• Published 19th Jul 2020
  • 7,285 Views, 259 Comments

Sunset's Trial - Zerocool7785



It's just after the Fall Formal and Sunset Shimmer must come to terms with everything she has done.

  • ...
26
 259
 7,285

From sleepover to hangover

Author's Note:

Please as always review. I need vindication from the internet.

“Okay so you got your Jeans, your t-shirt, your bra and panties and socks for tomorrow. For tonight we got your toothbrush and toothpaste. Why do you have Shampoo and Body Wash?” You're gonna shower at Pinkie’s?” Fluttershy asked.

“No, at Chrysalis’s house tomorrow. Oh I better text and ask Chrys if that’s ok. “ Sunset said, grabbing her phone. She quickly texted Chrys about showering there tomorrow.

Why they waited for Chrys to respond, Sunset was finishing her packing by putting her Pajamas in the overnight bag. They got a sleeping bag out that Luna happened to have, and Sunset grabbed her pillow.

“Ok you got your clothes for tomorrow and your Pajamas for tonight and your toiletries for the night and tomorrow. That’s all you really need so did Chrys text back?” Fluttershy asked.

“She did and yes it’s ok.” Sunset said, picking up her backpack.

“Wait let me text Pinkie and make sure she’s ready for us, you don’t want to show up before the hostess is ready.” Fluttershy told her. Fluttershy texted Pinkie and got a response back to be there a little bit after six, she said the Jello should be ready by then.” Fluttershy said.

Sunset peaked out in the hall, Luna was in the living room. She closed the door to her bedroom.

“Fluttershy, I am kinda worried, do you guys always do this at a sleepover-you know, drink?” Sunset asked.

“No but we can handle some Jello Shots, some cider, wine and beer. I am sure we're gonna be fine.” Fluttershy reassured her.

“Ok but what do we do in the meantime, until six?” Sure we need to factor in how long it will take Luna to drive us over there but...now what do we do?” Asked Sunset

“Well you got a nice set-up in your room, why don’t we sit here on your bed and watch some tv.” Fluttershy suggested.

“Yeah you want something to drink while we chill?” Asked Sunset.

“Ok what do you have?” Asked Fluttershy in reply.

“Well let’s head to the fridge and see what we got.” Sunset told her. The girls headed over to the fridge and Sunset opened it up.

“Ok we got some Soda, OJ, Purple Stuff, Sunny D…” Sunset began rattling off what they had.

“Sunny D would be great Sunset, let’s have a glass of that and watch some TV and relax.” Fluttershy said.

“You know Fluttershy, I always wanted to be able to do this, just hang out with someone my own age and just chill.” Sunset said, smiling.

“If you had been nice to us from the beginning you could have done that already.” Fluttershy told her.

Sunset’s smile immediately faded and she just looked down, Fluttershy then realized what she just said and how it sounded.

“I’m sorry Sunset I didn’t mean it the way it sounded.” Fluttershy said.

“It’s ok I know but now everyone hates me and I see why. I’m a monster, one minute I want to cry, the next I want to scream. I’m so mad at myself, that I end up taking it out on Luna, when in reality I really care about her. I should be thanking her.” Sunset said looking down while walking into her room.

“Sunset, why don’t you go right now while we have time and thank Luna for everything, I’ll give you some time to tell her.” Fluttershy said.

“Um ok, what would you like to watch?” Asked Sunset.

“My favorite channels are Animal Planet and/or Nat Geo Wild.” Fluttershy said blushing slightly.

Sunset turned on the TV and then the satellite, “Channel 184, or Channel 197 take your pick Fluttershy, I’ll be back in a few.” Sunset told her.

Sunset went and found Luna sitting in the living room watching the news. Sunset went and climbed up in her lap and hugged her. Luna hugged her.

“Are you sure you want to do this when you have a guest here?” Luna whispered.

“Fluttershy is giving me a few minutes and she was right.” Sunset said laying her head on Luna’s shoulder.

“Right about what honey?” Asked Luna.

Sunset just sat there and a second and then spoke up. “Luna, thank you for taking me in, giving me a place to sleep, food to eat, and just taking care of me in general. Thank you so, so much.” Sunset said holding Luna tightly.

Luna smiled and even beamed at Sunset’s comment. For right then and there everything else vanished and Luna almost cried in happiness and then after an extended hug, Luna let Sunset up.

“O.K. You and Fluttershy get ready I’ll take you over to Pinkie Pie’s.” Luna said.

Sunset and Fluttershy gulped down their drinks, turned off the TV, and got their bags this was going to be a good night. At least that’s what Sunset hoped.

* * *

Luna and the girls arrived at Pinkie Pie’s house and Fluttershy and Sunset hopped out of the car.

“Sunset.” Luna called her over to the car.

“What I gotta go?” Sunset insisted.

“Two things, behave yourself and I love you, have a great night.” Luna told Sunset and with a wave goodbye. Sunset returned the wave with a smile. Luna drove off with tears in her eyes. Sunset ran over to catch up with Fluttershy as she rang the doorbell.

“Sunset you made it. I am so so glad. You see when you said you never been to a sleepover, or had friends, that made me very sad, so I was like I got to have a slumber party for Sunset because it must be lonely and now..” Pinkie started rambling.

“Ok Pinkie I get it you did this for me, and yes thank you.” Sunset replied covering PInkie’s mouth.

“Well you two are the first to arrive so let's head to my room and set up for the night. The Jello shots are almost ready. You know it only takes 5 mins to make and that is really quick, but an hour and half or more to set and that’s really long and boring.” Pinkie rambled. Just then the doorbell rang.

“More guests!!” Pinkie exclaimed and ran off.

“Fluttershy I really like you guys, but does she have an off switch?” Sunset asked innocently.

“Sunset that’s just Pinkie you guess used to her after a while.” Fluttershy said.

“Howdy thar Pinkie.” Came a voice from the front door.

“Sounds like Applejack is here.” Sunset said.

A few seconds later Applejack came in the room with Pinkie right behind her.

“Howdy Sunset, glad to see you could make it, sugarcube.” Applejack said as she unrolled her sleeping bag at the foot of the bed.

“Oh we can set up now?” Sunset asked, kind of confused as to how they did sleepovers.

“Of course you can, silly.” Pinkie said.

Sunset unrolled her sleeping bag off to the side a lil bit and laid down her pillow following what Applejack did. Then Pinkie brought in the tray of Jello shots.

“Now we are gonna wait until our last two guests arrive…”Pinkie began when the doorbell rang again Pinkie was gone in a blur.

“Fluttershy you don’t have a sleeping bag.” Sunset noticed.

“No PInkie usually either gives me her bed or I can take the couch cushions, like I’m gonna do tonight.” Fluttershy explained.

Pinkie came in right after with Rarity.

“Hello Darlings, ah Sunset good to see you made it.” Rarity said giving Sunset a hug.

“Guys while we wait for Rainbow Dash, did everyone bring their stash?” Pinkie asked quietly, closing the door.

“I brought in two bottles of Cider.” Applejack said, taking the plastic bottles out of her bag. “Granny Smith thought I was bringing root beer.

“Well I got a bottle of wine my parents stash, Sweetie Belle almost caught me, but it will be worth it, when we get this open. ”Rarity said, unrolling her sleeping bag.

Just then the doorbell rang and Pinkie disappeared in a blur. She came back a second later with Rainbow Dash, who saw all the alcohol containers on the floor.

“Hey don’t get started without me!” Rainbow said, opening her jacket and taking out four bottles of beer.

“Don’t worry guys it’s cold, I had to wait until my ‘rents wasn't looking. But I got several, enough my dad won’t notice.” Rainbow continued.

“Well let's get this party started!!” Exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

Rarity went to open the wine when Pinkie stopped her.

“Jello shots first as they are freshly chilled, then we can hit the other stuff”.

Pinkie passed the tray around and everyone grabbed a shot, even Sunset after some hesitation. All the girls down the shots, even Sunset (again after some hesitation.) After three rounds of shots the tray was empty PInkie took it to the kitchen. She rushed back to see Rainbow and Applejack about to begin their usual video game competition that Pinkie always enjoyed.

Rarity went and did her nails and offered to do the same with Fluttershy which she accepted as she liked how Rarity always did the designs on her nails.

Sunset went to watch the video game competition, Chrys was gonna teach her tomorrow how to play, but wanted to watch tonight.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack began as always in some fighting game, Rainbow Dash seemed to start off strong, but Applejack came back. Rainbow Dash stretched out her legs but Applejack was wise to her tricks.

“Rainbow don’t you dare unplug my controller wit’ your foot thar.” Applejack said.

“What? That was an accident.” Rainbow protested.

“Three times, ah you're sure about that.” Applejack replied.

“Pinkie took her laptop out. OK guys PIZZA TIME!!” Who wants what?” Pinkie exclaimed.
Answers flew from around the room.” Pepperoni, Sausage, Extra cheese, Plain.”

“Okie Dokie Lokie!!” Pinkie exclaimed and quickly ordered a bunch of pizzas.
After Rainbow Dash lost on the video game. She cracked open a beer and
asked if any one else wanted any. She passed it around and Rarity said she was gonna stay with the wine Sunset, took a swig and recoiled.

“Yeah Sunset beer is an acquired taste, you kinda got to get used to it.” Rainbow told her.

“Here, try the wine. It's much better.” Rarity offered Sunset after having some herself.

“Thanks Rare that does taste better.” Sunset said.

“It’s Italian Swiss Colony, it’s imported.” Rarity told her.

“Guys I got some Twinkies. Does anyone want one?” Fluttershy asked.

“Twinkies and wine that’s real class Fluttershy.” Said Pinkie taking a swig of wine herself.

Fluttershy grabbed the bottle of wine and pointed at the label “It says right here it is a dessert wine.”

“Whatever you two. Wait until you try this stuff.” Applejack putting the cider in the middle of the girls..

“It’s an Apple family recipe.” Applejack handed it to Sunset.

Sunset opened it and sniffed it, then took a swig “Whoa, that stuff isn't for the young.” Sunset said.

“Apple family recipe.” Applejack said.

“Pinkie the pizza you ordered is here, and dripping grease on my shoes.” Said Pinkie’s older sister Maude in a flat tone holding several pizza boxes.

“Thanks Maude.” Said Pinkie grabbing the pizza boxes. The girls got up and followed Pinkie into the kitchen except Sunset.

“Sunset you coming?” Asked Fluttershy.

“I’m not feeling too well.” Sunset replied

“Sunset you're not used to the alcohol, I’m a little buzzed too, but the Pizza will help soak up alcohol. Come on I’ll help you out.” Fluttershy said, helping Sunset to the kitchen.

As the night went on a lot of Pizza was consumed and more wine, beer, and even some cider (most girls agreed it was strong) was consumed.

At one point Pinkie went to get the couch cushions for Fluttershy and tossed them on the bed, then went to lay on them

“Pinkie those are for me Ha, Ha, Hehe.” Fluttershy said feeling the effects of the alcohol. All the girls got hysterical after that. Pinkie tossed the cushions on the floor.

The girls all passed out around midnight. Sunset had her phone right by her ear so when Chrys called in the morning she would hear it.

* * *

A little before 9 A.M. the next morning Sunset’s phone went off. The other girls didn’t move. Sunset silenced the phone and crept out of the bedroom. Once in Pinkie’s bathroom, she answered the phone.

“Hello” Sunset said groggily.

“Morning Sunshine, why don’t you go ahead and get ready gonna pick you up soon on my motorcycle, we can head out and get breakfast.” Chrys said cheerfully.

The idea of food turned Sunset's stomach.

“O.K. Chrys I’ll get dressed. Can I clean up at your place?” Sunset feeling like death warmed over.

“Um sure I said you could yesterday. Sunset are you ok?” Chrys said feeling something was off.

Sunset felt like she was gonna get sick any moment, and her head was pounding and she was tired as hell. Still tried as fast as she could to get her jeans on and her t-shirt and boots.

She tried to wake up Pinkie Pie to say goodbye, but Pinkie just rolled over and went back to sleep. Sunset noticed everyone else was asleep. So she grabbed her bag and sleeping bag and slipped out as quietly as she could.

She was trying to tie up her bag outside on the front steps when Chrys roared up on her Kawasaki Ninja Motorcycle. To Sunset it was like a damn train going right by her.

“HEY KIDDO!!” Chrys said kinda loud.

She noticed that Sunset cringed and held her head as she was still trying to tie up her sleeping bag.

“Hold on kid, look at me.” Chyrs said.

She studied Sunset's features. Bloodshot eyes, Sunst also seemed lethargic, and seemed like she had a bad headache, she was also sweating, and Chrys asked her about breakfast and Sunset almost turned green. She could also smell alcohol on her breath. Chrys knew it right away.

“Welcome to the best part of getting drunk, Sunset. The hangover. What happened last night?” Chrys asked her.

“I had beer, wine, Jello shots, and some cider. Sunset said.

“I was gonna take you out for breakfast, but I think it’s better I go home and get the car.” Chrys said.

“Am I gonna get punished?” Sunset asked.

“Not by me, as for Luna, I will make sure she doesn't go overboard on you on you.” Chrys said.

“Let’s just get on the motorcycle.” Sunset said.

“Sunset you’re in no condition to ride with me. Stay here . I will go home and get the car.” Chrys said.

Sunset sat on the front steps and Chrys rode off, getting home was easy, getting the car out on the road was fine, but the streets were the problem as they were jam packed on this Saturday. Eventually Chrys got back to Sunset who was sitting on the front steps with a hungover Applejack.

“MORNING YOU TWO!!” Chrys said loudly,
“Arrghh” Applejack moaned holding her head and then her stomach.
“Welcome to the best part of drinking Applejack, the hangover.” Chrys said.
“Come on Sunset in the back, Applejack do you need a ride?” Chrys asked.
“No Big Mac is on his way to get me, Granny Smith is gonna kill me.” Applejack said.
“If you are sure.” Chrys said. Applejack gave her an ok sign. Sunset got in the back and passed out in the back seat. Chrys went and buckled her in. With that Chrys started up the car and headed towards her home.

The whole way home Chrys kept looking at the sleeping teen in the back seat. She felt so bad for Sunset. But this was a lesson only nature could teach, once you were hung over, it was something you never forgot.

After arriving at the house, Chrys went to the back seat and helped Sunset out of the car. Sunset was looking like she was gonna get sick any minute. Just as they got out of the car Sunset noticed Chrys’s Kawasaki Ninja parked next to her car there in the driveway.

“Yeah Sunset I didn’t have time to put it in the garage. Thank God it’s still here. I’ll move it inside after I get you settled.” Chrys told her.

Sunset took a few steps and took hold of the motorcycle. That was as far as she was gonna make it. Sunset’s stomach let loose and Sunset threw up all over Chrys's Kawasaki Ninja. When Sunset was done she was panting. Chrys was in shock.

“FOR CHRIST SAKE SUNSET, YOU COULDN’T TURN YOU HEAD OR SOMETHING. FORGET LAYING DOWN NOW. I WAS GONNA LET YOU DO THAT. YOU’RE NOW GONNA WASH THE DAMN BIKE.” Chrys yelled at Sunset.

“Get the hose out, I'll bring you a bucket of soapy water.” Chrys said a little more calm.

* * *
12 Hours earlier in an abandoned warehouse in the rundown section of Canterlot…

“Put the gun down, Gilda, we can at least act like civilized people.” Trixie said.

“I’m losing my second in command, who is gonna go running to Luna’s little FBI friend, now I can’t let that happen.” Gilda explained.

“I don’t know what your plan is…”Trixie began.

“Ha, Ha, Ha,” Gilda said sitting back down and leaning back in her chair. “Do I look like a girl with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do things.” Gilda went on.

Trixie looked confused. Gilda rolled her eyes and went on.

“Luna has plans, The Rainbooms have plans, Sunset’s got plans. They’re schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.” Gilda told her.

“You know what I noticed?” Gilda said motioning towards herself. “Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. Like if I said a criminal was gonna get shot well no one panics because it’s all part of the plan. But when I say a she-demon will get killed to save the students of CHS, well everyone loses their minds!!”

“I think you have lost your mind Gilda, if you kill Sunset, people will not see you as a white knight like you think you are.” Trixie told her.

“I want to introduce a little anarchy and upset the established order and then everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos: It’s fair.” Gilda finished.

Trixie stood there perplexed, Gilda was losing her grip on reality. Now she did fear for Sunset, but how to get out of here was the problem.

“The great and powerful Trixie gets it Gilda.” Trixie proclaimed, when in reality she had no idea where Gilda just went with her rant.

“Still want to leave Trixie?” Gilda asked, letting hammer up on the gun.

“No. I mean for the night yes, but not the operation no.” Trixie lied to her.

“Good, you’re dismissed.” Gilda said putting the gun away.

“Good Night Gilda.” Trixie said. She hurried out of that area and went to quickly try to find Sunset and Luna.