• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXXVIII: Replica Showdown

Back at the Crystal Empire, things were looking all right still after that giant Unversed attack and the return of Applejack’s return.

Constantine had just finished making a protective shield over the empire to keep any Unversed from coming in and attacking the innocents. Applejack was telling her parents in the throne room, with Ventus and the others, about the great adventures she and her friends had over the years on how they spread friendship across the entire Equestria, started running a school that teaches friendship and how she became an aunt of a little colt Fluttershy adopted.

“And from this day on forwards, that little colt has been my little sugarcube of a nephew ever since,” finished Applejack proudly.

“Aww, that’s such a lovely story,” said Pear Butter softly and lovingly, “And this Lightning Twister you speak of sounds so adorable. I can’t wait to meet him when he returns.”

Fluttershy giggled before saying, “I’m sure you’ll love him to bits like we all do.”

Celestial, however, was more concerned that the fact Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer and Terra still haven’t returned yet from their mission through the secret underground door. She was started to feel more worried about her again.

Luna noticed this right away and asked, “Sister, are you alright?”

Celestia let out a sigh before answering, “I just, can’t shake the feeling that something bad has happened to Sunset Shimmer which is why they’re not back yet.”

“Come on, Celestia,” said Twilight softly, “I’m sure she’s okay. They’re probably got other things to handle through that door. Plus I’m worried about her, Spike and Starlight too, but that’s the inside of me, the outside of me is believing that they’re doing just fine and will return here safely.”

“I’m worried about Starlight as well,” added Sunburst, “But I believe in Twilight when she saids the two ponies will be okay and return here safely, then I totally believe in that.”

“And even though I lost Terra before and don’t wanna lose a friend again when he went through that door,” said Ventus, “I still believe that Terra’s gonna be just fine, especially since it’s been two years since he was the ninth seeker of darkness.”

“Me and Shining may be worried about Flurry Heart,” said Cadence, “But I know Sora and our grown up son will keep her safe no matter what.”

“Noted,” replied the sun Princess, “But still...”

Before she could continue on, a familiar female voice was heard from the distance of the throne room entrance.

“Missed me, Princess Celestia?”

They all turned and saw both Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer standing in front of the opened doors and wearing strange outfits but no Terra with them. (Spoiler Alert: they’re the replicas)

Celestia let out a big gasp of happiness while the others stared at the two unicorns with confuse looks on their faces.

“Sunset Shimmer! You’re home!”

She was about to run up to her so she can hug her, but Luna quickly placed a hoof out in front of her to stop her from getting to close to Sunset.

“Huh? What gives, Luna?”

“I’m sorry, Celestia.” Luna placed her hoof back down while saying, “But I know for a fact those are NOT the Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer we know and love.”

“I have to agree with her, Celestia,” Twilight said while glaring at the two ponies, “See the outfits they’re wearing? Sunset and Starlight would never wear those kind of outfits.”

“And Terra’s not with them!” Added Ventus.

“What?” Celestial looked at the two unicorns again and saw they were right. The outfits they were wearing aren’t the kind of outfits Sunset and Starlight would normally wear and Terra wasn’t even with them.

That’s when Celestia started to grew a shock look on her face and said, “You’re right, sister. They’re not our Sunset and Starlight! Who are you two and what have you done with Sunset and Starlight?!”

“What are you talking about, Celestia?” Lied the fake Sunset, “We ARE Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer. Surely you know that.”

“Oh really?” Asked Vincent while crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow, “Then why isn’t Terra with you? Hmm?”

“He betrayed us,” lied the fake Starlight while pretending to feel sad and betrayed, “After we went through the door, Terra let the darkness right back into him and returned to who he was before. A pawn of the darkness. We had no choice but to wear these outfits to keep the darkness from affecting us and destroy Terra along with that terrible darkness.”

Suddenly, they’ve heard Terra’s voice from behind them.

“You may wanna rephrase that.”

The two replicas turned behind them and saw Terra standing with both the REAL Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer before they walked up to the fakes and stood near them as they all stared at each other while the others behind the replicas stood there in both shocked and surprised.

“Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy gasped in shock, “There’s the real Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer with Terra still a good guy! So those two are fakes trying to fool us!”

“Just as we thought!” Said Twilight.

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash added.

The three friends stared at the replicas as they stared at them back.

“Hmph,” began Sunset Replica, “You lot have changed. Your own darknesses...they don’t frighten you anymore.”

“How can you tell?” The real Sunset Shimmer asked.

“Because I’m you and she’s her.”

The two ponies didn’t believe that.

“No, SHE’S her and I’M me,” replied Starlight.

The two replicas shrugged while Starlight Replica said, “‘She’s her and I’m me,” she says. Must be nice being real. A fake like us, could never get away with saying that.” That’s when she started to get angry, “That’s right! We’re a phony, a fake! The way we look, the way we feel, everything we remember! And even, this newfound power!”

The replicas started to glow in darkness grasp which made everyone in the room let out a gasp of shock and confusion.

The darkness grasp slowly faded away from the two while Sunset Replica said, “We thought by finding some new strength, we could finally be someone...someone who is not at all you two! But...nothing changes...we’re still just empty! Everything about us is borrowed. As long as you two are around, we’ll never be more than two shadows!”

Sunset Replica and Starlight Replica summoned their soul eaters while glaring at the three. Terra, Sunset and Starlight stood in battle mode ready to fight them one last time as Terra summoned his Keyblade.

The others took a step back a bit to stay away from the fight that was about to happen.

Sunset Replica shot a darkness grasp ball at Terra which he manage to block it from hitting him with his Keyblade as it magically disappeared.

Terra jumped really high in the air, pointed his Keyblade at the replicas and shouted, “Fire!” which made three fire balls shoot out of his blade and hit the replicas causing him to fly to one side but still landed back on their hooves.

Sunset quickly used her magic to grab hold of the replicas’s soul eaters, floated them into the air and magically destroyed them without any harmless darkness or getting anyone hurt.

“I’m impressed,” said Celestia in a impressive tone.

Sunset Replica and Starlight Replica watched their soul eaters get destroyed before glaring very angrily at the two unicorns.

“You’re both not real,” said Starlight Replica angrily, “We’re the real ones! THE REAL HEARTS BELONG TO US!!” They both ran up to the real ponies.

Sunset Replica tried punching Sunset Shimmer, but she was too quick on her hooves and kept teleporting to one spot after the other for every time the Replica tried to punch her.

The fake Sunset Shimmer looked all around for the real Sunset Shimmer, but couldn’t seem to find her. She felt a slow tap on her shoulder. She turned behind her and just before she could say or do anything, Sunset Shimmer popped in front of her while saying, “Helloo.”

Sunset Replica screamed as it made her jump and scared giving Sunset the moment to punch her really hard in front her. Sunset Replica collapsed to the ground and fell unconscious.

“And that’s what you get for trying to make my friends think I’ve gone back to my old ways,” said Sunset proudly with a smirk on her face.

“I like where this is going,” said Rainbow in amazed with Twilight nodding in agreement just before Pinkie came back with some popcorn to eat while watching the fight against the replicas.

Starlight Replica was shooting magical lasers at Starlight Glimmer, but the same with Sunset Shimmer, she kept teleporting to one to another avoiding the laser blast. She even blew a raspberry at her to mock her.

“Hold still, you brat!” Shout Starlight Replica angrily before shooting another magical laser at her.

But again, she still teleported away before the laser could hit her and ended up behind the Replica. The fake Starlight glared at the real Starlight while growling, “You three will pay for this!”

“Put it on my tab,” Starlight said as she smirked at her.

Starlight teleported into mid air and used her magic to help her fly. She shot a big magical laser at the fake which made her look at it in shock. The Replica ran as fast as she could to get away from the laser. But the laser hit her causing her to fly and land on the ground next to Sunset Replica before falling unconscious.

Terra, Sunset and Starlight stood near the unconscious replicas now that the battle between the real and fake ponies was over.

“Care to do the honours, Terra?” Starlight asked politely.

“With pleasure,” answered Terra kindly.

Terra pointed his Keyblade at the replicas and a spark of light appeared at the end of the blade. It shot a beam from it and aimed at the replicas. The beam of light made dark smoke appear around the fakes making them fade away in defeat and destroyed.

The replicas faded away just as the dark smoke floated up into the air and disappeared.

Terra, Sunset and Starlight were relief that the replicas were now gone for good as Celestia quickly grabbed Sunset with her magic and pulled her into a tight embrace.

“Oh Sunset!” She said tearfully but happily, “I was so worried about you! I thought I’d never see you again for a second time! I’m so glad you’re safe!” Sunset couldn’t say anything as her face was now buried in Celestia’s chest because she was hugging her very tightly.

Starlight and Terra giggled at Celestia hugging Sunset until Ventus and Sunburst’s voice was heard.

“Terra!”

“Starlight!”

The two turned and saw Ventus and Sunburst running up towards them with smiles on their faces. Ventus hugged Terra as he hugged him back while Sunburst and Starlight hugged each other.

“I’m so glad you’re home safe and sound,” Sunburst said happily before giving his wife a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m glad to be back home with you lot,” replied Starlight happily before they broke the hug.

Twilight walked up to Starlight while smiling at her. “Welcome home, Starlight.”

“Thanks, Twilight,” Starlight said softly, “It feels good to be home again with my friends and family.” She then suddenly saw that not everycreature was in the room, “Wait, where’s Riku, Fizzlepop, Mickey and the children?”

“They’re on a mission like you three were,” answered Pinkie Pie.

“Something happened to my baby boy a few nights back,” added Fluttershy.

Starlight knew what she meant by that. Lightning Twister was foalnapped for the fifth time.

“Oh no...” said Starlight in annoyed while facehoofing and shaking her head.

“Oh yes,” said Rainbow Dash, “The poor kid got foalnapped once again.”

Celestia continued to squish Sunset into her chest while hugging her. That Princess really did missed her ex-student.

“So did you find out what was going on behind that door?” Amore asked.

“Yeah, it was just Xehanort from the past trying to get us become pawns of the darkness again,” answered Terra, “Seems that Vanitas and Cozy Glow weren’t the only ones trying to get us to fall to darkness.”

“Well, I’m so glad you’re all made it back safely,” Celestia said continuing to squish Sunset tightly, “Especially you, Sunset Shimmer.”

Sunset was struggling to breath and move from the embrace of Princess Celestia as she was wiggling her hooves around.

“Sister, please release Sunset Shimmer. I know you missed her so much, but she needs to breath from your big embrace.” Luna giggled a bit.

“All right, sister.” Celestia broke the hug and allowed Sunset a breath from being buried into her chest for more than four minutes.

Just then, Sunburst saw something where the replicas once laid in defeat. “Hang on. What’s that?”

Ventus walked over to the spot and saw it was another one of Vanitas’s cards. He picked it up and looked at it while walked over to him to look at it as well.

“Another one of Vanitas’s cards? How many more are there to collect now?” Pinkie asked confusedly.

“Don’t know, Pinkie,” answered Twilight while staring at the card in Ven’s hand, “But let’s just hope that the others have found the rest of the cards before we found this one.”

“Yeah. I hope so too,” added Ven while looking at the card in his hand.

Author's Note:

In the next chapter, the reveal of the Storm Pony!

PreviousChapters Next