• Published 23rd Apr 2021
  • 1,339 Views, 119 Comments

Of War and Ponies - The Loner

Comments ( 5 )

Up until now, it feels like most of the ponies have been looking at the events during WW2 through the lens of a 'friendship problem' or a 'lack of harmony'.

After learning about the sheer amount of bloodshed and the Holocaust, I think they'd be more inclined to believe that diplomacy won't be enough.

I understand where the different species at the meeting are coming from when they were hesitant to get involved. Magic might be a great weapon that human militaries won't have a response to but the species that can't use magic would be out of luck when confronted with millions of soldiers armed with rifles.

---

I wonder how the ponies would feel about the end of the war.

My best guess is that they'd be elated that different countries were able to cooperate to take down Germany, they'd be shocked and horrified at nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and then saddened that after winning the war the US and the USSR immediately turned on each other.

Excellent work keep it up

Equestria’s entry into the war is in sight.

Luna's Dream sequence needs a little bit of polishing, and context. The whole scene had me very confused.

11745335
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to address that when I have a chance between my other stories.

Login or register to comment