• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 3,175 Views, 260 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Dark Order - OliverSparkle

  • ...
9
 260
 3,175

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLII: Pinkie Pie Upsets Spike and Lightning Twister

Everything was as quiet by the time Sora and the guardians returned back to the Crystal Empire after rescuing Lightning Twister.

In the throne room, Fluttershy was holding her poor son in her hooves hugging him gently with his face buried in her chest, Axel and Constantine was leaning against the wall with their arms crossed and Sora and Riku were standing in front of Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and Amore as they just finished explaining what The Storm King was planning the whole time even before being turned to stone and broke into pieces while the others in the room just stood around and some looked sadly at the poor scared Lightning Twister.

“Twelve Tempest warriors,” said Celestia calmly but in shock, “The Storm King has been busy, even before his great defeat.”

Before she or anycreature could say anything else, they heard poor Lightning Twister sniffing sadly in Fluttershy’s hooves with tears running down his face and into Fluttershy’s fur chest.

“I-I killed T-Tempest P-Plagueis! I-I’m t-the grandson o-of t-the S-Storm K-King! I’m a m-monster! I-I’m s-s-sorry!”

The princess of the sun gave the colt a sad look after hearing him say that. She walked over to Fluttershy and gently stroked Lightning’s mane in comfort.

“Shhh...don’t cry, my little pony,” Celestia said in her soft motherly tone, “None of this was your fault. You didn’t know your grandfather was The Storm King, neither did we. And it wasn’t your fault you killed the ex-King of the hippogriffs, The Storm King’s darkness made you do it. We ain’t gonna punish you. We’re gonna put an end to this and protect you as much as we can. I promise, my dear.” She then carefully kissed Lightning on the forehead as Lightning slowly began to calm down a bit.

But the calming down didn’t last long, as Pinkie Pie started to go on about Lightning Twister being related to the evil yeti again.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! HE’S THE STORM KING’S GRANDSON!! HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT INVASION AT THE FRIENDSHIP FESTIVAL LONG AGO AND NOW THIS!! HE NEEDS TO BE LOCKED AWAY LIKE HIS FATHER!!”

Ohhhh, Fluttershy did not like what she just heard from the pink pony. Her eye twitched in anger before she glared at Pinkie Pie.

“Sunburst, hold my son. There’s something I need to do.”

Sunburst went over to Fluttershy, very carefully took Lightning from her hooves and cradled him to close to him as Fluttershy and Capper went over to Pinkie Pie with an angry look on their faces.

“M-Momma!” Lightning cried in sadness.

“Shhh...it’s okay, Lightning,” cooed Sunburst in the colt’s ear, “She’ll be back. But for now, it’s best you don’t see this.” Sunburst gently moved Lightning’s head to his chest where he can bury his face.

Once Fluttershy and Capper got to Pinkie Pie, who still has a cross look on her face, Fluttershy started to speak to Pinkie the same way she did to Discord long ago during Sora’s first time in Equestria.

“What is the matter with you, Pinkie?! Why must you continue going on and on about Lightning being related to that evil yeti king like he has betrayed us now?!”

“Because he DID betray us!” Pinkie shouted angrily, “He’s been pretending to act like an normal pony, except for during the father abuse times, until the day Vanitas and Cozy Glow came back and was told by Lightning to unleash the darkness in his heart! And since The Storm King is now back and he’s the grandson of him, they’re both after the four princesses and Kingdom Hearts! How can you not see that?!”

Everyone, even Flurry Heart and Mickey, gave the pink pony an angry look after hearing what she just about Lightning Twister betraying them even when he didn’t knew his grandfather was The Storm King.

“Pinkie, stop it already!” Twilight said crossly while walking up to stand by Fluttershy, “You didn’t know Lightning Twister was part of The Storm King’s family! And neither did we! And after everything we did with and for Lightning over the years, the birthdays for him to remember, spending Hearth’s Warming Eve with him, and the awesome rainbooms Rainbow Dash performs on his birthdays to make them a special day for him, you’re just gonna throw them away like we wasted our time doing all of those nice stuff for him?!”

“We DID waste our time doing all those stuff for Lightning, Twilight! We wasted our time doing those things for a pony who would later betray us and turns out to be a bad guy the whole time! Not to mention, YOU also wasted your time humming your soft lullaby to him during the times you were foalsitting him!”

“I was doing what I wanted to do to help Lightning feel calm and better again!” Twilight replied crossly before letting out an annoyed sigh, “And I did not waste my time doing that for him! I didn’t know he was The Storm King’s grandson either! Specially since it’s been years since we last saw The Storm King!”

“Until the day he actually came back from the dead thanks to the help of Vanitas, Cozy Glow, and that stupid pony who is nothing but A LITTLE STORM LIAR!!” Pinkie shouted furiously making Flurry Heart hide underneath her big brother in fear of her outburst.

That made everyone, including Tempest Shadow, Mickey, Axel, Constantine and Terra, go into completely shock after that outburst. Pinkie Pie has just said something so hurtful that not even a child would even stop it from sinking into their hearts.

Lightning couldn’t hold it in any longer, he let the tears running down his face and jumped out of Sunburst’s hooves before running out of the throne room with everyone watching him run out.

“Lightning! Wait!” Sora called out worriedly before running out to catch up with the colt with Donald and Goody following him. The Young Six followed them as well since Lightning was still their friend and Smolder’s boyfriend.

Fluttershy glared very angrily at Pinkie Pie while shaking furiously.

“STOP MAKING HIS PAIN WORST!!” She shouted furiously.

“I’m making his pain worst?! He made our pain worst than the other pains we had in the past! By lying to us and made us waste our time being nice to him and making him part of our lives!”

“Will you stop believing he’s been lying to us?!” Twilight was getting tired of this. “He didn’t do anything wrong to us! Like I said, we didn’t know he was part of the Storm family or was part of The Storm King’s actual plan!”

“Why must you continue being on his side, Twilight?! Spike did an bad thing of accusing you for being jealous of Sludge, and you still took that little orphan’s side after realising that Sludge wasn’t his real father since he never had any!”

Those words made Twilight grow more angrier while Spike started to feel upset now and looked down in sadness as he rubbed his arm.

Twilight walked up to Pinkie before saying, “Never, and I mean NEVER, call Spike and orphan again! Yes he may have said some things to me that broke my heart when Sludge was pretending to his dad, but I forgave him because that’s what family and friends do! Sure I made a mistake to him by saying he isn’t my brother, but I regretted it now! And he does a mother! TWO mothers actually! My mother who accepted Spike as a family member, and me since I was the one who hatched him so I get to call him my brother, friend and son if I and he wants to! And after what Sludge did to him a few years back, I’m the only mother he has left!”

Twilight walked over to her poor baby dragon and gently wrapped a hoof around him to pulled him close to her chest and comfort him as Spike started to cry in her chest. Twilight used her other hoof to gently stroke his back.

“Why isn’t anycreature taking me seriously?! We should just give him to Cozy Glow since she’s still an evil child pony!” Pinkie said angrily.

“Lightning isn’t an evil child pony!” Said Sunset angrily, “And are you crazy?! We can’t give him to Cozy Glow, that’s who she wants!”

“Applejack, you’re the element of honesty! Why can’t you see that colt is lying to us so The Storm King can easily defeat us?!”

“Because I KNOW he isn’t lying!” Applejack replied crossly, “Even I didn’t know The Storm King’s blood runs through Lightning’s veins throughout the years when he had no idea who he was related to him!”

Pinkie looked at Rainbow who was staring crossly at her with her hooves crossed while floating in mid air. “Rainbow Dash! You’re my friend and the element of loyalty! Back me up on this and sort that colt out!”

Rainbow looked at Pinkie crossly before her eyes to the left and she started to think. If she agreed with Pinkie, she would go back to how she was when she first met Lightning where she scared him with storm clouds and calling him a crybaby. But if she disagrees with her, she’s doing the right thing and sticking to her poor nephew’s side.

Finally, she thought of her choice and the answered.

“No, Pinkie.” The Rainbow maned pony landed on the floor softly before continuing, “I refuse to believe that Lightning Twister was against us the whole time. That would be another mistake I’ve made in front of him. And I already made a mistake to him by scaring him with a storm cloud and calling him a crybaby, and upon this day, I swore to myself that I would never make a mistake like that to Lightning ever again. I love that kid like he WAS my nephew, and I’m glad to be his aunt like the rest of us are. And I think you’ve got a choice to make, Pinkie Pie. Either you’re the element of laughter, or the element of sadness. Because not only have you upset the kid, but you also upset poor Spike!”

She then pointed a hoof at where Twilight was comforting her poor baby dragon as Pinkie looked by Rainbow and saw Spike was still sobbing in the purple alicorn’s chest while Twilight gently stroked his back.

“Shh...it’s okay, Spike,” whispered Twilight in a soft tone, “I’ve got you. I’m not still upset or angry for what you did when Sludge was pretending to be your dad. He fooled you, just like we were fooled. But you’re still apart of our family, and will always be my brother, son, friend and number one assistant no matter what. Remember I told you how proud I was when you helped us found Lightning after he was foalnapped at the Gala by Cold Wind? I still am, and I always will be.”

Twilight carefully kissed Spike on the forehead which made him calm a little before a smile slowly formed on his face.

While watching Twilight comforting Spike, Flurry Heart looked up to Oliver as he looked at her back.

“Olive still loves Lightning?” Flurry Heart asked worried.

Oliver smiled at her little sister before gently picking her up with his hoof and held her. “Don’t worry, Flurry Heart. I still love him. I wouldn’t go against him since I didn’t know his grandfather was The Storm King from the very beginning. He’s family, just like us.”

After hearing Oliver say that and looking at Twilight comforting Spike again, Pinkie Pie felt her heart into two pieces. Not because no creature was by her side about Lightning being related to The Storm King and lied to them as well as betrayed them, but because of what she did. The pink pony not only thought the young colt was betraying them and saying he needs to be punish and locked away, but also upset the poor baby dragon who was treated by dragon who wanted to live in a castle like he did.

And through her eyes, she can see what kind of monster she was becoming after her actions.

“What have I done?!”

PreviousChapters Next