• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXXIX: Storm Reveal

Back at Radiant Garden, Sora and the group were walking to the Gummi Ship, with Flurry Heart riding on Oliver’s back, so they head to Land of Departure where Riku, Mickey, Fizzlepop, Roxas, Xion, Axel, Spike and the Young Seven are.

Oliver however stopped walking, while the others went a bit, before he stared up into the sky making his little sister confuse by this.

Sora and the others quickly notice this as they stopped walking and looked back at him. They walked towards him to see if everything was alright.

“What’s wrong?” Goofy asked worriedly.

“There’s something, that’s been bothering me ever since we’ve gotten that card from Vanitas at Ansem’s lab,” answered Oliver while still looking at the sky.

“What about it?” Donald asked.

“Well...” Oliver moved his head down to look at his friends, “How many more cards do we need to collect now?”

Suddenly, a familiar voice was heard from the distance.

“That’s all of them. Your friends back at Equestria have already found the last one after destroying the replicas.”

They all turned and saw it was none other than Young Xehanort walking towards them before stopping near them.

“Xehanort!” Sora growled before they all stood in battle mode while Flurry Heart hid behind her big brother’s head. “Why are you here...?

“I am nothing but a mere copy of myself made by The Storm King,” answered Young Xehanort, “I was set out to stop you all from finding those cards and finding the secret hideout to where Vanitas and Cozy Glow are along with The Storm King himself. The Unversed you fought, were summoned by me with the gift from Vanitas. But it seems, they’ve all been found now. No matter, are you all ready to face the truth about Lightning Twister?”

Sora growled angrily before summoning his Keyblade while saying, “Enough! Once we place the cards together, we’re stopping The Storm King, Vanitas and Cozy Glow, and saving Lightning Twister!”

“Unfortunately...you’re a little too late,” Young Xehanort said.

“Huh?” But before Sora say anything else, he heard Lightning’s voice echo in his head.

“Sora!”

Sora let out a small gasp of shock after hearing that voice. “Lightning.”

The way Lightning called out to him sounded like he was in trouble and needed his help.

“Vanitas and Cozy Glow have already got to him at Land of Departure before you could. Lightning Twister is now about to discover the ultimate truth. I wonder how Fluttershy will also take it when she hears it?”

A dark corridor appeared around Young Xehanort and disappeared taking him along.

“Sora! Xehanort got away!” Donald shouted at Sora getting his attention.

“Doesn’t matter!” He replied in a serious tone, “Lightning and the others are now in danger at Land of Departure! We have to hurry before Vanitas or Cozy Glow can do anything to hurt our friends!”

They gave him a serious nod before they all quickly ran towards the Gummi Ship to fly all the way to Land of Departure to save their friends.


Everyone was in grave danger in the castle at Land of Departure. Riku, King Mickey, Roxas, Xion, Axel, Spike, Fizzlepop Berrytwist and the Young Six were all trapped in the darkness tentacles and were struggling to break free, but couldn’t since the tentacles were too strong for them.

As for Lightning Twister, he was shaking in fear while staring worriedly at his friends were all trapped in the tentacles before looking at Vanitas and Cozy Glow who were standing a few metres away from the boy while looking at him.

The guardians stopped struggling and looked at the three with worried looks on their faces as they didn’t know who the two were gonna do to Lightning.

Lightning was still scared, but he still wanted to know why The Storm King wanted him so he said, “Why did The Storm King come for me? Why did he want to foalnap a child? Tell me.”

“Because he saw what you’ll become,” answered Vanitas before taking two steps forward, “You don’t just have fear. You have darkness. His darkness, and his soul and blood. You’re his grandson.”

Vanitas raised his right hand forward while pointing a finger at the colt.

“You...are the Storm Pony.”

That left Lightning Twister and the others in complete shock and lost for words. Now they know why Vanitas and Cozy Glow were after him the whole time and how Lightning was able to kill Tempest Plagueis. It was the darkness from The Storm King, and due to the fact that he was the grandson of the evil yeti from long ago.

Vanitas moved his hand back down as he and Cozy Glow started walking slowly to the colt while Vanitas said, “My Master was the apprentice of The Storm King. Your mother was the daughter of The Storm King. What he suddenly realise before then, is that we’re both balance in the light within Kingdom Hearts, Lightning. Two darknesses and one light, that are one.”

Lightning walked back in fear while shaking before falling onto his back and looked at the two with a scared look on his face.

“We’ll save him, together,” said Vanitas as he and the filly stopped walking, “And take the throne.”

Lightning didn’t know what to do. If he helped The Storm King and take the throne, he’ll be betraying his family and friends. But if he refuses, there’s a small chance he’ll get destroyed and still be used to bring the evil yeti back. So he continued to shake in fear while sweating nervously.

Just then, they all heard a ship zooming outside the castle. They all looked at the windows on the right and saw the Gummi Ship flying by them meaning that Sora and the others have arrived to save the day.

Riku recognise the ship and let out a small gasp of happiness before saying, “Sora!”

Vanitas grinned evilly. “Hmph. I expected them to arrive after we took the kid.”

A bright light appeared behind near Lightning Twister and disappeared to reveal Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, Aqua, Oliver in his ink demon form and Flurry Heart flying near her brother all staring crossly at the Vanitas and Cozy Glow while Lightning and the others stared at them.

“What, have, you, done?!” Sora asked angrily while taking a few steps forward.

“What The Storm King wanted before he was destroyed,” answered Vanitas, “To have his Storm Pony, and then destroy the magic of friendship. For all your powers that stopped Xehanort long ago, you didn’t see The Storm King was behind the darkness of Xehanort all along. But now you have.”

Vanitas and Cozy Glow summoned their Keyblades together which made everyone go into shock because Cozy Glow’s Keyblade is exactly the same as Vanitas’s and she can wield one.

“A Keyblade?! You wield one?!” Mickey asked in shock.

“I joined my heart with Vanitas, remember?” The filly answered with a cute expression before making it into an evil look, “Which means I can also wield a Keyblade too. And it also means I can do THIS!”

Cozy Glow shot a grasp ball of darkness by swinging her Keyblade to the left and it flew towards Sora and the group. But they jumped to each side just before the grasp ball hit the ground and exploded.

“Nice dodge, Kairi!” Axel said with a smile.

“Thanks, Axel!” Replied Kairi kindly before glaring back at the two.

Flurry Heart shot a magical beam at the darkness tentacles making them disappear in dark smoke as the guardians and creatures landed safely on the ground.

“Thanks, Flurry Heart,” said Spike softly to his little niece.

Flurry Heart let out a giggle while smiling at her Uncle Spike. But the smile faded away and turned into a scared look after hearing Vanitas growling angrily and before she quickly hid behind her big brother in his inky demon form.

“I’ve had enough of this!” Vanitas yelled, “I’m just gonna do this the hard way now!”

Vanitas disappeared in a flash making everyone look around the place trying to find him only for him to reappear in front of Lightning Twister, making him shake in fear even more, and grabbed him before he could even try to escape from him just as the others saw what he was doing.

“Lightning!” Sora shouted worried while quickly running towards them to save the colt.

“Sora!” Lightning called out to as he reached a hoof out to him.

But before Sora could save his friend, Vanitas jumped really high and over Sora and the others, landed on his feet and quickly ran down the stairs to get away from the guardians and creature while holding tight onto the colt.

“Stop him!” Shouted Ink Bendy before running off after the evil Keyblade Wielder.

The others ran after Vanitas as well, but Kairi and Aqua didn’t reach after them as Cozy Glow quickly flew in front stopping them in their tracks with an evil grin on her face.

The two girls glared at the evil filly before summoning their Keyblades and stood in battle mode.

“Are you ready for this, Kairi?” Aqua asked while glaring at Cozy Glow.

“Yes,” answered Kairi as she continued to glare at Cozy Glow as well.

Cozy continued to float in mid air while holding her Keyblade as she started to spin round really fast to smack the two female Keyblade wielders really hard.

But Aqua and Kairi used their Keyblades to block the spin attack by Cozy Glow with sparks striking from the attacks from the Keyblade spin attack.

Once she stopped spinning, it was Aqua’s turn to do some Keyblade spinning, but with magic.

“Take that!” Aqua pointed her Keyblade up in the air while spinning around as it created a icy tornado around her and shoot out ice rocks out.

The ice rocks hit Cozy Glow on the top of her causing her to shout “ow!” in pain.

Aqua stopped spinning. Cozy Glow rubbed the top of her head with her hoof before glaring very angrily at Aqua and Kairi before growling.

“Fire!” Kairi shot three fire balls from the end of her Keyblade and they flew towards Cozy. But she manage to avoid them by smashing them with her Keyblade.

Aqua’s Keyblade began to glow light at the end of the blade as Aqua pointed it at the evil filly. It then shot thirteen tiny balls of colourful lights in a circle and flew towards Cozy before smacking her. It happened a second time too.

Cozy Glow began to breath very heavily before glaring at the two girls as darkness smoke appeared on her.

“So you two wanna play bad guys? That’s fine then. Because I’m the bad guy.”

Cozy Glow raised her Keyblade up before pointing it at Kairi and Aqua. She made darkness grasp balls shoot out from the end of the blade and flew towards them.

“Watch out!” Shouted Aqua. She and Kairi ducked down to the floor just as the balls flew over and landed on the floor causing them to explode.

Aqua and Kairi got back up and looked behind them to see what was left from the darkness balls. They looked forward and saw the evil filly flying away possibly to find Vanitas and get out of here with poor Lightning Twister.

“After her!” Aqua said as she and Kairi ran straight after Cozy Glow before she could do anything that could harm the colt.


Vanitas continued to hold Lightning tight to him while running away from Sora and the others who were catching him to save the poor kid as he struggled to break free from Vanitas’s arms, but it wasn’t any good.

“Sora! Smolder! Silverstream! Help me!” Lightning cried in fear.

“Don’t worry, Braveheart!” Smolder shouted while flying, “We’re coming!”

Vanitas was nearly at a dead end of the castle and will easily be caught before he could bring Lightning to The Storm King. And just like that, he stopped at the dead end as he turned round to glare at the guardians and creatures.

They all glared at Vanitas. Sora took a few steps forward before summoning his Keyblade and then pointing it at him while saying, “It’s all over, Vanitas! Let Lightning Twister go! Now!”

Vanitas growled angrily at Sora, he wasn’t going to give up so easily. He suddenly saw something which made him grinned and let out a chuckle. Sora was confuse by this and looked at where Vanitas was looking at.

There he saw Cozy Glow flying quickly towards them and kicked Sora really hard on the forehead causing him to fall to his knees as she floated near her brother and grinned at the heroes just as Kairi and Aqua caught up and stood with the guardians and creatures.

“Eight guardians and seven wielders are more that we care to face,” said Vanitas while Lightning struggled to break free again, “But now that The Storm King’s grandson is finally in our hands and hooves, I’m just certain you’ve collect all the cards to witness what our king has in store for you all.”

A dark corridor appeared around the three and then disappeared taking them along. There they saw their little friend was no where to be found.

Lightning Twister was captured by the darkness. Once again.

“Oh, no...” Sora said quietly to himself. He knew this was gonna be bad for not only his home, but also for Equestria and Lightning Twister.

There’ll be no telling what might happen to him.

Author's Note:

What will happen next and what will happen to poor Lightning Twister?

PreviousChapters Next