• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XL: Hideout Found

At the Storm Kingdom, it was thundering every four minutes making the place even more scary than it was before.

Inside the throne room, a dark corridor appeared as Vanitas and Cozy Glow walked out the corridor, with poor Lightning Twister still trapped in Vanitas’s arms, before it disappeared behind them.

Once they were near the throne part of the room, they stopped and Vanitas placed Lightning in front of them and near the throne.

The scared colt looked around the place before looking up and shook in fear to who he just saw. There he saw The Storm King still alive a bit while stone was still covering a bit of his body except for his right hand and sitting on his throne.

The yeti smiled evilly at Lightning as he was proud that Vanitas and Cozy Glow have finally brought him the colt.

“Long have I waited...” The Storm King said, “For my grandson to come home.”

Lightning took a step back a bit while looking at The Storm King and shaking in fear still.

“I never wanted to destroy you or your mother when she betrayed me. I wanted you to come here...Lightning Storm Twister.”

The yeti slowly moved his right hand to the right reveal the throne next to his. That was Lightning Twister’s throne, for him to rule Equestria by his grandfather’s side. It looked a lot like The Storm King’s throne only medium size so it’s perfect for the colt to sit on.

“You will take the throne. It is your birthright, to rule by my side. It is in your blood. OUR blood.”

Lightning continued to shake in fear of The Storm King, but he tried to brave so he said, “I don’t want to lead the darkness. I want to end it.”

“As a Friendship Wielder?” Asked The Storm King.

Lightning didn’t know what he meant by that, but he continued to try to be brave. “Yes.”

“Oh, no,” said The Storm King while shaking his head, “I’m afraid that’s not possible. Your blood is apart of mine. And my soul’s been living inside of you ever since your weak mother ran away from me a long time ago. That’s why I needed to find her before you were even born.”

“Momma was strong and brave enough to run away and did the best she could to protect me. She was trying to save me from you, and she did.”

“Tempest Shadow was saved by that meddling princess of friendship, and not even her parents knew what she was doing after running away to fix her horn when she was grown up. The only family you have left now, is with me.”

Storm King snapped his clawed fingers as four chains appeared from the two pillars on each side of the floor and wrapped around Lightning’s hooves making sure he doesn’t try to escape.

Lightning looked at the chains inow even more scared than ever as he looked at the yeti again.

“The time has come!” Storm King announced, “With the power of the darkness, the Unversed and my soul remaining in my grandchild, we shall go forth! And take back what should have been mine a long time ago!” He grinned evilly at Vanitas before saying, “Do it.”

Vanitas took a few steps forward, placed his right hand out and summoned his Keyblade. He pointed it at Lightning as darkness light appeared at the end of the blade and beamed at the colt causing him to feel great pain from that dark light.

Suddenly, dark magic soul came flowing from Lightning and towards The Storm King which made Lightning feel even more pain than Cold Wind hitting him.

“Argh! Please! No! Stop! Aaaaahhhhh!”

The Storm King started to feel like new again as the stone started to crumble from the rest of his body making him able to move again.

“Yes,” he said proudly but evilly, “Now that’s the stuff I’ve been waiting for.”

The soul continued to flow from within poor Lightning Twister and into The Storm King as Lightning started to cry tears of pain and closed his eyes before crying out the one pony he wanted right now.

“MOMMMAA!!”


Everyone, still in the throne room of the Crystal Empire castle, were still waiting for Sora and the others to return from their group missions.

Constantine was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed with Vincent flipping his coin next to him, Rainbow and Applejack were pacing back and forth, Cadence was sitting on her throne with her right leg leaning on the throne stand and her face on her cheek while the others just stood around waiting.

Just then, the throne room doors open and everyone had smiles in hopes that their other friends, and of course Lightning Twister, have returned.

But their smiles turned into frowns and worried looks as they did see Sora and the others return from their group missions, but neither of them had happy looks on their faces like they often do after completing their mission. Their looks were very sad, especially Smolder.

Cadence took off her throne and walked towards her son and daughter. Flurry Heart was sitting on Oliver’s back with a very upset look.

The princess of love gently picked up the baby princess from Oliver’s back and cradled her close to her before asking, “Flurry Heart, what’s wrong? Why are you all upset?”

Flurry Heart sadly looked up to her mother and said in a sad baby tone, “Mama, Lightning Twister gone.”

Cadence was confuse by what her baby daughter just said to her.

“Gone? What do you mean Lightning Twister’s gone?”

“What she meant, Cadence,” Riku began to explain, “Is that we had Lightning Twister safe with us, but he got captured again. By Vanitas and Cozy Glow.”

The mane eight, Sunburst, Capper, the princesses, Shining Armor, Amore, Ventus and Terra all now have sad looks on their faces after hearing that poor Lightning Twister has been captured once more. Pear Butter and Bright Mac still haven’t met the young colt, but they still felt bad for them as their looks were sad as well.

Constantine and Vincent felt awful for what had just happened to the groups that went out on three different missions. They went over to Oliver and gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

Fluttershy started to cry as her baby boy was captured for the sixth time now. Capper carefully wrapped his arms around his wife and started to gently rub her back in comfort, especially since he was upset that his son was captured again.

“I...I can’t believe he got captured again!” Twilight said sadly before Shining gently placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“I’m so sorry, Fluttershy,” said Riku in sadness and guilt, “I promised I would bring him back safe and sound for you. But I broke that promise and let him get captured again.”

“It’s not your fault, Riku,” Fluttershy replied while still crying, “I refuse to blame you for what has happened.”

“And to make things worse, The Storm King’s behind all of this,” said Spike.

The eight ponies, three princesses, the apple pear couple, Shining, Terra and Ven gasped in shock after hearing that news from the baby dragon. Fluttershy was now shocked, scared and upset than ever, more than the night Cold Wind foalnapped Lightning at the Gala. But not only that, they couldn’t believe The Storm King has returned after his stone defeat long ago.

“My baby boy has captured by Vanitas and Cozy Glow who are really working for that Storm Monster?!” Cried Fluttershy with tears still rolling down her face, “Lightning’s still afraid of thunder storms! He can get hurt by him!”

“But how is he back?!” Sunburst asking shockingly, “He was destroyed long ago, never to be seen again!”

“His remaining Tempest warriors picked up his remaining stone parts and manage to brought him back alive a bit thanks to the dangerous experiment pieces Cozy and Vanitas stole from the lab,” answered Aqua.

“And I don’t think he will hurt him, Fluttershy,” said Sora making everyone confuse again.

“What do you mean, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

“The reason why The Storm King was after Lightning is because...he has his blood, and his soul. Lightning Twister is the grandson of The Storm King. He is, the Storm Pony we keep hearing about.”

They all now even more shocked than ever. Lightning Twister was the son of Rain Heart who was the daughter of The Storm King making the young colt a Storm Pony and the grandson of the evil yeti king.

“Lightning Twister is related, to The Storm King?!” Celestia asked in deep shock.

“He was a traitor to us the whole time!” Pinkie Pie shouted angrily.

“Whoa Whoa Whoa now, Pinkie Pie!” Applejack said crossly, not happy with the pink pony, “There’s no need to say Lightning’s a traitor to us! We didn’t know The Storm King was his grandfather, and neither did we!”

“But he’s still the grandson of that evil meanie yeti! I say once we get the colt, we lock him up and get him to tell us what is The Storm King’s true plan so we can defeat him, Vanitas and Cozy Glow before sending Lightning off to Tartarus!”

“NO!” Fluttershy cried, “I love that colt very much! We can’t throw him into Tartarus after discovering he’s the grandson of the Storm King!”

“And that’s my boyfriend you’re now threatening!” Smolder said angrily, “If you think you can just go ahead and throw away all the love and care about Lightning Twister just because he’s related to that beast and was pretending to be a good guy. You got another thing coming!”

“I agree with them, Pinkie,” agreed Twilight, “Lightning Twister may be The Storm King’s grandson, but I refuse to believe he is part of his plan from the very beginning when Fluttershy first found him and the whole Cold Wind abusing him was a setup when we all saw what that stallion did at the Crystal Empire.”

“Hmph!” Pinkie said while crossing her hooves and looking away. “That colt broke every Pinkie promise we made.”

Everyone turned back to each other to continue digesting how to save Lightning Twister once again.

“So how can we rescue the kid this time if we still don’t know where the hideout is?” Gallus asked.

“I’m not sure, Gallus,” replied Sora, “After our group missions, we still know nothing about their hideout. And all we got are the other cards we collected.” He pulled the cards out while Ventus pulled out the other two.

“What do you think we suppose to do with them now?” Donald asked.

“Maybe, put them together?” Kairi suggested.

Sora shrugged and decided to give it a shot. Sora and Ven walked towards each other and placed the four cards together as a bright light appeared on top of them. The two let go of the cards, took a step back and watched the light shone very brightly before turning some kind of castle like shape.

The light faded away to reveal the vision style of The Storm Kingdom, the location to where the hideout was.

“The Storm Kingdom,” said Princess Luna before growing a grin on her now that they all know where the hideout is, “So that’s your hideout, eh?”

“Well, now that we know where they are,” said Amore, “We can go straight over there, grab Lightning and return here before they can do anymore damage to him, right?”

“I’m afraid that’s not impossible, Amore,” replied Fizzlepop sadly, “The castle may not have made us see visions of me, Riku or Mickey as members of The Storm King’s crew when we went in to save Lightning and Silverstream, but it’s still a dangerous place, even for me. We can’t go in and save the poor kid.”

They all, except for Pinkie who was still looking away in a grump, looked down in a great sadness as new tears begin to roll down Fluttershy and Smolder’s face. The Storm Kingdom was still a dangerous and not safe for any creature to go in there. And now their sweet little Lightning Twister is totally gone and there’s no telling what that Storm King will do to him.

Sora looked down in sadness too before taking out his rubber crown from his pocket and looked at it. He started to remember the promise he made to Lightning about making the darkness go away and leave him alone before going off to visit Ansem the Wise. He placed the rubber crown close to his chest where his heart was and closed his eyes.

Sora reopened his eyes with a serious look while saying,

“I’ll save him.”

Everyone looked at Sora in shock after hearing him say he’ll save Lightning.

“WHAT?!” Pinkie asked in complete shock.

“Sora, what’d you say that?” Asked Goofy.

“Didn’t you hear what Fizzlepop said?! It’s too dangerous!” Donald said angrily.

“I know,” said Sora, “But, I made a promise to Lightning, that I’ll make the darkness go away and leave him alone for good. And by that, it means any darkness and any seeker that tries to harm him in any way. And those that are probably harming right now are Cozy Glow, Vanitas, and now The Storm King. So that’s why, I’m going to The Storm Kingdom, save Lightning, and end this darkness once and for all. But I’m not gonna save him alone.”

“Huh?” Donald was now confuse by what Sora just said about not going alone, “What do you mean?”

“I mean, I refuse to go save him...without you guys.”

The guardians were shocked but almost amazed to hear Sora to say that.

“Sora, are you saying you want us to come with you to save Lightning Twister?” Kairi asked.

Sora smiled at Kairi before giving her a nod in response. “Yes. If Vanitas and Cozy Glow are too powerful now along with The Storm King, it’s gonna take more than just me to save Lightning. That’s why I’m asking you lot to come with me to help. That is, if you want to come help.”

“Well duh,” answered Donald with a smile while placing his fists on his hips.

“Then it’s settled,” said Riku, “We’re all going to save Lightning from The Storm King.”

“Very well,” said Princess Celestia softly and proudly, “We shall let you all on your new mission to save our young Lightning Twister, together.”

“Are you serious right now?!” Pinkie asked angrily.

“Pinkie! Enough!” Twilight said crossly.

“Me, Xion and Axel will stay here to make sure no Unversed attacks the Crystal Empire while you’re gone,” said Roxas.

“But don’t worry,” said Axel with a friendly grin, “If you ever get into trouble by The Storm King, I’ll be there to help rescue you.”

The guardians gave the three friends a friendly smile before Sora said, “Got it.” He turned to the other guardians, “Let’s go.”

“Good luck!” Axel said while giving them a thumbs up and a friendly smile.

They gave Axel a nod for a thank you before running out of the throne room and straight towards the Storm Kingdom to save Lightning Twister while Roxas, Xion and Axel stay behind to look after the Crystal Empire.

“May your heart be your guiding key,” said Xion softly.

PreviousChapters Next