• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,166 Views, 258 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 258
 3,166

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXXVII: Smolder vs Vanitas

Morning rose at the Land of Departure and everyone have just woken up around seven in the morning. They all got out of bed and stretched a bit before coming out of the rooms and started to make their way to the kitchen to have breakfast before returning to Equestria.

However, when they walked past the stairway to the thrones, Lightning Twister stopped and looked at the stairway. He then heard whispering coming from where the thrones were.

Lightning started to walk up the stairway and towards the thrones. Smolder was flying towards the kitchen following the others until she realised that her boyfriend was around them. She stopped and floated with her wings flapping, while the others continued on, and looked behind her to see where Lightning had gone to.

There she saw him walking up the stairway to the area of the thrones. So the dragon decided to follow him and see if anything was wrong so she can help him.


Lightning reached the area of the thrones which was on top of a small stairway with two giant circle floors joined together with a few medium rectangle sized windows on each side and at the end was a barrier to help stop anyone from falling.

He continued to hear the whispering until he felt a pain in his head as he groaned in pain while closing his eyes and placing a hoof on his forehead.

The whispering stopped just as a familiar female voice was heard behind him.

“Lightning?”

Lightning opened his eyes while removing his hoof from his forehead, since the pain has now stopped, and turned round to see Smolder walking towards him with a worried look on her face.

“Are you feeling okay?” She asked.

Lightning looked at his girlfriend for a few secs before sadly looking away and shaking his head in response.

“Last night,” Lightning spoke, “I didn’t just have a nightmare about the princesses punishing me for what I did to Tempest Plagueis. Something else happened before that.”

Smolder kneeled down a bit before gently placing a claw on her boyfriend’s shoulder while he was still looking away but still continued to speak,

“I saw images, like they’re telling me what’s to come next. Most of them I’m not sure of. But one image had Cozy Glow kissing somepony like she will finally win.”

“Who was she kissing?”

Lightning sadly looked at Smolder, finally, before answering her.

“Me.”

Smolder let out a small gasp of shock. After hearing what he just said, he began to feel like the darkness is starting to get to him and showing him what’s gonna happen when he accepts the darkness. And after what happened to Tempest Plagueis, it’s almost like it was starting to take over him.

Before the two can say anything else, Vanitas was heard behind them.

“Lightning.”

Smolder turned behind her while summoning her Keyblade and they both saw Vanitas and Cozy Glow standing near them with the area now being the secret room of the castle which were the two bad guys were at still.

“Wherever you are now, you are hard to find,” said Vanitas.

Smolder glared at the two while holding her Keyblade and their half of the area was still the thrones of the castle. “You’re both hard to get rid of.”

Smolder turned back to Lightning and gently rubbed his mane in comfort.

“We appeared at the training room because we needed to see you,” said Vanitas while his and Cozy Glow’s half of the area was the secret room of the castle, “We needed to you to see, who you are. We know the rest of your past.”

The dragon and pony didn’t listened to the Unversed leader as Smolder continued to comfort Lightning Twister.

“Lightning,” said Vanitas.

That caught their attention as Smolder glared at them again while pointing her Keyblade at them and Lightning looked at them in fear.

“You’re lying to him,” growled Smolder through her teeth.

“I’d never lie to him,” Vanitas said before walking to the left while staring at the two, “His mother moved away from Ponyville and Canterlot. She chose to move away, to keep him safe while she was still pregnant with him.”

“Don’t!” Growled the orange dragon.

“He remembers more than he say,” continued Vanitas while still walking, “We’ve been in his head.”

Lightning felt pain in his head again and placed a hoof back on his forehead while groaning in pain. This made Smolder look at him worriedly.

“Stop!” He cried in pain, “Stop it!”

“Search your memory,” finished Vanitas before he stopped walking.

“NO!”

“Leave him alone!” Shouted the angry dragon and charged towards Vanitas with both their areas now in the thrones area.

Smolder swinged her Keyblade to the right to slice Vanitas but he quickly dodged it before summoning his Keyblade and clashed it with hers while she tried to push it at his Keyblade.

While blocking her attack, Vanitas looked at the colt while saying, “Remember your mother. See her.”

Lightning continued to groan in pain with his hooves on his forehead as the pain got even more worst. Suddenly, a memory appeared in his mind.

There was a black coated pony with her hood covering her face and running away from what looks to be the castle of the Storm King.

She stopped on top of a pathway on a mountain while taking a few deep breaths in.

Suddenly, an angry scream coming the Storm King’s castle. It was the Storm King who was angrily screaming.

“NNOOO!!” He shouted from the castle making the pony look behind her at the castle and showing a bit of her face.

The memory ended and Smolder was getting more and more tired of Vanitas and Cozy Glow torturing her boyfriend with big fat lies. She swinged her Keyblade to the right while taking Vanitas’s Keyblade along breaking the clash.

They started to walk around in a circle as the area turned into the secret room of the castle.

“She hid away to protect you,” said Vanitas.

“I said stop talking!” Smolder said angrily.

“Lightning,” went on Vanitas with the area now back to the thrones area, “We know about your unknown past.”

Smolder and Vanitas clashed their Keyblades together three times while moving a bit with the area now back to the secret castle room and then back to the thrones area as the two clashed their Keyblades together and moved them down to the floor and stayed there for a few secs before Smolder broke the clash again by kicking Vanitas away from her.


Back in the hallway, the rest of the group were still making their way to the kitchen and start having their breakfast.

But their walk didn’t last long as Spike suddenly noticed something while flying next to Xion. He turned behind him and let out a gasp of shock after seeing no sign of Smolder or Lightning Twister.

“Guys!” He shouted worriedly making everyone stop in their tracks and looked at him, “Smolder and Lightning aren’t with us anymore! They’re gone!”

“What?!” The Young Five shouted in shock before looking around them and saw he was right. Smolder and Lightning Twister weren’t with them anymore. This made them worried.

“Where dragon and little pony gone?!” Yona asked worriedly.

“I don’t know,” replied Roxas calmly, “But let’s just hope nothing bad has happened to them.”

Just then, the sound of Keyblades clashing was heard from the distance.

“Do you hear that?” asked Axel while placing a hand near his ear to see if it wasn’t his head playing up.

“Yeah,” replied Mickey hearing the sound as well, “It sounds like someone’s having a fight with another Keyblade Wielder.”

This made them think it could Smolder and Lightning fighting a seeker that’s working with Vanitas and Cozy Glow or it could be them two fighting them.

“You don’t think?” Asked Fizzlepop while looking at Riku.

“Let’s hope not,” Replied Riku, “But let’s find out. Come on!” They all started to run from the way to the kitchen and towards the thrones area instead to see if Smolder and Lightning fighting Vanitas and Cozy Glow was true or not.


The area was still the thrones area as Smolder and Vanitas continued to clash their Keyblades together several times but most of the time they missed the next clash.

After one more clash, Vanitas said, “Tell is where you and Lightning are. He doesn’t know the whole story.”

Smolder clashed her Keyblade with his Keyblade, making the area turn back into the secret castle room, and the orange dragon ran behind Vanitas and stood in front of Lightning to protect him.

Half of the area, Vanitas and Cozy Glow were at, was the thrones area while Smolder and Lightning’s half of the area was the secret castle room. Vanitas turned to look at Lightning before saying, “It was The Storm King, who scared your mother into moving away from Ponyville and Canterlot.”

Smolder walked to the half thrones part of the area and away from the secret castle room area while glaring at Vanitas as he continued on, “He was looking at her. But he didn’t know where she was hiding.”

The area was now the secret castle room with Vanitas now walking a bit while saying, “So he invaded Canterlot during the friendship festival.”

Back to the whole thrones area, Lightning had tears rolling down his face with his hooves still on his forehead while breathing heavily during the pain as another memory appeared in his mind.

Cold Wind and Rain Heart was still enjoying their time together at the friendship festival, during pregnant time and the day she was about to give to him, until the mare suddenly saw darkness clouds coming towards Canterlot with an airship coming from it.

Rain Heart quickly placed her hooves on her husband while saying, “Don’t ask why, but we need to leave.”

“What?” Cold Wind asked confusedly.

“Now!”

They spread their wings out and flew into the sky and away from both Canterlot and Ponyville till they reached a place that wasn’t near the two places in Equestria.

Just then, Rain Heart let out a painful scream and holding her pregnant belly as Cold Wind quickly grabbed a hold of his wife and helped her reach the nearest hospital in town.

She was about to give birth to her son.

“NO!” Lightning shouted angrily, with tears gone from his face and the area now the thrones area again, before summoning his Keyblade and started attacking Vanitas as he tried blocking his attacks with his Keyblade.

Smolder was scared by this. “Lightning!” She cried, but he didn’t listened. He continued to angrily attack the seeker while the filly watched on and saw the deepest darkness in him.

“Lightning, stop!” The dragon cried once more.

That caught Lightning’s attention. Because just as he was to hit Vanitas with his Keyblade, he angrily looked behind him and saw Smolder worriedly looking at him.

Lightning’s anger turned into a sad look as he collapsed to the ground, with his Keyblade disappearing, and cried into his hooves knowing what he had done.

Smolder quickly ran towards him and gently placed a claw on his shoulder. She gave Lightning a sad look before glaring at Vanitas again.

“Stop tearing him apart!” She shouted angrily before flying quickly at him and pushed him with her feet really hard causing him to fly backwards while holding his Keyblade.

Vanitas landed on throne in the middle before growing a shock look on his face as to what he was sitting on. He moved his hand on the throne and looked at it before staring at the two.

Smolder was now worried after seeing what Vanitas was doing. He now knows where they are hiding.

While getting off the throne and onto his feet, Vanitas said, “So that’s where you are.”

Smolder flew towards the seeker and clashed her Keyblade with his. The second time he dodged, but clashed the third time before running behind the dragon as she turned round to where he was and clashed her Keyblade with his Keyblade again and tried pushing him down with it.

“You know why The Storm King wanted the colt in the first place?”

Smolder continued to glare at him while quietly saying, “No.”

“We’ll come to tell you all.” Vanitas and Smolder broke the clash and the seeing vision ended as Smolder’s Keyblade disappeared.

She looked around seeing if they were still about while breathing heavily, but couldn’t see them anywhere. They were gone again.

Smolder suddenly let out a small gasp of shock before turning where her boyfriend was crying in his hooves while worriedly shouting, “Lightning!”

She quickly ran towards him so she can comfort him.


Back in the secret castle room, a Storm Guard was standing near the seeker and pony waiting for new orders. Vanitas and Cozy looked at the Guard as Vanitas said, “He’s at the Land of Departure. Block all the doors!”

The two started to make their way to Land of Departure so they can tell Lightning about the darkness within him and the whole reason The Storm King’s after him.


Back at the thrones area in the castle, Smolder bent down to her knees and carefully hugged the poor crying colt as he continued to cry in his hooves.

“I’m sorry!” He said sadly, “I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

Smolder gently patted Lightning’s back while softly shushing him, “Shhh...it’s okay, it’s okay. I know you didn’t mean to. I’m not angry, I’m not angry. Just shhh...shh shh shh...”

The guardians and the creatures manage to make their way to the thrones and saw the orange dragon cuddling the pony who was crying in his hooves. They ran up towards them as the Young Five circles around the two.

“What happened? Is he alright?” Asked Xion worriedly.

Smolder looked at Xion worriedly, and instead of answering her question, she said, “We have to go! We need to get back to the Crystal Empire! Now!”

Everyone was confuse by this.

“But what about breakfast?” Asked Sandbar earning a nod from Yona.

“There isn’t any time!” The dragon replied at the pony, “We need to get out of here before...!”

Before she could continue, a Storm Guard magically flashily appeared in front of the thrones making Smolder look behind her in shock with the others, even Lightning, looking over her in shock as well before ten more appeared around them.

Suddenly, twelve dark purple tentacles rose from the ground and wiggled a bit before each of them grabbed each of the group as they screamed in fear leaving Lightning alone in the ground, with no creature to protect him now, and pulled them up in the air.

“Guys!” Lightning shouted worriedly.

The guardians and creatures struggled to break from the tentacles, but it wasn’t any good, the tentacles were way too strong for them to even escape from.

“It’s no use!” Said Ocellus in fear, “We’re trapped!”

Gallus saw something near two of the Storm Guards, that were in front of the thrones, after trying to break free one last time. “Look!” He said.

They all looked at the two guards, so did Lightning, and saw a dark corridor appeared in front of the two guards and then disappeared to reveal Vanitas and Cozy Glow standing there while looking at the colt.

Lightning has a scared look on his face while staring at the two Unversed leaders as he then gulped in fear.

He knew this can’t be good.

Author's Note:

Just one chapter to go and the Storm Pony will be revealed!

Hope you got your guesses ready

PreviousChapters Next