• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 1,236 Views, 19 Comments

Lilac Wine - Closer-To-The-Sun



Pokey Pierce is having a normal evening with his friends until he encounters a unique pony. This pony seems to be a bit more tipsy than most.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,236

Ch. 7 Underneath It All

Chapter 7: Underneath It All

After leaving the tavern and after Celestia's sun set on the horizon, Pokey made his way back to his home. Once inside of his small hom beyonde, he let out a loud sigh. Trotting to his bookshelf, he took down a book with his magic to read. Plopping down on his couch, he tried to get lost in his book, yet he was unable to. 'It seems kind of dull tonight,' the unicorn thought to himself, 'Maybe, Caramel is has a point. I mean, a broken clock is right twice a day.' Pokey laughed at his small joke about his friend. Finally, he was able to begin his reading.

A few hours later, there was a knocking at his door. Pokey placed his book down and went to the door.

"Coming," he called out and then spoke softly to himself, "Who could it be at this hour?"

Opening the door, he saw a very familiar, intoxicated mare.

"Oh Pokey, thank goodness it's finally you. The last four houses were very rude," Berry spoke in a very inebriated manner.

"Berry?" Pokey was worried as he was surprised.

The earth pony waved her hoof, "Hii~"

"How many glasses of wi-"

"Bottles," the mare corrected.

"How many bottles of wine did you have?"

With a brief pause, Berry thought before she answered, "I don't have that many hooves…."

Pokey decided to change the topic, "What are you doing here?"

"I was at the tavern, having a drink at seven. And then I thought, 'whoa, where's Pokey? He should, like, be here with me to drink with me, and to talk with me….and drink with me….' so I came out to find you."

"But it's almost midnight."

"I know right? I kept getting lost in the neighborhood near the tavern….and in the tavern…."

"Come inside, we such try to sober you up a bit," Pokey stepped aside to allow Berry Punch inside.

"Aww….do I have to be sober?" Berry stumbled her way in Pokey's home.

"At least get some sleep. Is that okay?" the unicorn asked.

"Okay…." Berry replied, sounding like a child that was told that she could only have one cookie. This made Pokey smile, admitting it was kind of cute.

The two ponies trotted to Pokey's bedroom. The blue colt figured it would be the same as last time: Berry would just be so tired that she would just fall asleep and he would go back out to the couch and sleep there.

Berry hopped onto Pokey's bed and sat up before speaking, "Sit."

"Huh? Um, okay. You want to talk?" Pokey sat down next to Berry on his bed.

The mare's response surprised Pokey. Berry leaned in towards the colt and kissed him right on his lips. With her eyes closed, she kissed the stunned and blushing unicorn, who was surprised that she was doing such. There was one thing that Pokey's mind could process during the kiss, and that was that the kiss tasted like fermented fruit.

When Berry finally broke the kiss, the mare looked up to Pokey and slurred her speech, "You're my knight in shimmering armor…."

Pokey, whose face was a bright red, tried to correct her grammar, "Um….d-don't you mean 'shinning' or something?"

Berry didn't reply. Instead, she snuggled up to Pokey's body where she quickly fell asleep. Her face seemed to have a content and comfortable expression as she slept against the unicorn.

With a soft sigh, Pokey couldn't help but smile and give a quiet laugh, "You're just like a little filly underneath it all."