• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 4,323 Views, 12 Comments

Wandering Star - Closer-To-The-Sun



Princess Luna makes a visit to Ponyville to connect with the common pony. Yet, it seems there is a particular pony that she takes notice of.

  • ...
2
 12
 4,323

Ch. 4 Let's Spend The Night Together

Chapter 4: Let's Spend The Night Together

"Evenin' Miss Twilight. Would Miss Luna happen ta be here?" the red stallion asked Twilight Sparkle from the other end of the doorway.

"Um, yes, she is actually, Big Mac," Twilight replied.

Big Macintosh seemed to be flustered about the conformation. This echoed in his voice, "A-Ah see…."

The purple unicorn quickly pieced the puzzle together. "Big Mac, please come in."

The stallion did as he was instructed and entered the library. It didn't take long for Big Mac's and Luna's eyes to meet each other. As their gaze met each other, both quickly looked away and blushed heavily.

Twilight Sparkle's let out a frustrated sigh, "Look, let's just cut to the chase here, alright? I really don't want this to have any confusion like in some bad romance novel. Big Mac, you go first."

Being placed on the spot, Big Mac began to shake a little, "Uh….M-Miss Luna….A-Ah'm not sure how ta really say this ta anypony or such, but….Ah have ta admit that Ah'm fond of ya….well….more than fond of…."

Big Mac looked away from Luna. His face was blushing heavily. The princess, still on the couch, was staring at Big Mac, surprised that he was very forward with his feelings. Her face was extremely red as she stood up on her hooves. She slowly trotted towards Big Mac, whose eyes were closed.

Not hearing a reply, the red stallion continued with his eyes still closed, "Ah understand if this is sudden an' all, yer highness. Ah'm sorry…."

Big Mac finally did get a reply from the princess. Not by words, however, but by two hooves placed on his back. He turned to see that Luna had draped her front limbs across this back. While her face was still burning red, it had a warm smile.

"Now what is it that you are sorry for?" Princess Luna asked.

The princess's smile had rubbed off onto Big Mac, "Well, tha-"

Luna placed one of her hooves on Big Mac to stop him, "You have no reason to be apologetic."

Big Mac smiled again back to Luna, "Well, how about ah take ya out fer a simple date around Ponyville, Miss Luna?"

The smile on Luna's face grew larger at the offer. Big Mac and Luna then left the library together. Twilight Sparkle, who was standing off to the side as the two spoke with each other, closed the door after they left.

She smiled to herself, "You know, they're not a bad couple. I've read about worse romances."

END

Comments ( 8 )

That was cute :rainbowkiss:

Short. But sweet. :rainbowkiss:

Take this :yay: and feel praised!

That last line is totally true.:twilightsmile: I hope somebody else does a MacxLuna story that is longer and goes more in depth with their relationship

it was a fairly good short fic... Could've been longer in the details or the story-line (more conflict and length I mean), but otherwise, it was a good read

How could I have missed it ? It was so obvious and I didn't think of it. Mac, Luna, and Flutters, are the most subdued of the subdued characters. I was so taken up with FlutterMac, that I couldn't imagine Luna developing an interest in Mac as well. The three of them each have their own form of shyness. Each needs to develop some kind of friendship with other ponies. This could be a very dynamic romantic triangle, if handled in the right way, with the help and support of all their friends. I see great things ahead for them.

Login or register to comment