybe that's it?"

"Hmm, Perhaps, to get that as a cutie mark, you must be pretty talented."

"I don't know," Aiko said, rubbing her neck.

"Oh, don't be so modest. Now, let's take your measurements," Rarity said as she guided Aiko to take her measurements.

Once Rarity took all the measurements and wrote down little details that Rarity asked Aiko would like to add, Spike took Aiko to show around the town. Snowdrop and Ari stayed at the boutique to hang out with Sweetie Belie.

"Sugoi (wow)… it's one thing to hear that the weather is controlled here, but to actually see it." Aiko said, looking at a Pegasus moving a cloud. "I wonder what it feels like to fly."

"Then why don't you fly? You are a Pegasus," She heard a familiar voice say.

"Rainbow?" She said, looking up at the mare that was floating on a cloud near the ground.

"What? How do you know me? I mean, I am an awesome pony, so I guess it's not too strange that you would know me."

"I see you are still boasting. Just like our Rainbow."

"Our Rainbow? Wait, are you from the human world?"

"hai (yeah), I'm Aiko Whiskers," Aiko said, bowing. "I came with Sunset and Snowdrop to meet with Rarity to get my dress made up for the ceremony."

"Oh really?" Rainbow said. "Then why didn't the rest of them came?"

"They said they wanted it to be a surprise."

"I see. So… you said you like to fly, huh? Why don't I give you a little lesson?" Rainbow asked.

"For real?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Arigatou gozaimasu," Aiko said, bowing.

"Hey, Aiko, if you don't mind me asking, why do you always bow when you talk?" Spike asked. "And you called Sweetie, Sweetie… chan? And you said something really weird to me too."

"Oh… I'm half Japanese, actually. It's an island country in the human world. It has four large islands considered the mainland, but it comprises six-thousand eight-hundred and fifty-two smaller islands throughout the pacific ocean. However, many aren't inhabited. The language I was speaking was Japanese, and I sometimes slip into Japanese when I'm excited. You are so cute as a dragon," Aiko said, rubbing her neck.

"O-oh… I-I… yeah," Spike said, blushing.

"And about that calling Sweetie, Sweetie-chan, we use honorifics before or after names to show respect, formality, or friendship. And we bow when we talk with people, like when we first meet them, thanking them, apologizing, or when saying goodbye. The deeper you bow, the more respect you are showing to them."

"Oh wow… that's a lot," Rainbow said.

"Well… Japanese is a complicated language, and we have a lot of rules in what to do in certain situations."

"Well enough of that, let's get you flying," Rainbow said, jumping down the cloud. "So this is your first time as a pony, right? So did you test your wings yet? Try to flex them a little and flap them like this," Rainbow said, demonstrating.

"Okay…" Aiko said, looking at her wings and trying to imitate Rainbow.

"Hm… not bad for someone who was not even a Pegasus just a while ago. Right, do you feel the pull?"

"Um… I do feel like I'm about to float."

"Great, you are getting the hang of it. Try to flap just like that and get off the ground."

"Hai (yes)," Aiko flapped her wings, and slowly, she was lifted off the ground, and she managed to hover over the ground.

"hehe… Yatta yo (I did it), ton deru zo (I'm flying)!" Aiko said in joy.

"There you go, keep it up and try to go higher. I'll be with you, so I'll catch you if something happens," Rainbow said.

And just like that, Aiko had her first flying lessons. She was giggling in happiness as she flew around, still a little slow, but according to Rainbow, she was a lot better for someone that newer had wings before. After Aiko got exhausted, Aiko and Rainbow landed back on the ground.

"Whoa…" Aiko said as she regained her balance when landing.

"So, how was your first time flying?"

"Sore wa subarashikatta (that was great)!" Aiko said, still in her happy mode.

"I have no idea what you mean, but it sounded like you had a great time," Rainbow said.

"It is! Arigatou gozaimasu Rainbow-Chan," Aiko said, bowing.

"No problem, Aiko," Rainbow said.

"Oh, where are we?" Aiko asked, looking around. They were in some sort of Apple orchard. "Wait, is this Applejack's farm?"

"It is come on, let's go say hi," As they started to walk, Aiko suddenly remembered something.

"Wait, where's Spike?"

"Spike? Oh! I think we left him back at the town."

"What? We have to go back to him."

"Hey, don't worry. He'll be fine. We'll have to go through the farm anyway since you can't fly anymore."

"Y-you sure? He is so little."

"Spike? Huh, don't let his size fool you. The guy can melt giant glaziers with his breath in seconds."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Not to mention he is a hero in the Crystal Empire. He even has his own statue there."

"What?!?"

"You heard me."

After a while, they heard voices coming from the distance.

"See, I told you I saw Rainbow with another Pegasus coming over here," They heard the voice of Applejack. They turned their heads to see Applejack with Fluttershy close behind her.

"Hey AJ," Rainbow said.

"What are you two doing here? Are you?" Applejack asked with a quirked eyebrow. The two mares blushed at what she implied.

"What? No. This is Aiko. She came with Sunset from the human world. I was just giving her a little flight lesson. She picked it up real quick."

"Oh well. I'm Applejack, and this is Fluttershy," Applejack introduced.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Aiko Whiskers."

"So, how do you find Ponyville so far?"

"It was amazing! There are so many things to see. All the magic, weather-controlling, FLYING."

"Well, sugar cube, I'm glad you liked it. Also, You have a really interesting name. Never heard one like that," Applejack said.

"Well, it's a Japanese name. It generally means little loved one. But if you replace the last syllable with a different syllable that sounds the same, it means hollyhock flower. A flower used for medicines and symbolize ambition."

"Wow, a really unique name, I'd say," Applejack said.

"Arigatou," Aiko said.

"So what do you say? Wanna come hang out for a while?" Applejack asked.

"Um… Well… what if Sunset is back by now?"

"Where'd she go? Did she mention Canterlot?" Rainbow asked.

"I think so. Said she has to prepare for the coronation."

"Well, then you'll have time. Not to mention I'm pretty sure she is catching up with Twilight even if she did come for the coronation preparations."

"Um… okay then."


It has been a few more hours since Aiko hanging out at the farm. The sun was almost setting when she finally came back to the castle with Rainbow.

"Well, Aiko, here we are. I gotta go back for duty soon, see you later."

"Hai, Rainbow-chan. And thanks."

"No problem Aiko, see ya," Aiko waved at the retreating form of Rainbow before entering the castle.

"Ah, Aiko, you're here," Spike said as she entered the castle.

"Um… Spike, hontou ni Gomen nasai (I'm really sorry)," Aiko said, bowing. "I really shouldn't have left you there. I was just so excited that-"

"It's okay, Aiko, it's as you said. You were really excited. You just got to fly for the first time in your life. I forgive you."

"Oh… Arigatou gozaimasu Spike-kun."

"I think that means thanks, right? You are welcome. Come on, Sunset and Snowdrop are already here."

"Oh… did I kept them waiting?"

"Oh no, they just got a while ago. Sunset and Twilight didn't have time to catch up, so that's what they are doing now. They are relaxing in the map room," Spike said as he entered the map room where Sunset, Twilight, Snowdrop, and Ari were talking. Or, in Snowdrop and Ari's case, helping themselves with a big piece of cake and cookies.

"I'm really jealous of you, Sunset. You don't have to worry about all these princess duties."

"Hey, I gave up all the luxuries since I don't live here. Plus, I still go to school back home and work as a waitress," Sunset said before she noticed Aiko. "Oh, Aiko, did you enjoy the day?"

"Yeah. I met the others. And Rainbow taught me how to fly today," Aiko said, smiling in happiness.

"Really? How did it go?"

"Well… It went pretty well, and we… flew over to Applejack'sand left Spike…." Aiko said, slowly sinking into the seat.

"Hehe, Spike told us."

"And as I said, it's okay, Aiko. You were really excited."

"Thanks, Spike-Kun," Aiko said.

They spent a little more time while at the castle, sharing how their day went before they decided to go back to the human world.

Author's Note:

Phew, it's been a while, isn't it. It took a little while for me to finish this and both me and Moonrise were busy the past few days. Moonrise sent me the edited chapter yesterday but I and my sister were busy moving to our new rooms so I wasn't able to update yesterday. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter. This time from Aiko's perspective. And I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it.