• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 1,723 Views, 304 Comments

The Mysterious Forum - Anon-a-miss - Leo Luce



This is NOT an Anon-a-miss story. A rumor has been going throughout the school about a mysterious forum, and it's up to Sunset and the rest of the girls to solve the mysteries before anyone gets hurt.

  • ...
2
 304
 1,723

Chapter 14 - The Blue Eyed Beast (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

The day after the camp, Principal Celestia decided to give the girls a break from school, excusing them from all classes. This extra time allowed the girls to slowly get a handle on their powers which was needed as they kept accidentally using them, but they were improving little by little. Today, the girls decided to spend their time at Sunset's workplace. Since it was not a workday for Sunset, she was able to join them at a table. Snowdrop also joined them as she had nothing else to do.

"So, Sunset, when will we look into the forum again?" Twilight asked, looking at Sunset with Snowdrop clinging to her arm. The girls noticed that Sunset and Snowdrop usually hold onto each other, unlike the crusaders and their sisters.

"Well, we'll have to unblock it later today. Chrysi said that the forum is getting harder and harder to contain. It's almost like it's resisting being blocked." Sunset said.

"That's bad," Fluttershy said from beside Sunset.

"Don't worry; we can take care of it. Especially with all these powers we got."

"Yeah, this is like a real-life anime. If only we had a katana that could cut through anything. That'd be so awesome!" Rainbow yelled out.

"Don't be ridiculous, Rainbow. There isn't a sword like that," Twilight said as she typed away on her laptop.

"Oh yeah? What do you know about Japanese katanas? They are made from the strongest of metals forged over the years by master wordsmiths."

"Actually, Rainbow-chan, traditional Japanese swords are pretty weak compared to a European long sword. You can, of course, fold the blade to make it stronger. However, with more folding and layers, the greater the risk of internal cracks resulting in a complete failure of the blade structurally speaking, causing the blade to shatter or bend. While it's true that katanas are wonderful cutting blades, the long sword was by far more versatile," Aiko said matter-of-factly.

"What! What do you mean?"

"Japan didn't have a lot of iron deposits. It was very scarce. So we had to use a special mixed metal which is strong enough to take some blows but is still weaker. As a matter of fact, in the Sengoku era, people didn't use swords on the battlefield often. They mostly used Yaris. The most common weapon during the Japanese warring states was the bows. The katanas and other swords were usually used as a last resort, and typically only samurai, mostly on horseback using bows, would wield the katana again as a last-ditch effort to survive. Some did survive, but most were killed."

"Wait, so it was all a lie?"

"Uh... yeah. Unless if it's some kind of magical sword or a sci-fi sword like the HF Blade, yeah."

"Oh, man. Hey Sunset-"

"No, Rainbow, we don't have a sword that can cut through anything like butter. Even if there is, I'm not going to give you a sword like that," Sunset said.

"Speaking of, Aiko, you have some muscle there, don't you?" Rarity said, looking at Aiko's arms, making her blush.

"Wait, really?" Rainbow asked, looking at Aiko's arms making the girl blush even harder.

"Yeah, we didn't notice before since you wear long-sleeved clothes for school. Do you work out?" Applejack asked.

"A-actually, I kind of practice HEMA."

"Wait, really? Wait, why don't you practice Iaido?" Rainbow asked.

"What's that?" Pinkie asked.

"Well... it's a traditional Japanese sword drawing practice, which I do actually... kind of. You see... my dad practiced HEMA before he went to Japan for college. There, he learned Iaido. He then made his own technique using both practices and taught me that."

"Wow, that's so awesome," Rainbow said.

"Looks like you found yourself a samurai, didn't you, Twi?" Rarity said to Twilight, making the two girls blush.

"Oh, oh, I just realized we have two couples, and both of them have a swordswoman. Oh-oh, a samurai and a knight," Pinkie said.

"Musketeer would be a better term," Sunset said.

As the girls laughed and talked for a while, enjoying their meal, they failed to notice someone entering the restaurant. Fortunately, Snowdrop was able to notice them thanks to her acute hearing when they talked.

"Grandma?" She said while the girls stopped what they were doing and looked at Snowdrop.

"What?" Sunset asked.

"It's grandma," Snowdrop said, pointing at the counter. Sure enough, she and Sunset's Grandma were at the counter ordering food.

"I-It is. Come on, let's go say hi," Sunset said, encouraging Snowdrop. The two slowly made their way towards their Grandma and suddenly hugged her, startling her.

"Ah... oh, Sunset? Snowdrop?" Solar Wind asked, surprised.

"Hey grandma," Snowdrop said, smiling at her.

"What are you doing here?" Sunset asked.

"Oh... we were going to surprise you two. Well, I guess it's out the window now, huh? We're going to stay a couple of days with you all down here."

"Really!?!" Sunset and Snowdrop asked in unison. "Well, we wouldn't have noticed you if it weren't for Snowdrop. You can never hide anything from her ears."

"Hehe. Are you here with your friends?" Solar Wind asked, looking at the group of girls with Pinkie waving her hand frantically with a giant grin.

"Yea, here I'll introduce them to you," Sunset said.

"Excuse me, here's your order," They heard the cashier call them. "Is Sunset your granddaughter?" She asked.

"Why yes, she is. Why do you ask?" Solar Wind asked.

"We give a discount for family members of the staff," She said.

"Wait, really?" Sunset asked.

"Don't you know that? We already did that for you and Snowdrop."

"Oh, I had no idea."

"It was in the fine print. Did you not read it?" She asked Sunset, who blushed slightly at being caught, "Well, now you do," The cashier said, taking the money from Solar Wind. Once she got the food, they made their way over to the table where Sunset's friends were sitting.

"Hey guys, this is our grandma Solar Wind," Sunset said as they got to the table.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm Applejack." Applejack said, tipping her hat.

"Rarity. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Hii!! It's so nice to meet our Sunny's Grandma. I'm Pinkie Pie, and if you have any party emergencies, just call me," Pinkie said as she began to explain party ideas.

"My... aren't you full of energy," Solar Wind said.

"Hi, I'm Rainbow, the coolest girl you'll ever meet," Rainbow interrupted Pinkie's party-filled rant, pointing at herself.

"And the most boastful," Applejack said.

"Hey!"

"Twilight Sparkle, ma'am," Twilight said.

"Twilight? Do you know Cadence?" Solar Wind asked.

"Yes, actually. She and my brother are engaged."

"Oh, she told me about you. Said you were a bookworm always thinking about studying."

"I-I'm not... not anymore at least," Twilight said, blushing.

"You still are, actually. Just a bit healthier now," Sunset said.

"And you are?" Solar Wind asked, looking at Aiko.

"I'm Aiko Whiskers, Hajimemashite (Nice to meet you)," Aiko said, standing up and bowing.

"Oh, you are Japanese. Well, it's great to meet you." Solar Wind said before looking at Fluttershy. "And you must be this Fluttershy girl I heard so much about."

"Oh... um... y-yes... I'm F-Fluttershy," She said, not quite hiding in her hair, but she was definitely playing with it in nervousness.

"Oh ho. You weren't kidding when you said she's shy," Solar Wind said. "Come now. I'm really glad Sunset met such a fine young girl like you."

"Um... t-thanks," Fluttershy said as she hid behind her hair in embarrassment despite the small smile gracing her face at being accepted by Sunset's family.

"Hehe. Anyways, you girls enjoy your day. I better get going, or Moony will get moody because I left him in the car." With that, Solar Wind left the girls to meet up with Crescent Moon.

"I like her," Pinkie said when Solar Wind left.

"Yeah. She and our granny might actually get along pretty well." Applejack said.

"She's the best," Snowdrop said.

"Yeah. And they are going to stay at home for a few days this is the best day ever! I just hope-" Whatever Sunset was about to say got interrupted as Fluttershy covered her mouth and shook her head left and right.

"What?" Sunset asked.

"I know what you are about to say, and please don't say it."

"What? Why wouldn't I- oh yeah. Great save their Fluttershy."

"What? What was she gonna say?" Twilight asked, confused. Before anyone could explain, Pinkie beat them into it.

"She was about to say I hope nothing would happen and get jinxed, and then something will definitely happen." Pinkie said.

"Pinkie!!!" Everyone, minus Twilight and Snowdrop, shouted.

"What?...

...
...

"Oh... oops."


After Pinkie pretty much jinxed their afternoon, the girls decided to head home. They agreed to be vigilant for the day in case the forum decided to do something. Once Sunset and Snowdrop got back home, they saw their Grandma and grandpa looking at a bunch of photos in the living room with Celestia, Luna, and Ari.

"Oh, there you are. You two look really cute as ponies," Crescent Moon said, looking up at the two girls while Ari flew onto Snowdrop's shoulder and nuzzled into her. They were looking at the coronation photos they got.

"So you are a princess now, huh?" Solar Wind said. "Does this mean you are going to go back?"

"What? No, of course not. I might actually have to go there on special occasions. Other than that, this is my home. I never wanted this anyway. At least not for this," Sunset said. "Anyways, how long are you two going to stay here?"

"About a week," Crescent Moon said.

"Great! We have a lot to tell you two."

"Speaking of, Chrysi called me and said the forum is left active," Luna said.

"Oh yes, that. Can I take your computer? I need to get that folder opened up soon."

"Yeah, go ahead. I have nothing to play today anyways."

"Great, I'll be right back," Sunset said before running off to the Moon Lair.

"What's that about?" Solar Wind asked.

"Huh... it's another magic incident," Celestia said, sighing. "She knows what she is doing, but it's really hard to watch her and the girls risk their lives to save others like this."

"You never said anything about this," Crescent Moon asked with a serious tone.

"Well... we didn't want to worry you," Luna said. "At least they have a bunch of new powers now," They then heard Sunset running up from the basement and right onto the couch beside her Grandma while Snowdrop sat next to her grandpa.

"What were you talking about?" She asked.

"About your new problem," Crescent Moon said, dropping Sunset's smile.

"Oh... well... someone gotta do something."

"But why you? You know this is dangerous, right? What if something happens to you?" grandpa asked.

"Because I have to. Normally I would say because I brought magic here, but it was always here. Someone else beat me to it, and comparing it to Equestria, one could say that there is no magic here, but now that I've spent more time here, I can definitely feel the magic, however scarce it is. And I'm the only one who can stop this because I have the knowledge and experience. My friends and I have the power to stop this. If we didn't do it, then it's going to cause a lot more problems."

"Ha... very well. I'm still against this, but maybe you are right. What is this new problem anyways?"

"Well... it's pretty weird, to be honest. Somehow, an old-school forum started making ghost stories real. So now whenever someone posts some kind of rumor, it makes it real, so we have to stop it."

"It even resists being blocked somehow if what Chrysi said was true," Luna said.

"We do have a bunch of new powers now, so it isn't going to be that bad now," Sunset said.

"New powers?" Solar Wind asked.

"Yeah, you see this?" Sunset asked, pointing at the necklace she was wearing. "It's a magical geode we found at the camp. All 8 of us have one, and they gave us new powers. Mine, for instance, gave me the ability to read peoples' memories when I touch them."

"Are you reading my memories now?" Solar Wind asked jokingly.

"What, of course not! I would never do that."

"Hehe. I'm joking, so what do the other girls have?" Solar Wind asked as Sunset pulled out her phone and opened up a picture of the girls.

"Applejack has super strength. Rainbow Dash, just like her name, has super speed. Twi has an advanced version of telekinesis, while Aiko has an advanced version of teleportation. Rarity can make shields, and Pinkie can make sprinkles explosive... which is pretty dangerous now that I think about it. And finally, my little Fluttershy can talk with animals." Sunset finished.

"Didn't she always able to do that?" Snowdrop asked.

"No, well... she did understand them, but not as much as now. She couldn't hold a conversation with an animal unless it was someone like Ari, but now she talks with them like they speak English or something. Or so she said."

"And here I thought we would have a normal family," Crescent Moon said before hugging Snowdrop, who was beside him. Before Crescent Moon's eyes twinkled with mischief. "Not that I'm complaining. Life is too short to be normal. It's far more exciting to be, hmm, shall we say magical."

"How can you complain when it makes you able to turn into an all-powerful bird with ice powers?" Ari said.

"She has powers too?" Solar Wind asked.

"Only when she goes to Equestria where she's apparently a snow phoenix," Sunset said.

"For now~..." Ari said, sending a chill down Sunset's spine. Looking at Luna, she saw she wasn't the only one.


"Aiko, would you come down here, please!" Aiko's mom shouted from the basement. She was looking through a bunch of boxes for something when all of a sudden, there was a bright flash of light.

"Ahh!!! Bikkuri (Oh my God)!!!" She shouted as she saw Aiko appear beside her from the light. "Dame yo (Don't do that)!"

"Gomen nasai (sorry)," Aiko apologized.

"It's okay. Do you remember where the shogi board is?"

"Oh, it's up there. Here let me get that for you," Aiko said, pointing towards a shelf before jumping onto a wooden box near the shelf.

"Careful," Aiko's mom said in concern.

"Don't worry, I got it," Aiko said, pulling the shogi board. "Here,"

"Thank you. Be careful next time, okay?"

"Okay," Aiko said as she passed the board game to her mom.

"So... how are things with you and Twilight?" She asked while they were walking up the stairs.

"Mama... it's only been one day," Aiko said, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry for being worried. I just don't want you to be hurt. It's your mama's job to worry and maybe be slightly curious how things are going."

"I know, mama. But don't worry. We are taking it slow, and it's pretty new for both of us."

"Hm. So... anything happened with your uh... paranormal club?"

"No, and it's not a paranormal club. It's the school newspaper club."

"You know what I meant, Aiko," her mom says sternly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad or worry more. No, it's been quiet lately."

"Good. Remember, you need to keep us in the loop, okay?"

"I know, and I will. Sunset predicts things will pick up soon, what with the block being lifted or, as she put it, 'resisted'," Aiko said before she ran up the stairs to her room.

Once she entered her room, she picked up her switch and resumed playing her game. While playing the game for a while, she heard the notification sound of her phone. Grumbling softly, she paused her game again and picked up her phone. It was a massage from their group chat.

Sunset: Have any of you seen the post?

"Post? There's a new one? Speak of the devil, huh?" Aiko asked herself as she pulled down the notification bar and saw that, in fact, there was a new post. "Great," Aiko said, loading up the forum to look at the new post. However, as she saw the username, her blood froze.

"Oh no, not you," Aiko said before quickly reading the new rumor.

-Anon-a-miss -

Hi. This rumor is actually a sad one. There once was a cat that was owned by a girl that lived in Canterlot. She loved the cat so much. In fact, they were inseparable. They often looked out for each other. But one day, the girl got killed. The cat, not knowing what had happened, waited for his friend to return. Even when the family eventually left the town, the cat stayed behind, believing the girl would return. Eventually, the cat died of heartbreak. It is said, you can see the cat roaming around the town, looking for his dear friend.

"Phew, it's nothing dangerous, at least," Aiko said before going back to the chat.

Pinkie: ohhh, I'm so saaad!!!😥😰😭🍨

Rainbow: So what, now we go looking for the ghost cat?

Rarity: I'm terribly sorry, darling, my parents won't let me leave the house now it's late, and they are very strict about curfew.

Fluttershy: I can join you if there are any adults with us.

Give me a sec!

Aiko sent before running downstairs. There she found her mom preparing food while dad and Grandma are playing shogi. From the looks of it, her dad is losing. She made her way toward them.

"Um... dad? Can I go to Sunset's real quick?" She asked nervously.

"Sunset? What is it now?" Her dad asked.

"Well... it's the forum again."

"Forum? But it's almost dark outside?" Aiko's mom said.

"It's not a dangerous one, actually. We just need to find a cat," Aiko said, handing her dad her phone to look at the new post.

"A cat?" Grandma asked.

"A ghost... cat?"

"A ghost? I don't know..."

"What if I go with her?" Grandma asked, interrupting Aiko's dad.

"Mom?" Aiko's mom asked.

"You would?" Aiko asked.

"Mmhm. It doesn't look like your dad's going to make his move anytime soon. So why not give him some time to think. He's going to lose anyway," Before she leaned in as to stage whisper to Aiko. "He is very predictable, using all the moves from that book I got him."

"I-I'm not! I-I just need some time to strategies."

"Exactly," Grandma said, standing up. "Get dressed; I'll go with you."

Silently celebrating, Aiko typed in a new message.

Sunset: Who else needs a ride?

Twihana: I'm good. I'll meet you at the park.

My Grandma also wants to join us. Also, maybe give us a ride too?

Sunset: Great I'll pick you up in 10

Aiko quickly ran up to her room and began getting ready to catch a cat. Once done, she went back downstairs and met with her Grandma.

"Junbi dekita (Are you ready)?" Her Grandma asked.

"Yes, Sunset said she'll pick us up," Aiko said as her Grandma nodded.

The two waited for Sunset in the living room. Aiko saw her dad still hadn't made his move. He's gonna lose like always, and he couldn't even cheat because Grandma knew exactly where the pieces were. Aiko also wondered if the Anon-a-miss person might be wrong. For some reason, that name made her uncomfortable, but the latest rumor wasn't like their first one.

They didn't have to wait for long before Aiko received a massage from Sunset and a short 'quiet' honk sounded from outside.

"She's here. Let's go," She said before leaving the house with her Grandma.

"Be careful, you two!" Aiko's mom shouted.

They walked towards the road before a black Chevrolet parked near them. The back seat window was pulled down as they saw it was Sunset.

"Hey, Aiko, ready to hunt the dead?" Sunset asked in an attempt at humor despite the fact that they were hunting a ghost. A cat ghost but still a ghost with unknown abilities. Aiko nodded before making her way to get in the back seat with Sunset with Fluttershy sitting in the middle. Aiko's Grandma took the front seat.

"Good evening," Crescent Moon said to Aiko's Grandma.

"Good evening. I'm Akari Nozomi, hajimemashite (nice to meet you)."

"Hm, I'm Crescent Moon. And you must be Aiko," he asked, looking back at Aiko.

"Hai."

"Hm-hm. So, where to next, the park?" Crescent Moon asked Sunset.

"Yeah. The girls that can make it should be there by now," Sunset said.

"So, Sunset, what's the plan?" Aiko asked.

"Well... the cat doesn't seem like he's out to harm people. So, I think maybe we can split up and search around. Applejack and Rarity couldn't make it. So there are 9 of us."

"Nine?"

"Twilight said her brother also came along with her," Fluttershy said.

"Oh... that's great," Aiko said, hoping it didn't sound as strained to the others as it did her.

"Yeah. We can split up in three and search around. As soon as someone finds the cat, we call the others and meet to help capture or put the cat at peace," Sunset said, noticing the sudden tense air around Aiko but deciding not to call attention to it. It clearly made Aiko uncomfortable, and that was the last thing she wanted to do to her friend.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the park. Everyone else was already there and waiting for them. Crescent Moon parked the car near them and got off with everyone else.

"At last, you guys took forever," Rainbow said as they joined the group.

"We are here, Rainbow. That's what is important. Okay, so here's the plan. We are going to split up in three and search around for the cat. Since he isn't out to cause trouble and is just looking for someone, it shouldn't be too hard. As soon as you find him call the rest of the girls, and we'll meet up," Sunset said.

"Okay. I guess I'll go with Pinkie. You four are going to go together anyway," Rainbow said.

"Okie Dokie," Pinkie said, bouncing towards Rainbow.

"Fine by me. So me and Fluttershy, Twilight and Aiko. What about you three?" Sunset asked the three adults.

"I'll go with Twilight," Shining Armor said. "U-unless you want to join them, ma'am,"

"Haha, is that fear from a young man I hear? Gather your courage. It's your duty as her brother. Go ahead, I'll go with these two," Aiko's Grandma said, walking up to Rainbow and Pinkie.

"Then I guess I'll go with you two," Crescent Moon said to his granddaughter and Fluttershy.

"But what are we gonna do after finding the cat?" Twilight asked.

"I was thinking maybe lead him to the cemetery? Hopefully, if we take him to the girl's tomb, it will put the cat to rest," Sunset said.

"That might work," Twilight said.

"Good. If you don't find anything, return here and wait for the others."


As the search party planned, they all split into groups and searched around the town. Rainbow, Pinkie, and Aiko's Grandma took the eastern part of the city near Crystal Prep. Currently, they were walking along the sidewalk, looking through all the alleyways and rooftops, or in Pinkie's case, somehow appearing in random locations looking for the cat.

"So... you okay with walking all night, ma'am?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh ho, I'm fine. I may be old, but I still got some pep in my step," She said.

"Cool, by the way... uh... don't get this the wrong way, are you... okay with Twi and Aiko?”

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I-I mean... isn't it illegal in Japan?"

"Unfortunately. But we are slowly changing. People need to understand this is no longer the old times. Things change. If we don't change with it, the world is going to leave us behind."

"Yeah."

"So, does Aiko really have a sword?" Pinkie asked from out of nowhere, startling Rainbow to the point that she fell over in a rain puddle, but somehow not Grandma.

"Oh, she told you then. Yes, she does. Custom made just like her father's."

"Great, Pinkie, now I'm all wet."

"Sorry, Rainy."

"Ugh! Anyway, going back to Aiko's sword, that's so cool that she has her own custom-made sword," Rainbow said.

"She's really great at the arts too. Another reason why young Armor is worried about nothing. Young Twilight is in good company," Grandma said. They walked for a bit longer, talking about things and looking out for the cat. They already passed Crystal Prep, and still no sign of the ghost cat.

"Ugh, this is boring. I thought chasing a ghost would be fun," Rainbow said.

"Don't be sad, Rainbow. Who knows, maybe the cat will jump out of nowhere," Pinkie said when all of a sudden, just like she said, a cat jumped in front of them onto the sidewalk. "Oh, see?"

Rainbow and Grandma stopped in their tracks and looked at the cat in disbelief. The cat was all black except for its front paws and chest, where they were white. What stood out the most were its eyes which were glowing blue in the dark. It quickly darted away as soon as it saw the three.

"T-that must be him, call Sunset," Rainbow said before chasing after the cat. Pinkie quickly pulled out her phone and dialed Sunset.
Rainbow panted as she chased the cat through the alleyways. Rainbow was forced into using all her athletic prowess in order to keep up with the cat as it ducked and weaved through trash-filled alleys. That was when she saw the cat on the other side of a chain-link fence. Grunting in annoyance, she used her magic to speed herself up to jump over the fence. The cat proceeded to turn around and run.

"Get back here. I can take you to that girl!" Rainbow shouted in an effort to stop the cat. But the cat was not stopping, nor was he slowing down. "You asked for it. There is one thing you don't have, cat, and that's super speed," Rainbow said to the cat with a smirk before picking up her speed. But just when she was about to catch the cat, it made a hard turn to an ally way, making Rainbow run past him.

"Ugh, why you," Rainbow said before quickly running back to the ally way, but the cat was nowhere to be found. "Great," Rainbow walked inside, looking around for the ghost. "Heeey kitty, kitty," No answer. "Ugh, I wish Flutter was here," Rainbow said lamely.

*crash*

"What the!" Rainbow said, looking at the sound. There, just near a fallen bucket, was the cat. "Gotcha!" Rainbow shouted and jumped at the cat. But just when she brushed the cat's fur, it faded away in blue light. "Huh?" is all Rainbow could say before she was slammed into the wall headfirst.

"Uhg... that hurt."

"DASHIE!!!" Pinkie shouted, running at her with Aiko's Grandma soon behind. "What happened? Where's the cat?"

"It... it disappeared," Rainbow said, rubbing her head.

"It disappeared?" They heard Sunset's voice from Pinkie's phone.

"Yeah. It might even not be here anymore," Rainbow said.

"Great. Get back to the park. We'll keep looking."

With that, the call ended.

"Well... I guess let's head back to the park now," Rainbow asked.

"Yeah," Pinkie said. Rainbow looked at Grandma to see she was staring at the ground.

"Um... you okay, ma'am?" Rainbow asked.

"Hm? Yeah, of course. It's just that cat..."

"What about it?" Pinkie asked.

"Nandemo nai (never mind), let's go."


"So the cat just vanished?" Fluttershy asked as Sunset placed her phone back in her pocket.

"Yeah."

"I mean, it is a ghost," Crescent Moon said.

"But if we can't catch him, then how are we supposed to take him to the cemetery?" Fluttershy asked.

"Aren't you good with Animals? You can talk to them, right? Maybe you can talk with him?"

"Maybe," Fluttershy said before looking at Sunset, who was silent the whole time. "Sunset? Everything okay?"

"What? Yeah, it's just... I've been thinking. This Anon-a-miss person, there's something about them that doesn't feel right," Sunset said.

"What do you mean?" Crescent Moon asked.

"It's just when I look at the name, I feel... sad. And there's definitely magic involved with that name."

"That's not good," Fluttershy said, scared.

"Hm... let's see where this goes."


"So you lived most of your life in America?"

"Y-yeah, I did," Aiko answered Shining's question.

"I see."

"Shining, that's enough," Twilight said to her brother firmly. "Stop interrogating Aiko."

"What? Can't I get to know my sister's girlfriend?" Shining asked with a playful smirk.

"You have been asking questions since we left the group."

"I-It's okay, Twilight," Aiko said.

"No, it's not."

"Fine, fine, I wouldn't ask any more questions," Shining said.

...
...
...

"So we are looking for a ghost cat?"

"That's a question!"

"Not about your girlfriend!"

...

"No, seriously, a ghost? Really?"

"Your sister can turn into a Pegasus when she sings. How is this any weird?"

"Good point."

While the two siblings started bantering, Aiko decided to give them some space and look for the cat.

"I wonder what she looks like. Would make this whole thing a lot easier."
*ping*

Aiko was pulled out from her thoughts when she heard her phone's notification tone. Pulling the phone out, she saw it was a message from Pinkie.

"Still scary."

Pinkie: He was a black cat with white paws and chest and glowing blue eyes
Pinkie: Also, he can vanish

Aiko looked back up at the two siblings, still bantering.

"Um... g-guys?" no response. "G-guy?... HEY!!!" Aiko shouted as the two stopped and looked at her.

"S-sorry, Pinkie just told me how the cat looks," Aiko said, giving Twilight her phone.

"Hm... a black cat. It's going to be so hard finding him. And it can vanish, why not," Twilight said, grumbling about how none of this made scientific sense as the matter didn't just simply disappear.

"It's a ghost genius. What do you expect?" Shining said.

"I know that!" Twilight said, giving the phone back to Aiko.

"Well, his eyes are glowing. It shouldn't be that hard," Aiko said.

With newfound knowledge, the three went back to look for the cat.

"Maybe there's a way to lure him? Do you know the girl's name?" Shining asked.

"No, we don't," Twilight said.

"What if we-"

"No, shouting all the missing girls' names wouldn't work. People will think we are crazy."

"Maybe we can ask them?" Aiko said, interrupting the two.

"Who?" Twilight asked.

"Them," Aiko said, pointing at two women walking away from them. They could faintly hear what they were talking about.

"I'm telling you that cat's eyes were glowing. It was so creepy."

Twilight and Shining looked at each other before darting after the two women.

"Wait, excuse me, miss!" Twilight shouted as the two women stopped.

"What do you want?" one of the women said.

"You were talking about a... cat?" Shining asked.

"Yeah? What about it?" the other woman said.

"Can you please describe it again?" The two women looked at each other before one of them started talking.

"Well... maybe I'm seeing things, but I could have sworn I saw a cat with glowing blue eyes. All black."

"Yes! That's him! Where did you see him!" Twilight shouted.

"On the bridge."

"On the bridge, thanks again. Come on," Shining said before they ran back to Aiko. The two women looked at each other before shrugging and started walking back.

"So?" Aiko asked.

"To the bridge. If we hurry, we might be able to catch him," Twilight said.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go," Aiko said, running towards the bridge. The siblings soon followed behind.

It didn't take long for the three to arrive at the bridge. But for Twilight, it felt like a long time.

"Huh- huh- there it is... huh-" Twilight said while breathing hard.

"See, this is what happens when you lock yourself up in the basement for days," Shinning said.

"I'm not like that. Not anymore, at least."

"Good. Then also take a page from your girlfriend and start working out.

"Shh!" Aiko shushed the two siblings.

"What is it?" Twilight asked. Aiko simply pointed ahead.

There, on the railing of the bridge, was a cat as black as the night. It was looking up at the sky. And just like the three were expecting, its eyes were glowing blue.

"What do we do?" Twilight asked.

"Try talking to it? I know he is a cat, but maybe it will listen?" Aiko said.

"Well, we can't catch it, so might as well try," Shining said.

"Okay then, let's go slowly. We don't need to scare him," The siblings nodded.

The three then started walking towards the cat slowly, keeping their noise to a minimum. For a moment, it seemed to work as the three made their way ever so closer to the cat. But as fate would have it, their plan was about to fail thanks to an object on the sidewalk.

*crack*

The noise traveled through the night louder than ever as the cat suddenly turned his head toward the three. Twilight looked down at the object that cost their position.

"Why is there a stick in the middle of the sidewalk?" She asked, annoyed.

"He's getting away!" Shining shouted as the cat turned its tail and leaped off the railing onto the bridge.

"No, wait!" Aiko shouted as she disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared in front of the cat. "Wait, we can help you!" Aiko said, blocking the cat's path, fearing it would run away. However, the cat just stayed there, looking at Aiko with wide eyes. The three stopped where they were and looked at the cat, waiting for any response.

"Why isn't he running?" Shining whispered to Twilight.

"I don't know," Twilight said. After what felt like an eternity, Aiko decided to speak up.

"Uh... so... would you come with us? We can take you to the cemetery and-" Aiko was interrupted when the cat suddenly jumped at her.

"AAhhh!" Aiko shouted as the cat clung to the girl's shirt. Aiko, in her panic, walked backward and tripped on her own foot and tumbled back and over the railing.

*MEEOOOWWW!*

"AIKO!!!!" The siblings shouted as Aiko fell off the bridge. But Aiko, in her panic, didn't hear them.

“AAAHHHHH!!!” Aiko shouted as she fell closer and closer to the horrifying impact. She tried to calm herself so she could teleport back, but it was easier said than done. Especially with her glasses having been pulled off her face when she falls. Making everything fuzzy, but she could still see her impending doom crawling closer and closer to her as the seconds seemed to stretch into minutes. She hoped that Twilight would be quick enough to be able to catch her before she herself became a rumor.

"AHHH- ugh-" Aiko felt something grabbing her. But it wasn't the magic of Twilight that grabbed her; rather, it was like a rope wrapped around her.

She was then slowly lifted upwards as she grabbed the rope hard. Or she thought she grabbed a rope before she felt the fur on it.

"What the?" Aiko said before she saw that it was actually not a rope but the tail of the cat, extended and wrapping around her. Also, he was lifting her like she weighed nothing. The cat lifted Aiko over the railing and onto the bridge before letting go of her.

*meooow*

The cat cried, running at Aiko.

"Did the cat just save Aiko?" Shining asked in disbelief.

"I guess he did," Twilight said.

"Um... t-thank you?" Aiko said to the cat. The cat, in response, rubbed over her legs. "I guess we'll take you to the cemetery then?"

"Yeah, probably. I'll call Sunset," Twilight said, pulling out her phone and calling Sunset. She picked up after the second ring.

"Hello? Did you catch the cat?" Sunset's voice came from the phone.

"Yeah, actually," Twilight said.

"Really? That's great. Where are you now? We'll get to you as soon as we can."

"We are at the bridge."

"Great, just hold on."

"No, wait, we can take him to the cemetery," Aiko said.

"What?"

"What?"

"It will take some time for you to get here. And the cat is actually pretty calm. It's pretty close to the cemetery, and it would be better if we took him there as soon as possible." Aiko said as she held the cat in her arms.

"If you are sure. Meet us at the park, be safe."

"Okay," Twilight said before ending the call.

"How can you hold him? Isn't he a ghost?" Shining asked, looking at the cat in Aiko's arms.

"I don't know. I just can," Aiko said. Twilight came closer to her and touched the cat's head.

"Wow, it's like he's actually there. And he's really soft," Twilight cooed.

It didn't take long for them to take the cat to the cemetery. Once they got there, Aiko placed the cat on the ground. The cat looked around in confusion and looked back at Aiko.

"There. Your friends will be here. Go find her," Aiko said. The cat looked at the cemetery before looking back at Aiko and meowed.

"Why? Don't you wanna find your friend?"

"Yeah, go on. Use your ghost sense or whatever," Shining said.

"That's rude," Twilight said, hitting her brother.

"What?"

Aiko kept looking at the cat while the cat contemplated whether he should go or not. After a while, he started slowly walking towards the cemetery.

"That's it, go," Shining said, encouraging the cat. The cat, in turn, ran into the cemetery before he disappeared from sight.

"Well, I guess that's over then," Twilight said, placing a hand on Aiko's shoulder. Aiko flinched from the sudden contact before looking at Twilight.

"Yeah, I guess so."


After meeting everyone back at the park, they explained what happened at the bridge. How Aiko fell off the bridge. How the cat saved her and them parting ways at the cemetery. Sunset said she'll post a reply to the post later, and everyone went back to their homes for the day. The next morning came sooner as Aiko woke up from her sleep as heard her alarm clock going off.

*beep-beep* *beep-beep* *click*

Aiko stopped the alarm before picking up her glass from her nightstand. Placing them over her eyes, she looked around her room. But what she saw on her bed made her scream.

"AAghh-" Aiko screamed before she slipped out from the edge and fell down to the floor. "Ugh... great. Now I'm seeing things."

"Are you okay?" The sudden voice caused her to look up at her bed and saw the cat from yesterday poking its head up adorably to look at Aiko.

Author's Note:

So the cat followed Aiko. So they didn't solve the rumor? What is he going to do now? Well, you'll have to wait till the next chapter to find out.