• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,170 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,170

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XI: The Young Six Sneak Out Again

The next morning, everyone was in the throne room trying to figure out where the Storm Guard went and how to save Lightning Twister. Although, they weren’t in a good mood after the foalnap last night.

Cadence was sitting on her throne, Constantine and Vincent were leaning against the wall while trying of a way to find the Storm Guard and save Lightning, Fluttershy was being comforted by Capper as she cried into his fur chest while he gently stroked her back with his paw, Smolder was sitting on the ground near the throne in sadness with Mickey sitting next to her with his hand on her shoulder, the mane six, Sunburst, Shining, Amore and the Young five were trying to find a way to save Lightning once again while Riku, Tempest and Ventus paced back and forth doing what the others were doing.

They stayed silenced for a few more seconds before Rainbow Dash said, “So that’s it? We’re all out of ideas?!”

“Yona can’t think of any ideas right now,” said Yona.

“This Storm Guard, you called him, only captured young Lightning Twister and not any of us,” said Riku as he stopped pacing, “So he must have gone somewhere to keep him as a hostage. But where, and why?”

“I don’t know,” replied Rainbow, “But we gonna figure this out soon. Who knows what he’s gonna do with poor Lightning and if he’s working for Vanitas and Cozy Glow! Nice jacket, by the way.”

“Oh, thank you,” said Riku kindly.

Gallus was tapping his chin with his claw finger to try to think of a way to find that Storm Guard and save Lightning Twister. But he couldn’t think of a good rescue idea.

He stopped tapping his chin before asking, “Any ideas, Ven?”

While still trying to comfort the orange dragon, Ventus looked at Gallus and shrugged his shoulders.

Just then, they all heard Luna’s voice.

“Everycreature, come look at this! I think I know where that Storm Guard has taken Lightning!”

Luna was looking at one of the throne room windows as she saw something that could led to finding Lightning. They all rushed to the window Luna was at and saw what she was looking at. At the very far end of the Crystal Empire, that’s very far far away, was the Storm Kingdom, home to the long gone Storm King, and thunder was going on at that kingdom.

“The dark cloud is still thundering,” said the princess of friendship with confusion while raising an eyebrow.

“But, that kingdom was abandoned ever since The Storm King died,” said Rainbow Dash.

“I bet that’s where the colt snatcher yeti went,” guessed Vincent as he pushed his fist into his hand.

“Well then, what are we waiting for? Let’s go save ourselves a poor colt!” Gallus said proudly which made Smolder smile again as she stood onto her feet again.

But that smile and idea didn’t last long as Twilight quickly stopped them from going to the Storm Kingdom. “I’m sorry, everycreature. But we can not go to the Storm Kingdom and save Lightning.”

“What?! But why?!” Smolder asked in shock and, yet again, sadness.

“Because that place is far too dangerous, even for us to go,” Twilight answered, “Even though The Storm King’s gone, his kingdom can still have some evil surprises for anycreature.”

“But but but, Twilight...” Before Ocellus could continue, Celestia stopped her from making this an argument.

“No, my dear Ocellus, Twilight is right. The Storm King may be gone for good, but there’s no telling what’s left at his kingdom and we don’t want you six to put in danger or to get hurt, even when trying to save Lightning Twister.”

“Five actually, sister,” said Luna making Celestia look at her in confusion.

“What do you mean by “five”, Luna?” Asked Celestia.

Luna pointed a hoof at the children as Celestia looked at them and saw only Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Smolder and Ocellus. But no Silverstream! This made everyone go into shock after seeing Silverstream wasn’t in the room anymore.

“What in tarnation?! Where is Silverstream?!” The shocked farm pony asked.

“I don’t know!” Twilight replied worriedly, “She doesn’t normally run off like this! Unless...” Twilight let out a gasp of shock as she realised where Silverstream might have gone off to. “Oh no! She must have gone off to the Storm Kingdom to try to save Lightning Twister!”

“She can’t go flying over there by herself and it’s very dangerous!” Tempest Shadow said, “And you are right, Twilight. The Storm King did leave few surprises at his kingdom, one of them being that anycreature that enters there will face a dark version of theirselves and the other being there’s still Storm Guards left there and other Tempest warriors. If she’s anywhere near those warriors or a dark version of her, she’ll be DEAD than The Storm King was!”

“Now we’ve got TWO friends to save!” Sandbar said, “We best be getting to the Storm Kingdom right away before Silverstream gets torn to pieces along with Lightning!”

“No,” said Twilight before the five could even make a start on the journey, “Like Tempest said, that kingdom is still too dangerous for you young ones. It’ll only be us going there and save them. Now I suggest going to your guest room and staying there where it’s safe till we come back.”

“But Yona and friends wanna help!” Claimed Yona.

“You can help by staying here so we know you’re all safe,” said Capper.

“But...” Ocellus was gonna say something, but was stopped once again by Celestia.

“No more, my dear creatures. Twilight and Capper are right, you five must stay here where it’s safe and you can’t get hurt. You are all also wielders of Harmony, along with Silverstream and Lightning Twister. If we lose more of you, then the friendship move can’t be made. And if the friendship move can’t be made, we can not defeat Vanitas, Cozy Glow, the unversed and the darkness. Equestria would be doomed.”

The Young Five were gonna say something else, but decided not to. Because it would go no where, it would just be turned into an argument and they knew the friendship move can’t be made without them or Silverstream and Lightning Twister.

So they decided to do what they told them to do.

“We understand, Princess,” said Gallus, “We go to our room straight away so that we are safe.”

With that being said, the Young five made their way to their guest room shutting the throne room doors behind them. Everyone in the room felt guilty after saying all that to them, they really wanted to help them and save Silverstream and Lightning Twister from the Storm Kingdom.

“You think we were a little hard on them?” Rarity asked Twilight.

Twilight shook her head before answering, “No, we needed to be all like that to them.”

“What do you mean?” Asked Rainbow confusedly.

“What I mean is telling them to stay here gives them the chance to actually do the same thing they did last time Lightning was foalnapped,” explained Twilight.

“You mean as in, sneaking out and saving Lightning by theirselves without us with them or even noticing?” asked Fluttershy.

“Exactly,” answered Twilight happily, “And besides, we’re the ones who taught them about not leaving their friends behind no matter what’s happened to them. So it’s clear that they refuse to ignore that lesson and rescue Lightning even if we say no and how dangerous it is.”

“I agree with Twilight, everypony,” said Applejack, “We started the School of Friendship to help share friendship across many places in Equestria we are unable to share and show other creatures what friendship can do. And it worked, we showed those six that friendship is magic and they haven’t stopped believing in it.”

“Plus they are growing and they need to handle dangerous threats on their own without us, even for family members,” added Pinkie Pie.

“That too,” said Twilight.

“But should we send somepony round to the Storm Kingdom in case they don’t decide to sneak out and save Silverstream and Lightning?” Rarity asked.

“That’s what we're trying to plan, Rarity,” answered Cadence, “But unfortunately, we don’t know anypony or creature who can go to the Storm Kingdom and back here with Silverstream and Lightning without getting hurt. And with Sora at Radiant Garden with Oliver, we can’t ask him to go there.”

That’s when they all heard Riku’s voice as he said, “Then I’ll go save them.”

They all turned and saw Riku walking up towards Fluttershy.

“Riku, are you sure you wanna do it?” The king asked.

Riku just smiled at Mickey before answering,

“Yes I am, Mickey. Sora was able to save Lightning once when he first got here, I wanna try doing the same for him. I’ve learned how to save all my friends I love in my heart, even with the darkness that belongs to me but for good. This time, I wanna save Lightning and Silverstream just to save Sora enough time to visit the Radiant Garden. But I don’t wanna just do it alone. Mickey, you’ve helped me see that I can fight the darkness inside of me and use it as my own, and you’re also my friend from the very start.” Riku smiled at Mickey before reaching his hand out to him, “I’d like you to come rescue them with me.”

Mickey looked at Riku’s hand before looking at him. He then smiled at him and placed his hand in Riku’s hand and shook it.

“Gosh, Riku!” Mickey said happily, “I’m really fluttered! I don’t know what to say!”

Riku just smiled at the king. “Just say you’re happy to come along with me to save Silverstream and Lightning Twister.”

Mickey continued to smile at his friend before nodding his head at him. “I would be happy to come help you, Riku.”

Just then, they saw Fluttershy walking up towards them with a worried look on her face.

“Are you sure you can save Silverstream and my son? I’m just a bit worried you might not be able to.”

Riku gave Fluttershy a friendly smile before gently placing a hand on her shoulder. “Fluttershy, you trust Sora, right?”

“Oh yes,” she answered politely, “I trusted Sora ever since he first got here and helped us defeat Xehanort and the other villains.”

“Then you can trust me as well. I’ve been friends with Sora ever since the darkness came and before I became a Keyblade Master. I know we’ve never met before and haven’t known each other that much yet, but you can still trust me on saving your son and his friend. Don’t just believe I can save him, believe in your heart that you can trust me and know Lightning Twister will be okay with me.”

Fluttershy let those words sink into her heart as she let out a calm sigh and looked at Riku again before saying, “I do believe in you, Master Riku. Thank you for doing this for us.”

“Please, Fluttershy,” Riku said kindly, “You don’t need to call me Master. Riku is just fine.”

“Okay then, Riku,” said Fluttershy while smiling at the Keyblade Master.

“I’ll come with you,” Tempest Shadow said as she walked towards the three, “I had been to the Storm Kingdom before when I was working for The Storm King, I can help find the way to the room they might be keeping young Lightning Twister in.”

Riku and Mickey gave Tempest a nod while smiling at her as Riku then said, “Thanks, Tempest. That’ll be most kind of you to help us.”

“Come now, Riku,” chuckled the royal guard of Princess Twilight, “You don’t have to call me that. My real name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist, so Fizzlepop or Fizzy is just fine. We’re friends now.”

Riku just gave Fizzlepop a smile. “Fair enough, Fizzy.”


In the hallway of the castle, the Young Five were walking to their guest room not only in sadness but also in a grump. They really wanted to help save Silverstream and Lightning Twister, but without the adults’ permission, they can’t just go off to a dangerous place and try save their friends.

“This is so UNfair!” Exclaimed Smolder crossly, “Why can’t we go and help save Silverstream and Lightning from the Storm Kingdom?! They’re our friends!”

“Yeah!” Ocellus agreed, “We should be going out to help save them, not staying here where it’s safe and treated like little children while our friends are in danger!”

“Yona agree with dragon and Changeling,” Yona said, “We need to go save hippogriff and little pony!”

“Me too!” Added Sandbar.

“But there is still one problem though,” mentioned Gallus as they stopped walking.

“What’s that?” Sandbar asked.

“How are we gonna defined ourselves?” The griffon answered, “Tempest said that the Storm Kingdom might still be filled with Storm Guards, like the one we saw last night, a few more Tempest warriors and a bad vision virus that makes us see a dark version of ourselves, and we can’t just go in that kingdom without any protection.”

“Yeah, that’s actually a good point,” agreed Ocellus, “I mean, the last time we saved Lightning Twister, it was easy as pie. But now, it’s more dangerous than the legion of doom because it’s at a kingdom that The Storm King once lived. And without any protection, there’s no way we can go off to save Lightning ourselves this time.”

The Young Five let out a sad sigh while looking at the ground.

“How are we going to save our friends now?” Sandbar asked.

“I believe I can help with that problem,” said a voice.

The five looked forward and saw a mysterious figure wearing a black coat walking towards them. This made them go into shock before recognising the coat, it was like the same one Young Xehanort wore when he was in Equestria with the legion of doom.

Seeing the black coat made them think it was Young Xehanort again trying to finish what he started two years ago.

The five creatures glared angrily at the figure and stood in battle mode ready to fight him as Gallus said, “You again?!”

“Whoa whoa there!” The mysterious figure said while stopping a few miles away from the five, “I’m not gonna hurt you guys! I promise. Besides, I’m not who you think I am since I’m wearing the same coat. And that’s because I’m too much of a scaredy cat to take it off.”

The five stopped glaring at the figure and stood straight again while still looking at him.

“So you’re not Xehanort then?” Asked Ocellus.

“Xehanort?” The mysterious figure asked before placing a finger near the top of the zip and began to think before realising who they were talking about, “Oh! You mean that Keyblade wielder who was willing to side with the darkness. Crazy master to actually want to control the darkness, wouldn’t you say?”

The Young five had both shock and confusion on their faces. The mysterious figure knew Young Xehanort.

“Mysterious figure know who Xehanort is?” Asked Yona.

“Sure do, my yak friend,” he answered, “I was the one who showed him the black coat and even taught him everything, like I’ve been doing to the other masters in the world. You could say I’m the Master of Masters.” He then let out a playful gasp of shock, “Did I say the name I gave to myself?! Oh how silly of me! I was suppose to keep it to myself and my apprentices! Oh well!”

“Is that really your name or are you just making it up?” Smolder asked while crossing her arms and giving him a not amused look.

The Master of Masters took a moment to think of a way to keep his real name a secret.

“Well, I could lie and tell you lot who I really am, like I’m actually a brilliant artist, or even a scholar.” He stretched his arms wide out, “I could tell you that I dream of world peace! When I’m actually planning for its destruction.” He placed his arms on his hips, “But I can’t really say my real name right now, because well, I need to follow the Book of Prophecies. And I’m not doing a very good job at following it at the moment since I haven’t really disappeared yet.”

“Disappear?” Sandbar asked confusedly.

“Vanish, fade, I don’t know to describe it really. But I am basically being a rule breaker right now.”

“So why haven’t you disappeared yet if the book say you have to?” Asked Ocellus.

“Well,” He said, “Let’s just say that I really want to see the future without even thinking what the future could be like if I didn’t disappear. But it’s also because I wanna meet this Sora person and face him myself, like I’m the reason the darkness is still spreading after Xehanort moved on.”

The five friends looked at each other curiously. They didn’t know what he was talking or know if he was a good guy or a bad guy. They looked at The Master of Masters again.

“Okay,” said Gallus, “But besides that, you said you can help us find a way to save Silverstream and Lightning Twister. How can you?”

“With these,” answered the black coated figure before placing his left hand behind his back and moved his right hand to the right to the left as five Keyblades magically appeared in front of him floating in mid air.

The Keyblades looked exactly like the one Lightning Twister has, only the colours on them were different because they’re the same colours as the ones on the Young Five.

One Keyblade was coloured in khaki brown like Sandbar.

The second Keyblade was coloured in blue like Gallus.

The third one was in the colour brown like Yona.

The fourth Keyblade was in the colours blue and pink like Ocellus

And the fifth one was coloured in orange like Smolder.

The five friends looked at the Keyblades in shock.

“Keyblades!” Yona said in amaze.

“They look like Lightning’s Keyblade but in our colours,” said Sandbar.

“Go on, take them,” The Master of Masters said politely.

The five creatures walked towards the Keyblades with their colours on and carefully took them with their hooves and claws before looking at them again.

They looked at The Master of Masters as Ocellus then said, “Thanks, but should we tell the others that you gave us these if they see us with them? Because they will find out we have Keyblades sooner or later.”

The black coated figure looked at the Young Five for a few seconds, with his hands behind his back, before answering, “No. Just tell them that they suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Because they know nothing about me yet, and I don’t think Xehanort told the guardians anything about me while both him and his young self was still around. And like I said with my coat, I’m too much of a scaredy cat to ever show myself to them, especially since I’m breaking the rule that the book told me.”

They all nodded in understood.

“Okay, but will Silverstream get one as well?” Ocellus asked curiously.

“Hmmm...” The Master of Masters thought about it, “Yeah, I gave you five Keyblades, and I don’t want her to feel left out. I’ll try to find her and give her the Keyblade before you lot arrive at the Storm Kingdom.”

“Sounds good,” said Yona happily.

“Well guys, we best be going since we actually have protection now,” Sandbar said earning a nod from his four friends.

“We better get some things for the trip as well, in case we’re out for a long time before they figure out we went off to the Storm Kingdom as well,” suggested Ocellus.

“Right,” agreed Smolder.

The Young Five walked past the Master of Masters and towards their guest room to get some things for their trip as the Master of Masters continued to stand there with his hands behind his back like he was thinking of something, which he was.

“They’ll soon discover who Lightning Twister really is,” he said to himself.

PreviousChapters Next