• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLIV: Nighttime Talks

It was now nighttime for the guardians and wielders, they needed enough sleep for the big fight with The Storm King, Vanitas, Cozy Glow and the Tempest Warriors in the morning. Well, some of the guardians volunteered to stay on guard till some of the royal guards come to takeover.

Aqua, Ventus and Terra were outside the castle sitting in front of the doors, but near them not close to them, guarding the castle till it was time for the guards to come takeover. The three friends were looking up into the night sky with the stars shinning making everycreature’s night a safe one.

Ven let out a happy sigh before saying, “Well, this is it. The fight we know will be coming since the day we entered Equestria and saw who was behind the Unversed returning.”

“Yep,” agreed Terra while smiling at his friend, “Only this time, there’ll be no lost hearts, no Xehanort taking over bodies, and no friend sacrificing their life to save their friend from falling into the realm of darkness.”

Aqua and Ven gave Terra a nod in agreement before they all looked back to the stars in the sky.

“But you know, it wasn’t quite that bad losing my heart and falling asleep for years till Sora woke me up,” said Ven, “I remember dreaming a lot. Of you two, and I think Sora and his friends. And there were more people that I didn’t even recognise. And I also saw beautiful animals. It felt like I was part of a big new adventure.”

“Really?” Terra asked with interest, “And how did you manage to see all of that when you were asleep and your heart didn’t return till Sora used the power of waking?”

Ventus grinned playfully at his friend before answering, “That’s a secret.”

“Oh come on! You can tell me! I can keep a secret from everyone!”

“Sorry, Terra,” giggled Ventus, “But if I told you, then the magic between me and Sora will disappear forever.”

Terra was about to say something, but he didn’t because he knows it might turn into an argument and, maybe even, a fight. So he just let out a sigh of defeat and smiled at Ventus. “Looks like we’re even now since we both have a secret we can’t tell each other.”

Ventus smiled back at Terra and nodded his head at him. “Guess we are.”

Ventus, Terra and Aqua started to laugh together like a happy group of friends again, even after defeat Master Xehanort long time ago before Sora saved Kairi and vanished to Equestria as the ultimate prize.


Riku was sitting near a window looking up at the stars in the sky shining bright making everycreature’s dreams a safe one with the help of Princess Luna’s moon.

Just then, he heard hoofsteps coming towards him. Riku turned his head to the left and saw Ocellus standing near him with a smile.

Riku smiled back at the kind Changeling. “Hey, Ocellus. I thought you were in bed already.”

“I know,” said Ocellus softly, “But I just couldn’t sleep. It’s about the fight we’ll be having with The Storm King and his warriors tomorrow.”

Riku continued to gave Ocellus a friendly smile as he quietly patted his hand on the ground before asking, “Wanna join me?”

Ocellus nodded her head in response before walking over to Riku and sat next to him.

“Are you worried about tomorrow?”

“Yeah,” The Changeling answered sadly before looking down at the ground, “I just, can’t stop thinking what Vanitas, Cozy Glow and The Storm King might do to Lightning Twister if he still refuses to be on their side. Will they kill him? Will they mind control him like Cozy Glow did to him before? It hurts me to think about it. We already lost him so many times after becoming his friends, we can’t lose him again. So much for keeping promises about protecting him no matter what since they keep on breaking so much. He doesn’t deserve to be treated like he was made to be an evil colt. He really doesn’t.”

Riku gently wrapped a arm around Ocellus and pulled her in for a small hug. That made Ocellus look at Riku and saw he was still giving him a soft friendly smile.

“Ocellus,” began Riku, “Everything’s gonna alright tomorrow, as well as Lightning Twister. I know it will. And I know you believe that too.”

Ocellus raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What do you mean, Master Riku? How do you know that everything’s gonna be okay tomorrow and I believe that too?”

“Because I believe what my heart saids and I also believe in hope,” answered Riku, “last time we went into a big fight, it didn’t end well for most of us. Master Xehanort clashed Kairi causing his twelve darknesses and Kairi’s role as the princess of light to forge the x-blade. Which made Sora use the ultimate power of waking to save her, causing him to disappear and end up here in your world making that the ultimate prize before he returned. But this time, I know it won’t be like that. We will protect Lightning Twister, defeat The Storm King, and get rid of his darkness altogether. As for you also believing in that...Tell me, Ocellus, what does your heart say?”

Ocellus looked down to where she can almost see her chest while placing a hoof on it to where she can feel her heart. She began to feel it beating calmly, like it was telling her the same thing Riku told her. After a few more seconds, the kind Changeling placed her hoof back down and looked at the Keyblade Master.

“It’s telling me exactly the same thing you told me, that everything’s gonna be okay tomorrow and we will defeat The Storm King and his darkness. And not only that, but we will protect Lightning from the darkness and The Storm King.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about,” he said kindly to the Changeling, “As long as your heart continues to tell you that, your fear of losing the fight and your friend will fly away and never to be seen in your heart again. Remember that, Ocellus.”

Ocellus nodded her head at Riku before saying, “I’ll do that, Master Riku.”

“That’s good, Ocellus. Saying do instead of try. Also, you don’t have to call me Master. We’re friends.”

Ocellus giggled a bit. “Fair enough, Riku.”

Riku continued to give the shy Changeling a friendly smile as he gently rubbed her head. “Now get yourself to bed and get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow.”

“Okay, goodnight,” said Ocellus before getting up and making her way back to the guest room where she and her friends were sleeping in.

“Goodnight, Ocellus,” replied Riku while watching her heading back.

“And may your heart by your guiding key.”


Outside of the castle, Axel was standing near the bearer eating sea salt ice cream. He brought three an hour ago just before all lights went out for the night. After one more bite, Axel looked up into the sky and saw the stars shining bright.

“Well, Roxas, Xion, here we are. Off to another war in the morning. But only this time, we’re together and not separated like last time.”

Just then, he heard a voice coming from behind him and inside the castle.

“Hi, Axel.”

Axel turned his head round to see none other than Spike flying out of the castle and towards him before landing next to him.

“Oh hey, Spike. Doing okay?”

Spike looked at Axel before answering, “Yeah, I’m doing okay. You?”

Axel let out a friendly chuckle. “Yeah, not too bad myself.” He then looked at his left hand, which was holding the other two sea salt ice cream, before giving one to Spike and he accepted one of the ice creams while saying, “Oh, thank you. You really don’t mind?”

“Yeah!” Axel replied politely, “Besides, I can’t eat all of this.” He looked at the ice cream he was eating, “Still not sure why I brought three though. Normally I buy three for me, Roxas and Xion when we were Nobodies and after defeat Xehanort. But I did exactly what I did before the day we fought the seekers. Brought one for me, one for Roxas, and one for good luck which was actually for Xion after forgetting her. And both Roxas and Xion are in bed anyway, I don’t really wanna wake them up after everything that has happened today.”

Spike took one bite of his ice cream before politely saying, “You can say you felt like it since you’re keeping guard until you go to sleep with Roxas and Xion.”

Axel gave his dragon friend a smile. “Yeah. I suppose I can. Why are you up anyway? Thought you be asleep by now.”

“Well...” Spike began after taking another bite of his ice cream, “I’m just worried about tomorrow. This wouldn’t be the first time me and my family and friends went to a big fight or faced a big enemy. First, we faced Nightmare Moon. Next, we faced Discord before he was not quite reformed after Chrysalis invaded and the Crystal Empire returned with King Sombra. Later on, we faced Discord’s vines and Lord Tirek before facing Starlight Glimmer and helped her turn good again and she saved us from Chrysalis. Suddenly, we freed the pillars and fought the Pony of Shadows before The Storm King invaded. Year after that, we started opening up a school of friendship and Neighsay started being racist about other creatures attending the school but then changed his way after Cozy Glow made the magic fade and The Warlocks foalnapped Oliver months after that. Then, we faced King Sombra again and the legion of doom after that, along with Xehanort. Grogar didn’t really brought those lot together, that was Discord really who thought that threats can help prove future rulers are ready. And now, we’re fighting The Storm King again along with his warriors. I’m not sure how can I keep up with this.”

“I know was that like,” said Axel while looking up at the stars in the sky, “After meeting the girl, Xemnas and Fourth Shadow was on about, we became apprentices. Next, Ansem the Wise went up and vanish. The day after, we began Nobodies. Lastly, we did icky jobs for Xemnas. I couldn’t keep up with Isa. But I still didn’t give up. Because I started to think that, if I continue making friends and keeping promises no matter what, I might be able to find her. Then I wouldn’t have to keep being worried about her, and then we can all be together. The way it should be.”

“So what you’re saying is that even more big fights and villains will keep on appearing, no matter if they’re the same villains as before or not, there’s no reason to give up like there’s no other way to stop them?” Spike asked before taking another bite of his ice cream.

Axel nodded his head at Spike while smiling at him. “Yeah. I may have failed to stop Xemnas from taking Kairi to Xehanort. But this time, I know for sure, that mistake would happen again. And after that, I’ll continue finding a way to bring her back and continue looking after my friends! Especially Kairi! I’m even making sure those storm jerks don’t lay a paw on you.”

Spike finished the last bite of his ice cream as he then smiled at Axel and said, “Thanks, Axel. I’ll be sure to have your back too.”

Axel grinned at Spike in a friendly way while letting out a chuckle. “Thanks. At least we both know we’ll get through this together no matter what. All of us will.”

The baby dragon started to fly in mid air as he was about to head off to bed already. “Well, might as well head off to bed now and get some sleep. Goodnight, Axel.”

“Sleep tight, kid. I’ll see you in the morning before we go clobber the warriors tomorrow.”

Spike smiled at Axel before saying, “Got that memorized.” He then fly back into the castle and on his way to Twilight’s room to sleep in his bed as Axel watched him fly away with a smile on his face. He then chuckled before looking back at the stars again.

“I know you do, Spike. You really are a quick learner.”

Axel continued to look at the stars while eating his ice creams until it was time for him to also head off to bed.


Oliver was carrying Flurry Heart to her bedroom since it was also past her bedtime. Once he reached her bedroom, he opened the door and walked inside. Oliver gently placed his little sister in her bed and placed the covers on her as she started cooing and giggling at her big brother while reaching her tiny hooves at him.

The boy alicorn smiled at the baby alicorn as he placed his hoof near Flurry Heart and allowed her to hold it with her tiny hooves.

“Flurry Heart, even though tomorrow’s fight is gonna a lot different than the last fight we had with the legion of doom, I’m still gonna say that me, Sora and your Auntie Twily will be just fine. We’ve got enough Keyblade wielders, guardians and friendship wielders to protect each other and every other creature. And once this is all over, we can spend some time together like you wanted to, and we won’t have to worry about The Storm King, Vanitas, Cozy Glow or the darkness ever again. So you stay here with Mom, Dad and the princesses tomorrow where it’s safe. Okay?”

Flurry Heart nodded her head in understood. “Aba!” She then let go of her brother’s hoof.

Oliver gave Flurry Heart a kiss on the forehead before making his way out of the bedroom while saying, “Goodnight, Flurry Heart.”

“Goodnight, Olive,” replied Flurry Heart, “I wove you.”

“Love you too, bug.” Oliver quietly closed the door behind as Flurry Heart started to fall asleep in her bed with her whammy.


In the young seven’s guest room, Lightning Twister was sleeping in Silverstream’s talon arms as she gently stroked his back and letting his head rest on her fur chest.

She then started to sing her lullaby to him.

Sleep my little brother
Sleep my little star
Sleep little piece
Of my heart
This little colt
Now wants to sleep

Silverstream carefully placed Lightning on the bed and slowly pulled the covers over him.

Let’s make his bed
Full of warmth and love

After singing her lullaby, Silverstream quietly said, “Goodnight, Lightning.” She gently gave him a kiss on forehead as they all heard Lightning sleeping peacefully.

After a few more seconds of watching, the Young Six decided it was time for them to go to sleep too.

Smolder and Silverstream carefully got into the covers and slowly wrapped their arms around the colt to keep him warm and safe during the night. Sandbar and Yona got into their bed just as Yona wrapped her hooves around her boyfriend. Gallus and Ocellus got into their own beds and they all fell asleep.

And just outside their guest bedroom, Sora and Kairi were standing guard by the door making sure the Young Seven were safe until it was the guards’s turn to watch guard during the night.

“That was a really sweet lullaby Silverstream sung in there for Lightning Twister,” said Kairi softly.

“Yeah,” agreed Sora, “She does enjoy acting like a big sister to him, especially since she does have a brother from what I heard and she treats Lightning like a second little brother.”

“Just like how you act like a big brother to him.”

Sora looked at his friends confusedly after hearing what she just said about him being a big brother to Lightning Twister. “I, do?”

“Mmhmm,” Kairi replied, “Ocellus has told me how much care you gave from your first visit here and I’ve seen how you took care of him when we came to rescue him from The Storm King. From the times you saved, the hugs you gave him and the kind words you said to him, you’re just like his big brother.”

Sora looked down at the floor for a bit and let those words sink into his head. Then, a smile grew on his face meaning that everything Kairi had said to him was all true. Sora did act like a big brother to Lightning Twister like how Silverstream acts like a big sister to him. From all the times he saved him, hugged him in comfort or happy to see each other again and saying kind truthful words to him, he didn’t even know he was acting like Lightning Twister had not only a big sister but also a big brother.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Sora looked back at Kairi while continuing to smile, “From my first visit here and everything that has happened that day, I haven’t even noticed I was acting like a big brother to him.”

“Well, you do now,” Kairi said playfully before giggling. But she then looked at the window near her with a sad and worried look on her face making Sora confused again. “I’m still worried about tomorrow though. What if it’s going to be like the same as last time? Only this time, not only will I get destroyed and have you disappear again, but Lightning will also get destroyed if he still refuses to be on The Storm King’s side.” She looked at Sora. “Do you think that’ll happen, Sora?”

Sora looked at his friend for a few seconds before looking down again and started to think of what Kairi just said about tomorrow. He was also worried about tomorrow before nightfall, he didn’t want the same thing happening again but with Lightning Twister this time.

Sora let out a calm sigh before answering, “I was also worried about tomorrow. I just, don’t want the same thing happening again. And I also can’t let the strike happen to Lightning causing me to disappear again, especially after everything he’s been through and he doesn’t deserve to be captured again and again.” He looked back at Kairi and smiled, “But I was able to stop feeling worried and started to believe that everything will alright tomorrow. Because as long as we got each other’s backs, we can also protect Lightning Twister with the help from his real family and friends. So, Kairi, when we go to war tomorrow...” Sora pulled out a yellow star shaped paopu fruit, that has one tiny leaf on the top, and showed it to her, “Can you still fight for me like last time?”

Kairi surprisedly looked at fruit and smiled at Sora while giggling. She then pulled out her own paopu fruit out and showed it to him. “I will, Sora. As long as you continue to fight for me too.”

Sora looked at the fruit before smiling at Kairi and chuckled.

“I will, Kairi. We will fight for each other. And for our friends.”

Kairi gave Sora a nod in response while the two continued to smile at each other. Sora took one bite from Kairi’s paopu fruit while she took one bite from his.

After Sora finished eating his bite of the fruit, he smiled at Kairi while she smiled at him, after eating hers, as he then said,

“May our hearts be our guiding keys.”

PreviousChapters Next