• Published 13th Apr 2020
  • 4,469 Views, 115 Comments

My Chemistry Teacher. (Fluttercord AU) - MinionsFanatic



Her lifetime dream was to become a veterinarian. He just wanted a second chance to start again. Neither of them thought this would happen, but it did. Now what? Just Keep Calm and Fall in Love.

  • ...
3
 115
 4,469

Chapter VIII: Something So Right...

"So, you're really not going to tell me who Smooze is?" Fluttershy said curiously.

"Well, you don't want me to ruin the surprise, right?" Discord said smirking a little.

Fluttershy giggled. She was really glad Discord was being his "normal" self, the joker but also kind self she knew. She still didn't understand what happened before, with the whole running and hugging her part but she wasn't going to push him to talk about it this time. Everybody got their things in life to deal with, he would deal with his when he was ready. For now, she was just happy that they get to hang out, outside the university this time. Being with him, support him, listen to him, and talk to him just felt...right.

Both of them were walking through the streets, chatting and laughing on the way. Discord felt... better, as better as he could be at the moment anyway. He did not see that coming. He usually controls his panic attacks better than that when he has Smooze; but back then, he was alone, in a public space and around a lot of people. That was a lot for him, he just wasn't thinking right. But now, with Fluttershy by his side; he felt relaxed, calmed, warm, and... happy.

After walking for a few minutes, they got to Discord's little apartment. Discord was surprised they made it walking, he usually takes the bus. Guess he didn't feel time go by when he was with Fluttershy, and he didn't mind. Fluttershy looked at the building and around the neighborhood. This was... not what she expected. The more she knew new things about Discord, the more she was curious about him and his life. But she will not pressure him again.

"I know it's not a lot, but... it's the best I could find." Discord said, kinda knowing what she was thinking about this place!

"Oh no! No, no! There's nothing wrong with it!" Fluttershy said embarrassed. "I didn't mean to... I wasn't... I don't...!"

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm just messing around," Discord said, chuckling a little of her reaction. "I know you don't think like that. I was only joking."

"Oh... well, still, I don't think there's something wrong with this place or neighborhood," she said calmly. "I was just... surprised. That's all"

"Well, seems that I've been full of surprises to you, huh?" he said joking.

Fluttershy blushed.

"Come on. Let's get inside," he said.

They walked inside the building and got in the little lobby. At the desk, an old lady was watching a telenovela on a little TV.

"Good evening, Matilda." Discord said.

"Oh, Discord. You're home early," Matilda said.

"Yeah, I... I finished classes early," he said, looking at Fluttershy nervously. She just giggled.

"Oh, and who's this?" Matilda asked, looking at Fluttershy kindly.

"Oh, she's... um... she's one of my students," Discord said cautiously. He didn't want her to have to wrong idea. But he wasn't gonna lie either. It would only make things worse. "She's here to meet Smooze. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so would you mind keep her company while I got get him?"

"Oh, yes, of course," Matilda said delightedly.

Discord looked at her thankfully and then smiled at Fluttershy very quickly before heading the stairs. Fluttershy watched him leave and then looked at Matilda shyly. She just returned the smile.

"What is your name, sweetie?" Matilda asked, to start a conversation.

"Oh, my name is Fluttershy, ma'am," she said kindly.

"What a beautiful name," Matilda replied. "What does Discord teach you?"

"He's my chemistry teacher."

"Oh, yes. I remember he told me his class got something to do with science or stuff like that," Matilda giggled. "He may be a handful one, but he sure is smart. I'm just glad he got the job. I was afraid my Cranky was gonna stay there until the end of his days!"

"Wait, you know Mr. Cranky Doodle?" Fluttershy asked.

"Know him? He's my husband," Matilda said. "We both love to work, but, boy, he was so stubborn to quit. It was about time he retired. One month more and I'll be retiring too. We want to spend time together as much as possible."

"Oh, that's nice. I'm afraid Mr. Doodle never mentioned you," Fluttershy said gently.

"Oh, he wouldn't. We both like to keep our work-life separated form our marriage. That's how we managed to stay together this long!" Matilda said jokingly. They both giggled.

"Well, I'm glad you too are happy," Fluttershy said. "And tell him not to worry. Discord is doing a great job as a Chemistry teacher."

"You're friends with him?" Matilda asked curiously.

"Oh, well. Yeah, yeah we are," Fluttershy said nervously. "Is... something wrong with that?"

"Oh, no! Of course not!" Matilda said. "I remember when I was in college, there was this teacher who always helped with my studies, my homework, and tests. Without his help and knowledge, I never would have become the writer I am today. This job is just a small way to pay the bills."

"Wow, I had no idea," Fluttershy said.

"Well, some people get into your life when you least expect it and they change it forever. Those are the best kind of people, sweetie. Trust me, I know." Matilda said.

Fluttershy stood there, listening to her words and thinking about Discord. He has certainly changed her way of seeing things, but for the better. She's been friends with other teachers, but with him, she felt different. Could Angel be right? Could she be having a crush on her teacher?!

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard footsteps coming from the stairs. She turned around and what she saw made her eyes widened and gasped surprised. On the floor, there was the cutest and most adorable puppy she has ever seen in her life!

"Fluttershy, this is Smooze. My service puppy," Discord said smiling.

Fluttershy stood there frozen and shock for a few seconds, confusing Discord and Matilda until she made a squeak so long and loud, it almost hurt Smooze's ears. Almost.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH" Fluttershy squeaked, making Discord and Matilda cover their ears. Smooze just stood there, oblivious.

"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!" Fluttershy exclaimed excitedly. "HE IS SOOOOOOO CUTE! HE IS SO TINY! HE IS JUST... SO... ADORABLE!"

She leaned down, grabbed Smooze, and hugged him lovingly. Smooze sniffed her a little and then barked happily, linking her face excited. Fluttershy giggled uncontrollably.

"My, she does love animals, doesn't she Discord?" Matilda said jokingly, looking at him. "Discord?"

Discord just stood there, awed at Fluttershy's reaction. He knew she loved animals, but that was just... the most adorable reaction he has ever seen. The way her eyes sparkled when she saw Smooze, her cute laugh, her beautiful smile; a genuine smile. He was already fascinated by her kind spirit and passion to learn, but now; he didn't see her as a determined student but as a compassionate and remarkable young woman. He couldn't help to smile warmly with care in his eyes. Luckily, he was able to hide it from Matilda since it was her voice that brought him back to reality.

"Discord? Are you okay?" Matilda asked.

"Uh? Oh, yeah! Sorry..." Discord said quickly, nervous. "It's just... I've never seen... Smooze get along with someone so quickly, that's it."

"He is sooooo adorable and cute!" Fluttershy kept saying. "Where did you get him?"

"I'll tell you later. I got to take him for a walk," Discord said.

"Oh! Let me go with you! Please!" Fluttershy asked excitedly, still hugging Smooze.

"Of course," Discord said. "I'll be back later Matilda."

"Sure," Matilda said. "It was very nice meeting you Fluttershy."

"You too, Matilda," Fluttershy said back, with Smooze still in her arms. "Bye."

As Fluttershy and Discord walked away from the department, Matilda kept looking at them. Once they were gone, Matilda smirked knowingly.

"There's something between them..." she said, getting back to watch the rest of her tv show.


Fluttershy and Discord got to a big park, where other people took their pets to play or just pass the time. Smooze was still in Fluttershy's arms, just enjoying her warm kissed and hugs. He has never been this spoiled in his short time.

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good baby?" Fluttershy asked playfully to Smooze, hugging him tightly. "Yes, you are. You are!"

Smooze barked happily and licked her face once again, making her giggle. Discord couldn't stop smiling. He didn't know what was more adorable: the excitement of Smooze's tail wagging, or the beautiful sound of Fluttershy's giggle. It made him so happy and fuzzy inside that the two beings he cared about most get along so well.

After a few minutes of walking, they got to a bench in the middle of a great and wide-area where Smooze could run as much as he wanted. Fluttershy put him down and sat next to Discord on the bench. They both watched with smiles on their faces Smooze running and sniffing everything around him.

"He's just so cute," Fluttershy said. "And very well behaved. Where did you get him?"

"He's my service puppy," Discord said. "Normally, they don't let them be service dogs at such a young age but he and I hit it off very quickly, so I got to keep him. He's still in training but has helped me a lot."

"Help you... with what?" Fluttershy asked.

"He's my service dog, for panic attacks. Kinda like a dog that helps people with anxiety or stuff like that," Discord said, looking to the side.

Fluttershy looked at him awed and nodded in understanding. Discord looked at her surprised.

"Aren't you... gonna ask me about it?" he asked confused.

"Not if you don't want me to," Fluttershy said warmly.

Discord stared at her and smiled gratefully. They kept seeing Smooze playing with other dogs from the park. They spent minutes in silence, just enjoying the peaceful view and moment in the park. Discord still couldn't stop thinking about Fluttershy's smile when she first saw Smooze. And he still couldn't believe that he had such an amazing person in his life.

After a few more minutes of silence, Discord closed his eyes and sighed deeply, making Fluttershy look at him.

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you," Discord said signing defeatedly.

"You don't have to..." Fluttershy replied.

"I know... But... I want you to know," Discord said determinedly. "You deserve to know."

Fluttershy looked at him a little surprised and then turned around completely, facing him. Discord cleared his throat and took a deep breath.

"Remember that I told you after I left college, I went literally everywhere and anywhere, to 'find myself' or whatever?" he began saying. Fluttershy nodded.

"Well, the thing is... what I didn't tell you was that... I saw really messed up stuff. Like, really bad," Discord kept talking, with a tone of regret and fear. "The kind of things you only see in... horror movies, police show or the news. You know, really bad things. And well, nothing happened to me, like, nothing physically but... those things I saw... affected me, emotionally. I made me paranoid, insecure, frightened of everything around me. I... I didn't felt safe, anywhere. Thus the panic attacks. At some point, it began to happen frequently, messing up with my mind and perception. With time, I got help, and... you know the rest."

Fluttershy stood in silence, still listening to him.

"I've tried to forget some of those things, you know put it all behind me and stuff, but... I keep getting flashes or nightmares. Not more than before but... it still there. And when it happens, I lose control. That is what happened when Celestia talked to me today. Her saying that people could have gotten hurt, students, my students, I guess I just... lost it. Usually, Smooze helps me with this but... today I was alone, in a public space, surrounded by people, I just... I couldn't handle it," Discord said with his eyes closes. "That's why I ran. I didn't want anyone to see me like that, especially not you."

Discord opened his eyes and stared at her, sideways, with a scared and worried look on his face. She just stood there, still staring at him, with her eyes widened.

"And... that's pretty much it," he said, turning his head away from her.

There was silence for a few long minutes. Discord was already expecting the worst: hearing her scream, gasp, cry, just standing up and leaving him there. But nothing happened. Still, he wouldn't dare to turn around and look at her expression, which must have been a frightening one.

Then, making him jump a little, he felt her hand on top of his. He turned his gaze at their hands and then looked at her, awed. She was looking at him... smiling warmly. He was so confused. After all that?! And she was still nice to him?! They stayed like that for a couple of seconds, which felt like hours until she quickly wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly; but not too much, though he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Thank you for telling me this," Fluttershy whispered sweetly, leaning her chin over his shoulder, still hugging him.

Discord's eyes widened and looked at her surprised. Then, a warm and kind smile appeared on his face. He hugged her back and they stood like that for a while. Their moment was interrupted when they heard Smooze barking at them. They let go of each other and looked at Smooze with a stick in front of him, panting excitedly. Discord chuckled.

"Hehehe... Sorry. He likes to play with anything he finds," Discord said. " Wanna play with us?". Fluttershy smiled excitedly.

"Of course! I'd love to!" she said. "Come on, Smooze!"

They both stood up, Fluttershy grabbed the stick and began to run, with Smooze and Discord following her. They all spent the next hours playing and having fun at the park. Fluttershy and Discord tossed the stick to one another, with Smooze chasing them happily. They would throw the stick a little far and then hide behind some trees or bushes when the little puppy would come back, making him go look out for them; kinda like a hide and seek game.

Then, Discord tried to catch the stick but tripped and fell down a hedge. Fluttershy gasped and ran to him, to make sure he was okay. Just as she was gonna lean in, Discord got up covered in branches and leaves. Fluttershy looked at him shocked and then began to laugh uncontrollably. He looked at her, at himself, and then blushed a little. Fluttershy helped him get cleaned up.

After hours of playing with Smooze and running around the park, they decided to buy some drinks. Discord went to a little stand to buy some sodas, while Fluttershy stayed on a bench, seated next to Smooze. She kept staring at Discord from where she was, with a smile on her face and her face a little red.

"You like him, don't you?"

Fluttershy jumped a little and looked around to see who said that. She looked down and looked at Smooze shocked. He just stared at her obliviously.

"Did... did you just talked?" she asked still in shock.

Smooze's eyes widened in the realization that she heard what he said.

"Wait... you... you can understand me?!" Smooze said shocked too.

Fluttershy shushed him and tried to act normal, hoping nobody was watching them, especially not Discord. Luckily, everyone was minding their own business and Discord was still in line for the sodas. She sighed in relief before turning to Smooze again, who still was shocked.

"You... you understand me?" Smooze said. "But... but how?!"

"First of all," Fluttershy said. "Your voice is so ADORABLE! Second... I know why you're surprised. It's not every day a human understands what you're saying. Let's just say... I have a gift."

"A gift? It's a miracle, that's what it is!!!" Smooze said happily. "This is great! Now I can finally order food on my own, I can sing in a contest for talented dogs, and I can help Discord with his emotional problems!!! This is amazi..."

"No, no, no, Smooze. People can't understand you," Fluttershy tried to explain to him. "Only I can. Okay?"

"Wait... only you can understand what I'm saying?"

"I'm afraid so. I'm sorry."

"Awwww," Smooze complained. "Oh well. It's better than nothing. Besides, you're nice. It'd be great to talk to you!"

"Thank you," Fluttershy said. "You're so kind and cute! Discord is lucky to have you."

"I'm lucky to have him," Smooze said. "He saved me. I try to help him in any way I can, I owe him that much."

Fluttershy smiled.

"Anyway, the thing I was saying," Smooze said, as he smirked playfully. "You like him, don't you?"

Fluttershy's eyes widened and her face turned red again.

"I may be cute, but I'm not blind," Smooze said. "I'm familiar with human courtship. Discord watches a LOT of romantic movies."

"He does?" Fluttershy asked surprised.

"...Uuuuuhhhh... Hey! Don't change the subject!" Smooze said, realizing the mistake he did. "You have feelings for my master, don't you?"

"W-what?! No! He's just my friend," Fluttershy said nervously. "I-I mean... he's also my teacher, but... we hang out, we chat, we laugh and... okay, we may be very close... but he's just my friend!"

"I can literally smell your sweat right now," Smooze said, making Fluttershy blush even more than before. "Look, you can trust me. It's not like I can tell him or anybody for that matter."

Fluttershy looked at him a little insecure. She turned around to see Discord, who was still in line for the sodas. She took a deep breath and looked at Smooze again.

"Okay, look," Fluttershy said. "I... don't know how I feel, okay? I know I've never felt this way before about anyone, but... I'm not sure what it is exactly. I do care for him. He's funny, smart, caring, kind, and... well, a little weird, but in a good way. I still don't know how to describe this, but; even if it is what you think... It would only make things more complicated. For both of us."

Smooze looked at her with sympathy.

"But... he has been so nice and kind to me. I've never seen him be like this with anyone else before," Fluttershy said. "He makes me feel more confident, safe, brave and loved. I... I may not know how I feel, but... I am happy when I'm with him. Very happy. So... that's a start, right?"

Smooze just stayed there, looking at her. Fluttershy got confused.

"Um... Smooze?"

"Oh! Sorry, sorry!" Smooze said snapping out of it. "You can understand me. I forgot about that. I just have gotten used to only listening, hehe. Wow, finally, I can give someone advice! Anyway, I understand that this may not be easy for you. It must not be to anybody. As a therapist, in a way, I can't tell you how Discord thinks or feels, but I do know that he cares for you. A lot more than you can imagine. Just keep being there for him, especially during those moments he has. Trust me, they're a LOT worse."

Fluttershy got worried. She may not know what Discord's been through, but she sure knows how it feels to be alone in a moment of crisis. That's how she felt before she met her friends. She didn't want Discord to feel like that. Before they could continue the conversation, they both heard Discord coming back with two sodas in his hands.

"We'll talk later," Smooze whispered, acting normal.

"Hey!" Discord said. "Sorry, it took so long. People sure make such a fuss over some sodas."

"It's okay," Fluttershy said. "I was just... talking to Smooze"

"Yeah?" he said sitting down. "He is a pretty good listener. Though, don't expect him to talk to you back."

Fluttershy giggled nervously and looked at Smooze, seeing how the little pup winked at her. She smiled.

"Here you go. Strawberry Soda," Discord said hanging over her a can.

"Thank you."

They drank from their sodas until Discord checked his watch, indicating 5 o'clock. His eyes widened.

"Oh dear," Discord said. "We better get back. We have spent almost all afternoon here."

"Really?" Fluttershy said surprised. "I haven't even noticed it."

"Well, time does fly by when you're having fun, am I right?" Discord joked. Fluttershy giggled. "I'll better get back and leave Smooze at home. Luckily I don't have any classes tonight so, no hurry for me. Do you have any classes left?"

"Not really," Fluttershy said. "But I did promise my friends to help them with some flyers. I better get back now."

"I'll come with you," Discord said.

"No, no. It's okay," Fluttershy said. After that chat with Smooze, she needed some time alone to think. "You just take Smooze back home. I bet he'll be happy to be with you so early."

"Well, after today, he's gonna fall asleep before we get home," Discord said, jokingly. They giggled and looked at each other blushing a little. Smooze barked and Fluttershy carried him.

"Goodbye Smooze. I'll see you soon," she said.

"You know it," Smooze said, but only Fluttershy understood him. She gave him back to Discord and grabbed her bag back.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Discord asked a little worried.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine," Fluttershy said. "I had a lot of fun today. Thank you Discord."

"You have nothing to thank me for," he said. "Thank you for... you know... just being there. I really needed someone to talk to, who could talk back to me."

Fluttershy smiled and giggled a little.

"That's what friends do, right?" she said gently.

"Yeah... I guess." Discord said quietly.

After a few seconds of awkwardness, they hugged each other gently and Fluttershy walked away and waved goodbye at him. Discord waved back and stood there, still carrying Smooze, staring at her. He sighed.

"Well Smooze, I hope you had fun today," he said as he began to walk away. "Because we're gonna have a looong session once we get home. I have a LOT of stuff to get off my chest right now."

"Oh trust me, master." Smooze said. "I know."


"And... that's the last one!" Pinkie said as she put a flyer on the university's news board. "What do you think?"

"It's perfect, Pinkie," Twilight said. "Thank you so much again for decorating the flyers. It will definitely get the attention of everyone!"

"Don't worry, Twilight. I love decorating for this kind of event!" Pinkie said excitedly. "I can't believe we're a few days from the College's Gala!"

"It is pretty exciting," Twilight said. "And it'll an amazing party with all of your help. And the girls too. Speaking of that, have you heard from Rarity? She said she wanted to show us her designs for our dresses."

"I don't know," Pinkie said. "Last time I saw her, she was at Miss Luna's office. Guess she'll be here at any moment."

"Hey, guys!" Rainbow said coming their way. "Aj and I already finished putting our flyers on the other side of campus. This year's Gala is gonna be awesome!!! Just us girls having fun!"

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Applejack said.

"Oh, didn't Rarity tell you?" Twilight asked. "She wants to go to the Gala with a date. Something about this time was going to be the best night of her life or something like that. And honestly, I'm just gonna be very busy taking care of everything at the Gala and making sure nothing falls out of place. It is my responsibility now after all."

"Yeah!" Pinkie said. "Besides, that cute guy from Performing Arts, Cheese Sandwich, just asked me to be his date for the Gala so... THIS GAL GONNA PARTY! WHOOHOO!"

"WHAT?!" Rainbow said. "But we all agreed we'll go together! Night of friends, remember! I don't want to go with a boy! Ugh!"

"Hey Rainbow! Calm down!" Applejack said. "You still got me... and Fluttershy. So don't worry. It'll still be Night with friends."

"Yeah... I guess," Rainbow said. "Thanks, AJ."

The two girls smiled at each other.

"Hey, speaking of which, where's Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked. "She was supposed to help us with the flyers too."

"I don't know," Twilight said. "I haven't seen her since Lab Class."

"She seemed really worried about Mr. Discord," Applejack said. "Y'all think she's okay?"

Before any of the girls could answer, Fluttershy appeared walking right behind them.

"Found her!" Pinkie said.

The girls turned around and saw her friend. Fluttershy looked up at them.

"Fluttershy! There you are! Where were you?!" Rainbow asked worriedly as she approached her friend.

"I'm so sorry girls," Fluttershy said. "I was just... passing the time and I didn't even notice it was so late. I'll get to those flyers right away."

"It's okay Fluttershy," Twilight said. "We're just glad you're here."

"So, how's Mr. Discord?" Pinkie asked.

"W-what?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"You know, you went to check on him after class," Pinkie said. "You told me."

"O-oh, y-yes. That. I... uh..." Fluttershy shuttered. "Um... he... he's okay. He just... needed some time alone. So... he went home early. That's... that's all."

The girls looked at her unsure of what to think. There was something weird going on with Fluttershy. Was she... was she hiding something from them? Their thoughts were interrupted when all of them heard an excited scream coming their way. They all turned their heads to see Rarity squealing like a teenage girl, running their way.

"Oh, my stars, darlings!!!" Rarity said excitedly. "You are not gonna believe this!"

"Woah, Rarity. Calm down!" Rainbow Dash said. "What's wrong? Is there a fire or something?"

"Not a fire per se, but you better believe it's about to be HOT here!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Now hold on!" Applejack said. "What in tarnation are ya talkin' about Rarity?"

"And we're supposed to be starting Autumn soon," Twilight said checking her cellphone. "So I really doubt it'd be getting hotter anytime soon."

"I'm not talking about the weather, darlings," Rarity said. "I'm talking about our new teacher."

"Oh no! Did Mr. Discord burned himself?!" Pinkie said. "Fluttershy! You just said he was fine!!!!"

"I... I..." Fluttershy stuttered confusingly.

"Oh for the love of..." Rarity said impatiently. "No! Rainbow Dash. Don't you remember that the university needed a new Gym teacher?"

"Oh yeah!" Rainbow said. "Are you saying we finally got one?!"

"Oh... we not only got one darling," Rarity responded smugly. "We got the Gym teacher. You know what I'm saying?"

"Rarity, talk with normal words," Applejack said.

"Ugh, I just came from Miss Luna's office, and... I saw him," Rarity said dreamily. "You should have seen him. Tall, strong, steady, and... dashing."

"Oooh, dashing," Pinkie said. "Kinda like a king or something?"

"You could say that," Rarity answered.

"Ew, Rarity!" Rainbow said disgustedly. "That's a teacher you're talking about."

Fluttershy stood frozen when she heard that.

"Oh, grow up Rainbow!" Rarity said. "It's just a minor crush. There's nothing wrong with that. And I'm just saying he's attractive."

"I thought ya said 'dashing'," Applejack joked.

"Oh shush," Rarity said. "I bet all of you would've had the same reaction if you'd saw him."

"Well, we'd have certainly been more suttle," Rainbow joked. AJ chuckled. Rarity huffed crossing her arms.

"Alright, that's enough girls," Twilight said. "It's a good thing that we have a new Gym teacher but we've got a Gala to prepare!"

"You know we'll be doing that Twilight," Rainbow Dash said jokingly. "But Miss 'Goo goo' eyes here, doubt it!"

"Oh, stop it!" Rarity said.

"C'mon girls," Applejack said. "Let's finish this."

"YAY!" Pinkie said. "More decorations!"

The friends started walking away, but Fluttershy went to Rarity before following the others.

"Um... Rarity," Fluttershy said. "You don't actually... have feelings for this teacher, do you?"

"Oh, goodness! Of course not darling!" Rarity said chuckling. "I was only saying that he was very attractive. There's no harm in that. It's just a fact. Besides, I'm going with that nice gentleman of Fancy Pants. He graduates this summer."

"So... you don't think that... having feelings for a teacher is... wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, there is a difference in being attracted to and having feelings for someone," Rarity said. "The first is just a crush, but the second leads to falling in love."

Fluttershy almost fainted when she heard that word. Love. She never even thought about that possibility. Is that was she was feeling? All those times she blushed when she saw him, all those times he made her laugh, the way her heart fluttered when she was with him, and the reason why she was thinking of him and caring about him all the time. Was she... was she falling in love with Discord?! Her teacher?!

"And there's nothing wrong with having feelings for a teacher," Rarity continued explaining. "We're all adults here. Is not immoral or illegal. But there are rules about it. Any teacher or student who breaks it could be fired or expelled for sure."

Fluttershy's eyes widened. She completely forgot about that.

"Why do you ask?" Rarity asked curiously.

"Oh... I... I just..." Fluttershy said quickly. "I was just worried that is what was happening to you." She hated lying to her friends, but she couldn't talk about this with them. Not yet, anyway.

"Oh my dear Fluttershy," Rarity said. "Don't you worry. I love how selfless you are, but you have nothing to worry about. I'm not that hopeless. I have my head on the ground. Now come one, let's go help the others."

Fluttershy just noded. She was having too many thoughts right now. She was in trouble.


"Wait, you want me to be what?"

Discord was laying on his bed holding his old cellphone, with Smooze laying on his stomach. They just have finished their therapy session, which was pretty much Discord talking about his confused feelings for Fluttershy and stuff. Smooze loved Discord but he was getting tired of the same topic.

Those two really need to hook up. he thought.

"I said I need you to be a chaperone at the College's Gala," Celestia said through the cell phone. "Trust me, you're the last person Luna wanted, but I think it'd be a chance to learn how things are done here and to get to know other students. Also to be responsible."

"Yeah, because I'm an expert at that," Discord said sarcastically.

"Should I tell Luna she was right?" Celestia asked teasingly.

"You'd love that wouldn't you?" Discord said. "Fine. I'll be a chaperone. So, how does that work?"

"You just have to be at the Gala and make sure no student breaks any rules," Celestia said. "And report to me or Luna any sight of trouble."

"Do you even know me?" Discord asked. "In other words, you want me to be a fun killer."

"Pretty much, yeah," Celestia responded.

"Ugh, am I allowed to have any fun?" Discord asked. "Can I bring some drinks or food?"

"What?! No! Absolutely not!" Celestia said. "Discord, you must avoid and forbid all of these things!

"Can I at least dance?"

"With whom?"

Discord's eyes widened. That's when he realized something.

"Uh... never mind," he answered quickly. "Don't worry, I'll do it. I'll chaperone or whatever. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. See ya, bye!"

"Wait, Dis..." Celestia began to say, but Discord already hung up.

He sat on his bed and grabbed Smooze excitedly.

"This is it Smooze!" Discord said to his puppy, who just stared at him. "This 'College Gala' is the thing I just needed. Time to figure out these feelings once and for all!"

"Man, you're more oblivious than I am!" Smooze said in his head, while Discord kept hugging him.

Author's Note:

Man, I'm SO sorry this one took so long! :applecry: Life gets in the way.

So... in this universe... there is no MLP world, no Equestria, no portal, no magic, no evil or reformed Sunset Shimmer, just a regular human world; where this girl can talk to animals. :twilightsheepish:

I literally and seriously believe there are people in the world that understand animals, at least communicate better than others with them.

And in this story, Smooze has the voice of Olaf but Mushu's personality. :rainbowlaugh: :scootangel: So, you can guess how I picture him.

Anyway, my friend from the Discord server told me that apparently, universities have these dances called College Gala, so I thought it would be PERFECT for this story! Btw, the next chapter is gonna be a three-part. So, the best is yet to come!!! But, it's gonna take a while.

But it'll be worth it, I swear! PURE FLUTTERCORD!!! And don't worry, you'll see more of Sombra and Discord's past... soon... :trixieshiftright:

Hope you guys like this chapter, and I want to thank to everyone who's been doing fanart of this. I'm just so touched!

See ya soon, FanMLP out! For now!

P.S.D: Here's a song that inspired me for the cute Fluttercord moment at the park. It just fit with the story and their feelings for each other. Hope you like it too. Listen to this song, it's really beautiful!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8VTZh2bPMo