• Published 13th Apr 2020
  • 4,484 Views, 115 Comments

My Chemistry Teacher. (Fluttercord AU) - MinionsFanatic



Her lifetime dream was to become a veterinarian. He just wanted a second chance to start again. Neither of them thought this would happen, but it did. Now what? Just Keep Calm and Fall in Love.

  • ...
3
 115
 4,484

Chapter IX: The night of our lives (Part I)

He didn't like many things, but the one thing that he hated the most was when his plans got changed. He was supposed to be a chaperone for the Gala night, but because of some other teacher, he couldn't. That was the perfect night to sneak into the Dean's archives and find that traitor once and for all.

One would think he would run into him at some point, but this college was bigger than it looked. After all those gym classes he had, the lunch breaks, and teacher's meetings; NOTHING. Not a single trance of him! And he couldn't ask around, it would have looked too suspicious. Not to mention, the bastard probably changed his name.

Well, he couldn't complain that much. There were some pretty attractive young ladies to stare at in all those classes. Oh, what he could do to every single one of them. Bet they would look amazing dancing on the pole. And then, he remembered last class, with that particular group of students showing up. Some weird girls, one of them loving the running exercise, some others just kept staring at him; some flirty others curious. But there was one of them that caught his attention. A beautiful young girl, with light pink hair and an innocent attitude. He loved good girls because he knew how to make bad girls out of them. He couldn't stop picturing her. Those were the times...

Until that traitor ruined everything.

Sombra began to shake off anger a little, but he had to keep it together. At least for now, he was still in the field. He will find him. But in the meantime, he was gonna have some well-deserved fun... starting with that little pretty lady.


Discord looked around him. He was in a... garden? No, a park! It was a huge park! There was not a soul there, just him and the sound of the birds singing. Then he heard a sweet humming from behind, like a beautiful little melody calling him from afar. He turned around, trying to look for the origin of that sound. He ran towards it and suddenly stopped.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. There was Fluttershy, wearing a simple white yellow dress, standing a few feet in front of her. She was playfully looking at him, walking toward him. Discord was frozen, staring at her in awe. It felt like the whole world has just disappeared. When she was finally in front of him, he tried to talk, say anything, but before he knew it, she grabbed his face gently and pressed her forehead against his. The two of them were staring at each other's eyes.

Fluttershy's eyes were like a teal ocean, where he could swim in forever. Discord's eyes were red as rubies, and she got lost in its intensity. They stayed that way for what felt like an eternity, but then Fluttershy's eyes started to close and she began to lean in slowly. Discord, to his surprise, didn't panic, didn't pull away. He didn't even care if anyone could see them, he didn't care if she was his student or if what they were doing was wrong, he couldn't resist anymore. So finally relieved of all guilt, he wrapped his arms around her back and waist, pressed her against his chest, and started to lean in too. Their lips were only inches away, allowing them to feel each other's breath.


Discord was hugging his pillow tight as he was kissing it passionately. Smooze could hear the moans from his master as he continued his make-out session with the pillow. The puppy just rolled his eyes hopelessly and covered his ears with his little paws, trying to ignore his master's moans.

After a few minutes of kissing noises, Discord opened his eyes; wanting to see Fluttershy's beautiful face; only to realize he was hugging a pillow covered in saliva. His eyes widened and threw the pillow away from him.

"GAH!"

He sat on his bed, shocked, looking at the pillow with wide eyes, and trying to catch his breath. Smooze just looked at him, with a deadpan face.

"Wha... What was that?!" Discord yelled, still shocked about what just happened. "Why... why did I dream that?"

"Gee, I don't know..." Smooze said on his mind. "Maybe because you're totally in love with this girl?!"

Discord stood up, still confused, and went to the bathroom. He took some water in his hands and washed his face. He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself again. He looked in the mirror.

"What is wrong with me?" he said, feeling a little ashamed, "Why would I dream that? She's my student for Pete's shake! And half my age! I can't be thinking about her this way!"

Smooze kept staring at him, with a "Seriously?" look. His owner meant well but he could be so blind sometimes.

Discord rubbed the bridge of this nose and sighed.

"Okay, I'll just... keep my distance for a while," he said. "Maybe this feeling will go away by the time of this whole 'Gala' thing... Hopefully."

Smooze barked and Discord looked at him. He carried him and went to the kitchen.

"Sorry, buddy," he said. "I'll make breakfast."

As Discord got on cooking, Smooze sat on the floor, smirking a little.

"Oh, he's gotta it bad..." the puppy said.


Two weeks have passed and the great night finally came. The gym was decorated, people were taking photos, the food and drinks were amazing and the music was just perfect for an entertainment environment. Everybody was ready for tonight; except for two people.

After their moment at the park weeks ago; and that dream Discord had; Discord and Fluttershy were acting awkward and weird towards one another. Even though Discord said he would try to keep his distance, it was hard with those conflicted feelings not only he was having.

Fluttershy tried not to look at him at Chemistry Class, Discord asked Celestia to let him leave class early some days, and their tea parties were cancelled a few times the last few days. It wasn't that they didn't want to see each other anymore, but they didn't know how to act 'normal' after the way they both have been feeling. They didn't want to give the wrong idea or say something weird, so avoiding each other was the best way; and by 'best', they meant easy, for a few days at least. But now, their plan was over.

The Gala was tonight! Whether they were ready or not, they were gonna see each other tonight. The tension, not to mention spark, between them was already awkward enough. Now being in fancy clothes, with music and dancing... This was going to be harder than they thought.


Fluttershy was hugging her pillow, with a smile on her face, as she was dreaming happily. Angel was with his arms crossed, with a annoyed olook in his face. He knew why her owner was so happy, and he hated it! He looked at her phone, seeing the time.

"Well, it's been more than 20 minutes. I'm calling it. " he said. He hopped off the bed and went to the alarm clock. He put it on sound on and it began ringing.

Fluttershy's eyes open widened, jumped off startled and almost fell out of bed. She looked around, trying to calm herself down. Angel turned off the alarm and went to her side.

"About time you woke up." he said, with his arms crossed.

"Angel!" Fluttershy yelled, mad. "Why on earth would you do that?! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Oh, your heart's been attacked alright" Angel replied. "Attacked by Cupid's stupid arrows! You dreamt about him, didn't you?!"

Fluttershy's face turn completely red. She turned around, trying to hide it, but it was so obvious.

"Um... who?"

"Oh, please! Don't play dumb! You're too smart for that!" Angel replied. "Fluttershy, this is serious! A crush is one thing, but this?! You haven't been focusing on your homework, you spend hours daydreaming while voluntering at the vet, you lie to you're parents when they asked you what's new on your weekly videocall, and worst, I... I feel like you've forgotten about me..."

Angel give his back to her, with his arms still crossed. Fluttershy looked at him, feeling guilty. He was right. This was more than a college crush, it has been for a while. Guess she just needed her trusty bunny to make her realize how these feelings have affected her. Her life and her relationship with her loved ones. Specially Angel.

Fluttershy grabbed gently Angel in her hands and hugged him. Angel stayed still for a while, but then he gave him and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry Angel. I really am." she said, still hugging him. "You're right. I have been distracted lately. Hiding this secret from my friends, my family, the rest of the students, and especially Discord. And I guess, since I don't hide it from you, I used our time together to daydream about my feelings. I've been so focused about what I'm gonna do, that I didn't give the atention you deserve. Can you forgive me?"

Angel pulled away and looked at her, smirking.

"Only on one condition." he said. "That you do something about the way you've been feeling about this guy! It's becoming more than obvious and you just can't keep it a secret forever!"

Fluttershy smiled and kissed him on his head.

"Of course." Fluttershy said. "I know Angel. I can't keep this up. It's been hard enough trying to avoid him the last few weeks. I'm having a hard time focusing on class, and I miss having tea parties with him. Or just talking to him. Oh, he must have been feeling so lonely lately. And I don't really have an excuse. I just hoped that, by not seeing him much, the feelings would go away, but they're stronger now! I miss him! So much! I think about him all the time! Wondering what he's doing or how is he feeling! What's wrong with me?"

Angel sighed and looked at her seriously.

"I'm afraid you're in love, Flutters." he said. "Whether you like it or not."

Fluttershy looked at him for a few seconds, and then shyly said. "I... I think I like it."

Angel smiled at her, actually happy for her. She returned the smile.

"So... no what?" the bunny asked.

Fluttershy closed her eyes, took a deep breath and sighed. She opened her eyes and looked back at him.

"Now, I get ready for the Gala tonight," she said as she got up. "And take a leap of faith."

"Wait, you mean... telling him how you feel?!" Angel asked concerned. "Not that I don't admire your new confidence, but isn't that like, a little too soon? You have just figured it out."

"Yeah, thanks to you." Fluttershy said, with a grateful tone. "But I've been feeling this way for a while, and now that I know for sure, I have to do something about it. I've let Discord think that I don't care about him anymore by trying to stay away from him. I have to makes things right, by being honest with him."

"And what if he doesn't feel the same?" Angel asked. "What about your friendship with him?"

"I've been keeping this hidden for so long." Fluttershy answered. "My heart can't take it anymore."

"But could it handle being broken?"

"Only one way to find out."

Angel looked at her owner shocked, and then smiled with pride. Then, he jumped next to her with determination.

"Well then." he said. "If you're gonna woo this guy, you need to look your very best! Lucky for you, that's where I shine. Let's get you ready for tonight!"

Fluttershy smiled at her bunny and the two fo them got to work.

"Oh, I forgot." Fluttershy said to Angel. "Since we're all gonna be back late, all the pets will stay at Pinkie Pie's place for the night."

"Wait, what?!" Angel yelled.


When Discord finnished making dinner, he gave Smooze his bowl and then sat down, still thinking about the way he was feeling these last few weeks. He felt guilty for avoiding Fluttershy lately, wondering what she must think about him, but he just couldn't act normal around her anymore. Everytime he looked at her, his palms would sweat and his heart would beat faster than a mouse's.

This has never happened to him before. Sure, he was a teenager once. He wasn't known only for his detention record, he was also considered as a bad boy, in high-school and college. Even after he dropped out. But then, he mature a little bit and learn the hard way that girls shoulnd't be treated that way. That they're not toys or play things, but people with feelings. Of course, he has never seen Fluttershy that way, on the contrary. He felt nothing but respect, admiration, compasion and love for the young girl. No, no girl. Flutterhsy was a beautiful and elegant young woman.

Hold on a minute! Did... did he just mentally said "love"? As in, romantically? As in, he's falling in LOVE with her? No! No, that can't be! Could it? He's never felt this way before. And besides, what's NOT to love about Fluttershy. She's not just beautiful, but kind, gentle, a great listener, adorable, funny and she accepts him for who he is, no judgement.

Well, at least, for what she knows.

Discord shiffted when that thought came to mind. So far, he has told Fluttershy about his panic attacks, about the bad decisions he's made and that he's seen horrible things on his past life, but that was it. Nothing specific about the things he saw, he knew, he did... Oh gosh, he did awful things... He didn't mean to. He didn't know any better, he didn't know what was really going on! And as soon as he figured it out, he ended it! He left it all behind. He has changed!

But would Fluttershy believe that?

He can't risk it. He's lucky enough to have her as a wonderful friend. He can't risk losing her for something about the past, something that has nothing to do with him anymore. But he has to tell her how he feels, right?

"Great!" Discord said sarcasticlly, "Now I have TWO secrets! Secrets are normal between friends, right?"

He looked down at Smooze, who was still eating his food with glee. Discord rolled his eyes.

"Never mind," he said, "I don't even now what to think or feel right now."

He then stood up, determined and said. "All I know is that this 'Gala' thing will be the perfect oportunity to figure out these feelings once and for all!"

Smooze looked up at him and rolled his eyes again. "This guy is hopeless."

"Now, I better go change." Discord said, going to his room. "Gotta look my best tonight! Oh, and, by the way Smooze, I might return late, so you're staying at Matilda's tonight."

Smooze eyes widened in worry. "No! No that old grumpy guy! He doesn't let me sit on the couch!"


It was finally night time; 7:30pm to be precise, and everyone was excited. The girls were at the limo that Twilight managed to rent thanks for her extra work at college, making their way to the gala. They were all set and ready for the best night of their lives. At least, most of them were feeling ready. Fluttershy was kind of out of it, staring at the window of the limo; still thinking about what she was gonna do about Discord. Her friends were too busy being excited to notice her concern.

"Ooooohhh! This is so exciting! Just a few more hours, and we'll be dancing at the Gala!" Pinkie said happily while fixing her curls.

"I just can NOT wait to show off my beautiful designs!" Rarity said while putting on makeup. "I've made them, especially for all of us!"

"And we appreciate it Rarity," said Twilight while combing her hair.

"I still CAN'T believe you guys ditched me for a bunch of guys!" Rainbow said while playing cards with AJ.

"Oh relax, Dash," Applejack replied. "Ah've already told ya, we can hang out together at the Gala."

"Could it be also after?" Dash asked. "I had plans after the Gala for all of us but now it's gonna go to waste."

"Sure."

Rarity smirked at what was going on in there, but just as she finished her makeup, she noticed Fluttershy in the reflection of her hand mirror. She turned around and saw her friend looking at the window, a little out of it. She stood up a little, without hitting her head, and walked to her.

"Fluttershy," Rarity asked touching her friend's shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"Oh, Rarity!" Fluttershy said surprised after turning her head around. "Y-yes... I'm fine... I was just... looking at those birds..."

Rarity sat next to her.

"Darling, you can tell us anything," she said. "We're your friends."

"Yeah, Flutters!" Rainbow said. "You've been off for the last weeks."

"I... I'm just... excited for the Gala." Fluttershy responded.

Pinkie gasped dramatically.

"OH... MY... GOSH..." she yelled "Fluttershy... do you have a... DATE?!"

The rest of the girls gasped too and looked directly at Fluttershy, who had her eyes widened and her face red.

"Um... Uh... I... I..." Fluttershy tried to say while trembling a little. "Oh dear, I think I just spill the beans."

"Woah... never thought THAT would happen," Rainbow commented.

"Rainbow!" Twilight yelled.

"What?" Rainbow said. "I didn't mean it like that. It's just... I didn't know you were interested in dating, Flutters,"

"I... I'm not!" Fluttershy said. "I-I mean,... I don't have a date... but..."

"But there IS someone you want to be with? At the gala, perhaps?" Rarity asked smirking.

Fluttershy just blushed, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Awwwwww..." Pinkie said. "That's so cute! Who's the lucky guy? Or gal? Are they from school? Do we know them? Do they feel the same?"

"Pinkie, calm down!" Applejack said covering her mouth with her hand. "One thing at a time!"

"First things first," Rarity said, sitting next to Fluttershy, who was still covering her face with his hands out of embarrassment. "Who are you so excited about seeing at the gala, darling?"

All her friends looked at her, waiting for an answer. Fluttershy began to panic. She has been caught. She couldn't hide it anymore. It became more than obvious that she was thinking about someone... they just COULDN'T know who! Not yet anyway. She has just decided what to do with this whole thing with Discord. She didn't like lying to them, but she couldn't tell them everything, not yet, at least.

She took a deep breath, calmed herself down, and looked at them, still waiting for her answer.

"I am hoping to see someone at the gala..." she said. "But I can't tell you who,"

"What?" Rainbow asked. "Why not?"

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, sugar," Applejack replied.

"Yeah. We're your friends. You can trust us," Twilight said.

"I do trust you, girls." Fluttershy said. "This has nothing to do with that. It's just... there are some things I need to clear out first."

"Oh, darling," Rarity said. "I completely understand what you're saying. You've never felt this before, and you don't want to get your hopes up. I've been there,"

"Really?" Rainbow asked. "When?"

"This is not about me!" Rarity answered. "The point is, figure out what you want with this misterious person and then, TELL US EVERYTHING!"

"Uh... sure," Fluttershy said timidly. "Thank you for understanding girls,"

"Of course," Twilight said. "Anytime. And besides, this night is to have fun, not to worry about things to work on."

"Woah, Twilight," Rainbow commented. "I think that's the first time I've heard you say that!"

"Well, get ready for some more!" she replied. "I've been practising some moves!"

"Yeah, can't wait to see THAT!" Pinkie said, jokingly.

All the girls laughed with Twilight blushing. Fluttershy giggled with her friends for a while, but her thoughts went back to her situation. She was glad her friends gave her space and respected her decision not to talk about it, but she did want to do that! And apparently, the only one she could talk to was the same person she has been avoiding these past weeks.


The limo parked in front of the building door and the girls It was like being in a fairy tale. All the walls were decorated, balloons hanging in the ceiling and just floating on the floor, the food was amazing and the music was set to party! Once the limo stopped, the girls got out and stayed awed by how amazing the place looked. It didn't look like a college gym, at all!

Before she could even notice, her friends went either to their dates, the food table, or the dance floor. Without realizing it, she was all alone at the entrance. Usually, she wouldn't mind. Normally her friends would go have fun dancing or talking to others, but afterwards; they always came together at the end of the night.

But this time, she was all alone with her complicated thoughts. And the only person she needed to talk to about, wasn't there yet.

However, she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the doors to the gym opening, revealing Discord in a weird but fancy tuxedo. Well, fancy on his terms. t was orange with a top hat. He looked around, trying to find the food section. Hopefully, with a full stomach, he would have the courage to face Fluttershy again.

Once he got there, he was drinking some punch while looking around the place, seeing how the rest of the students were having fun. He was supposed to keep them in line, but he hated being a fun killer. So far, no rules were broken. He keep turning around until he looked at Fluttershy from afar. His eyes widened and spit out his drink to the side. He coughed a little trying to catch his breath and pull himself together.

He looked at her again, for what it felt like hours when there were only a few seconds. She looked like a goddess of nature, just glowing with that natural beauty of hers. For a moment, nothing mattered except her, and he didn't care about those confused feelings anymore or trying to avoid her like the past two weeks. It was time to face this, once and for all. He just couldn't avoid this any longer. Avoiding facing his problems is what got him in those things in the past, he wasn't gonna let that happen again.

Before, he could react, young students and even a few teachers were having the time of their lives on the dance floor. Music out loud began to play and there was an impossible crowd blocking his way to her. He saw from afar how she covered her ears due to the loud volume. Discord began to make his way through the crowd until he finally reached the corner of the room Fluttershy was standing, still covering up her ears. He touched gently her shoulder, but he accidentally scared her and she turned around freaked out. Discord jumped a little.

"Sorry! Sorry! I'm sorry!" Discord said holding his hands up. "I- I didn't mean to scare you. I just... saw you from back there, and... wanted to say hi,"

"Discord!" Fluttershy began to shake a little but tried to calm down. "It... It's okay. Don't worry. I'm... glad you're here."

Discord looked at her and smiled kindly. It already feels like old times they chat.

"Of course! I get to be chaperone tonight, so I'll be here all night long!" he said excitedly. "So, why are you over here? All alone? Didn't your friends come with you?"

"Oh no, they're here. It's just..." Fluttershy said, looking from afar at her friends having fun with their dates or with each other. "Normally at parties, when some of them have dates, they spent time with them or go have their fun on their own. But we always get together for a group photo and then dance together at the end of the night."

"Oh, okay. I was worried you were on your own tonight," Discord said, secretly glad he would spend some time alone with her. "So... where is your date?"

"Oh, um... I-I don't have a date..." Fluttershy said, looking away from him.

Discord's eyes widened surprised but also relieved. He was kind of glad about that.

"Really? I would think every guy in college would like to ask you out," he commented. "Or girl. Anyone really. You're a very... nice girl." He almost said beautiful but had to be subtle tonight.

Fluttershy blushed a little and looked away. "Well, thank you, but I'm okay. I'm not the kind person who is meant to be in the spotlight. At least, not by myself."

"Oh, well. You shouldn't do what makes you uncomfortable." Discord replied. "But wouldn't you get bored? Not doing anything at a party?"

"I am doing something," Fluttershy said, looking at him sweetly and smiling. "I'm talking to you."

Discord's eyes widened and then smiled kindly.

"Discord, I'm sorry we haven't been able to talk much these last few weeks." she said. "But I would love to make up for lost time tonight. Unless you would rather do something else..." Fluttershy said a little worried.

"No! No!" Discord quickly responded. "I would love to. I'm also sorry for not seeing you lately. But we couldn't have been given a better opportunity. As a chaperone, I was just gonna stand here and watch over the students, but doing that while talking to you is so much better. It's a win-win!"

Fluttershy smiled at him. They both turned to each other and started talking like they always did at their tea parties. It was like the whole world disappeared around them. It was like those two weeks never happened.


Things couldn't be better. Discord began telling new jokes, some about the way the students were dancing; making Fluttershy almost spit her drink. And Fluttershy would tell her the new things she learned from her hours volunteering at the vet. Discord could feel her passion and love for animals, it was her dream. He couldn't remember the last time he felt that kind of determination or hope. That is until he finally decided to turn his life around.

"So then I told him 'If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to leave!'" Discord said, "And of course as soon as Smooze was walking out the door, I fell on my knees, begging him to forgive me."

Fluttershy covered her mouth, trying to hold back her laughs.

"And did he?"

"He's still living with me, isn't he?" Discord chuckled, "I'm telling you, that little rascal knows he's too adorable to get mad at."

"He sure is," Fluttershy said, remembering her little "chat" with the pup. "But he cares about you. A lot"

"Well, I hope. I don't know where I would be without him," Discord commented. "He helped me with some serious stuff."

"Like... those panic attacks you told me about?" Fluttershy said.

"Well, yeah, but other things too."

"Like what?"

Discord almost mentioned the feelings and thoughts he had about her, but he stopped himself. Forget that! Focus!

"Oh you know, stuff..." he mentioned trying to hide his blush on his face. "Sometimes I need some time on my own, but I don't want to be alone. You get what I'm saying?"

Fluttershy blushed a little after hearing those words, since that's exactly how she felt.

"Yeah... I do," she replied shyly.

"Wait, really?" Discord asked surprised. "But you have your group of friends, your family, even the animals! How can you ever feel lonely?"

"Well, I am grateful to have all those important people in my life, of course," Fluttershy replied. "And I will never regret having them. But I don't see my family often and my friends, as amazing as they are, they have their own lives. I guess I just want someone I could trust and share my fears, my passions, my vulnerable moments and best moments with. I just want..."

"To feel safe." Both of them said at the same time.

Both of them looked at each other after saying that, with eye's wide open, a little shocked. Then, Fluttershy's gaze softened and smiled at him sweetly. Discord relaxed and did the same. The next hours went flying by as the two besties continued to talk, making up for those lost weeks. It felt so natural and simple to talk to each other, they completely forgot about their worries and fears. The two of them, together, chatting, understanding each other; it just felt right.


Time passed and, before either of them noticed, it was time for the last dance of the night and to annouce the "Ball Dance" moment of the night, the moment when students with their partners do the most elegant dance to represent the fancy ball. As the music changed to a more calmy and slow instrumental song, all of the couples; including Fluttershy's friends; began to head in to the dance floor: Twilight with Flash Sentry, Pinkie Pie with Cheese Sandwich, Rarity with Fancy Pants and Rainbow with Applejack (even though they kept on insisting that they were dancing just as friends).

Fluttershy watched from afar all of her friends with their dance partners dancing slowly to the music. She was happy to see their friends were having fun, but couldn't help but feel left out. Without her even noticing, Discord came back to stand nextto her with two drinks on his hands.

"Hey! I got you this! Kay kay insisted that the drinks should be non-alcoholic," he said. "BUT, I got a little something in my pocket to give it a little extra flavor." he chuckled. "Just kidding, it's RedBull."

He chuckled one more time and then noticed Fluttershy lookig at the dance floor, a little out of it. He frowned a little and got closer.

"Fluttershy? You okay?" he asked.

Fluttershy jumped a little, not noticing he arrived before.

"Oh! yes!" she replied. "Sorry, I got distracted. Yes, thank you." She grabbed her drink and took a little sip. Discord ketp on looking a her, a little nervous.

"Are you alright, dear?" he asked. "You seemed a little off."

"I'm fine," Fluttershy said. "It's just, I was hoping to join my friends in the dance floor at some point. But now the night is almost over and I never got to dance."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Discord said. "I didn't mean to keep you away from your friends. I just had so much fun just talking to you and..."

"Oh no! No, don't" Fluttershy said almost too quickly. "Don't apologize. I had fun too. Time jus went away, you know. I loved talking to you too."

"Really?" Discord asked.

"Of course." Fluttershy answered.

The both of them stayed staring at each other, smiling warmly and then look at the dance floor again. As the instrumental music began to end, Discord looked at Fluttershy in a sutble way, thinking on a way to make up for keeping her from dancing. He could NOT believe he was about to do this, but he didn't want Fluttershy to miss the most important dance of the night. He took a deep breath, comb his hair with his hands and turned to face her.

"Well, the last I can do is offer you one dance this night." He said handing over his hand to her. "May I, my dear?"

Fluttershy looked at it and then looked up at him. She could have sworn there were sparkles and a hevane light around him. She stared at him with wide eyes for a minute, then snapped out of it before Discord could notice. She put her hand on his and looked at him one more time, smilling.

"Y-yes. Of course."

Discord smiled warmly at her and then they got closer to the dance floor. Not at the center, since they didn't want to get in the way, but just near the corner, where the lights were lower. They didn't want anybody looking at them and start rumors.

Just as they got into position, a new song started. Discord put kindly his arms around Fluttershy's waist; his hands right on her hips; and Fluttershy put her arms around his neck, her hands resting softly on his shoulders. And they began to move slowly at the rithym of the song.

As the music began to play, Fluttershy and Discord were staring into each other's eyes, forgetting the whole world around them. Where there weren't any other students or teachers, or people in general who could judge them or talk behind their backs. No rules, no limits, no rumors, no fears. As they were holding each other, they completetly forgot their situation or limitations. In that moment at the dance floor, they weren't student and teacher. They were friends, who grew into feeling more than appreciation, admiration and understanding for one another, and now, they both were wishing they could be more than that. They both felt something they're never felt before: Safe. Fluttershy laid her head on Discord's chest, and he wrapped his arms around her a little more tight, embracing her.

One would think all eyes would be on them, but since they were dancing on a poor lighted corner of the dance floor, noone was staring at them. Feeling sure that this would be her only chance of the night, Fluttershy looked up again and stared at Discord for a few seconds. Discord looked down, confused and a little curious, wondering what she was thinking. But before he could ask her, she closed her eyes, leaned foward and puckered her lips. His eyes widened and he almost did the same, but just as they were about to close the gap between them, the lights came back and everyone was clapping at the Dj for such beautiful song.

Fluttershy opened her eyes quickly, seeing Discord looking around. She got out of his arms and checked if someone was looking at them, but they were all still having fun at the party. Fluttershy then felt her entire face turn red and started breathing rapidly. Discord was also in shock; she tried to KISS him! And he almost kiss back! Not that he didn't wat to, but they were still on school grounds, they were in a public closed space, for crying out loud! How reckless can they be?! Did they want to get caught? Lucky for them, noone noticed. As soon as he turned to see at Fluttershy again, he saw her trembling and with a few tears in her eyes. Poor thing was also in shock.

"H-hey," Discord said, trying to get closer to her. "It's okay... No one saw..."

Hearing that, Fluttershy's eyes widened and then cover her mouth, trying to keep the sob coming out ofher mouth. She took a few steps back and then walk quickly towards the door and left the dance floor. Discord just stood there, in shock. Why would she leave? And then it hit him: She thinks he didn't want this!!! That it was a mistake!

"I'm such an idiot..." he whispered.

Discord looked around, seeing all the couples still dancing, a new song this time, and other teachers and workers near the other doors or the food court. No one noticed Fluttershy leave, not even her friends. They were still on the dance floor with their partners. He couldn't blame them for having fun but still, they could've check on their friend. He was about to approch any of them, since he recognized some of them from his Chemistry Class, but then he realized: if they do find her, they're gonna ask her what happened, and he knew Fluttershy wouldn't be able to lie to them. And right now, since they both didn't even know what was going on between them, he knew right now wasn't the best moment or place to discuss it with them. This was something he nedeed to resolve on his own, and talk to Fluttershy once and for all. No more talking with Smooze, no more secrets, no more avoiding each other, no more "confusing" dreams. He needed to clear things out with Fluttershy tonight.

Making sure no one; especially Luna; was looking, Discord carefully made his way out of the dance floor, toward the door and left the place. He began running, looking for Fluttershy. He would run through all of campus if necessary, but he needed to find her and make things right. Not bad for his first college gala.

Author's Note:

FanMLP: Hey everyone! :pinkiehappy: How are you? You've propably wondering...
MinionFanatic: No. :ajbemused:
FanMLP: No? :rainbowderp:
MinionFanatic: No, you can't just dissapear and then reappear out of nowhere with no explanation. Your followers deserve better. :ajbemused:
FanMLP: But... :raritydespair: I was sad, and I... I needed help. :applecry:
MinionFanatic: And you got it. But you're not the same person anymore. We can't just go back to the way we used to be. Things changed, we're different now. :ajsmug:
FanMLP: Are we the writer our followers deserve? :fluttershysad:
MinionFanatic: We'll just have to wait and see. But I think is best if I take care of the wheel now. You did your best, but things are different now. Don't worry, I'll take care of everything. :raritywink:
FanMLP: Ok... I had fun, but yeah. It's time. :pinkiesad2: Thank you. :heart:


So... You're probably wondering...

"WTF was that?! Where have you been all this time?! What happened to you?!"

Long story short, these last three years have been hard. At first, writting was helping deal with the whole pandemic thing, and to accept the fact that MLP ended. (I was in denial for so long...). And then, after surviving that, more shit happened. Family stuff, college stuff, work stuff, and it wasn't easy. But I got help. I went back to therapy and had a little self-discovery journey. But, as I said before, I'm NOT the same person I used to be. Maybe better, but I guess time will tell. I can't promise you the same quick schedule of the publishing of the chapters, but I can promise you that I'll be better. Because the LAST thing I wanted was to be THOSE users that abanoned their stories and leave their public hanging for years, but I became that, and I am terribly sorry... :ajsleepy: :fluttershysad:

But I'm here now and I can olny hope you would still follow me and support me with your amazing words, so I can finnish this awesome story once and for all!

As I said, this is a three part chapter, so I'm currently working on PART 2! More will come soon!

Thank you so much! And I'll see you on the next chapter! TAKE CARE!!!

Minion OUT! :raritywink:

Comments ( 7 )

Why am I crying? I'm sorry for doubting, I'm sorry for given up and loose all hope, I'm sorry for not believing in you and not understanding the seriousness of your situation, I'm really sorry :fluttercry:

All I can say is thank you, thank you for returning and giving us this chapter and remind us how amazing, funny and romantic this story truly is, thank you for everything and I really wish you the best and hope we don't wait as much as this chapter to get another, if it's possible of course :pinkiesad2:

Discord you better make it up for her quickly, and make sure you don't get caught.


I swear to God sombra if you even touch one strand of her hair, your little friend is going to be cut off and feed to the dogs, and I'll be watching how you slowly die for blood loss while the last thing you see is me holding a picture of fluttershy and discord being happy together while I'm smiling 😄

11721623
You are soooo sweet! And you have nothing to apologize for! I'm so sorry I made you loose hope! It was difficult for me but it's all better now.

And don't worry, is a new day, is a new me, and this story is officially back! The next chapter might take a while but it is coming! I'm working on it right now!
Don't worry, Discord is going to make things right! And also... DAMN GIRL! YOU SCARY! But yes, I would like to do the same thing to Sombra. But first, a little danger is always good for a story...

See ya next chapter! And who knows, maybe new story is coming too!

You're back, I can't believe it!!!!
I don’t even know where to start telling you how happy I am for your return, so I´ll start by telling you that in the more than two years I have met your fanfic, there hasn´t been a single month that I have stopped checking if you had already updated the next chapter:fluttercry:. It's because of fluttercord fanfics as beautiful as yours that more than two years ago I decided to learn more english than the little I knew in order to better understand these stories, and even though I'm writing this with the help of the translator (just to avoid confusion because I'm still learning), I've come a long way since then. But I understand the reasons why you hadn't upgraded and I'm happy that you were able to get through the bad times that I know shouldn't have been easy.
I just want you to know that whenever I have internet, you will have a faithful follower of your beautiful story, that if I didn´t lose faith that you were going to update in two years, I won´t leave until this is over. I send you lots of love from Mexico, and I hope we can enjoy the next chapter soon.:heart:
P.S. I must confess that at some point i even begin to imagine an alternate story with this same theme of teacher and student, i suppose that is what does insomnia and want to read the next chapter:pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by Diane Blair deleted Oct 22nd, 2023

Fico tão feliz que você voltou com essa história!!!:pinkiehappy:
Quando eu notei que fazia mais de dois anos que você não atualizava eu realmente tive medo que você não voltasse mais... comecei a ler essa fanfic maravilhosa há cerca de um ano atrás, e eu simplesmente amo a sua escrita e como você desenvolve os personagens, é muito raro achar fanfics de um Shipp tão desconhecido e que sejam tão bem escritas :pinkiesad2: :heart:

You can't imagine how delighted I was when I saw that you've published a new chapter..WOW after all those years, I just hope you are doing well and that you will continue with this amazing masterpiece ✨ :heart:

OMG Hi!!! You don't know how happy I am for you to be better and to also be back. I didn't feel your absence that much because I started shipping Fluttercord last year when the MLP Fluttercord comic went out (The Gen 5 - old Discord comic). I discovered this magnific AU in July and even though it broke my heart to see that you were offline since 2020, I had hope that you were going to come back AND YOU DID, so welcome!!!

Login or register to comment