• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,169 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,169

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXXI: Rewrite the Stars

Lightning didn’t go far away from the Dragon Lands. In fact, he was still in the Dragon Lands, only far away from everyone.

He was sitting near an edge of the biggest rock mountain in the lands looking down at the largest lava river pool in sadness.

After what Garble had said about and to him, he couldn’t help but believe that maybe Garble was right. Lightning Twister was a crybaby and Smolder doesn’t deserve him as her boyfriend.

But he just doesn’t know what to do or believe.

“Why?” He said to himself sadly, “Why did Garble call me a crybaby? I thought he was happy for Smolder having me as her special somepony, but he wasn’t and thought I was using her. Am I still Smolder’s boyfriend, or am I no longer anymore since Garble doesn’t accept me well?”

Lightning let out a sad sigh before he started singing.

I know she wants me
It's not a secret she tries to hide
But now I can’t have her
Because Garble believes and said I can’t

He claim it's not in the cards
And fate is pulling me miles away
And out of reach from her
And the darkness is here in my heart
So now I can’t stop thinking
That this isn’t my destiny

And we can’t rewrite the stars
I can’t say I was made to be hers
Darkness keeps us apart
And I’m not sure I’m be the one Smolder was meant to find
It's no longer up to her
It's no longer up to me
When Garble tells her what she get to be
Now we can’t rewrite the stars
And say that the world could be ours
Tonight

Lightning Twister closed her eyes and continued to have that sad look on his face.

Suddenly, he heard Smolder singing behind him as he shot open his eyes.

He thinks it's easy

Lightning looked behind him and saw Smolder walking towards him with soft and friendly smile on her face.

He thinks I can’t run to you

The orange dragon sat next to her boyfriend.

But there are friendships
And there are doors that we can walk through

Smolder gently picked the colt up and placed him on her lap.

I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me

The five guardians, Spike, Fizzlepop and the Young Five finally found Lightning, but saw Smolder found him first. They remained quiet so they can let them continue the song.

Within these walls
And when we go outside
Garble’s gonna wake up and see that you’re now a piece of my heart

Only we can rewrite the stars
I can say you'll be mine
Nothing can keep us apart
And you are the one I was meant to find
It is up to you
It is up to me
Garble can’t tell me what I can be
Yes we can still rewrite the stars
And say that the world can be ours
Tonight

Smolder slowly got up, holding Lightning in her arms, while the two started to sing together.

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you

Smolder turned round and started to slowly walk backwards towards the edge.

So just give me all of you

It feels impossible

It's not impossible

Is it impossible?

Smolder fell off the edge, with Lightning in her arms still, before she spread her wings out.

Say that it's possibllllllllleeee

They were almost at the river lava, but Smolder kept a gently tight hold on Lightning as she flew on her back forwards across the river lava before flying towards the sky.

How do we rewrite the stars?

Smolder held Lightning near her while the two smiled at each other.

Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
Cause you are the one I was meant to find

Smolder pulled Lightning back towards her and they hugged each other as Lightning rested on his head Smolder’s chest.

It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be

Smolder slowly flew down to the ground while hugging her boyfriend.

Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ouurrrrrssss

The two hugged each other still for a few more seconds as Smolder finished singing,

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
And I can have you
We're bound to live and
Our hearts are one

After that lovely song, Smolder and Lightning continued to hug each other for a few more seconds before looking at each other happily while Smolder continued to gently hold her boyfriend in her arms.

Their friends started to walk up towards them as they saw them coming and smiled with them smiling at the two lovebirds back.

“Gosh, you really know how to make him happy again,” said Mickey in impress.

Smolder just smiled at the king before saying, “Well, I do try.”

All of a sudden, Garble’s voice was heard, “There you are!”

The red dragon landed on his feet safely on the ground while smiling at them. “So glad you’ve found him already.”

Everyone, including Lightning, gave him a cross look since they’re still not happy with what he just did and said earlier. Some of them either had their fists on their sides or arms crossed.

“Oh so now you care about him?” Smolder asked crossly while still holding Lightning Twister in her arms, “After what you did and said to him before telling me that dragons can’t love other creatures?!”

Garble’s smile turned into a frown of guilt as he then saying, “Look, I just wanted say that I’m sorry for slapping Lightning in the face, believing he’s controlling you, calling him a crybaby and saying that dragons can’t love other creatures. It was wrong. And I hope you can forgive me for the mistakes I did. Can you forgive me, sister? Please?”

The orange dragon looked at her brother for a few seconds before looking at her boyfriend.

“I think we should forgive him, Smolder,” he said to her, “It is part of the magic of friendship after all.”

Smolder smiled at Lightning and gave him a nod before looking at Garble again. “Yes, Gar-Gar, we forgive you.”

Garble smiled in happiness again after hearing that, but then Smolder went up to his face, while holding Lightning in her arms, and glared him making the dragon scared and said, “But if you ever, and I mean EVER, said anything or do anything to hurt him again, there will be trouble from not me, but from Fluttershy next time. Got it?!”

“Y-Y-Yes! I-I got it, sis!” Garble nervously replied.

“Good,” said Smolder as she carefully landed on the rocky ground again without dropping the little colt.

“How did you manage to find him so quickly before we did?” Asked Xion with interest.

Smolder smiled at Xion while answering, “I’ve been around Lightning long enough to catch the scent of his smell which can allow me to find him without getting lost or getting stress about not being able to find him.”

“And dragons have a very good sense of smell to find anycreature that are lost,” added Lightning kindly.

Smolder smiled softly at Lightning.

“Thanks, Lightning,” She said before looking at the guardians and her friends again, “And that’s why Ember choose me to help out find the perfect spot to place the new dragon eggs for the next egg hatching day. I’m so looking forward to be doing that and the next egg hatching day.”

Smolder smiled back at her boyfriend while saying, “And, you know, the next egg hatching day can use a young pony to help out with egg nesting spot and warming them.”

Lightning now had a small shock look on his face because he knew she was on about him being that young pony.

“Me? You think Ember’s gonna be okay with that?”

“Of course I am, kiddo,” said the voice of Ember from above.

Everyone looked up and saw the Dragon Lord flying above them with a friendly smile on her face as she floated down to the ground and carefully landed on her feet before looking at the orange dragon and the young colt.

“Me and your mother had a chat two years ago, while cleaning the mess from the villains, and I believe the time has actually finally come.”

“What’d you mean, Ember?” Lightning was confuse by this.

“What I mean, Lightning,” began Ember, “is that a pony loving a dragon tells a different story in the dragon legends. A good story from what I’ve seen. A few days ago, I had a dream showing me what a good life you two will have together. And it was so beautiful, that I couldn’t stop thinking about it.”

Lightning’s confusion turned back into a happy smile knowing that what Ember just said has made him more happier.

“There’s more to discover here in the Dragon Lands.” Ember took a few steps forward while still smiling at the young pony in Smolder’s arms.

“Join our family. And we can teach you the ways of being part of the Dragon circle.”

Lightning continued to smile at Ember after hearing those words she said to him. And he was about to reply back, until they all heard a female voice from the shadows.

“Join your family? And you will teach him the ways of being part of the Dragon circle? What a ridiculous request for a dragon to say to a pony!”

The guardians and creatures looked to a nearby mountain that’s almost near them as a dark corridor appeared a few miles away from the group and disappeared to reveal the Nodragon, Xocarl.

Riku turned to Ember while saying, “Ember, get everyone away from here! We’ll handle her!”

Ember nodded at the Keyblade Master and flew off with everyone following her leaving the guardians glaring at Xocarl and stood in battle mode while she grinned at them.

“Guardians of Light...a question, for you all...your friendship for Lightning Twister or the truth within him...which of the two of these is more important, I wonder.”

Roxas decided to answer her.

“Our friendship for Lightning Twister, of course! Whatever it is you’re trying to say, I bet it’s just another one of those mean little tricks you lot are trying to pull on us!”

The evil dragon chuckled evilly. “The trust’s wiles can be cruel. In its silence, we forget. In its obsession, it binds our hearts.”

“Cut the riddles!” Axel ordered crossly, “You’re sounding just like Vexen!”

Xocarl frowned at them and said, “I’m trying to tell you...the attack on Tempest Plagueis that Lightning made was not a control body move as you think it is. Deep inside Lightning Twister’s heart, there is a special darkness that has been locked away for years. And it’s been trying to break free since two years after Sora’s first visit.”

“You’re wrong!” Replied Riku crossly, “Lightning would never accepted the darkness!”

“If you all remain protecting Lightning Twister from Vanitas, Cozy Glow and the Dark Order, and keep the young colt away from the dark road while refusing to believe what is truly found inside of him...then throw it away. You’re not guardians of light...just slaves to foolish lies.” Xocarl reached her left claw out while she said, “Yes... Exactly like my Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer.” Her shield appeared on her left claw.

“Your existences are worth NOTHING!”

The guardians were all shocked and confuse by what Xocarl just said. They didn’t know whether to believe Lightning would never believe in the darkness or that he is now part of the darkness after they first met him.

“Like YOUR Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer?” Xion asked followed by Axel asking, “Worth nothing?”

But as for Roxas, he glared angrily at the ground with his arms shaking before glaring at the Nodragon while shouting, “That’s enough! You’re just trying to break our trust with Lightning! Every word you’ve said is a lie!”

Xocarl smirked at them.

“We’d never throw away our friendship!” Roxas summoned his Keyblades before the others did as well. “And if you are controlling Sunset and Starlight, then we will take you down and save them! THAT’S what’s in our hearts!”

Xocarl moved her shield to the left before quickly swinging it to the right making three fire balls appear in front of her as they flew towards the guardians. But Axel jumped in front of his friends and placed his Keyblade in front of him. The fire balls hit Axel’s Keyblade and they all got sucked into the blade.

“Come to me, fire blade!” Xocarl placed her shield up in the air and a giant fire like blade appeared on the shield.

Xocarl flew quickly towards the guardians but was stopped Riku’s Keyblade slam attack with him shouting, “Take this!” That made her flew back a bit.

“I shall burn you!” Xocarl magically made volcano bursts appear from the ground and aimed them towards the heroes of light. Luckily, Mickey managed to stop them by summoned a light shield over them before the bursts got to them and disappeared when they hit the shield.

“You’re too much trouble!” Xocarl was about to make another fire move, but was stopped once more but by Roxas, Xion and Axel.

“We’ll see about that!” Axel said before jumping in the air and turning his Keyblade into twin chakrams.

He then threw them towards Xocarl and they flew around her making a burnt circle trapping her in before flying back to Axel.

Axel threw his chakrams at the Nodragon while Roxas and Xion slashed through her with their Keyblades. They did twenty times.

“Roxas, Xion! Get ready!” Axel’s chakrams began to burn in fire as Roxas charged towards Xocarl with his Keyblades sparking on the ground and Xion charged towards her while holding her Keyblade with both her hands and aiming it towards Xocarl.

The two slashed through Xocarl just before Axel threw his firing chakrams at Xocarl making a big fire blast on her.

The blast faded away and the chakrams flew back to Axel as he placed them back into a Keyblade and he safely landed on his feet.

Xocarl was struggling to continue standing and was about to try her move again, but Riku charged towards her and jumped in the air before falling towards her and smacked her with his Keyblade while saying, “You’re done!”

Xocarl’s shield magically disappeared just as the Nodragon began to moan in pain after that fight and slowly moved backwards not knowing about the edge she was she’s about to come to.

And before she could say or realise anything else, Xocarl flew backwards from the edge while screaming in terror.

Riku and the guardians ran towards the edge and looked down to see no sign of the Nodragon anywhere. It’s like she truly vanished or just quickly flew away before they could see her.

“Huh?! Where’d she go?!” Roxas asked in shock.

“Probably flew away very quickly after losing and before we could stop her from escaping,” answered Axel in theory.

The guardians turned round and saw Ember, the other dragons, Tempest, Spike and the young seven walking towards them, while Lightning was sitting on Silverstream’s back.

“Are guardians okay?” Asked Yona worriedly.

“Yes, we’re fine, Yona,” Xion answered politely.

Mickey took a few steps forward before asking, “Are you guys alright, though?”

“Yes,” answered Smolder kindly, “We’re all right.”

“What happened to that evil looking dragon?” Asked Ocellus.

“After we defeated her, she flew off the edge and then suddenly disappeared without a trace,” Riku answered before placing a hand on his chin, “Guess Vanitas and Cozy Glow was already prepared before we arrived to Equestria from the very beginning.”

“Seems that not all parts of Equestria are safe for us since they’re still after the kid,” said Gallus.

“But isn’t there someplace that is totally safe and could keep Vanitas and Cozy Glow away from us and Lightning?” Asked Spike, “There’s got to be somewhere we can keep them away.”

Riku continued to have his hand on his chin and began to wonder if the place, he has in mind, might be a good way to keep Lightning safe from the darkness.

“I think there is, Spike. But it’s somewhere back at our home.”


At the bottom part from the edge of the big mountain, Xocarl landed hardly on the ground with a big bump.

Okay yeah she does have wings, but she just so lazy to use them whenever she loses in a fight.

The Nodragon slowly got up while groaning in pain before placing her left claw on her right arm.

“Foolish guardians! How long will it take for them to realise what we’re saying about Lightning Twister is true?!”

Suddenly, after one more groan in pain, Xocarl heard a dark corridor appearing noise behind her. She turned round behind her and shockingly saw the dark corridor before it disappeared to reveal Vanitas and Cozy Glow standing there while looking at her.

“Vanitas! Cozy Glow!”

“Hello, Xocarl,” Replied Cozy Glow with an evil grin, “Did we catch you at a bad time?”

Xocarl began to slowly move back a bit in fear while stilly holding her right arm. “Why, are you two, here?”

“We’ve came to stop you from talking too much,” answered Vanitas before smirking evilly at the Nodragon, “And to also eliminate you from the dark order.”

“What?!” Xocarl shouted in shock.

And before she could say anything else, Vanitas quickly grabbed her around the neck and slowly raised her up near him while she choked and struggled to get him to let go of her neck, but it was no good.

“But don’t worry,” added Vanitas, “Your vessel will be perfect to help fill out the rest of the empty ranks. The Storm King would be proud of you, if he ever saw you before this happened. It won’t hurt a bit, I promise.”

Xocarl began to more scared than ever before. “No! Please don’t!” She started to whimper in fear. “I don’t want to...!”

“Goodbye.” Vanitas squished Xocarl’s neck very tightly causing a big blast of fire to appear around her.

The fire disappeared making dark smoke rose from Xocarl’s empty soul body and her entire body disappeared along with the smoke.

Cozy Glow looked at her brother before looking up at the top of the mountain before asking, “Who do those three think they really are?”

Vanitas turned round and looked at his sister before letting out a small chuckle.

“Don’t know. I wonder about that myself.”


Back at the mystery room, Xodiac had his eyes closed and having a hoof on his chin.

Just then, he opened his eyes while letting out a small gasp realising that he can no longer feel the scent of Xocarl.

The Nopony removed his hoof from his chin just as a dark corridor appeared near him and disappeared to reveal Xisnom.

“Xocarl is no more,” the Noyak said.

“Yes, her scent is gone,” Xodiac Replied, “Vanitas struck her down, something I find worrying... Leaders of the dark order striking members down.”

“Our other problem is Lightning Twister. Tempest Plagueis proved to be no match for him, yet he still has no matter what is inside his heart.”

“But we cannot eliminate Lightning, can we?” Asked Zodiac.

“Correct,” answered Xisnom, “For our king, he is in dire need of the young colt.” Xisnom looked down to the ground, “When light loses sight of its path...we may find use for the dark.” He then looked forward while saying, “What we must do...is obtain the darkness.”

Xodiac had his hoof on his chin again, and then thought of an idea that can hopefully bring Lightning to the Storm King without getting eliminated by Vanitas and Cozy Glow.

“Terra, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer... Of course.”

Xisnom turned his head and looked at Xodiac before giving him a nod in agreement.

PreviousChapters Next