• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,170 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,170

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter IV: New Adventure Begins

Sora continued to stand alone with a shock and confuse look on his face and while he was still holding his keyblade out after slashing the Monster Tower core and hearing a familiar voice telling him to come back.

He stayed like that for a few more seconds when Kairi’s voice was heard.

“Sora! Sora!”

Sora finally snapped out of it before turning round behind him, as his keyblade magically disappeared, and saw Kairi running towards him.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he answered, “Are you alright as well?”

Kairi nodded in response. “Yep.”

“Sora! Kairi!” Shouted the voices of Donald and Goofy.

Kairi turned round behind her and saw Donald, Goofy, Namine, Hayner, Pence and Olette running towards them.

“Are you two okay?” Pence asked worriedly.

“Yeah, we’re fine, Pence,” Sora answered happily.

“What were those ugly monsters?” Asked Hayner.

“Those were the unversed,” answered Goofy.

“The unversed?” Hayner asked confusedly.

“What are “unversed”?” Olette asked.

“They’re like the heartless, but not made from hearts,” answered Donald as Sora added on,

“They feed off negative emotion, in other words, they collect screams and sadness. They were made by a Seeker Of Darkness named Vanitas, they’re what he feels. So you could say, he’s the Master of the Unversed.”

“We fought him during the Keyblade War,” said Goofy.

“Okay, but if you defeated both him and the unversed during the war and ended the darkness, why are they still here?” Asked Pence.

Sora placed his hand on his chin and began to think. “I’m not quite sure really. But we need to get to the bottom of this and fast before more show up.”

Just then, a new male voice was heard from the distance. “Sora!”

Sora turned round and saw four other friends running towards them.

The boy has bright blue eyes and his hair was spikey, though is a golden blonde, with the front concentrates the spikes on the right side of his head as if windswept, while the back is smother and more flaky. His clothes consisted of a black high-collared jacket with a zipper in the form of an X. Over this was another jacket, unzipped and white, with several black block designs and a grey hem on the end of each sleeve. The jacket's color was red and pleated, folded back. His pants were in two colors, with the legs of his pants being beige with several buttons on the hem that attached to the upper part of the pants, which were a darker color. His shoes were colored in shades of grey and black, and had red straps in place of laces. On his left wrist was a wristband with a black-and-white checkerboard pattern, and a black ring on his index finger, and white ring on his middle finger. His was Roxas, who used to be a member of Organization XIII, and the Nobody of Sora.

The girl has short black hair, wore a sleeveless double buttoned, collar shirt and black belt, with a short white skirt underneath, and black boots that reach halfway to her knees with a beige color to the upper fifth. Her name was Xion, one of Roxas's friends during his time in the Organization.

One tall man has long red hair. His attire consisted of a long sleeveless hooded black vest, with a dark gray and red plaid button down shirt that was also sleevless, and a short-sleeve black shirt underneath. His pants were blackish-red and his black boots reached to his calves. His name was Lea, though he used to be Axel as a Nobody and still wants to be called by that name. Got it memorized?

The other tall man has long blue hair and blue eyes. There was a X-shaped scar on his face. How he got it, it is unknown. The man wore a long-sleeved, knee-length high-collar black jacket with black pants. The jacket had a short front zipper on each side, with a column of five buttons on a dark gray flap next to the longer zipper down the middle. There was gray camouflage patterning along his jacket, sleeves and pants. There was also a gold star and crescent moon medallion on the left side of his shirt, and there was black shoes with the same camouflage as well. His name was Isa, who used to be known as Saïx when he and Axel were nobodies.

“Roxas! Xion! Axel! Isa! Are you guys okay?” Sora asked just as the four stopped near them.

“Yeah, we’re fine,” answered Axel politely. “We came here to see if you lot were okay after the unversed attacked.”

“You got attacked by them too?!” Asked Donald in shock.

“Yes,” Isa answered, “We were helping out with getting the ice creams ready for the festival until the unversed showed up out of nowhere. Some appeared as tiny creatures while most of them formed an out of control tornado that made a dark core inside of it.”

“We told Hayner, Pence and Olette to go into hiding while we took care of them,” said Xion, “But the tornado unversed followed them and the mini unversed creatures stopped us from trying to save them.”

“But it seems like you guys did us a favour and took care of that tornado unversed for us,” Axel said happily.

“Yeah, it just showed up after Hayner, Pence and Olette ran straight pass us,” replied Sora, “But the only question is, why are the unversed still here after two years?”

“And also, is Vanitas still alive and trying to finish what Xehanort started?” Goofy asked.

“That we need to figure out as well,” said Sora.

Just then, there was a ringtone and buzzing sound coming from Sora’s pocket. It was his gummiphone. It’s like a phone, but it can do video calls, play games and even take amazing photos. Sora took his gummiphone out of his phone, pressed the answer button on the screen and on the video call was none other than his other friend, Riku.

“Sora, sorry if it’s a bad time to talk, but I just wanted to know if you and Kairi are okay?”

“Yeah, we’re okay, Riku,” answered Sora politely, “And no, it’s not a bad time at the moment. It just been a bad time like two minutes ago when the unversed attacked.”

Riku was shocked by this.

“No way! You got attacked by them as well?!”

“Huh? They attacked you too?!”

“Yeah. Me, Mickey, Terra, Aqua and Ven were getting things ready to take to the festival when the Floods came out of nowhere and started again, even some turned into a tornado form like the heartless once did. But we’re okay now, we manage to get rid of them for now.”

Sora sighed in relief. He was glad that his other five friends weren’t after the unversed attack.

“Anyways, Sora,” went on Riku, “The other reason why I called you is because Mickey revived a letter from Master Yen Sid. He said he wants us all to meet him in his tower as soon as possible. He may know what’s going on with the unversed returning.”

Sora nodded at Riku on the phone screen before saying, “Alright. We’ll be there as quickly as we can.”

“Okay, we’ll be waiting for you. Oh and tell Roxas, Xion and Axel to put their black coats, just in case we need to go somewhere that’s full of darkness and it might effect them since they were once part of the old Organization. We’ll be in touch.” Riku said before ending the call.

Sora placed his gummiphone back into his pocket.

“Well, who was it?” Donald asked.

“It was Riku,” answered Sora, “He told me that Yen Sid wants us to meet him and the others in his tower. It could be about the unversed returning.”

“Well what are we waiting for then? Let’s get going!” Goofy said.

“Right. Oh before I forget.” Sora turned to look at Roxas, Xion and Axel. “Riku also told me to ask you three to put your black coats on. Just in case we need to go somewhere that might be full of darkness and might effect you.”

“We sure can, Sora,” answered Roxas, “Luckily, Axel keeps our coats safe in case we need to go somewhere where darkness is about.”

Axel just let out a smile before saying, “You can never be prepared in case for times like this.”

Roxas and Xion let out a happily chuckle while smiling at Axel. The red hair friend looked at Isa before saying, “You go with Namine, Hayner Pence and Olette and make sure everyone is safe. If you see any unversed about, try to get rid of them as much as you can.”

“Got it,” Isa answered before running off with the other four leaving only the seven heroes of light.

Axel looked at Sora and said, “You go get the gummiship ready. We’ll go get our coats on ready and make you at the ship.

“Right,” replied Sora while nodding.

The two groups went their separate ways and began getting ready to head to Yen Sid’s tower.


In the mysterious area of Twilight Town, lies a surrealistic, crooked, golden-brown Tower with blue cone-shaped turret roofs, decorated with moons and stars.

Inside the study room of the tower, it had several shelves containing many books and several about the exploits of King Mickey. There was also a large wooden desk behind which Yen Sid sits, and behind it, large star and moon windows displaying the Countryside.

As for Yen Sid, he’s a rather severe-looking old man with long, grey hair, bushy eyebrows, and a long, grey beard that parts down the middle. He wears the famous, conical sorcerer's hat on his head. The hat is blue and decorated with several yellow stars and a yellow crescent moon. He wears long, billowing blue robes with sky blue lining, with the insides of his robes being dark red.

The retired keyblade master was sitting behind his desk with the guardians of light standing near his desk, which are Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, the three friends now wearing their black coats and three other guardians that wield the keyblade.

One was an anthropomorphic mouse with black fur, round ears of the same color, and a thin, long, black tail. The fur on his face is cream-colored. He wears red shorts, a dark grey t-shirt with a short-sleeve jacket that looks like the one Riku has, his shoes were yellow with grey on the top. His name was King Mickey.

The other looks exactly like Roxas, but he wears a jacket with white on the right side and black on the left side. The collar of the jacket is red and pleated, similar to the collar on Roxas's own jacket. Underneath this, he wears a grey vest with a single button and several white, angular patterns on it. He wears a third layer under this, in the form of a plain, high-necked, black shirt. He also has a chunk of dull green and grey armor on his midsection that appears to be under his vest. His shorts are also similar to Roxas’s, though his balloon outward slightly before closing up about halfway down his legs, similar to caprice pants. His shorts are coloured in shades of grey, black and white. He also wears an ornate, dull green and grey piece of armor on his upper-left arm, along with a black and white checkered wristband that is, once again, strikingly similar to Roxas's, but with white edges as opposed to Roxas's black-edged wristband. Like Aqua, he wears two criss-crossing straps on his chest, on which he wears a silver Keyblade Master emblem. His boots are rather odd when compared to Aqua's, as they resemble an armored version of normal street shoes in shades of dull green and grey. His name was Ventus, though he prefers to called by Ven.

The last one was a tall and muscular young man with brown hair that reaches to the base of his neck in the back and is styled into rather messy, vertical spikes and bangs that frame his face. He has blue eyes and slightly tanned skin. Interestingly, he bears a slight resemblance to a young Xehanort.
Like his friends, he wears two intersecting straps over his chest, though his red ones are rather different, dropping much lower down and almost resembling criss-crossed suspenders. Unlike Aqua and Ventus, he doesn't wear his badge (which is gold as opposed to the others' silver) on these straps. Instead, he wears it on his belt.
He wears a skintight, black, high-collared shirt, showing that he is rather muscular. Terra's trousers bear a distinct feudal Japanese style; his belt is tied like an obi-sash and he wears hakama (traditional samurai pants distinguished by the large pleats).
His hakama are dark grey near the top, with several loops for his belt and two buttons, both of which are undone. The rest of the pants are tan with a small, lighter stripe of tan on the bottom hem.
He wears a plain black wristband on his right arm, while his left arm is significantly more armored.
Like Aqua and Ven, he wears armor on one arm, with his bearing similarities to both of his companions. His armor shares the large, ornate crest (colored gold) with Ven and the long, segmented section (each segment alternating between dark grey and dark red) with Aqua, though his armor piece is much longer, reaching all the way to the bottom of his hand.
He also wears a black, fingerless glove on his hand and what appears to be a black gauntlet on his forearm, over the segmented armor, which also has small pieces of dark red armor on it. Finally, his armored boots are dark brown and gold.
His name was Terra.

They all standing near Yen Sid’s desk while looking at him.

“Master Yen Sid, is it true? Are the unversed really back?” Mickey asked worriedly.

“I’m afraid so, Mickey,” answered Yen Sid, “The unversed have raised once more. Which means that Vanitas could be back as well, but I’m not quite sure just yet. His scent seems not to be around here but somewhere else if I’m fully correct.”

“So what you’re saying that, if Vanitas has returned,” said Ventus with his hand on his chin, “He did what I did after we both stroke down. Joined my heart with someone else’s heart.”

“That is correct,” Said Yen Sid, “Just like you, Vanitas joined his heart with someone else’s heart. Someone who has the same darkness that he does. However...that someone, isn’t a keyblade wielder or master, or anything like any of us.”

Everyone looked at each other confusedly before looking at Yen Sid again as Sora asked, “What do you mean?”

Yen Sid slowly and gently rubbed his beard before answering,

“The heart that his heart joined wasn’t anyone from this world, or any of the Seekers Of Darkness. The heart belonged to someone, from a different world known as, Equestria.”

Sora let out a small gasp of shock after hearing the word Equestria. He knew about that world ever since he used the power of waking one last time to save Kairi.

“Equestria?! Vanitas joined his heart with someone that’s from Equestria?! But, that’s impossible! The three most evilest villains I faced there are now gone. There was Chrysalis, who was once queen of the Changeling race. Lord Tirek, who can suck magic out of any pony. And Cozy Glow, who is just a filly but can be evil. And they were all vanish to a world that no villain can escape. Unless Vanitas did it before or after the three got vanish.”

“That might be true, Sora,” replied Yen Sid, “Vanitas might have done it before or after you and your new friends from Equestria defeated Young Xehanort and the villains of Equestria. However, Vanitas did joined heart move long after his strike with Ventus, so it’s hard to tell who he joined his heart with.”

“Sora, did one of the three Equestria villains had the same scent that Vanitas has?” Terra asked, “If he joined his heart with one of them, they must have the same scent as him.”

Sora shook his head sadly in response.

“I don’t really know for sure, Terra. I was so busy trying to help and save my friends back in Equestria, that I didn’t smell any of Vanitas’s scent from either of them.”

“Don’t blame yourself, Sora,” Aqua said kindly, “It wasn’t your fault you couldn’t smell his scent from any of those three.” Ven nodded in agreement.

“Which reminds me,” said Donald before crossing his arms and looking at Sora, “Did you remember about the order while you there, Sora?” He then raised an eyebrow at him.

Sora started to nervously scratch the back of his head. “Uh...well, I Uh....”

“Equestria is a land that isn’t connected to our world, Donald,” Yen Sid said making both Sora and Donald look at him, “Sora had every right to tell his new friends there everything about our world, the keyblade, Master Xehanort and how it all started when he first got the keyblade.”

Sora sighed in relief. He was worried that he was going to get into trouble telling his friends from Equestria about everything before he entered Equestria.

“So, this Equestria world...you think the unversed are also invading there as well?” Riku asked.

“That I believe so, Riku,” the retired keyblade master answered, “If Vanitas has returned, and teamed up with the one he joined hearts with, there will no telling what they’ll do with darkness and the unversed.”

“But that would mean, my friends there are in trouble,” Sora said to himself before reaching into his pocket, pulled out the rubber crown chain and looked at it. It was the same rubber crown chain that Lightning Twister gave to him before he left Equestria and returned to his actual home.

“What’s that?” Xion asked.

“It’s a rubber crown,” answered Sora, “It was made by one of my new friends from Equestria. His name was Lightning Twister. He gave it to me after I promised to return one day and before I gave him a necklace I made for him. Something for him to remember me in case I take too long to return.”

Kairi smiled at him before saying, “That was so nice of you to do that, Sora. Does he still have it?”

Sora shrugged in response.

“I dunno, Kairi. But I’m sure he still has it nice and safe with him.”

“Such kindness young Lightning Twister had in him,” said Yen Sid as Sora looked at him again, “He must be looking forward to seeing you again when you go to Equestria to help with the big unversed situation there.”

Sora smiled before saying, “I bet he is. That’s why we’ll be heading to Equestria as soon as possible.”

“Oh no you don’t!” Said the duck wizard, “You may have went off to save Kairi by yourself, but there’s no way we’re gonna let... Wait. Did you say just say, ‘we’?”

“Of course I did, Donald,” Sora answered politely, “If Vanitas is back and is causing trouble in Equestria with his unversed and new friend, then my new friends there are gonna need all the help they can get. Besides, I know you lot wanna help out as well, right?”

“Of course we do!” Goofy replied happily.

“I still wanna on adventure with you one day, Sora,” said Kairi, “So yeah, I’d love to help.”

“I believe that we’re quite ready for another adventure,” Aqua said with Terra and Ven giving Sora a nod after that.

“We’d be happy to tag along and help, Sora,” said Roxas happily.

“Yeah,” added Axel, “And besides, you never know when you might need someone to help you pull out from the darkness if you ever get stuck in it. And no darkness can stop me from saving my friends.” He then placed a left finger on the left side of his head. “Got it memorized?”

Sora smiled at his friends before saying, “Then it’s settled. We’re all going to Equestria and help out an end to the unversed invasion.”

“Very well,” said Yen Sid in respect, “I shall let you all be on your way.”


One hour has passed and Sora, along with Donald, Goofy, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Roxas, Xion and Axel, were inside the Gummi Ship that was floating in blue sky space with Ventus, Aqua and Terra, in their keyblade armours, flying on their keyblade gliders.

“All right, Sora,” Aqua said through the speaker of her armour, “We're ready when you are.”

“You got it!” Said Sora before turning off the speaker on the Gummi ship controls.

Sora looked at Kairi, who was standing right next to the front seat Sora sits at, as she looked at him before Sora asked, “Care to do the honours, Kairi?”

“I’d love to,” answered Kairi before summoning her keyblade and pointing it towards the big window of the Gummi Ship.

A light started to appear at the end of Kairi’s keyblade as it magically made a light portal outside of the Gummi Ship.

Kairi’s keyblade magically disappeared. She smiled at Sora while he smiled at her as well before placing his hands on the two pullers and said, “Alright, next stop. Equestria!”

With that being said, Sora flew the Gummi Ship into the portal, followed by Ven, Aqua and Terra, as the portal closed behind them.

Their new adventure has begun!

KINGDOM HEARTS: DARK ORDER

PreviousChapters Next