• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLIII: Comfort and Forgiveness

Lightning Twister didn’t go far after running out of the throne room. He didn’t even run out of the castle and out of the Crystal Empire. He ran across the hallway while still crying before he reached one of the guest rooms, he and his friends were sleeping in, and closed the door behind him just as Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Young Six stopped near the guest room door.

Sora worriedly started knocking the guest room door.

“Lightning! Please open the door!” Sora said calmly but loud enough for Lightning to hear from the room while twisting the door handle only to see that it was locked, “I know those words from Pinkie hurt you, but we’re not all against you! We know you never wanted to kill Tempest Plagueis and you didn’t know about you being the grandson of The Storm King! But we still help you get through this, we’re still your friends and family! Just let me in!”

With no answer heard from the room, Sora stopped twisting the handle and decided not to bother him anymore or even try to get the colt to let him in the room. So he let go of the handle and let out a calm sigh.

“All right, Lightning. I understand you’re upset about Pinkie’s cruel words. So we’ll leave you be and come back to check on you later, okay?”

With still no answer from the poor colt, Sora decided to accept that for a yes before walking away from the guest room door while Donald, Goofy and the Young Seven watched him in confusion.

“Sora, where are you going?” Donald asked, “What about Lightning Twister?”

Sora stopped walking and turned round to look at Donald before answering, “Lightning is in a bad place right now. He wants to be alone after everything that has happened to him when we got here. But we will check on him later if he’s ready to see his friends again.”

Donald looked at the guest bedroom door for a few seconds and completely see that his friend was right. Lightning Twister has had a few rough days and been accused for something he didn’t know he was suppose to be part of and didn’t want any part of it now that he knows why the darkness was in his heart.

“Aww, you’re right,” he said to Sora while turning his head back to look at him with a sad look on his face.

Sora continued to walk back to the throne room as Donald, Goofy and the Young Six followed behind him leaving Lightning alone and check on him later on.


It’s been about two hours since Lightning ran out of the throne room and into the guest room. In fact, he was still in the guest room, sitting on the bed while sobbing a bit still and holding his Bendy plushie that was packed in his bag when they all leaving to the Crystal Empire on the first day.

After Pinkie Pie hurtled his feelings, by saying he was a traitor the whole time and locking him up, he couldn’t help but think what might happen next. Will Fluttershy and Capper still accept him as their son or will they and the others leave him in Tartarus because he was the Storm Pony? And does Smolder still wanna be his girlfriend while Silverstream continuing being his big sister figure and the others being his friends or will they leave him and no longer be by his side anymore?

He was scared the same way he would see his father and the day he first met Cozy Glow.

Just then, Lightning heard the guest bedroom door open. He looked up to see the door slowly but carefully opening and in came Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Young Six coming in to check on him like Sora said they would a few hours ago. Ocellus was holding a plate full of double chocolate cookies in her hoof while Gallus was holding a cup of hot chocolate in his claw to help try to make Lightning feel more better.

“Lightning sweetheart, are you feeling alright now?” Silverstream asked worriedly but softly as they walked towards the bed.

Lightning sadly looked at his friend and girlfriend before slowly shaking his head in response.

“I feel, awful,” he said sadly and quietly but loud enough for the others to hear him.

Sora sat on the edge of the bed next to the colt. “Why do you feel awful? You did nothing wrong.”

“But I did!” Lightning replied sadly as new tears began to roll down his face, “I was the one who let The Storm King threaten all kingdoms of Equestria! I was the one who let him made all the hippogriffs go into hiding! I’m the reason why The Storm King did all of this, even after you defeat Xehanort! This is all my fault! I’m a bad pony!”

“Oh you’re not, kid,” said the blue griffon who was putting the cup of hot chocolate on the nightstand, “You didn’t know you were part of The Storm family tree, and neither did we. But we’re not against now we know. We believe that you’re still a good pony.”

“And we know that, because we’re still your friends and family,” added Silverstream with a soft and friendly smile.

The colt looked at pink hippogriff with a tear streaming down his cheek. “But, I let The Storm King invade your kingdom. I’m a threat to the hippogriffs.”

Silverstream gently placed a claw on Lightning’s shoulder while softly saying, “You’re also my little brother. You may be the grandson of The Storm King, but you’re still one of us. A member of the friendship bond and family. We could never abandon you for being related to that beast, even if we didn’t know about it before we first met.”

“And not only that,” Smolder began as she flew towards the bed and sat next to Lightning on the edge of the bed to where the pillow was, “I still love you. Even after hearing the truth from Vanitas, I believe you’re nothing like that yeti and my heart is still completed with you in.”

Lightning started to look at the orange dragon before asking, “I’m still, your boyfriend?”

Smolder gave Lightning a nod while smiling before looking away with a worried frown on her face. “And also, there’s something I been meaning to tell you. It’s something I didn’t wanna tell you, but I feel like it needs to come out.”

Lightning looked at his girlfriend confusedly as she looked down at the ground while placing her claws on her arms before letting out a calm sigh and then said,

“When I asked Ember if you could be part of the next egg hatching day, I didn’t just ask her because I wanted you to be there with me to help out. It’s also because...I wanted to tell you that I’m worried I might be the next dragon lord, if Ember does choose me instead of doing another gauntlet of fire challenge for us dragons when the time comes.”

Lightning went into complete shock after hearing what Smolder has just told him. She was afraid that Ember might choose her as the new dragon lord and might become a bad one since she never been or told much about being a dragon lord before. So the orange dragon actually had two reasons why she asked Ember if Lightning Twister could be part of the next egg hatching day.

Smolder looked to the left, with a sad frown, while still holding her arms with her claws. “But if you change your mind about learning the life of dragons, I’ll accept that since I’ll always love you no matter what.”

Smolder suddenly felt Lightning’s hoof on her leg. She looked at him with a confuse look and saw he had a worried look as he then said,

“It’s not like I didn’t wanna be part of the dragon family. I was happy to be part of it. But I was also worried, because if you do become a dragon lord, then I’ll become a dragon lord too. And I’m scared I might be a bad pony, dragons might not accept me as a dragon lord since I’m a pony, and I might hurt myself if I touch or fall into lava.” He sadly looked away before continuing, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that before this all happened. I just, didn’t know what you might say if I told you from the beginning.”

The orange dragon just looked at her sad boyfriend as a small smile grew on her face. She wasn’t even upset or angry that Lightning didn’t tell her about this before the darkness of Vanitas and Cozy Glow happened. Smolder carefully and slowly placed a claw on Lightning’s hoof making him look at it in a small shock.

“It’s okay, sweetie,” Smolder said softly, “I already forgive you. And I understand.”

Lightning looked at the dragon claw for one more second before finally smiling at Smolder while blushing. Smolder’s small smile grew bigger as they both stared each other like happy lovebirds still together during bad times.

Just then, they all heard hoofsteps coming into the guest room. They looked at the doorway and saw Pinkie Pie entering the room with a guilt look on her face. But she was then stopped by Donald Duck who was glaring at her while pointing his staff at her which made her yelp a bit.

“Not one more step from you, Pinkie!” He said crossly, “If you’re here to continue going on about Lightning being related to The Storm King and is still tricking us, I would suggest leaving right now! He has been through enough today!”

“I’m not here to continue telling you he’s just tricking you!” Pinkie replied, “I’m just here to apologise to him and to make things right with him!”

Donald wasn’t too sure if she was telling the truth or not, but he decided to let it roll and see what happens next with her and the colt. So he made his staff disappear before saying, “All right, I trust you on that. But if you dare hurt him or break his poor heart again, then I’ll show you what happens when you upset someone who is innocent!”

Pinkie nodded her head in understood. Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Young Six started to make their way out of the guest room, after Ocellus places the plate of cookies on the night stand, but they were then stopped by the voice of Lightning Twister.

“Sora. Silverstream. Smolder. Please stay.”

Sora, Silverstream and Smolder looked at the poor pony and gave him a nod as Sora said, “Okay. We’ll stay.” He looked at the young four, Donald and Goofy, “We’ll catch up, Lightning wants us to stay while he talks to Pinkie.”

The wizard, the captain and the four creatures gave Sora a nod in understood before continuing their way out of the room as Goofy closed the door behind him. Sora, Smolder and Silverstream stood by the door watched Pinkie and Lightning to make sure nothing bad happens or things go worst between them.

Pinkie guiltily looked at the three before looking at her nephew who was looking at her in fear that she might upset him again and still believe he’s part of the Storm King’s threat of Equestria and now Kingdom Hearts.

Seeing that he was still afraid, she very gently and calmly walked towards the bed and sat on the edge of the bed while sadly looking at the colt that she broke his heart and made him feel like all of this was his fault even before Fluttershy first found him.

Lightning sadly looked away from Pinkie as he slowly rubbed his left hoof while trying not to think about what’s to come next from Pinkie. Just then, after a few seconds, he felt one of Pinkie’s hoof gently touching his back which made him stop rubbing his hoof and looked back at the pink pony.

“Lightning, what I just said to Donald, is actually true. I wanted to apologise for what I did and said to you. You weren’t a betrayer to friendship, I was. I was suppose to be the element of laughter, but instead, I made you sad which made me become the element of hurtful. But I’ve seen the actions I have caused, and I hope you have the heart to forgive me. Because I am truly sorry for what I did to you. It was totally uncalled of me and I will never let it happen again.”

Lightning looked at Pinkie for a few seconds before looking down at the ground and began to think whether to forgive his aunt or not. But he does know that if he doesn’t forgive her, then the pain will go on forever and Pinkie would believe that she is the worst aunt ever and possibly stop doing parties for the rest of her life.

Sora, Smolder & Silverstream all had worried looks on their faces as they continued to look at the pink pony and the little colt. They were worried that Lightning Twister might not forgive Pinkie after what she said to him about betraying them since he’s related to The Storm King and believing he was fooling them long ago when Fluttershy first found him and took him in as her son.

Suddenly, Pinkie felt a grab on her left hoof. She looked and saw Lightning was hugging her hoof with a small smile as he nuzzled the hoof a bit. “I forgive you...Auntie Pinkie.”

Pinkie began to have small tears of happiness in her eyes while growing a smile on her face. Lightning Twister was able to see love in his heart to forgive the aunt that nearly completely broke his heart. She then gently and slowly picked her nephew up, pulled him close to her chest and hugged him as he hugged her in return.

Sora, Smolder and Silverstream watched the two hugging each other with happy smiles on their faces. They were glad Lightning was able to forgive Pinkie Pie.

“I think we should leave them be for a moment,” said Sora earning a nod from the dragon and hippogriff.

Sora opened the door and the three walked out of the guest room, as Sora closed the door behind them, and started making their way back to the others so they can tell them the good news about Lightning and Pinkie.

PreviousChapters Next