• Published 10th Mar 2021
  • 7,704 Views, 16 Comments

Tippy Toe - Revel Montaro



Rarity is set up on a blind date with a young man from Crystal Prep. She is looking forward to it, but her friends want to make sure she has an easy out in case it goes south.

  • ...
3
 16
 7,704

*Bonus Chapter* Everyone Has a Camera and They Are Not Afraid to Use Them

The Grand Canterlot Mall on a Saturday. Logic would indicate that going shopping on the day that nearly everyone else went shopping on was not a good idea. The glass and steel Mecca to capitalism was busy as ever even with the constant nibbling of the foot traffic and sales by more and more accommodating online retail choices. Still, the mall was as much about getting out, exercising, and impulse buys as it was about getting what you were after. It was a place of socialization and of course employment for many. Especially teenagers.

Sunset Shimmer stowed her name tag in her pocket as she exited the hibachi and sushi restaurant on her way to the food court. A takeout box of a spicy tuna roll and California roll secured under her arm for Rarity.

Like every Saturday, Sunset was on her way to meet her friends for their joint thirty minute break/lunch. It had taken some finagling, but they had managed to convince their bosses to agree to the same time so the seven of them could spend more time together… Except Applejack, who just worked at her family’s farm now. That had become fundamentally important to Sunset since they only had so many of these lunches left before her friends had to leave for college or whatever else awaited them in post high school life. Nope, not gonna dwell on that. It’s a good day and going to be a great lunch break. Especially after Rarity tells them all the detail of her terrible date. That should get a few laughs and I could really use that right now.

That was one of the reasons Sunset was brining her friend some fresh sushi. Apparently, the alabaster teen felt she deserved to reward herself something special given the previous night’s events and had sent a text asking Sunset if she could accommodate. Sunset had not hesitated for a moment to do so.

As Sunset strolled along humming a tune under her breath she passed a few people she knew from school. Some also worked at the mall while others were just out and about enjoying their beautiful weekend. The waves and greetings all seemed a bit more friendly than usual, as if they were seeing her in a different light. Similar to how they were more friendly to her following the Battle of the Bands with the Dazzlings, but also… different. Sunset stopped ignoring her instincts that something was up when Lyra and Bon Bon walked by and the minty green girl winked at her and shot Sunset the finger guns before taking her girlfriend’s hand again. The two giggling and whispering to one another as they walked away.

Okaaaaay, sooooo was that a compliment or an invitation? You know what, I don’t want to know.

Sunset shook her head and continued to walk to a table that already had seven chairs, one of which was occupied by a purple skinned genius who, as usual, got to the table first. What was not as usual was the fact that Twilight had her eyes glued to something on her phone and… was she nibbling on her pinkie finger?

“Hey, Twi.” Twilight gasped and fumbled her phone, but managed to catch it before it bounced off the grey tile of the food court. Sunset blinked. Yeah, something was up. “You okay, you seem distracted. Are you sick, or is that blushing?”

“Wha? What?! I’m, noooo not sick, nope perfectly normal me being me on this perfectly normal day of today!” Sunset sat down next to Twilight and touched her palm to Twilight’s cheek and then her forehead. Twilight flinched for a second, but did not pull away from the touch. “W, What are you doing?”

“You feel warm, and you’re sweating, but the AC is cranked in here and the fans are going. I wonder if you caught a bug or something. You took your allergy meds this morning, right?”

“Yes! Yes, I’m fine, I promise. I just… I… I… need to ask you… something…”

Sunset arched an eyebrow. “Ask me what?” Twilight just sat with her jaw hanging open. Finally, it snapped shut and she smiled, readjusting her glasses.

“Are you… that is, do you…”

A moment later Rarity plopped down into the seat next to Sunset. She looked more ragged and rough around the edges than when Sunset had dropped her off at home this morning and that was after a night on Sunset’s awful futon couch.

“You would not BELIEVE the day I have had already!” Rarity paused to look at the box on the table. “Is that my sushi? Oh, darling you are a treasure… but a treasured friend and nothing more! No matter what numerous perverts wish to believe.” Rarity sat up and turned around to the rest of the tables where patrons ate in their own groups. “Nothing more, you hear me!”

“Uhhhhhh.”

“Ohhhh yeeeeah, figured you two would be sitting next to one another. I knew I should have put a bet on it with AJ. I could of made some money.”

Sunset glanced to a fidgeting Twilight, a mortified Rarity, and now a cocksure Rainbow Dash with a shit eating grin. Something was going on and she was not in on it. Before Sunset could get a word in Pinkie landed in the chair across from her and with a wave of her arm, seven cupcakes magically appeared… or fell perfectly from the box she had opened a second earlier. It was hard to tell sometimes.

“Soooooo Suuuuuunny… is there something you want to tell us? Some announcement you would like to make that will require a celebration party of congratulations after work perhaps, hmmmmmm?????”

“I am so confused right now.” Sunset’s response caused Rainbow Dash to just laugh all the harder. Thankfully, she had not started eating yet or it could have gotten messy. She pulled herself together just in time to grin at Applejack and Fluttershy. Fluttershy seemed perfectly normal as far as Sunset could tell, setting out her salad and saying hello to everyone at the table. Applejack however, looked, contemplative? Disappointed? Discouraged? Something was clearly bothering her.

Though she had never discussed it in detail to any of her friends currently at the table, Sunset had once needed to thoroughly study and learn human behavior and body language in order to properly mimic the gestures and poses of what had once been an unfamiliar body. Ever since those early days, she had become hyper away of mannerisms and how subtle they could be. If something was bothering Applejack, the figurative emotional ROCK of their group then there was definitely something wrong.

“Someone needs to explain what is going on before I start making a huge scene. And it will NOT be pretty!”

“Looking to be a viral video star two days in a row, Sunshim?”

Sunset glared at Rainbow. “Explain what the hell is going on, Rainbow Dash. What did you do?”

“Its not Rainbow Dash, darling,” said Rarity, “it’s all my fault.” Sunset glanced to Rarity who was poking the tuna roll with a chopstick and a sour look on her face complete with pouty bottom lip.

“You mean, you don’t know?”

Sunset turned to Fluttershy and shook her head. Twilight passed over her phone to Sunset, a video already on screen paused. She pressed the play button and suddenly Sunset was watching a cellphone video recording of her marching up to the table where Rarity and her piss poor date, Worth Valuemore were sitting.

The phone must have had some great hardware and software, Sunset thought as she was able to easily make out all the details of her outfit she had worn the night before to rescue Rarity in. Sunset’s eye pupils shrank to pinpricks and she began to blush a bit when the camera focused on her ass in the skin tight jeans as she bent over to talk to Rarity. The details on the exchange running through her head as the audio only picked up bits of the conversation. Damn, I really do have a nice backside. I guess that makes sense. Not to feed my ego or anything, but my plot was always one of my best features as a pony as well.

Unexpectedly, the person holding the camera then shifted to get a better view from the side just as Sunset touched Rarity’s chin and planted a passionate kiss right on her lips. The scene continued to be recorded up to the point where Sunset had swiftly carried her friend off the patio and to the waiting motorcycle below. Sunset set Twilight phone down, at a complete loss for words, brain needing a moment to reboot.

“Ah.” Sunset gathered her thoughts. She glanced to Rarity who was now at least eating the food as opposed to just making sure it was dead. “At least that saves me the time of explaining what happened last night.”

“But I thought ya was at home last night gamin’ or whatnot. How’d ya end up crashin’ Rarity’s date?”

Sunset sighed. She waited to see if Rarity was going to start them off, but clearly she was still too mortified to comment. This was not how she wanted to have this conversation. Well, too late now. “Tippy toe.”

Rainbow Dash and Applejack both sat upright. Rainbow recovering to comment first. “As in you are calling one in now or it was one?”

“Rarity called in a tippy toe. The date was bad as in he was a royal bastard. She tried to call you first, AJ, but said you never picked up.”

Applejack grimaced. “Damn spotty reception, gosh darn north forty of all the lousy… I’m so sorry, Rares. You know I’d a been there for you otherwise, but I never heard it ring and never even got a ping ‘bout a missed call.”

Rarity smiled and regained much of her composure. She extended her hand across the table and Applejack took it and squeezed it back. The two sat there quietly holding hands, nothing else needing be said or apologized for. “I know you would have.”

Rainbow Dash eyed the hands still being held, but moved on. “That’s cool and all, but what I want to know and probably the others too, why’d you kiss her?”

Sunset rolled her eyes, sighed, and looked to the ceiling. Just say it. They already suspect.

“I explained this to Rarity last night, but it looks like I have to say it to all of you now. In Equestria, as you all know having briefly traveled there, we don’t wear a lot of clothes so views on sexuality are much different. Most of us don’t get hung up on sexual preference and that even goes as far to include cross species relationships as well. Though that may vary from region to region. Straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, polygamy, no one really cares as long as everyone involved is of a consensual age and everyone is happy. So yes, I am bisexual. I kissed her to break the stupid boy’s brain… and apparently a lot of other brains as well. Damn cell phones. So, now you know, whoopie do. The end.”

Sunset sighed, her eyes staring down at her hands on the table. “I only ask that you don’t look at me or treat me any different. I’m still just me. I hope that is not too much to ask for.” Sunset felt a set of fingers wrap around her hand and focused her eyes on the purple digits that were now gently caressing her knuckles.

“I see you just as I always have.”

Pinkie added her fingers as well. “Yeah, silly. I love you too just the way you are and nothing will change that.”

“Same,” chimed in Applejack.

“We’ll always be friends,” added Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, no prob. But isn’t it weird that the one acting the least gay right now is the girl with the rainbow colored hair. I’m just saying.”

That earned a few giggles and groans. Applejack finally mumbled, “Way to ruin the moment, Dash. Sheesh.”

“Darling?”

Applejack looked over to Rarity and noticed that the blue eyed fashionista had still not let go of her hand. They both pulled back and smiled at one another, their faces obviously flushed. “It’s all right, Rares. Just stuff I’m working through.”

“Did… did it bother you?”

“No… I mean… didja like it?”

Rarity took back her hand but not in rejection, just so she could finish eating and contemplate the question. “I did not dislike it. I think we can all comfortably agree Sunset is quite attractive. It was unexpected of course and we agreed last night it changes nothing since it was just for show. It certainly means I have more questions about myself than answers.”

“I know what that’s like,” said Twilight. Sunset glanced at her friend who smiled back. “I always have so many questions about myself.”

“Can we talk about this later, jus’ you and me without the, ya know, audience?” Rarity smiled and nodded.

Sunset smiled as well. She turned to look at Twilight and instead found herself inches from Pinkie Pie’s face… and for some reason now she had a fake mustache on. “Looks like I might have something to celebrate soon after all. Wouldn’t you say, mi compadre?”

“Uhhhhhh… sure.” Sunset turned back the other way and was pleased to see that Rarity had regained her full vitality and trademark aura of confidence. They had worked out the quirks and once again their friendship had come out the other side all the stronger for it. Without hesitation, Rarity pulled Sunset in for a hug.

“Thank you once again for yesterday and thank you for lunch, dear.”

“My pleasure. Speaking of which, I need to grab something and scarf it down before I run out of break time.” Sunset stood and strolled over to the reheat pizza by the slice booth.

Twilight picked up her phone and began replaying the video. It took a moment before she realized Pinkie Pie was still pressed next to her, also watching.

“Sunset has a really nice ass. Wouldn’t you agree, Twilight?”

“Yeah,” Twilight said with a sigh before she realized what had just fell out of her mouth. “Yeeeeah if I was speaking as a friend who was admiring the shapely aesthetics of, of, of said posterior.” She knew her smile was too wide and the smirks and glances from her friends told Twilight that they did not buy it. Thankfully, none of them pushed the issue.

Sunset paid for her slice and was waiting, suddenly remembering that Twilight was going to ask something, but never said what. Eh, if it's important she'll just ask me later. It was then that a familiar young man with spikey blue hair stepped up next to her with a goofy smile and a bit of a fidget to his step. Sunset rolled her eyes knowing what was about to happen.

“Soooo, you and Rarity are a thing now I take it?”

“No, Flash, we are not a thing. It was me being a good friend and rescuing her from a bad date in an unconventional way. Aaaaaactiiiing. Sweet Celestia’s snowy white plot, it was just a damn kiss, what is wrong with people?! No, there is no chance you are going to get in a threesome so wipe that smug look off your face or I will pound the fantasy right out of your silly boy head.”

“Pfft, you said pound.”

Sunset glanced around Flash Sentry to find Rainbow Dash standing there. “Oh, bite me, both of you.”

Flash grinned. “Is that a statement or a request?”

“Ugh!”

Author's Note:

So where did this come from? I had no intention of adding to the single chapter, but this suggestion was made by Darth Arcaneus and I have to admit the wheels started turning almost immediately. So I figured, why not?

Now, if you re-read the first chapter or just hopped right in and go "wait, now Rarity is onboard with the idea of Rarejack?" Well, a lady can change her mind after consideration, yes?

As for the world I have built, I'll go ahead and say this. Rarity and AJ end up having an on again, off again, relationship throughout their adult working careers. They never marry, but after decades of living the high life, eventually Rarity retires and settles down to do virtual online consultations and never stops drawing out ideas. AJ naturally stays on the farm and loves being the cool aunt to her numerous nieces and nephews as well as to her friends' children as well. They are all kin in her mind.

Comments ( 7 )

The phone must have had some great hardware and software, Sunset thought as she was able to easily make out all the details of her outfit she had worn the night before to rescue Rarity in. Sunset’s eyes pupils shrank to pinpricks and she began to blush a bit when the camera focused on her ass in the skin tight jeans as she bent over to talk to Rarity. The details on the exchange running through her head as the audio only picked up bits of the conversation. Damn, I really do have a nice backside. I guess that makes sense. Not to feed my ego or anything, but my plot was always one of my best features as a pony as well.

I get that this is before Incarnate, but she inherited that from her dear old mother, didn't she?

10828761
Yes, as mentioned in the teaser this is four months before Incarnate. And if you got a nice butt don't be ashamed to be proud of it!

10828809
I only mentioned that since I was aware Sunset wouldn't know her true parentage yet :twilightsmile: (which would also explain this:

“No, Flash, we are not a thing. It was me being a good friend and rescuing her from a bad date in an unconventional way. Sweet Celestia’s snowy white plot, it was just a damn kiss, what is wrong with people?! No, there is no chance you are going to get in a threesome so wipe that smug look off your face or I will pound the fantasy right out of your silly boy head.”

and why she would call her still-unknown mother by her name.)

10828980
I have found numerous examples of ponies using Celestia's name as a stand in curse. Like saying "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick!". Or something like that. It has nothing to do with parentage as much as she is a semi deity.

10830086
True, and because of that, after the events of Incarnate any Celestia-related swears or curses would be a slip of the tongue, plus she wouldn't be used to her former mentor being her mother until after some time of correspondence, (if that makes any sense, force of habit is what I'm getting at)

10830104
Yup! Imagine trying to curse and it coming out as, Oh, Holy Mother of... Me."

10830426
Certainly not an expression many (if any) can make.

Login or register to comment