• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 2,214 Views, 1,178 Comments

Baa-Ram-Ewe! - Darkonshadows



"Baa-Ram-Ewe!" - The ancient war cry of the lambkin.

  • ...
13
 1,178
 2,214

PreviousChapters Next
264. Dimensional Power and Logistics.

-???, Oleander-

“Buttina…” I stated slowly.

“Yes-?” My friend Buttina returned with an equally slow measure.

“Can you please tell me that this is feasibly survivable by our usual flank kicking standards?” I took a long, and exceedingly slow, glance around us.

“After the kaiju world?” The clacking noise of Buttina loading shells into her Boomacorn could be heard. “We’ve got this.”

We were surrounded by horrifying creatures of a consisting mostly of a primarily singular color with image producing squares in their stomachs and odd antenna sticking out of their heads. There were tons of them and they all were horrifying with their faces filled with creepy grinning fangs. They were acting like Zombies in how they moaned and tried to crawl up onto the tractor with us, they just kept coming through the nearby cornfield in endless droves.

A blue dog with dark blue spots and the ability to mark things with magical paw prints whimpered and cowered while looking to us.

“Why are you looking at us Blue, aren’t you the one with all the clues?” Fred stated calmly, where was the... “WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE HERE!”

Ah… there we go.

“Hey, I’m Benny Bull, can I get some help up here?!” We looked at the small bipedal blue bull in the loft of a nearby barn trying not to look at all the fang filled teeth clawing at the wood of the barn. He was nervously gnawing at a vegetable and was wearing a blue and white bandana around his neck.

That’s when the swarm of tubby monsters started climbing up at us with evil grinning pumpkin symbols emblazoned on their bellies and mouths with bleeding gums being a rather prominent thing among all of them.

That’s when Song Ender swung the ship around and started gunning down the massive hoard of them around us with the belly turrets rapid fire lasers. They just kept coming as there was practically a sea of them.

“Back, you portly picture punks!” Buttina fire into the crowd trying to knock the tractor, we were currently gathered on, over with haunting yellow slit eyes looking up at us hungrily. “Why are we rescuing so many blue creatures today?!”

“D-d-does anyone know where my dad is?” A different more bipedal blue dog was curled up in the seat of the tractor and shivering. “Do you… do you think the monsters got him?”

“Bandit is an adult Bluey, I’m sure he’ll be fine and we’ll protect you until we can get you back to your parents!” I started rapidly stabbing some of the monsters with my key blade. “Though this will be pretty difficult and could take a while.”

“THIS WORLD SHOULDN’T HAVE SOUL SUCKING EVILS WORSE THAN ME!” Fred refused to be touched by any of the creatures. “To think, I thought this world was completely innocent this morning.”

“I knew these pudgy pallette pests were completely evil!” Buttina shouted over another blast of her shotgun yelling ‘you don’t belong in this world’ in horse with every pull of the trigger.

“Look, we probably should just find Pibby, she’s learned how to deal with and handle this eldritch stuff.” Of course Gumball was a blue cat wielding a golf club with overhead swings. “A little better help here Blooregard!”

“Excuse me, but we’re being surrounded by scary nightmare monsters, as an imaginary friend I can’t be expected to work at full mental capacity under these conditions without panicking!” The strange simplistic cylindrical creature was still swinging the baseball bat side to side for all he’s worth, which wasn’t much as he was swinging at empty air blindly.

“Fred be more helpful than Bloo and get the tractor started!” I shouted as we continued to down multiple grinning faced monsters in onesies. “If we’re going to meet every cutesy blue creature in existence today, then we’re going to save every last one of them!”

“Hey my name is Goo, did someone say they needed help?” A blonde haired flying blue colored pony mer-creature that smelled of clay said as she flew in like a bird.

I sighed, all the blue creatures today!

-Ransei, the next morning, Helper’s Hamlet, Pom-

I got up early to go check on Shanty, she had taken some serious hits yesterday.

“How you feeling Shanty?” I saw her grunting and moving her front legs and the bandage wrapped shoulders shifted.

“I’ve been better.” She smiled at me expectantly.

“No, I’m not getting you rum.” That’s when I received a frown and she crossed her legs over her chest.

“Stingy!” Shanty stated, then after a moment she had a grin on her face.

“Well at least I know you’re not in as much pain as I’ve been in if you can joke about it.” Honestly, my little friend was sadly a rum runner and would never change on that front. “Take care of her Dodo and don’t let her leave town! She needs to heal and I’ve got a few things to check on today.”

Dodo warbled cheerfully from the other side of the bed as I left to check on the other injured.

The Surskit Scouts were small and easily hurt, but they were doing relatively okay and would heal quickly.

The Super Sentai Squirtle Squad had plenty of injuries, but none of them life threatening. Yellow, Blue and Green were the least hurting of the six of them, Purple had taken one of the last shots aimed our way, Red was moderately bruised and Black seemed healthy but apparently was the worst off. Swallow had healed himself with his Roost move, which can only be done while a flying type Pokémon is grounded, so he’s fine too even if Roost does leave flying types vulnerable and stuck on the ground.

Having finished checking up on them I made my way back to the guild for breakfast and would pick something up for Shanty too. Upon entering I heard some music being played.

“Though the battle may be long, we… have our will~. Even though those in the battle will be strong… we’ll fight on-~.” It was Motochika playing his personal instrument and he looked horribly battered and he had bags under his eyes, he seriously needed sleep. “Oh hey… Pom… took… back Fontaine Castle and Town… last night…”

“You need sleep.” I said bluntly, seeing that he was in poor health after yesterday. Dealing with Grit was hard enough for us, but him… he looked like he was put through a wringer and came out barely alive on the other side.

“I do, fighting all night wasn’t very healthy of me huh? Still we managed to tire out our enemy through sheer force of will, it’s all the doing of one Pokémon or outsider and that odd castle.” Motochika grinned, he was probably worse off than he looked. “Thanks for getting Grit and the Froakies back for us, even if you couldn’t get the Octillery. And we got them back too! Though that took some doing from my Blitzing Buizel units, Aqua Jet is their specialty… hahhhh, after all.”

“I’m guessing we’re going to need to build up supplies for when we go to face the one that is causing all of Fontaine’s problems… until then, you’re going to get some sleep!” I picked up Motochika and, despite his protests, dropped him into Foffo’s waiting hands. “Get him to a bed, thank you.”

“You’re gratitude is most appreciated and delicious Lady Lambchop, as I’m sure that King Motochika will be just as grateful that he will be in a warm bed soon enough.” Foffo carried the weakly struggling Motochika away and none of the water Pokémon currently in the guild moved to stop him.

Some of said water Pokémon were water weasels known as Buizel enjoying a breakfast after a long harrowing battles yesterday, some were pass out drunk. The larger more evolved ones were Floatzel. They looked like they could go through the water at an incredible speed by spinning their tails in an incredibly fast corkscrew fashion, given that’s what some of them were doing as they sat at their tables eating and spinning tails were signs of their happiness.

“What can I do for you today Lady Lambchop?” Fiffi stated as she came up to my table with a twirl and a curtsy.

“Breakfast, vegetarian special, mixed spice special for Dolly who is being lazy in not getting out of bed today when I did, and whatever Mr. Schlurp feels like making for my friend Shanty as long as it is a large order to go.” It didn’t take long for Dolly to come down the stairs and share breakfast with me, she was still trying to save every last scrap of kibble she could.

There were barely a few mouthfuls left for my canine companion, I wonder how she will cope without it? Hopefully she weaned herself off of needing kibble in her diet every single day.

-An hour later, fields between Helper’s Hamlet and Aurora Castle-

“We’ll all be coming with you, even Geoff, I don’t think anyone in Aurora will want to sit this fight out!” Jiri announced as I knocked her back with forward stab into her shield with the spear I was wielding as I stepped forward. Training her to use a spear had been giving me some training off the rust from my training as a guard in Huoshan. I had told Dolly not to tire herself out too much, because I had some training planned with her later.

“So who will be picking up the supplies both armies are going to need? I know Motochika’s forces are already loaded for bear with Oran Berries.” Arguably Sitrus Berries were far better when it comes to healing, aside from reviver seeds and a few other possibilities I might not have heard of.

“Can you please not say bear around me Pom? I get enough of that from the fact that my unit is full of them and they are all so strong in their own ways, their evolutions are going to make them much bigger than mine will.” Jiri stated that last part with a grumble. “Anyway Evan, despite our kingdom being a bit low on funds to keep us housed and fed, is easily going to take care of our food needs as the kingdom has plenty. As for high end direct healing supplies… that’s going to be a bit more of an issue for him to procure. Evan is probably going to end up paying all his military units in food and housing with how much money he puts towards the people of Aurora, and they notice his efforts too. Evan is recognized by the people in heart and spirit as a leader worth following.”

“You know I can buy some stuff from the Kecleon merchants for you guys.” I offered, because I really didn’t need all the Poké I was making for much more. There were a few accessories or one time use magical orbs I was interested when the Kecleon gave my guild a catalog of their offerings of what they could acquire, hopefully legally, and bring into the continent from beyond its borders.

“Then you might want to run that by Evan, before you start buying up stuff.” Jiri stated as she brought her shield up and tossed her spear up to be grabbed by her left ear. A common tactic among Buneary and Lopunny was to use their ears in a fight, she was learning to wield a spear in her ear as she focused on wielding the shield and her free paw in a fight.

“I’ll talk to him after we’re done training then.” I stated before holding my spear up in a defensive stance.

Jiri would train by switching which ear held the spear primarily and was even becoming quite good with a spear and shield. Aurora and Fontaine didn’t use weapons too often, mostly because all water Pokémon could do some form of ranged attack that a close range weapon wouldn’t be needed as much and Aurora wasn’t very militaristic to begin with.

As for the Pokémon that do have weapons, that would be an Ignis thing as the closest purveyor of armaments. All the fire types that lived in the volcanic region of Ignis had great forges they could operate by hand due to an immunity to lava on par with Smolder, the only reason why fire type attacks could hurt other fire types is because of how Pokémon moves worked.

It is weird when a creature completely immune to lava can be hurt by fire moves not used by it due to some mild bits of said moves having a very small part of a possible added ‘dimensional’ or some ‘divine’ element to them if the opposing element of the Pokémon was not outright immune to the attack.

I surmised that Arceus, being the eldritch being who created Pokémon in the first place, made sure that all Pokémon have a small pouch of dimensional ability to use elements and even generated them slowly outside their favored habitat as Dazzle had told me. This means that every Pokémon or any race created by Arceus all had at least a very tiny scrap of his power.

I wonder how other beings that were not designated Pokémon would use that power?

-Another time and space entirely, lore-

A boy threw a ball.

The dimension energy in the ball that the boy empowered it with, by touch no less, hit a Pokémon.

The Pokémon was then shrunk into an empty pocket dimension within the ball. It shook several times as the Pokémon inside felt the boy’s spirit and love, it decided to stop fighting and join him in his journey and let the dimension within the ball hold it as its own private space.

The boy cheered and was happy to have a new friend to love and care for that he fought a hard won battle to show that he was capable of making that Pokémon just as strong as his other friends or would take care of it even if it didn’t want to battle, not knowing the why of what made pocket dimensional balls work.

Despite all the studying, the people would never could quite figure out why apricorns were primarily used by heroes in the past or even why they worked the way they did that led to the modern Pokéball to exist.

For they lived in a magical world, never knowing just exactly how item capsules could hold items of any size or how Pokémon so big would shrink and why they could make things to do so. All they knew was just that it did work and that they can improve on the design, they even had invented dimensional energy based technology that could move things vast distances… but the issue of ignorance still stood.

Never did this odd species who trained Pokémon and were once possibly Pokémon themselves know the truth. Even as it stared them in the face when they had psychic powers, aura, strong familiar like bonds and or toughness to take Pokémon attacks head on and survive with little lethal injury to themselves.

The truth is that these odd beings all held a tiny sliver of chaotic dimensional energy in themselves, a raw power that allowed them to help Pokémon with Dynamic Maximizing, Mega Evolving, Zenith-Moves or do any number of other weird things that came with the power of hearts and spirits when they forged deeper relations to the Pokémon of the world they shared.

Even with all their technology, they still hadn’t discovered the sliver of power very much prevalent within themselves that expressed itself in a ridiculous variety of ways or even know that the energy was there as it took on many forms that hide its true nature. As such Pokémon professors were out of luck on many things and came up with theories that always led away from the fact that every single odd being in their particular species held dimensional energy much like Pokémon did.

To think there was a strange race that lived alongside Pokémon that started out with a simple apricorn fruit that one of the odd beings, that stopped being Pokémon, had once thrown out of desperation. Their dimensional power imbuing the two empty halves of the fruits shell with extremely odd unheard of properties to capture things. The Pokémon that was going to kill the first ever Pokéball thrower, as they had been both fighting for their lives out of fear, had been captured and thus the first connection born of a shared fear bloomed into an incredibly wonderful friendship as understandings started happening and the fear lessened gradually.

Arceus was quite amused by that species particular discovery and was curious towards their personal slow evolution over years and through many generations.

It was rather unfortunate that Pom and her friends would forge their own strong bonds while lacking the dimensional energy to continue them, because they knew they weren’t staying in one of the realms of Arceus forever. They didn’t have that same constant dimensional energy generation required to carry any of their eventual friends inside fruit with them in a portable manner and couldn’t acquire it.

Even if magic was of a somewhat close relation in being able to do many things, forcing dimensional energy into mixing in any form as a true part of any of Pom’s group would end in their exceedingly violent, planet or possibly even reality destroying, deaths.

-Back to Pom-

The dimensional element operates on a scale so small that the injuries caused by said fire were going to be equally minimal as the fire portion would have no effect.

Using fire to kill a fire type Pokémon would take forever and was pointlessly torturous when other attacks would be far more effective.

The more Pom understood, the more fearful and curious she became of this strange world. She probably didn’t want to meet a people that could both control dimensional energy and had an insanely huge volatile chip in their shoulders.

-Some time later, Aurora Castle-

“So you can give me a list of stuff we might need for the coming battle and I can procure some of it to help Motochika and the rest of the water Pokémon.” My offer of assistance made Evan look thoughtful on the subject.

“I’m pretty sure other kings would reject it and see it as an affront because they don’t need help, I’m not those kings… I need all the help I can get because I’m not exactly good with money.” Yeah, it seemed like King Evan was more for following his heart and or in general good ideas on a budget, he was also quite excellent in a fight when it comes to tactical acuity. “I’ll get Maiden Jig to start writing up a list of the things we might need in aid of Fontaine finishing off their problem as peaceably as possible. We still have plenty of medicines for sickness from Greenleaf, but we need a lot of healing stuff for fighting. I’ll add it on to your rescue team commission’s board so Pokémon know they can offer that stuff in particular for your help.”

I nodded and proceeded to leave.

The one thing King Evan definitely wasn’t, was rich. He spent most of his kingdom’s money improving the lives of those who lived in Aurora as the local farmers will tell you.

He already had as much a military force as he could afford to field with the current units he had, that being Skeeball’s, Teeth’s, Jiri’s and Rauco’s units as a military forces. The reason nobody invaded Aurora prior is because it wasn’t seen as important on a grand scale of things.

That alongside Geoff’s unit which were militia volunteers in defending their home and took less pay than the Evan’s full on military units.

My Rescue Team was quite cheap to hire and could act as auxiliary units, King Evan might just start selling the services of his units as a part-time Rescue Team to raise some funds quickly.

In comparison… Fontaine had a ridiculously large military force. A force that was mostly fighting itself and the citizenry at the moment, just to hold Fontaine. They held a waterfront region, had underwater food resources and a huge home field advantage in said region.

-Some hours later after lunch, Fields east of Helper’s Hamlet-

“Your welcome and thank you for keeping me busy!” I said as I took the payment for a job well done from the Miltank. Miltanks were really friendly cow monsters, but I think they wouldn’t be pushovers if they ever had to join in a fight.

Dolly looked up to me and seemed a little excited.

“So are we going try your idea for a new technique?” Dolly seemed excited to help me with some new fighting styles and techniques.

“Yeah, I think it’s time to do that. Let’s go Dolly.” She seemed fairly excited for helping me with a new technique.

-Some hours of montage level training later, Dolly-

“Are you okay?” Pom asked with her back to me, her right hoof glowing. She was doing magic not with just her wool, but with her body as well. Combining the magic of her wool and the magic of her body into a single powerful attack was rather cool.

“Yeah, I can keep going.” Though I was covered in bruises and Pom was quite concerned if I could keep going, if I wasn’t blocking with my board then I would be doing far worse off. Who knew constant shockwaves could hurt so much?

Pom nodded and I hopped into the air, Pom spun around, the wool around her left hind leg sprung into the ground launching her forward. Her right hoof thrust forward and, upon impact, released a wool based Thousand Spears that knocked me back slightly and I tried to absorb the momentum of the blow.

Pom’s left hoof braced her right leg still held straight out and then this next part still confuses me as to how she does it. But it happened when she shouted…

“Buster Wolf!” Angling my board downwards, I saw something vaguely wolf shaped mass of energy spike up at me, its maw and claws scrabbled at me violently and sent me flying sky high.

Despite taking it all on the board, and having expected it completely this time, the energy splashed around the board and burnt and scratched into the fur of my front legs slightly. I flipped backwards absorbing the shock of the attack that I could and glided back to Pom.

After landing I noticed something about my board that freaked me out slightly.

“Pom… how do you see you’re attack again?” I had to ask this slowly and not make any sudden moves, I was connected to Pom and could even watch her launch the attack from her own eyes. What she was seeing and what I was seeing were two different things entirely, I actually had proof to back up what I’ve seen.

“A lunging right or left straight with a Thousand Spear on impact, followed by a concentrated explosion of energy upwards at a mostly forty five degree angle that widens and dissipates.” Well I seriously didn’t want to freak Pom out or worry her too much, but she had to see the evidence of that last attacks, before it disappears or something. “Why, what are you seeing?”

“I’m seeing you launch a wolf at me, every single time no less. Also look at my board.” I held my electrum coating skateboard out to Pom and she flinched at the sight. “There’s your proof of what I’m seeing isn’t just in my head Pom, also I’m going to send you the image my eyes caught as you launched it at me.”

I thought I had a pretty good imagination, but sending Pom the clear image of what I saw made her fall onto her butt with a wide eyed blank stare. After a few moments her eyes slowly tracked to my board and what was currently going on with it.

While Pom hadn’t damaged my board, and it was likely because she wasn’t intending to do damage being why it wasn’t badly scratched, we could see the aftereffects of the attack on it.

Across the top of my board were six intersecting marks, three curving inwards from each side and overlapping them was two lumpy looking U shapes that were definitely shaped like a wolf’s attempt to bite straight through my board. All of the markings were glowing and slowly fading away, not a scratch on my board, but I felt something like raw tenacity coming from the energy and I wonder if Ocellus would feel the same thing.

Being a part of Pom’s family wasn’t going to be easy, mostly because I wanted to keep Pom alive, but it was worth it to see radical stuff like this in action.

“Maybe… we should switch to my Alpha Lambkin style and get off the Buster Wolf technique for a while…” Alpha Lambkin was right, an aggressive defensive style where Pom claws or hits with her hooves with highly stunning swift blows that can also deflect, evade or immediately block straight into her counters are pretty powerful already, but with Pom in wolf mode? There was an interesting combo in the style she was making and Pom has been working on her speed, like she needed any more if she were to do a Dancing Flame burst and dog god of Sirius help you if she was to do that while lit on fire. “I don’t want to bring this up, but after seeing Dazzle do her Flame Burst move a few times… I think I can even replicate that move with my bark blast to possibly do a ranged Buster Wolf… and I can possibly combine it with my ‘Matchstick’ technique to create a burning variant, but let’s hold off on attempting that until I need to do it. I’m getting kind of terrified of the implications if I am actually firing magical wolves off like you say when doing a Buster Wolf, the idea that I can do ‘that’ at range... still… much better to have that idea and not need it, than not have it and need it.”

“You think your scared Pom? I think it’s kind of wicked awesome! Sure it is really scary that your explosions look like wolves to me and it just looks like raw energy to you. You doing a ranged version that to launch wolves at people with that kind of power… is haunting the word for it?” We both shivered, though I still kind of wanted to see that in action. “Yeah, that’s going to be something you’ll want to use a training dummy for and not my endurance training.”

“You know what, I think I’m going to call it with training today… let’s go do a few more jobs to build supplies for dealing with Fontaine’s situation.” Everything Pom felt, I could feel. She was quite nervous about getting stronger this quickly, she really doesn’t want power to go to her head even if her intelligence and ability to think fast is one of her greatest strengths. “I’m going to want a reviver seed for everyone on our team. Having used one, I know they are very effective in what they do.”

Taking a moment I asked Pom for the information of how that reviver seed felt mentally, she gave it to me and I reeled at how much pain Pom was in before it ended and the seed activated to revive her against Cu Chulainn.

“Yeah, it was like that Dolly.” She said to me and ran a gentle hoof down my back to calm me down. She went from agony to feeling fine in seconds, this world really was spooky sometimes… going to miss enjoying Halloween back home. At least Nightmare Nights I’ve heard about should be close enough right?

-Some hours later, Smolder-

I finished carrying a crate, food supplies for the water Pokémon currently holding Fontaine and part of the preparations for the big battle so that all the Pokémon involved would have the energy for it. It seems Pom lit a big fire under Aurora’s butt just be being nice and friendly with asking what she could do to help and a list of items.

The Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalants were gathering a lot of stuff to aid their poor beleaguered neighbors in Fontaine and would even move it themselves. It was their idea to donate to the cause, because anything that could control that many Pokémon needed to be taken down and they were happy and willing to share the surplus of their resources.

Maiden Jig was running about and doing her job as the head of logistics for keeping this kingdom going, as much of a kingdom as it was before King Evan hit something of a stride that made him become acknowledge by the people of Aurora.

Ms. Chan was already helping any Fontaine Pokémon refugees that came in heal up for what was coming ahead, whether they were going to stick in Aurora until the trouble is dealt with or go into battle on the front lines. Ms. Chan was a busy Pokémon, but as busy as she was… when Pokémon that had healing moves heard of her plight, many came in as volunteers to assist with getting their neighboring kingdoms warriors on their feet.

I loaded the crate and motioned to the nearby buffalo, bull and cow monsters with a smile. We were creating a supply line to Fontaine, Pokémon were congregating and assisting those less fortunate from Fontaine or were comforting those who lost family in the fighting the mind controlling entity behind all this caused. At this point the Flabebe and Oddish Pom had met were proving their worth at easing the tension.

I looked around and what was once a bunch of Pokémon lazing about in farming fields suddenly came alive with activity and a purpose. It wasn’t long after King Evan declared his intent to help their allies of Fontaine that things really kicked into high gear around here, even King Evan was pitching in with preparing things.

The whismur colony were of course suspicious, but even they were roped into helping out and at some point one of them made a Bidoof hear the word ‘rebuid’ and ‘Fontaine’ in the same sentence.

Thus began the mobilization of the Bidoof Building corps who wanted to do something, so I gave them suggestions of siege engines or mobile fortifications for a huge battle before rebuilding Fontaine. That’s when they all went a bit berserk after vibrating slightly and began bouncing off the walls… don’t know what they were doing right now and I don’t rightly care, I wasn’t going to be blamed for whatever those guys got up to now.

I was going to hang with Ocellus, Shanty, Dodo and Shine for a bit.

“Come to think of it, I can see why Aurora is called the ‘Kingdom of Dawn’ now.” I said as I passed by several Pokémon.

“What makes you say that?” Ocellus said as she wandered up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

“The Pokémon of Aurora just seemed so lazy to me before, kind of like dragons and our love of sleeping.” However like dragons… my mind trailed on the thought. “This entire kingdom seems like it just woke up and now they all move like the elements of harmony were used on them. So like the dawn rises, the people wake from their slumbers and go to work. It’s kind of impressive just how many Pokémon are coming together for this, give them a challenge and they rise to the occasion.”

“That’s rather poetic Smol, now come on I need your help with something.” Of course I wouldn’t say no after you plied me with a kiss Ocellus, you were a dangerous dragon charmer that knew everything about me. You were also adorable and silly, my favorite things. “We need to reorganize the bathhouses a bit because Eriflamb is a little overworked with helping Pokémon, not to mention Fiffo and Foffo are running everywhere to help as many as they can. We’ll also need to get a list of refugees who are coming here for medical help and we have to make sure the Kecleon merchants aren’t doing anything suspect.”

“Lots of stuff, so little time huh.” I looked to the south and wondered just how big could this battle really be?

-A few days’ later, southern edge of Southern Fontaine Forest, Ocellus-

The opposing force ran out of the water and then froze, the red glowing eyes went wide as they saw a Bidoof sitting in front of a large wooden fortress close to the edge of the peninsula.

“Build.” The Bidoof stated calmly and then quite a few of the mind control Pokémon fell into pit traps.

Hundreds of normal, water and miscellaneous type Pokémon sat quietly waiting, this was going to be far bigger than the battle of Elhorn. King Evan and Motochika were standing on the wall of the quickly built fortress, the controlling entity had taken it’s time with building a reprisal for the retaking of Fontaine. It was more than enough time for us to set up at the southern end of the forest south of Fontaine Castle proper.

“So all of you are the problem, stealing all my lovely subjects full of ever loyal blood away from me, who are you to stop the new Queen of this very country?!” We heard that vile voice from across the battlefield as something was pulled from the water by larger Pokémon, it belonged to what was called a Primarina sitting on a gaudy clamshell shaped stage with colorful lights sweeping the sky, her eyes were the only ones not glowing among the controlled they seemed slit and unnatural and the shadows she cast in the lights were disturbingly demonic in appearance. Behind her was the huge dark castle that had risen from the sea and our primary target. “The great and beloved, the ever wonderful and forgiving Elizabeth Bathory will forgive you if you give up this act of rebellion against my beautiful and noble personage! Just make sure everything you own is all mine and then we can move on with our lives with me running the show… okay? Otherwise I’m going to enjoy the bloodbath that happens here EHAHAHA!”

“This is going to get messy really fast, hopefully Greenleaf and Ignis were still too busy with their problems to bother Aurora or Fontaine with what’s happening here.” I said to Smolder as Evan and Motochika prepped their armies.

The Dutiful Duck Battalion was at full strength and ready to fight the thing that gave them a worse headache than they usually had.

A Loudred, the evolution of a whismur, stalked forward. Evan put a paw on his back. Loudred were twice the size of a Whismur and had two large biological speaker phones for ears and if you put a limb on them you can talk through them like a megaphone.

“Elizabeth Bathory, I will not cherish having to fight you!” King Evan was going to ask nicely first and tried the peaceful option as the Loudred sent his voice across the field. “Can you please give up and release those under your control?”

“No… because then I wouldn’t be able to bathe in the blood of my beloved subjects, the happy puppets that they are, but I can give you a song and make you all mine anyway!” Several Pokémon showed up and they looked to be musically inclined Pokémon. “Soft hearts like yours always spouts the greatest amount of blood if stabbed correctly, hit it!”

Music started playing and Elizabeth Bathory held up her microphone to prepare herself to start singing, I dropped my copy of Grit’s far seeing eyes and turned to Motochika already getting ready to counter the musical assault as both armies charged one another.

I glanced at where Pom was waiting with Shanty, Dolly and Dodo, they were to circumnavigate the battlefield from the grasslands to the sandy beach and across the ocean, with several specially picked water type teams by Motochika himself, and enter into the castle to rescue everyone they could that was in there before we can think of collapsing it.

Captain Skeeball was oddly staring at one of the whale Pokémon with a fierce look marring her normally cheerful face, she would soon be on the frontlines and was going to be going full tilt for Bathory once the battle started and we opened the fortress gates. I don’t envy her, she would be leading the charge straight into this mess.

This would be a sad battle to remember, the cause of it being that blue and white odd mer-pony looking Pokémon with the long light blue hair and a devilish grin and an equally evil feeling disposition.

Malice like that simply couldn’t be hidden from my senses.

Author's Note:

As this is the month of monsters, we need a 'real' monster to fight.

PreviousChapters Next