• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 1,236 Views, 19 Comments

Lilac Wine - Closer-To-The-Sun



Pokey Pierce is having a normal evening with his friends until he encounters a unique pony. This pony seems to be a bit more tipsy than most.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,236

Ch. 8 Fools In Love

Chapter 8: Fools In Love

The next morning, Berry Punch woke up on Pokey's bed. Rubbing her pounding head, the mare dragged herself out into the living room where she saw the blue unicorn on the couch.

Pokey turned to see Berry enter the room, "Good morning, Berry. How did you sleep?"

Berry smiled, despite the pain in her head, "Fine, thank you. And I'm sorry for any problems last night. I only remember bits and pieces right now, so please do forgive me." She trotted over to the couch and sat, placing a hoof up to her head.

"It's not a problem. I'll make us some tea, that should help," the stallion stood up and trotted to heat some water up.

"Thank you again," Berry spoke, "Could you perhaps fill me in on what happened last night? As embarrassing as it sounds, I kind of forgot after I left the Salt Lick."

Using his magic, Pokey got a couple of cups for the tea as well as the bags, "From what you told me, you were looking for me for some reason or another. You made it to my home around midnight and told me you were looking for me, while intoxicated I should add." He poured the hot water into the cups and the placed a bag in each cup before levitating the cups over to the couch.

Berry's expression was one of complete embarrassment, "Oh goodness, I'm really sorry to have to trouble you so late." She took the cup of tea from Pokey, thanking him before taking a much-needed sip.

"Feeling better?" Pokey asked before he took a sip himself.

The mare nodded, "It's certainly a start. Anything else happen by chance?"

"Actually yes," Pokey started. He was hesitant to continue, "After I suggested you get some rest, you….well….kind of surprised me."

Berry finished her sip and tilted her head slightly, "Oh dear, did I say something ridiculous again?"

Pokey was cautious about continuing, "Not so much. Well, you kind of….kissed me…." His head was turned away from Berry as his cheeks grew a pink tint to them.

"Wha wha what?!" the mare almost dropped her tea cup when she heard what the unicorn said. Her face was in utter shock and completely red.

A few moments of silence passed before Pokey continued, "Heh, yeah. You said that I was your 'knight in shimmering armor'. I think that was the alcohol talking."

Looking anywhere else to hide her blushing face, Berry replied, "Actually, no. You're a wonderful stallion, Pokey, and I really do like you. And I do mean what I said…. except that 'shimmering' part."

The blue stallion's ears perked up, "R-Really?"

Berry finally had the courage to turn her blushing face back to Pokey. With a nervous but sincere laugh, she nodded, "Yes, I do. I guess it was the wine that loosened me up to admit it, perhaps a bit too much. I know it sounds silly, but those really were my true feelings, Pokey. I really hope you don't hold it against me."

Pokey smiled back to Berry, "Well, you are a bit of a handful when you are inebriated, but I would be lying if I said these past few days were boring. I do like you too, Berry. Quite a bit."

Overcome with joy, Berry threw front limbs around Pokey's neck, discarding her cup and causing the unicorn to almost lose his, "I'm so happy. Thank you, Pokey, thank you."

Puzzled, Pokey asked, "Huh? For what?"

"Everything you've done for me. Just….everything."

END

Comments ( 6 )

Awwww. So cute. I liked this story. Sure, there could be a few improvements here and there, but overall, very nice and cute.
I approve. :moustache:

You need to add an epilogue...

You should continue this, also can you make your chapters a little longer seems rushed

So cute! Well written, nice plot, (not that kind lol) and nice interpretation of how The Punch would be when drunk. I would say this is :rainbowkiss:-able. :yay:

You sir, gets a moustache for your goodness :moustache:

Login or register to comment