• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 1,736 Views, 304 Comments

The Mysterious Forum - Anon-a-miss - Leo Luce



This is NOT an Anon-a-miss story. A rumor has been going throughout the school about a mysterious forum, and it's up to Sunset and the rest of the girls to solve the mysteries before anyone gets hurt.

  • ...
2
 304
 1,736

Chapter 15 - Familiar (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

Aiko made her way towards the entrance of the CHS, looking around nervously. Her anxiety is killing her, but fortunately, no one seems to be paying her any mind. Good, it means he's not lying. Speaking of, Aiko looked down at the person causing her all the anxiety. The black cat from yesterday walked along with her through the hallway. She remembered how that very morning, the cat showed up on her bed and talked to her.

*flashback*
"Are you okay?"

Aiko looked up at the sudden voice and saw the cat from yesterday poking his head up adorably to look at her. It took a few minutes for her to realize that the cat just talked and scrambled onto her feet, screaming before backing away.

"Y-y-you t-talk?!" She screamed.

Before anything was going to happen, she heard someone knocking on her door.

"Aiko? Daijōbu desu ka? Himei ga kikoeta! (Are you okay? I heard screaming!)" Aiko's mom called out.

"I-I'm fine, don't worry!" Aiko said, not wanting anyone to see the cat.

“Aiko? Hontōdesu ka? Watashi wa kite imasu (Are you sure? I’m coming in).”

"No, no, NO!" Aiko shouted, running towards the door, but her mom was faster. Aiko stopped in her track as she looked at her mom like a deer in headlights. Aiko's mom looked around the room before looking back at Aiko.

"Aiko? What's going on?"

Confused, Aiko looked at the bed and saw the cat looking at the two.

"Uh... nothing just... uh..." Aiko walked closer to the cat, but her mom didn't even glance at the black fur ball on her bed. "I... saw a nightmare, yeah... nothing big, don't worry," Aiko said, forcing a smile. Her mom looked at her, eyes narrowing.

"If you say so. It's getting late, get ready for school," She said before leaving. Once the door was closed, Aiko quickly looked at the cat, almost giving her whiplash.

“Dōshite kidzukanakatta no?! (How did she not see you)?!" Aiko shouted in a whisper. The cat looked at her, confused.

"what?"

"I- I mean- how did she not see you?"

"Oh, I can go invisible for some people. You looked like you don't want her to see me," The cat said plainly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Y-you, okay, why are you here? And how can you talk?"

"I don't know how I can talk, but I want to be with you."

"M-me? But what about your friend?"

"She's not there, and I already looked there and everywhere else," The cat said, looking sad.

"She- but why do you want to be with me?"

"Because you feel like her. And I want to protect you."

"P-protect? I feel like- what?"

"I don't want anyone else to disappear like she did. And you remind me of her. So I want to protect you. I will not fail again."

"Okay, this... this is too much. Listen, I gotta get ready for school, and I need to talk to my friends about this. Can you please hide from everyone until then?"

"Okay," The cat said. Aiko, content with the answer, turned around to exit her room. "Also... sorry I scared you yesterday. I didn't want to harm you, and I just got excited."

"It's- it's okay, you saved me."

"So... when are we leaving?"

"No! No, no, no, no, you are not coming with me to the school. We are not permitted to take pets to school."

"But- but what if something happens to you?"

"Nothing will happen to me, okay?"

"Pleeeeaaaas?" The cat said, pulling kitty eyes on Aiko. "I'm not even a real pet, and you can think of me as a guardian angel. So pweaasse?"

"N-no... y-you can't," Aiko tried to say, but she couldn't resist looking at the cat's eyes. "Come on, Aiko. You are better than this," "I... oh fine, you win. But you have to stay invisible."

*flashback*

"That's one problem solved," Aiko thought. She made her way to her locker and opened it up to place her books in it and take the ones she needed. She glanced down at the cat and saw he was looking around curiously and getting tense whenever someone came near.

"So... do you have a name?" Aiko asked when nobody was near.

"Blake," the cat said. "What's your name?"

"It's Aiko. Aiko Whiskers."

"Who are you talking to?" Aiko snapped her head in alarm when she heard Rainbow talking to her.

"N-no one!" Aiko said quickly. Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "No one just, talking to myself,"

"Is that so? Also, you didn't come for practice today."

"Sorry, I was late. Listen, meet us at the club room on lunch break. I have something to tell you guys. Call the others too," Aiko said, looking at the clock. "I have to go. See you in maths," Aiko said before running off to her first class.

"Huh, what's up with her?" Rainbow asked herself.

Aiko made it to her first class just as the bell rang. She quickly made it to her seat and got ready for the lesson while Blake made himself comfortable up a shelf. Maybe so he can watch over the whole class. Despite trying to focus on the lessons, Aiko's mind constantly went toward the cat up on the shelf. So far, nothing has happened. Blake, too, being a cat, decided to leave the shelf and walk around the class. And to Aiko's horror, he decided to inspect all the students. Fortunately, they all phased through him, and nobody seemed to notice him. That is until history. Being a boring subject, nobody wanted to join the class as soon as possible, and the teacher didn't seem to mind them being late either. However, this didn't apply to two students. That being Aiko and, of course, Twilight. When Aiko arrived at the class, Twilight was already there, haven beat their teacher to the class yet. When Twilight saw Aiko, she called out to her.

"Aiko, what happened. You were la- IS THAT THE GHOST!" Twilight shouted. Aiko, surprised by Twilight's shouting, quickly looked at the cat.

"Blake!? I thought you were still invisible!"

"I am. Just not to her. You two are friends, right?" The cat asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"He can talk!"

"Shhh, Twi, not so loud. And yes, he can talk. I don't know what's going on, and all I know is that he was in my room this morning and said he wants to protect me."

"Protect-"

"I don't know. Also, please don't let anyone see you, okay Blake?"

"Okay."

"Twi, we'll talk about this at lunch. For now, let's not attract any attention."

That was easier said than done, as Blake decided to use that time to take a little nap. Only this time on Aiko's lap. Aiko tried to ignore him and focus on the class, but it was way harder to resist the urge to pet him, and Twilight's awing didn't help either. After what felt like an eternity, the class finally ended, and the lunch break started. Aiko and Twilight quickly made their way to the club room Blake following behind. As the two entered, they saw that everyone else was already there and looked at Aiko expectedly.

"Aiko? What's going on?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah, um... do you remember the cat from yesterday?" Everyone nodded. "Well... he didn't actually leave."

"What!?" Everyone minus Twilight shouted.

"The cat didn't leave. Where is he now?" Sunset asked. Aiko looked at the cat on the table standing in front of Rainbow with a glare.

"Um... well... here actually."

"Here? Where is he? Is he hiding? Are we playing hide and seek?" Pinkie asked, searching through the whole room, looking for the cat.

"Blake, you can show yourself."

"Blake? Is that- woah!!!" Rainbow shouted in surprise when the cat suddenly appeared in front of her and almost fell back.

"You chased me!"

"He can talk!" Everyone shouted.

"You can understand him?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, we can," Rarity said, looking at the cat still glaring at Rainbow.

"But didn't you take him to the cemetery?" Rainbow asked, trying to pet the cat only to pull back when he hissed at her.

"We did. But he said his friend wasn't there." Aiko said.

"Oh, you poor thing. Don't worry. We'll help you find your friend." Fluttershy said to Blake, who was now seeking attention from her.

"So, what did you say about him wanting to protect you?" Twilight asked.

"Oh yeah. He also doesn't want to leave me."

"Why is that?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know."

"Why don't we ask Blake?" Sunset suggested.

"Huh, Blake. Isn't that a girl's name?" Rainbow asked, only to gulp in fear when she saw the death glaring the cat leveled at her.

"It's not Rainbow; Blake is gender-neutral," Twilight said.

"Okay, Blake," Sunset said, gaining the cat's attention. "Why do you want to protect Aiko?"

"Because she's like my friend, and she reminds me of her. And I don't want anyone to disappear like my friend. Ever."

"Awww, aren't you the sweetest," Pinkie said, picking up the cat From Fluttershy and locking him in a death hug. He then jumped off of Pinkie as soon as he let go of him, ran back to Aiko, and climbed onto her back while his tail wrapped around her.

"She's crazy," He said.

"Am I~?" Pinkie said, waving a tuna from who knows where before throwing the fish at Blake, who caught it effortlessly.

"Pinkie! Where did you get that!?" Rarity shouted.

"Okay, we are getting off track," Sunset said. "Blake, don't let anyone see you. And Aiko, maybe you'll have to tell your parents about him. We'll figure out what to do about this. Twilight, try to find his friend from your brother, and I'll ask Chrys. Everyone stay vigilant. I don't think Blake will harm anyone, but I feel something's about to happen."

"Yes, sir," Rainbow saluted.

"Great. I made obaasan promise not to tell my parents about my falling off the bridge. They are going to kill me," Aiko said.

"Want us to come with you?" Sunset asked.

"No, no. I got this. I don't want any of you to die in my place," Aiko said, making up scenarios in her head while the rest of her friends looked at her in concern.


"KONO IMI HA NANI (WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS)!!? " Aiko's mom shouted while looking at her daughter. "Anata mo (You too)?" She said, looking at her mother.

"Everything turned out fine," Grandma said as she waved her hand dismissively.

"FINE!?! Aiko almost-"

"Sh sh calm down, honey. Shouting isn't going to fix anything," Aiko's dad said, trying to calm down his wife. Aiko's mom took a few breaths to calm herself.

"Daijoubu da, daijoubu da (I'm fine, I'm fine)," Aiko's mom said, calming down. "And what about this cat?"

"Y-Yeah, mom, dad, meet Blake," Aiko said, lifting up the cat.

"And he's a ghost?" Aiko's dad asked.

"Y-yeah, he is."

"A ghost cat? No. Just no." Aiko's mom said.

"But mom."

"No. What if he harms you? He already tried."

"No, he didn't. It was an accident."

"He did save her," Aiko's dad pointed out, only to get glared at by his wife.

"I mean, look at him. Can you say no to him?" Aiko said, lifting the cat up for her mom to see. Her mom to see a perfect rendition of puss in boots kitty eyes.

"I... I... ugh fine," She said, finally giving up.

"Look at the bright side. At least now your daughter has a guardian spirit looking after her," Grandma said for the first time.

"You are also grounded," Aiko's mom said before leaving.

"Yeah, I had that coming."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. Didn't have a lot of things to write in this one. So... Aiko now has a guardian spirit. Does he have a hidden agenda? Or just looking after Aiko in memory of his friend? We'll see in the future.