• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,170 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,170

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXV: Namine

Every area was in pitch black as Smolder was floating in mid air while still sleeping. But she didn’t stay asleep that long, because her eyes were beginning to slowly open.

She then felt nothing near her chest which her eyes shot open in shock. Lightning Twister wasn’t in her embrace. The orange dragon began to look around for her boyfriend hoping he isn’t captured again and she was now locked in place where she can’t get out and rescue him.

“Lightning?! Lightning! Where you are!? And where am I?!”

Just then, a bright light circle appeared underneath her feet and faded away into a small circle and disappeared revealing a dive to the heart stained glass. It was bright orange with her and Lightning floating next to each other with their eyes closed, and around them were pictures of their friends and family.

Smolder looked around the glass, while trying to figure out what’s going on here, before seeing another patch of bright light appear a few miles away from her and disappeared to reveal a sleeping Lightning laying on the dive to the heart glass.

Smolder let out a small gasp before saying, “Lightning!”

The orange dragon quickly ran towards the little colt and carefully picked him up while looking at him with a worried look on her face.

“Lightning, are you okay? Lightning! Wake up, wake up! Please say something! Say that you’re okay, please!”

Just then, a new female voice was heard. “It’s okay, Smolder. He’s still alive, just asleep.”

Smolder looked behind her and saw a sparkling light appear a few miles away from her before turning into a physical form of herself.

Smolder turned her whole body round, while gently holding the sleeping colt in her arms, and moved back a bit in shock to see a physical form that looks exactly like her.

“Who are you? Why do you look like me? And how do you know my name?” Smolder asked.

“It’s okay,” She replied, “I’m not gonna hurt you or the little one, I promise. Don’t be afraid.” She then walked towards the dragon with a smile on her face.

“Maybe I should have introduced myself. My name is Namine. I’m one of Sora’s friends back home.”

“Sora? You know him?”

“Yes,” Namine answered while smiling at the dragon, “Sora helped and saved me before I became my own self after being a Nobody of Kairi. But he wouldn’t have remembered how we really first met since he chose to forget about that time after I was forced to create fake memories in him so a Nobody named Marluxia can use him to take over the Organization.”

“I see,” said Smolder before remembering her other question, “But why do you look a lot like me and still sound like yourself? Before the Tree of Harmony became the TreeHOUSE of Harmony, it took a physical form of Twilight and even sounds like Twilight. And you’re doing exactly the same only, with your own voice and not mine.”

Namine continued to smile at Smolder before answering, “Even though I’m now in my own body, I can still use my powers only when I need to. And I can still appear in my friends’ minds to help them. But when it comes to appearing in minds of creatures from Equestria, I can only appear in the form on whoever I meet but still sound like myself.”

“Even if some creatures are boys?”

Namine let out a chuckle while blushing a bit. “Let’s not go there.”

The girl looked at Lightning, still fast asleep in Smolder’s arms, while smiling at him.

“He’s such a sweet cute little pony,” Namine said softly.

“He sure is,” replied Smolder smiling at her boyfriend before looking at Namine, “But, why are you here? Is there somecreature trying to mess with our memories like Marluxia made you do to Sora?”

Namine frowned before shaking her head. “No. That’s not why I’m here. I’m here, because I need to warn you that, what Second Shadow said to you and your friends, was true.”

“About The Storm King actually returning?!”

Namine nodded in response.

“Yes. He’s the one who was behind the kidnapping of young Lightning Twister last night.”

“That would explain the Storm Guard then,” said Smolder.

“But,” Namine went on, “All I’m trying to say is, whatever The Storm King wants once he’s alive again, it has something to do with Lightning. And you can’t let him have him, no matter what he brings out next.”

“Even if Vanitas and Cozy Glow get in the way?” Smolder asked before suddenly thought of something, “Wait. Are those two part of The Storm King’s return as well?”

“Yes. They’ve made a deal. Vanitas and Cozy Glow promised to help him and he will give them what they truly wanted.”

“That makes two villains that wants the kid,” said Smolder not amused.

“Smolder, you must protect Lightning Twister from Vanitas, Cozy Glow and The Storm King at all cost. You can’t let them take him.”

Smolder gave Namine a serious look and a nod before saying, “That’s what I was planning to do after we escaped from his kingdom, and I’m gonna make sure he’s safe with us.” She looked down at her boyfriend, “Because no matter how much he gets hurt, it’s bad for Fluttershy. Either way, he’s my boyfriend. And I can’t lose him again for the seventh time. He’s been through too much.”

Namine gave the orange dragon a friendly smile. “I know you’ll do a good job protecting him for real, Smolder.”

Smolder gave Namine a smile in return. “Thank you, Namine.”

While the two smiled at each other, a bright light slowly appeared the stained glass and the three. It was time for them to return to their original places. As the light was nearly completely over them, Namine was able to say one last thing to the dragon,

“Good luck.”


In the real world, Smolder shot her eyes wide open before looking around the cave and the little colt sleeping in her arms. She smiled and let out a soft sigh of relief.

“It was just a dream with a real visit from Namine after all.”

Suddenly, she heard whimpering coming from Lightning Twister with tears beginning to run down his face. He was having a nightmare.

Lightning shot open his eyes and began to breath heavily before looking around the area he was in.

Smolder gently hugged him close to her in comfort. “Lightning, are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?”

Lightning looked up to his girlfriend, with tears now rolling down his face, and nodded his head before saying, “I can’t stop remembering what I did to Tempest Plagueis. I killed him. I’m...I’m a killer! I’m a monster!”

Smolder gently rested Lightning’s head on her chest and carefully rubbed his back with her claw.

“Shhh...shhh shh shhh...” she cooed in his ear, “Lightning, you’re not a killer or a monster. We know you didn’t mean to kill him. It was probably something that made you do that. But I’m sure whatever it was, we’ll figure it out.”

Lightning sniffed as Smolder gently brushed his tears with her claw.

“But what about the Storm Guards, Vanitas and Cozy Glow? They’re still after me! You’re a strong dragon and like cute things, but you can scare the guards off with your fire breath, right?”

The orange dragon playfully grinned at her boyfriend before gently rubbing his mane and saying, “You know it, little one. I can scare them off if they lay one finger on you, if they dare.”

Lightning finally gave Smolder a happy smile while she smiled at him back.

“Come, let’s back get back to sleep,” said the orange dragon, “We need to head to the Dragon Lands straight after breakfast tomorrow, so we’re gonna need all the sleep we can get.”

Lightning nodded her head at her and softly smiled before saying, “Okie dokie.”

He then slowly closed his eyes while resting his head on his girlfriend’s chest and fell asleep. Smolder gently gave Lightning a kiss on the forehead before falling back asleep while hugging Lightning in her warm embrace.

PreviousChapters Next