• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLI: The Tempest Warriors of the Storm King

Sora and the guardians managed to make their way into the Storm Kingdom thanks to the magic of the Gummi Ship, and they were running through the hallway and towards the throne room where they expect where The Storm King, Vanitas and Cozy Glow were holding poor Lightning Twister.

“I do hope the young pony’s okay,” said Mickey worriedly while still running towards the throne room.

“I’m sure he is, Mickey,” said Riku in a calm tone, “We just have to believe he is until we get there.”

“Still wished he’d call him King Mickey,” Donald said quietly to himself crossly.

They’ve finally reached the two doors of the throne room. Goofy summoned his shield and charged through the doors in order for them to open for the others to come in. Once they were inside the room, they all saw Lightning Twister standing near the two thrones crying in great pain with his eyes closed and the four chains wrapped around his hooves that are connected to the two pillars on each side of the room.

“Lightning!” Sora said happily but quietly in case someone hears him but also loud enough for Lightning to hear him.

Lightning Twister heard Sora’s voice and slowly opened his eyes while tears continued to flow down his face. He looked behind him and quietly gasped as he saw Sora and the other guardians of light running up towards him.

“S-Sora!” The poor scared colt cried quietly.

Aqua reached towards Lightning before summoning her Keyblade and carefully broke the chains around the colt without hurting him. Once Sora got to Lightning, he gently picked him up and Lightning hugged him with a few tears still streaming down his face while Sora hugged him back in comfort.

“It’s okay, Lightning,” Sora said softly before pulling Lightning away a bit while saying, “Everything’s gonna be okay.” Lightning nodded at him in understood.

The guardians smiled at Sora and Lightning until Riku suddenly saw something near his friend. He let out a small gasp before pointing a finger forward while saying, “Look!”

Sora looked at Riku confusedly before shockingly looking to the left and saw The Storm King, now back in his complete form, standing in the middle of Vanitas and Cozy Glow as they grinned evilly at the guardians.

Sora let out a small growl as he and the other guardians glared at the three while Lightning hugged Sora in fear.

The Storm King grinned at the guardians. “All of this has finally come. The seven of the ten guardians would meet me here, after returning from my stone grave. It is the future that lies within my soul.”

“Why are you doing this?!” Ventus asked angrily.

“Long ago, there was a well-known legend, about the great Keyblade War. Wielders of the Keyblade fought for the previous light from Kingdom Hearts. But Kingdom Hearts was safe guarded by the x-blade. Suddenly the blade smashed into twenty pieces: seven lights, thirteen darknesses. Then Master Xehanort tried to created his own pure light and darkness in order to forge the key: Ventus for light, Vanitas for darkness. But that plan ended in failure, making Xehanort lose sight to attach his goal. I was the one who knew how the true x-blade can summon, and told him about it while also telling him to create his own light and darkness to forge it without telling him that forge the twenty pieces is the real way to forge it after creating him as a young teenager before sending him to Scala Ad Caelum with no memories on who I am or why he did it all. However, that plan didn’t go well as I planned, before I was destroyed long ago by a traitor who served me. I didn’t thought it through more. I admit that.”

Aqua continued to glare at the yeti before looking at the ground while shaking her fists furiously. She glared back at The Storm King while pointing a finger at him and saying, “What you and Xehanort did back then, those mistakes, nearly changed the destinies for me and my friends!”

“Ah, but destiny is never left to chance,” The Storm King smirked at Aqua, “Xehanort’s Heartless almost guided your three Keyblade Wielders to their places. The princess who tried to hide her heart from the darkness...the chosen boy who sacrificed himself and his heart to save a friend...and the boy Ansem possessed who would have been perfect for one of Xehanort’s vessels.”

Riku felt guilty after hearing what he just said. But he knew The Storm King was right about the Ansem possess part. He nearly became one of Xehanort’s vessels in the thirteen seekers of darkness after the old Organization XIII has fallen if he haven’t had a change in his heart after his actions.

“There was no other way to stop what we had done before defeating Xehanort and saving Terra, Ventus and Aqua.” Riku glared at the yeti again, “But I still wanna believe, that our actions stopped Xehanort’s plans for good, even when we faced Ansem. How? We were so blinded before, during and after the exam. We should have known, right after Xemnas created the Organization.”

“Yes. That was all my doing. I told Xehanort to use the evil fairy to collect seven princesses of heart, while having his Nobody collect twelve Nobodies to make thirteen vessels for Xehanort’s heart.”

“But they’ve failed,” Terra said while taking a few steps forward and glaring at The Storm King still, “Sora stopped Xehanort in his tracks on all three counts.” Aqua and Ven nodded in agreement.

“Yes, he did.” The Storm King grinned at Sora as he glared at him while holding the poor colt in his left arm, “That brave, dull, ordinary boy...a Keyblade Wielder so unlike any I have ever seen.” The yeti looked back at the others, “However, I have not given up my destiny as a true king and ruler... the Ten Guardians Of Light, the Sixteen Wielders Of Friendship and Twelve Seekers Of Darkness.” The Storm King let out a small evil chuckle while smirking at the guardians.

“Ten Guardians Of Light and Sixteen Wielders Of Friendship?” Asked Kairi before she and Sora looked at each other as she went on, “Well, we know there’s ten of us so that would make us the guardians of light still. And for those that hold the magic of friendship, there’s Twilight, Spike and their friends, that’s nine. And then we add Lightning Twister and his six friends, that equals to sixteen. So that must mean...” Kairi let out a small gasp of shock after figuring it all out, “The twelve seekers of darkness are...” Sora and Kairi looked back at the Storm King.

“Yes, young princess. Exactly. But Lightning Twister belongs to me now. Which puts you one Wielder short.”

Poor Lightning hid his face on Sora’s jacket in fear.

The Storm King placed his right claw up and then snapped his fingers. Suddenly, just as the guardians looked to their right, dark corridors appeared one by one revealing the other nine seekers of darkness: Master Xehanort, Terranort, Young Xehanort, Ansem, Dark Riku, Xemnas, Ventus-Vanitas (or Venitas if you wish) Anti-Aqua and Fourth Shadow/Strelitzia but without her mask.

Venitas was exactly like Vanitas only with Ventus’s head from when they joined together to forge the x-blade.

Anti-Aqua looked a lot like Aqua, but her hair was a bleached blue, her eyes are yellow and her white dress is now darkened and is tattered with a scaly texture appearance. Her arms and legs is also darken and her hands are black with red fingertips.

Dark Riku had black fading to red around the wrists and wears purple gloves that are tucked under the suit. The suit has a purple-blue colour on the chest and part of the torso with the Heartless emblem on the chest but without the spiked bars crossing it. He wears purple feet and shins that fade into black legs. He wears a dark purple belt and a cloth around his waist opening in the front. The cloth is an off-white color that fades into dark purple and is ripped all around at the bottom.

“What the?” Riku said in shock while he and the other guardians looked at the seekers that are in a row.

“The REAL Tempest Warriors Of The Storm King!” Announced The Storm King.

“Tempest warriors?” Donald asked in shock.

“My creation of Master Xehanort may be destroyed long ago, but I still had his data to create not only his young self, but also his old and other forms he had after the failed forge. I even collected the data on two others that would have been perfect for the ranks. Fourth Shadow joined my ranks during my recovery from my stone defeat. However, we should be able to squeeze in one or a few more to our ranks.”

The evil yeti smiled at Sora and reached his right claw out to him while saying, “How about it, Sora? Join me. And I’ll show you how to become a TRUE Keyblade Master, and become the most powerful master in the world!” He placed his claw down before walking up to him as he continued on, “We can rule Kingdom Hearts, together.”

“No!” Sora shouted angrily while summoning his Keyblade as he pointed it at The Storm King making him stop in his tracks and started glaring at the boy.

“I already made a mistake long ago and made Riku become part of the darkness! And I won’t let a mistake like that happen again! I will never become a pawn of the darkness, even if it means saving Lightning Twister! I will always be there for save him and my friends, along with his! Even if I have to sacrifice my life again, like I did with Kairi! At least I know for sure that Fluttershy isn’t impress with your parenting over Lightning as a grandfather.”

The Storm King wasn’t at all happy with the response Sora gave to him.

“If it’s the end you want...so be it.”

Suddenly, they heard Xemnas summon an ethereal blade. They looked back to the right and saw Xemnas pointing his ethereal blade at Sora as it shot from his hand and flew towards Sora.

Sora let out a small gasp of shock just before Ventus quickly stood in front of him while shouting, “Sora!”

The ethereal blade hit Ventus sending him flying backwards to smack against the big throne and collapsed to the stairway of the thrones before falling unconscious.

“Ven!” Terra and Aqua cried worriedly before hearing Young Xehanort’s voice making them look at him, “You’ll all be joining him, very soon.”

Young Xehanort reached his right hand out and summoned his Keyblade before standing in battle mode. Riku summoned his Keyblade and stood in front of Sora just as everything suddenly faded into a bright light.


The bright light faded away to reveal Riku and Young Xehanort were now in the area they were in before during the Mark of Mastery exam.

It was a big wide circle area with a see through floorboard and where the clock cogs were, and there were five different sand timers with five different colours: red, orange, yellow, green and blue.

Riku looked around the place while still holding his Keyblade before glaring at Xehanort’s past self as he performed his Keyblade holding movement. Riku began to hold his Keyblade in battle mode ready to fight Young Xehanort yet again.

Young Xehanort zoomed towards Riku and the two started clashed their Keyblade together thirteen times with some spinning and jumping movements during clashing. Riku jumped back a bit.

“You’re through!” Riku pointed his Keyblade at Young Xehanort and shot three dark grasp balls at the seeker as they smacked him causing him to slide backwards a bit.

Young Xehanort started spinning around as the blade of his Keyblade turned a blue glowing whip. He tried to smack Riku with it, but he quickly dodged his attacks.

“Fire!” Riku shot five fire balls from the end of his blade and two of them manage to hit Young Xehanort but he manage to dodge the last three.

Young Xehanort jumped really high in the air before placed his Keyblade up and started spinning forward while falling towards Riku who placed his Keyblade forward to block the spin attack.

As Young Xehanort spin on Riku’s Keyblade, sparks start to flow from the blade. Riku swinged his Keyblade to the right causing Young Xehanort to fall backwards but landed on his feet.

The Xehanort from the past started to float while standing up straight and placed his arms out while saying, “Time’s stop!”

Just then, a ghostly blue clock like, with roman numeral numbers and a pointy part on the top, bottom and both sides, appeared around Young Xehanort. That means he can make Riku do the battle again if he doesn’t act fast and destroy the clock.

“You will wander forever!”

However, Riku was quick on his feet and charged towards the clock. He jumped high in the air and, very hardly, slide through the clock with his Keyblade causing it to break and made Young Xehanort collapse to his feet as his Keyblade disappeared.

Suddenly, the whole area went into bright light again.


The bright light disappeared. Riku had his left arm covering his eyes while still holding his Keyblade in his right hand. He moved the arm away and looked around to see he was now back in the throne room of the Storm Kingdom.

“Are you okay, Riku?” Asked the voice of Sora. Riku turned round and saw his friends are still in the room safe and sound with Lightning in Sora’s left arm still sound and safe as well.

“Yeah. Thanks, Sora,” replied Riku happily as Sora gave him a nod while smiling.

Suddenly, they heard an angry growl coming from The Storm King. They all turned back to where The Storm King, Vanitas and Cozy Glow are and saw he had an very angry look on his face.

“Vanitas! Don’t let them escape!” The evil yeti ordered furiously.

Vanitas summoned his Keyblade, swinged it to the right as the end of the blade was now on fire and Vanitas quickly swinged his Keyblade back making the fire turn into a fireball and flew from the blade and towards Sora, Lightning and the guardians.

But just before the fireball could hit them, Axel suddenly quickly appeared in front of them holding his chakrams in front of him to block the fire ball. The fireball flew onto the chakrams and disappeared.

“You made it!” Kairi said happily.

“You!” Cozy Glow growled.

Axel moved his chakrams down to his sides, while still holding them, and smirked at the three.

“Yo, Storm King! Did I drop in at a bad time?“

“You’re not suppose to be here!” Vanitas shouted angrily.

“Promises to keep,” answered Axel, “I’ll always be there to help my friends. And I’m going to keep that promise, no matter what.”

“Axel...thank you,” said Kairi softly.

Axel smiled at Kairi before saying, “You’re welcome.”

Vanitas growled angrily before placing his Keyblade up as a dark grasp appeared at the end of the blade. He quickly moved his Keyblade down and it made the dark grasp ball fly from the blade and towards the guardians.

Axel spun his chakrams at the sides while they float in mid air and they made a big fire circle around them as the dark grasp ball disappeared into the fire. But the fire circle also blocked the three from getting near them.

“Let’s go! I can’t hold them for long!” Axel said to his friends.

They all gave Axel a nod in understood before Mickey summoned his Keyblade, placed it up in the air as a bright light appeared at the end of the blade. The light got brighter and brighter covering the guardians and Lightning before it disappeared taking them along.

The fire circle faded away to show The Storm King, Vanitas and Cozy Glow that they have all escaped. Vanitas and Cozy ran to the spot the guardians once stood and looked around to see if there was any trance of them.

“Should we go after them?” Asked the filly.

“No,” answered the King making Vanitas and Cozy Glow look at him, “Let them, come to us. They’ll know where the x-blade will forged.” The Storm King grinned evilly, knowing that they will come to the one place where the x-blade can be forged.

PreviousChapters Next