• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 1,732 Views, 304 Comments

The Mysterious Forum - Anon-a-miss - Leo Luce



This is NOT an Anon-a-miss story. A rumor has been going throughout the school about a mysterious forum, and it's up to Sunset and the rest of the girls to solve the mysteries before anyone gets hurt.

  • ...
2
 304
 1,732

Chapter 19 - Movie Magic (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

The bell rang as the last class of the day let out. All the students gathered all their supplies and prepared to leave.

"Make sure to read through pages 53 to 57. The next part is very important," Miss Celestia said, knowing full well that half the class wouldn't even look at the book. Something they'd come to regret in the coming test.

While all the students hurriedly left the classroom, one girl stayed behind, waiting for them to go. As the final student left the room, it was only then that she began to make her way out and over to her friends. Or that was her plan until a boy stopped her. He was a little taller than her and was wearing a CHS letterman jacket.

"Hey, nice meeting you here," The boy said as the girl visibly flinched.

"H-hey... I-I gotta go. I have some-"

"Off to meet your stupid friends?"

"T-they are not-"

"Oh shut up, why don't we hang out a little bit, hm? You know, I just got first place in-"

"Mr. Sprint, can I talk to you for a second?" They heard Miss Celestia's voice as she ordered the boy to accompany her. Using the chance, the girl quickly fled from the boy.


"Woah, they still broadcast our song? We are famous!" Rainbow said, looking at a TV screen as she and the girls, except Fluttershy and Pinkie, walked back out of the mall.

"It is quite wonderful," Rarity said.

"Anyways, is this all? Did we miss anything?" Applejack asked, gesturing at all the stuff they were holding.

"Yeah, I think so. Now it's just a matter of fixing up the bus," Sunset said.

"It is on the verge of falling apart, but I guess having one is great. It's a good thing Ai's dad agreed to help us," Twilight said, looking at Aiko only to frown. "Uh, Ai? Aiko? Hey," She said, waving a hand in front of her face.

"U-uh- Yeah?" Aiko asked, startled as she adjusted her glasses.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh- yeah, of course. Why?"

"You look troubled. Did something happen?" Sunset asked.

"What, no, no, it's just... I was thinking about something, don't worry." Aiko said, brushing it off.

"Aiko?" Sunset asked a little sternly.

"No, seriously, don't worry about it. It's just something I saw," Aiko said as Sunset narrowed her eyes at her.

"Hm... if you are sure."

The girls made their way to the car lot, walked up to the Apple family's truck, and placed everything on the trunk before Sunset, Aiko, and Rainbow jumped onto the back while Rarity and Twilight climbed inside the cab with Applejack taking the wheels. Before long, they arrived at Sweet Apple Acres and parked the truck in the garage, where they found Aiko's dad with Pinkie and Fluttershy looking at what appeared to be a pile of metal in the shape of a bus.

"Should we look at the engine?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm half expecting it to explode," Aiko's dad said.

"Good Mornin', Mr. Whiskers," Applejack greeted as she and the rest of the girls entered. "What do you think of it? Ain't she a beauty?"

"I'm thinking a lot, but that is not one of them," He said before the side mirror suddenly fell off.

"He he... yeah..." Applejack laughed awkwardly.

"Okay, then. No point in waiting any further. Let's get this over with," Aiko's dad said as he cracked his knuckles.

The rest of the day was spent trying to fix up the bus to a working condition. And by some miracle, they managed to fix everything and even finish decorating. It did take them some time, as seen by the moon starting to rise from the horizon. It also helped that they had at least six people working on fixing the truck while the others decorated both inside and outside.

"Hgh... ghaa..." Aiko's dad stretched as he stood back and walked back, looking at the work they had managed to do. "And it's done. Not bad."

"I still can't believe we managed to fix this so soon. According to my calculations, it should have at least taken a couple more days," Twilight said.

"Huh, don't underestimate the awesomeness that is the Rainbooms," Rainbow said, gloating.

"Mm-hm..." Aiko's dad grunted, raising an eyebrow at Rainbow.

"I- I mean, we had an even more awesome mechanic to help us out, he he," Aiko's dad shook his head with a slight smile.

"Anyways, I guess I'll take my leave. And Aiko, I need a full report on how the bus functions before you decide to take it out to that studio."

"Got it, dad," Aiko said.

"Oh no, you are not leaving like that," They heard the voice of Granny Smith as she stopped Aiko's dad from leaving. "Rest up for a bit and wait for dinner. You did a lot for them girls today."

"Oh, it's okay, ma'am. It doesn't-" He stopped when he saw the look Granny was giving her. "I- I'll call Harumi," He said before pulling out his phone and calling his wife while the girls all snickered.

"Okay, everyone, go and take a shower. I'll call when the dinner is ready," Granny said before leaving back to the house.


"I asked our coach and hall monitors, and all I was able to... hey, you okay?" The boy asked the girl in front of him.

"W-what?" The girl asked, startled.

"He asked are you okay? You seemed out of it." Another girl that was beside them asked.

"I-I'm fine, don't worry, Red."

"No, you aren't. Is he troubling you again?"

"N-no...?"

The boy sighed.

"Listen, you gotta tell someone about this," Red said.

"No, it's okay, really. He's not-"

"What about Miss Celestia? She's pretty cool," The boy said.

"What? I don't wanna bother-"

"It's not. It's the teacher's duty to look after the students. So you gotta tell her what's been happening."

"He's right. If you aren't gonna do it, then I'm gonna go and tell her myself," Red said.

"Okay, fine, I'll talk to her," The girl said.

"Good," The boy said before looking at the time. "It's getting late; let's wrap it up for now."


The morning came, and after thoroughly testing the bus for any faults, Aiko reported back to her father, getting the all-clear. They all got ready and drove off to the studio where the new Daring Do movie was being filmed. The film's director was friends with Gloriosa and Timber's parents, and after hearing about the girls' contribution to the camp, he decided to invite the girls to witness the filming.

Everything was going so well at the beginning. But then Rainbow started interrupting the filming pointing out its inaccuracies with the books. When it seemed like the director was regretting his decision to invite the girls, he called for a break. After everyone left, the girls decided to look around the studio and split up to go their own separate ways. Aiko, of course, tagged along with Twilight. They made their way to a different set of marketplace where they saw the props of relics that appear in the books placed inside a display case. Rainbow and Twilight dashed over to the relics while Aiko and Blake tagged behind.

"Wow! These are the three Altoriosa Relics!" Rainbow said as she and Twilight looked at the relics, eyes wide open.

"The Staff!" Twilight said.

"The Sword!" Rainbow said.

"Don't forget the Arrow of Altoriosa," A third voice said.

They turned to look at a girl with pale yellow skin and turquoise green hair in two ponytails.

"You are from Canterlot High, right?" She asked. The three girls nodded. "I'm Juniper Montage, Canter, the director's niece. What do you think?"

"They are Awesome!" Rainbow shouted before she enthusiastically began talking about the props and the movie while Aiko and Blake looked on from the sideline.

"I knew they were fans, but this is a whole 'nother level," Aiko said to Blake.

"Yeah. Aren't you a fan of the books?" Blake asked.

"I am, but I have only read two books so far. I'm pretty much spoiling myself he-" Aiko stopped when she saw something from the corner of her eyes. She turned her head and saw the reflection of her and Blake through a glass off to the side from the set where the cameras usually are.

"Aiko? What are you looking at?" Blake asked.

"Nothing, I thought I saw something," She said.

"Aiko!" Twilight shouted. "Come on! Juniper said she's going to show us the set for Caballeron's secret lair!"

"Yeah, let's go," Aiko said before joining the girls.


After the break, they started filming again; even now, Rainbow had trouble not interrupting the filming. So she decided to slip out of the set and go look at the Relics again. Everything after was seemingly going well when the volcano on the set suddenly collapsed with no explanation at all. As if that wasn't enough, Rainbow ran back with Juniper shouting the relics were also missing. Now the girls gathered around the display case where the relics were before. This caused the director to panic as he went on about the movie getting canceled due to the missing relics and sudden setbacks.

"There was trouble with one of the costumes when we first arrived. The volcano that was fine yesterday just collapsed. And now the relics, one of the most important props, are gone. I don't think these are just coincidences," Twilight said as she glared at the relics' display.

"You're right. I know a plot when I see one. Someone wants to stop the movie from being produced, and they are desperate," Sunset said.

"But who would want to do that?" Spike asked while being hugged by Fluttershy.

"Oh dear, you don't think?" Fluttershy asked, looking at Rarity.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no, certainly not!" Rarity said as all the other girls looked at them, confused. Sunset motioned her to explain.

"Well, when we followed Chestnut Magnifico, we heard her saying something about shutting down something," Fluttershy said.

"B-but she said something, and we don't know if it's the movie she's talking about," Rarity defended.

"Maybe she's just really mad that they're always running out of her imported butter praline crunch bars," Pinkie said, butting into the conversation.

"These ones?" Sunset asked, pulling out a candy wrapper she found on set.

"Those are the ones."

"But we found this on the set right before the mountain collapsed."

"Hm... all the evidence is pointing at Chestnut Magnifico as the one causing all this," Twilight said.

"I don't know Twihana. The mountain must have been tempered while everyone was on the break, as she had been busy since the start of the day. And we clearly know where she was during the break. Unless she found someone else who also loves candy," Aiko pointed out.

"I don't know who's doing this or what's going on, but the first thing we need to do is find those relics," Rainbow said.

"I agree. The Relics were here earlier. So whoever did this must have been around here somewhere," Twilight said.

"Yeah, hmmm. Why don't Fluttershy, Spike, and I meet with the crew to see if we can find anything? In the meantime, you guys can look for the relics," Sunset suggested before leaving.

"Where are we gonna start? This place is huge!" Rainbow said.

"Hm... do we have a map?" Twilight asked.

"Here you go!" Pinkie said, throwing Twilight a map, and she caught it and opened it up.

"Okay, we are here. And the thief could... hm... this place is a maze, and we'll probably have to search the whole place."

"Awww... it's gonna take forever!" Rainbow sighed.

"Yeah. Why can't there be a mysterious cloaked figure for us to chase and ask where the relics are," Applejack said.

"Like that?" Pinkie said, pointing at the back of the set where a cloaked figure was trying to leave the set.

"Stop right there!" Rainbow shouted, running after the figure using her super speed.

"Let's go. They're getting away!" Aiko shouted as everyone joined her.

Rainbow chased after the cloaked figure turning left and right. Even with her speed, she had a hard time catching up to the figure with all the sharp turns, and the figure flowed through all the obstacles with ease. Rainbow jumped off a wall before giving chase as they suddenly made a sharp right.

"Ugh, how is she getting away?!" Rainbow shouted to herself.

The figure ran a few meters ahead of her when a bright light stopped them in their tracks. Aiko appeared in front of them and tried to grab them at that moment. But the figure snapped out of it quickly and used the cover of the shadows to slip past Aiko.

"No! She's more nimble than I thought!" Aiko shouted. She joined Rainbow in the pursuit.

They chased the figure to a room with a bunch of wooden boxes stacked in the middle.

"I'll try to cut her path!" Aiko said before seeking the chance and jumping from box to box and bee lining to the other side. She saw the figure making her way around the boxes and quickly jumped down from the other side. She then started running back to catch the figure, only to end up face-to-face with Rainbow as they collided with each other.

"Ugh, what happened? Where'd they go?" Aiko asked.

"I don't know, they just... disappeared," Rainbow said, getting up from the floor.

"Whoever that is, they know every single nook and cranny of this place." Aiko said, "Where even are we? Let's try to find the girls, no point trying to chase whoever that was now."

After the failed chase, the two girls tried to find their way back. It took a while for them to get any semblance of direction before they stumbled upon the girls, with Sunset, Fluttershy, and Spike now joining them. Blake seeing Aiko quickly ran up to her and jumped onto her arms, wrapping his tail around her.

"Don't run off like that!" Blake said, concerned.

"Sorry, Blake, I won't," Aiko said, petting the little ghost.

"Did you catch whoever that was?" Blake asked.

"No. Whoever that was, they knew a lot about this place. It's gonna be hard to," Aiko stopped as she saw something from the corner of her eyes. Looking to her right, she walked towards several props to the side.

"Aiko?" Blake called her, but she didn't listen.

"Did you find anything with Chestnut?"

"Yes, but nothing bad. All we found out from the crew is that she really..."

Aiko heard the girls talking in the background, but their voices slowly faded as she inched closer to the props. Once she got next to the props, she got a hold of one of the cardboard props.

After breathing a couple of times, she pushed the cardboard prop aside. She released a breath she didn't even realize she was holding as she came face to face with herself in front of a mirror.

"... I'm gonna be so fired if you aren't ready! The director wants to shoot in three minutes!" She heard someone shouting and looking at the girls, and she saw that a crew member was ushering the girls toward a room in a hurry.

"What the Blake, come on!" She said, running after the girls. Unfortunately, they were sent through a door that then closed on her leaving her outside.

"What happened?" Blake asked.

"I don't know. He probably mistook them for someone else," Aiko said, looking at the sign on the door. "Power Ponies?"

"No, I mean, what happened before with you?"

"Me? I... I thought I saw someone, but it was just a mirror," She said. "Come on, let's try and find where he's gonna take them."

With them now knowing the girls had been mistaken for Power Pony actors, Aiko and Blake started looking for the set. It didn't take them long to find it, and they stayed a little away from the crew, waiting for anything from the girls. Before long, she saw the same crew member pushing the girls onto the set and nervously looking at the director.

"Ah... I think there was a mistake," Applejack said after the sudden turn of events.

"Who are they," The director asked, clearly not happy with the mistake.

"I'm fired, aren't I?" The crew member asked.

Aiko looked back at the girls as they made eye contact. She tried to talk to them but was interrupted by Pinkie shouting when she saw the cloaked figure to the side.

"Come on. She's getting away!" Rainbow said as the girls started the chase again. Aiko, along with Blake, quickly joined her.
What followed after was a lengthy chase around the studio, passing through a bunch of different sets made for the movies. After quite a long run, the girls finally stopped at a set of a city with chocolate all over it.

"Wait... give me a... second..." Twilight said between breaths, tired from all the running. Rarity and Fluttershy joined her while everyone else seemed to be fine with the running.

"Where are we?" Sunset asked, looking around the bizarre set.

"Are you kidding? This is the set for Stormy with a Side of Pudding!" Pinkie shouted excitedly.

"Stormy with a side of what now?" Applejack asked, confused.

"It's only my all-time favorite movie!" Everyone just blinked in confusion.

"I've tried to get you to watch it like a bazillion times. I heard they use real pudding," Pinkie said before licking some of the pudding from a building. "They do!"

"Ugh... we are running out of time. We need to find the relics and catch the bad guy, not eat pudding!" Rainbow shouted, walking away from the group.

We should go back to the set. It's possible we missed something," Twilight said.

"Maybe. We did get inter-"

"AHHH!" Rainbow heard the girls scream and looked back to see the cloaked figure by the door and the girls trapped inside a net.

"Get back here!" Rainbow shouted before running back out the door to chase the figure.

"Aiko!" Sunset shouted.

"I can't teleport us all. What if I accidentally-"

"Just go! We'll follow!" Aiko nodded before motioning Blake to jump into her arm. After he phased through the net into her arm, she teleported away to follow Rainbow.

Once she teleported outside the net, she ran toward where Rainbow went. It didn't take her long to find Rainbow looking around for the figure.

"Where are they?" Aiko asked.

"Not sure, they are so slippery," Rainbow said, looking around when she caught the figure walking inside a room. "There!" She said as she and Aiko ran inside the room to catch the figure.

It was another storage room with various props and set pieces cramped inside. Aiko and Rainbow walked inside cautiously, looking around for the figure when Rainbow caught sight of something.

"Is that?" Rainbow said, gaining the other's attention. She walked towards a closet and opened it to find a costume. More specifically, the one that was missing from the movie.

"Isn't that-"

"AIKO!!" Blake shouted, interrupting Aiko. But it was too late as the figure left the room, closing the door behind them. Rainbow ran up to the door and tried to open it, only to find out that it was locked.

"Great."

"Don't they know I can teleport?" Aiko asked.

"Eh, makes things easier for us, I guess."

After teleporting outside, they went back to the pudding set to meet up with the girls that they met halfway to the set.

"Hey, look what we found," Aiko said, lifting the dress.

"Is that the costume that went missing?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. We found it in that storage room before that guy locked us in that room. Idiot forgot Aiko could teleport," Rainbow said.

"They locked you in?" Twilight asked.

"Yup, so what are we gonna do now? We have the costume, but we are nowhere closer to finding the relics."

"Why don't we head back to the set? Maybe there's something we missed." Applejack said.

"I may have an idea," Twilight said, gaining the girls' attention.

After explaining the plan, they all got back to the set and met with the director. They asked for permission to search the whole set with no restrictions while Pinkie had already started searching left and right. With the reassurance that the girls might be able to help him as they had already found the costume, he decided to give what they were asking. With the plan in motion, the Rainbooms started the plan's second phase, the chase. Instead of searching the set, they started following Juniper, and they finally caught her trying to get the relics out of the studio.

"I told you it wasn't Chestnut," Rarity said proudly.

"Didn't we already establish that it wasn't her?" Sunset said.

"O-oh yeah, you did."

"L-look, I found the relics!" Juniper tried to get out of the situation, but no one fell into that.

"Yeah, it's a little bit too late for that," Applejack said.

"B-but Juniper? She wouldn't do such a thing."

"She would, and she did," Twilight said before she started explaining how she figured out it was Juniper.

"Are we recording a Sherlock Holmes scene without me knowing?" Aiko whispered to Rainbow as she shrugged.


Once everything was cleared and kicking Juniper out of the studio, it was back time for filming. This time, the Rainbooms got their own background roles in the movie as a gift from the director to save the movie.

As the filming began, everything was finally going well with filming. Daring Do ran past Sunset and Rarity as they acted as a merchant and customer, almost hitting Applejack with a basket of apples. She ran past some wandering circus members putting on a show: Pinkie, dressed as a ringmaster, and Spike, who wore a vest as he stood on his forepaws. Aiko, who was checking out some daggers in a stall, looked at Daring Do as she ran past her and almost collided with Twilight with a tower of books before stopping just in front of Fluttershy and hitting her. That's when the movie's bad guy decided to show up and used the scepter in his hand to take the sword Daring Do had. Rainbow came to the Rescue and threw a whip at Daring Do, who caught it and stopped the bad guy. And then...

"That was AWESOME!!!" Rainbow shouted, interrupting the filming again.

"CUT!! Again!!" The director shouted, regretting all of his decisions.

"Sorry..."

Author's Note:

Wow, what's it been like? Three months already? Sorry for that. Been busy with a lot of work recently. And I also decided to go a little lazy with the drawing and rendered out that scene instead, using a model I made of Aiko. Fun fact: The blouse she's wearing is actually Amity's. I just burrowed it from her model and adjusted it to fit Aiko.