• Published 11th Apr 2021
  • 934 Views, 12 Comments

You, Me, and Cozy - bahatumay



Wallflower wants to go out with Sunset. It's... harder than it seems.

  • ...
2
 12
 934

Afterparty

Pinkie had taken particular umbrage at what Cozy had had to say about Wallflower, and had decided to tilt the scales back the other way.

This is why Wallflower was currently attending her “Wallflower is and always will be 100% our friend andalsowe’resorrywedidn’tlistentoyourgutonCozyGlow!” party.

She knew this was the name because Pinkie had painted this on a sign. Wallflower’s head tilted. Pinkie’s writing was more legible than she’d expected.

Wallflower looked around, still a little surprised that she was actually here. From what she could tell, Pinkie had returned Vinyl’s Silent Disco equipment, planned, and then executed this party in the time Wallflower had taken to go home and just decompress.

Extroverts were something else entirely.

She dipped her spoon and took a bite of her dirt cup. Not actual dirt, of course. It was crushed chocolate sandwich cookies mixed with chocolate pudding, and a gummy worm to top it off. At first, she’d thought Pinkie was poking fun at her, but weirdly enough, it was delicious and just what she needed.

Pinkie had even invited her Gardening Club friends, so Rose was chatting with Fluttershy while Muffins was making Twilight laugh by slurping up a gummy worm. It was like a crossover episode, but good.

She could have done without Pinkie’s older sister sitting there, though. She was just sitting there. Menacingly.

Rainbow lined up next to Applejack, holding a dart and her own half-eaten dirt cup, trying to score on an earth-colored dartboard. She was getting frustrated—Applejack was winning.

The door opened, and everyone turned to see a haggard-looking Sunset in the doorway.

“Hey, Sunset!” Pinkie said.

“Game over I win!” Rainbow said, ignoring Applejack’s protests. She vaulted over the couch. “How did it go?”

Sunset slumped down on the couch and let out a long, low exhale.

Wallflower hesitantly reached out a hand, only to pull it back in, just in case she didn’t want to be touched right now.

“That bad, huh?” Applejack offered.

“Ehh… there’s just a lot to unpack,” Sunset said wearily. “Still processing it all, I guess.”

“No problem. Stand back! Give her some air!” Rainbow pointed. “And get this woman a dirt cup!”

Once Sunset had eaten almost half of it, she’d recovered enough to speak. “So Cozy got kicked out, obviously, but when we went to clean out her room... You know how she got all her cash? Selling panties online.”

“Eww,” Pinkie said, and the others agreed.

Sunset looked at her, her eyes and smile just a little bit too wide. “Oh, it gets better. She wasn’t selling hers.”

“So whose…?” Rainbow started.

Sunset’s smile turned haunted.

There was a brief pause.

And then the girls started clamoring as the penny dropped.

“She stole my spandex and my rhinestone-?!”

“Not cool!”

“-losing my mind-!”

“I knew I hadn’t-!”

“I guess I owe Zephyr an apology.”

“-took apart the dryer for nothing?”

Apparently, Wallflower hadn’t been the only one to notice a strange disappearance from her underwear drawer. Wallflower sank back on the couch, feeling a mix of horror, revulsion, and a slight bit of vindication that she hadn’t gone crazy.

Rainbow looked down. “I’m not going to want those back,” she said.

“Good call,” Sunset said wearily. “So that got her a full psychological evaluation. The hospital was slammed, and she did not like being stuck in a corner and ignored for two and a half hours. They finally brought her back, and she’s still a minor so everything’s going to be sealed, but I’m pretty sure that was her I heard screaming.” A half-smile flitted across her face. “Let’s just say she was saying stuff a little stronger than ‘gee whillikers’.”

That got a few giggles from the group.

“Anyway, before I had to leave, I saw an attendant filling out a couple blue forms, so I think she got involuntarily committed.” She heaved a sigh. “So I think that’s it,” she finished.

“A very weird end to a very weird day,” Rainbow summed it up.

“You said it,” Fluttershy agreed.

“Another dirt cup?” Pinkie offered, holding one out.

“Actually, there’s something else I want to do first.” Sunset stood up and extended her hand. “Wallflower, could you come with me?”

“Oh. Uh, ok,” Wallflower said, taken aback at being singled out. She followed Sunset out of the house and onto the porch.

Sunset leaned against the pillar, her arms crossed.

“What’s up?” Wallflower asked hesitantly.

“Cozy said some awful things to you. I mean, I know as well as anyone how hurtful words can be when used that way. I’m sorry I didn’t trust you more.”

“It’s fine,” Wallflower said.

“You’re not just saying that, are you?” Sunset asked gently.

Wallflower hesitated. She was used to brushing off others’ concern, especially because it was fleeting and she’d be forgotten and back to being invisible in the next second, so it wasn’t worth worrying about.

But now…

“No,” she said, realizing it was the truth as she was saying it. “Because I know you mean it. And… you care about me.” She paused. “That’s so weird to think about,” she admitted.

Sunset tenderly took both her hands. “I do mean it,” she said, softly but insistently, “but it’s not weird. Believe me. Nothing of what we have is out of pity or obligation or anything like that. You really are an amazing girl, Wallflower.” She smiled and cut off Wallflower’s protest with a shake of her head. “And I know someday, you’ll believe me. Until then…”

And then she leaned in.

Before Wallflower could fully process this, she felt a new sensation as Sunset kissed her on the lips.

Her heart stopped. Her eyes widened, and then slowly closed as she sank into the kiss.

She didn’t know how long it lasted, and really, she didn’t care. This felt right.

Too soon, Sunset gently pulled back. “…just go with it,” she finished, staying close enough that her warm breath tickled her lips.

Wallflower would have followed Sunset anywhere. But she should probably start breathing again.

Sunset grinned. “Well, we’d better get back before we’re gone for too long. I wouldn’t put it past Pinkie to throw us a ‘Best Girlfriends in the Tri-State area’ party or something.” She turned to go back inside, but noticed that Wallflower hadn’t moved. “Do you need a moment?” she asked, amused.

“I might,” Wallflower admitted weakly.

Sunset smirked, but it wasn’t malicious. It might have been… proud? “No worries. See you soon.” And with another quick kiss on her forehead, Sunset walked back inside.

And Wallflower could swear that she was rocking her hips a bit more than strictly necessary.

Now that’s a nice view

Wallflower paused. Actually, that was one intrusive thought that she actually agreed with.

She was unable to suppress a smile as she followed her girlfriend back inside.

Yeah. Everything was going to be alright.

Comments ( 4 )

Well, that escalated quickly.
I was kind of expecting the twist, but a part of me wanted it to end differently.
Really good story! :pinkiesmile:

Hello there! One of the judges for Scampy's SunFlower Shipping Contest checking in for your donation choice for this submission. Which of the three charities would you like $20 donated to on your behalf?

Some writers can't make Cozy personality just right, liked your story and how you made your Cozy Glow even if in theory Wallflower is the main character and she was also good, I like how you put everything. Good Work

Login or register to comment