• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,018 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,018

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Bridle Gossip (Last Edited 6/30/2022)

July 7, 2020 AD

Ponyville School

Having been in Ponyville a little over a month, Jack had finally found himself settling down. He still held some hope that he may return home one day, but deep down, he was beginning to doubt that Celestia would figure out how to send him back. He hadn't had a nightmare since his talk with Pinkie, and he hadn't felt this good about himself since before Chase died.

He waved goodbye to Fluttershy as he walked into class. "See you when I get home, mother!”

"Good morning, Bloom," he said as he sat down next to her.

"Good mornin', Jack," Apple Bloom responded. "How are ya doin' today?"

“I’m doing great!” he beamed.

"Ah'm glad to hear that," the Apple Bloom giggled. "Ya seem… different lately. In a good way, though."

"I guess I'm finally adjusting to life here in Ponyville," Jack said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Ah'm happy fer ya," Apple Bloom said with a bright smile.

"Stop flirting with your pet ape, farm trash," Diamond Tiara sneered. "Your family might be into that, but the rest of us think it's gross!"

"Yeah, you're like making us gag!" Silver Spoon agreed.

"Bump bump, sugar lump, rump!" they chanted, doing their secret hoofshake.

Jack rolled his eyes and flipped them off. Though the gesture didn't mean much to his hoofed classmates.

Cheerilee walked into the class with a small pinto colt. "Good morning class, this is Pipsqueak. His family recently moved here from Trotingham."

The first 30 minutes of class were spent on the usual introductions. When they were done, Pipsqueak sat down, and Cheerilee opened up her copy of Ponyville Fables and Stables.

15 minutes later

Once Cheerilee finished with her reading, she began to question the class about the chapter. "So, what do you believe the moral of the story is?"

Nopony answered.

"Anypony?" asked Cheerilee. "What about you, Jack?"

"Treat others in a way that you'd like them to treat you," he answered.

Jack was on a college level, of course. Questions like these were child's play. That's why, outside of history classes, he wouldn't answer questions unless called on. It simply wouldn't be fair to the other students.

"Excellent!" said Cheerilee. "When we return on Monday, we will read the last chapter. See you all next week!”

Outside of Sugarcube Corner

5 Minutes Later

"Where is everypony?" asked Apple Bloom

Jack scanned the empty streets. “I’m not sure. Weird, these streets are usually bustling this time of day.” As he continued to scan the streets, he caught sight of a cloaked figure digging in the dirt. “Who’s that?”

“Who are you…” Apple Bloom started as her eyes locked on the cloaked figure. “We need tuh go.”

“Why?” asked Jack.

“Apple Bloom! Jack! Hurry inside!” Pinkie Pie shout-whispered from the doorway of Sugarcube Corner.

“Again, Why?” Jack asked as he and Apple Bloom were ushered inside by Pinkie.

When they got inside, Pinkie locked the door and cautiously peeked out the window.

Apart from Twilight, the rest of the Mane Six were in the shop with Pinkie. Applejack grabbed Apple Bloom and held her tight.

“What’s going on, and why is it so dark in here?” Jack asked impatiently.

"Zecora's come tuh town," said Applejack.

“Who?” asked Jack.

"The mare outside in that ghastly cloak," Rarity explained.

“And why does her coming to town mean we have to hide like escaped convicts?” Jack enquired.

"Let me explain," said Pinkie, breaking into song. "She's an evil enchantress. She does evil dances. And if you look deep into her eyes. She'll put you in trances. Then what will she do? She'll mix up an evil brew. Then she'll gobble you up in a big tasty stew. Soooo... Watch out!”

"Uh-huh..." Jack said, raising a raised brow. “That’s a lot of accusations. Got any evidence?”

“Well…” Pinkie started, glancing out the window again. “Oh my gosh, TWILIGHT!” she exclaimed, rushing to the door. Slowly creaking the door open, she attempted to get her friend's attention. “Psst! Twilight! Spike! Come here! Come! Here! Hurry! Before she gets you!”

Twilight wasn't sure what Pinkie wanted, but sensing the urgency in her friend's voice, she leaped into the building with Spike on her back. Once they were inside, Pinkie switched on a flashlight, causing Twilight to groan and cover her eyes.

“Who?! The zombie pony?” Spike asked nervously, glancing around the dark room.

“Z-Zombie pony?!” Pinkie shuddered as she shined the light on her face.

“Spike! There are no zombie ponies," Twilight said as the dragon clung to her. “Pinkie, Jack, what are you two doing here alone in the dark?” she asked as Spike climbed off her back.

"That's what I want to know," Jack snorted.

"But I already explained it to you, Jackey," Pinkie said in playful indignation.

"No, you really didn't," Jack emotionlessly retorted.

Ignoring Jack, Pinkie opened the blinds. “We’re not alone, Twilight.”

Noticing her other friends, Twilight gasped. "Ok, then, what are you all doing here in the dark?”

“We're hidin' from her!” Applejack said, pointing out the window.

Jack and the ponies looked out the window to see Zecora digging in the dirt before glancing in their direction. Most of the ponies gasped at the sight of the cloaked mare's eyes staring at them, but Jack and Twilight were less than intimidated.

“Did ya see her Twilight? Did ya see... Zecora?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Apple Bloom! Ah told ya never to say that name," Applejack scolded.

“Well, I saw her glance this way...” Twilight started.

“Glance evilly this way," Pinkie corrected.

How could Pinks tell the glance was evil?” wondered Jack. “Zecora was all the way on the other side of the street.”

“And then a bunch of you flip out for no good reason," Twilight finished.

“No good reason?” Applejack asked as she protectively wrapped a hoof around Apple Bloom. “Ya call protectin' yer kin no good reason? It’s a good thing Jack brought Apple Bloom here. She was shakin' in her li'l horseshoes from fear.”

“Was not!” Apple Bloom said. “Ah’m not a baby, Applejack. Ah can take care of mahself.”

“Not from that creepy Zecora," Applejack retorted.

“She's mysterious," said Fluttershy.

So?” wondered Jack.

“Sinister," added Rainbow Dash.

In what way?” Jack scratched his head.

“And spoooooky!” exclaimed Pinkie.

Twilight looked out the window again, and the others rushed to look with her. They watched as Zecora pulled down her hood.

The other ponies gasped at Zecora's striped visage, but Twilight was less than impressed. “Will you cut that out?”

"Yeah, she just took her hood off. What's the big deal?" Jack asked.

“Just look at those stripes!" said Rarity. "So garish!”

Wait a minute…” thought Jack as he put two and two together.

“She's a zebra," Twilight explained.

Oh, God!" Jack cringed at the realization.

“A what!?” Spike and the other ponies asked.

Fucking Karens!” Jack facepalmed.

“A zebra, and her stripes aren't a fashion choice Rarity, they're what she was born with," Twilight explained, causing Rarity to faint dramatically.

“Seriously?” Jack asked as his eyes narrowed. “You guys are scared because she looks different?”

“Why wouldn’ we be?” asked Applejack. “Ah've never seen a pony like that in these parts, 'cept... her!” Applejack shivered.

“Well, she's probably not from here, and she's not a pony. My books say that zebras come from a faraway land. But I've never seen her in Ponyville," Twilight explained as Spike snuck into the kitchen. “Where does she live?”

“That's just it, she lives in... the Everfree Forest!” said Applejack.

A thunderous crash from the kitchen caused the ponies to jump out of their skins.

“Spike!” yelled Twilight.

"Sorry!"

“The Everfree Forest just ain't natural," said Applejack. “The plants grow...”

“Animals care for themselves...” added Fluttershy.

“And the clouds move...” added Rainbow Dash.

“All on their own!" they all exclaimed at once, causing Rarity to faint again.

“So what?” Jack asked. “That’s exactly how things work where I’m from.”

"Yeah, but you're different, Jacky. That wicked enchantress Zecora lives there doing her evil... stuff!” said Pinkie. “Do you need to hear the song again?”

So, I’m one of the good ones then," Jack rolled his eyes.

"Here we go," sighed Rainbow Dash as Pinkie began her song again.

As Pinkie sang her song Twilight looked on in confusion, Jack watched in with a contemptuous scowl, and Applejack shivered as Apple Bloom brushed her hoof off her back.

“Wow. Catchy," Twilight sarcastically commented as Pinkie finished her song, panting from her exertions.

“It's a work in progress," Pinkie said.

“This is all just a lot of gossip and rumors," said Twilight. “Now tell me; what exactly have you actually seen Zecora do?”

“Finally, a voice of reason!” Jack exclaimed with a relieved grin.

“Well...” Rainbow Dash said. “Once a month, she comes into Ponyville.”

Oooooh," Twilight said sarcastically.

“She moves freely like a normal person. The horror!” Jack added as he rolled his eyes again.

“Then, she lurks by the stores," Rarity said.

“Oh my,” Twilight mocked.

"Loitering!" Jack exclaimed, clasping his hands over his cheeks like the Scream. "Someone call the FBI!"

“And then, she digs at the ground," said Fluttershy, scraping the floor for emphasis.

“Good gracious!” Twilight exclaimed sarcastically. “Ok, I'm sorry. But how is any of this bad? Maybe she comes to town to visit?”

“Yeah! Maybe she's just tryin' tuh be neighborly," said Apple Bloom.

“And maybe she's not lurking by the stores, maybe she's going to them, lurk free, to do some shopping?” said Twilight.

"But she's unable to shop because everyone runs away when she shows up," Jack added.

“Yeah! Everypony likes tuh shop," added Apple Bloom. “Yah know what Ah think?”

“Apple Bloom! Hush and let the big ponies talk," Applejack interrupted.

“Ah am a big pony," Apple Bloom muttered as she walked off.

“W-what about digging at the ground? You've got to admit that's weird," said Rainbow Dash.

“What if she's digging for innocent creatures?” asked Fluttershy.

"Well, maybe she's just bored," Jack said as Pinkie started singing her song in the background.

“Exactly, I am sure there is an explanation for everything Zecora does," Twilight agreed. "And if anypony here were actually brave enough to approach her, she would find out the truth."

“Well, Ah'm brave enough; Ah'm gonna find out myself," Apple Bloom whispered, sneaking outside.

While the ponies were completely unaware of Apple Bloom's absence, Jack caught a glimpse of her red tail as she snuck out the door. Following her outside, he spotted her sneaking behind a lamppost. “Hey, Bloom!” he said, approaching from behind.

"Ahh!" Apple Bloom squealed, instinctively kicking behind her.

"Oof!" Jack exclaimed as a hoof slammed into his gut. "Why me?" he asked, collapsing into the dirt road.

"Oh mah gosh," Apple Bloom gasped, realizing what she'd done. "Ah'm so sorry!" she apologized, helping him to his feet.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have sneaked up on you," Jack said, clenching his gut like a stress ball. "Why'd you run off like that?"

"Twilight said that we just weren't brave enough to find out about Zecora," Apple Bloom pouted. Her face brightening, she answered, "so, Ah wanted tuh go see fer mahself!"

"Awesome!" Jack clapped his hands together approvingly. "But we better hurry. She's leaving," he said, pointing to where Zecora was walking away.

Edge of the Everfree Forrest

14 minutes later

Jack and Apple Bloom caught up with Zecora without any difficulty. However, rather than talk with her, they chose to stay at a safe distance. She was, after all, a stranger.

"Why ain't ya scared of Zecora?" asked Apple Bloom as they entered the forest.

“Because I have no reason to be. All I’ve heard about her are the rumors spread by Pinks and the others, and I have no reason to believe those are true," Jack explained. "Why do you ask?"

"Ya seemed a little mad in there, tuh be honest," Apple Bloom said.

"My country was founded on the idea that all men are created equal," Jack said, looking to the sky with a smile. As he brought his attention back to Apple Bloom, his smile contorted into a sneer. "Not that that ever meant anything. We kept people enslaved, forced people off their land, and refused access to our country based on little more than the idea that those of us with white skin were somehow better than those with black, brown, or red skin. Even after abolishing slavery, there were still laws in place to enforce a false sense of white supremacy" Jack sighed as his sneer faded. "Over the years, the laws were abolished, and by the time my parents were born, the last overtly legal remnants of those laws disappeared. Even so, the effects of these laws never truly went away, and some thought it would be better to bring them back."

"What does that have to do with Zecora?" AppleBloom asked.

"What I'm saying is, there's no good reason to treat people differently based on appearance," Jack answered. "My white skin doesn't make me better than someone with black skin; an Earth pony's strength doesn't make them superior to other ponies; neither does a unicorn's magic or a pegasus's wings. What about Zecora makes her worthy of fear? Her Stripes? Her clothes? Either way, it's a load of crud!”

Unknown to Jack and Apple Bloom, their conversation was no longer private.

“I think your words are quite wise. There's more to me than meets the eyes."

Jack and Apple Bloom jumped at the unexpected comment and looked up to see Zecora staring at them.

"Forgive me speaking out of the blue. I did not mean to frighten you," Zecora apologized.

"It's fine," Jack panted, as his heart rate slowly returned to normal. "I just didn't think you could hear us."

Zecora opened her mouth to respond but found herself interrupted.

“Apple Bloom?”

“Jack?”

Looking behind him, Jack found the Mane Six standing in a bed of blue flowers.

“You get back here right now!” shouted Applejack.

“Beware! Beware, you pony folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke!” warned Zecora as she backed into the fog.

“Y-you keep yer creepy mumbo-jumbo tuh yerself, ya hear?” Applejack said, grabbing Apple Bloom.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity began yelling at Zecora as Twilight sighed, and Fluttershy rushed to Jack.

She didn’t hurt you, did she?” asked Fluttershy as she pulled him into a tight embrace.

"I'm fine, mother," Jack responded through gritted teeth. "I thought we had an agreement!" he hissed.

"I know," Fluttershy whispered. "But, um, with Apple Bloom here, I need to act like a mother."

“Beware! Beware!” shouted Zecora as she faded into the mist.

“Yeah, back at ya, Zecora! You and your lame curse are the ones who better beware!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“And you!” Applejack said to Apple Bloom. “Why couldn't ya just listen tuh yer big sister?”

“Ah…Ah…” Apple Bloom pouted.

“Who knows what kind of nasty curse Zecora could have just put on ya?” Applejack lectured.

“Just like in my song!” Pinkie said before starting to sing again.

“You guys, there's no such thing as curses!” said Twilight.

“Well, that's interesting to hear coming from Miss Magic Pants herself," Rainbow Dash said, poking Twilight's horn.

“My magic, real magic, comes from within. It's a skill you're born with. Curses are artificial, fake magic. It's conjured with potions and incantations; all smoke and mirrors meant to scare. But curses have no real power; they're just an old pony tale," Twilight explained as Rainbow Dash ran her mouth mockingly.

“Just you wait, Twilight. Yer gonna learn that some pony tales really are true," said Applejack as she walked away.

Fluttershy’s Cottage

7 hours later

“I just don’t understand why you think it’s ok to treat Zecora like some kind of witch without any evidence," Jack glowered at Fluttershy.

"She's just not like us, Jack," Fluttershy answered as if it were obvious.

“Ah’m less like you than she is!" Jack pointed out, shaking his head in frustration.

"Well, I…" Fluttershy started.

"I'm going to bed, Fluttershy," Jack said through gritted teeth. "You really shouldn't make judgments about Zecora without getting to know her first!”

Still fuming, he stormed his way upstairs and slamming the door to his room behind him. As Jack undressed, he pulled a blue flower out of his pocket. "At least I managed to get this cool-looking flower out of this trip."

July 8, 2020

Jack’s Room

Jack was awakened by a loud masculine scream from across the hall. Realizing it was coming from Fluttershy's room, he grabbed his gun and, without even putting on his pants, ran to confront what he believed to be an intruder. When he arrived, he found Fluttershy crying in a corner as Angel rolled on the floor and laughing like a hyena.

“What’s wrong, Flutters?” Jack asked.

Rather than respond, Fluttershy chose to bury her face in her arms.

“Come on, what happened and who was shouting?”

Fluttershy responded in a deep voice that would have made Big Macintosh sound feminine in comparison, "I-I think Zecora put a curse on me."

"Are you sure about that?" Jack asked, holding back a laugh.

Fluttershy nodded.

"I still think that's a ridiculous assumption to make," Jack snickered as Angel began tapping his leg. "What do you want?" Jack asked the bunny.

Angel burst into a laughing fit, pointing toward Jack's groin.

"What are you..." Jack asked as he grabbed the area the bunny was pointing to and realized something was missing (something vital.) "WHAT THE FUCK!" she screamed.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"WE NEED TO GO TO TWILIGHT'S RIGHT NOW!"

Golden Oak Library

Jack and Fluttershy arrived at the library to find that Fluttershy wasn't the only pony having problems. Twilight's horn had become soft and floppy, Rainbow Dash could no longer fly without crashing, Rarity's hair had grown out of control, and Pinkie Pie's tongue had swollen up to the point she couldn't talk.

“It's a curse, I tells ya!” squeakily asserted Applejack, who had shrunk to the size of an action figure.

“But Fluttershy and Jack..." Twilight paused, "seem just fine!”

“Yes, there doesn't seem to be a thing wrong with them," said Rarity.

“Fluttershy? Are you ok?” asked Twilight as the shy pegasus looked away. “Is there something wrong with you?" she asked, prompting a nod from Fluttershy. “Would you care to tell us?" Twilight asked, causing Fluttershy to shake her head. “So... you're not going to tell us?” the unicorn asked, invoking a nod from the pegasus. “Yes, you're not, or yes, you will?” Twilight asked only for Fluttershy to shake her head again.

"For the love of God, just tell them!" said Jack. "Maybe if I get her to confess, they won't think to ask me. I mean, with this seven-year-old body, you can't really tell the difference just by looking."

“What’s wrong with ya?” asked Applejack.

"I don't want to talk about it," Fluttershy said in her masculine voice.

"It's just terrible, isn't it?" Jack holding a palm to his forehead. "Let's focus on finding a cure."

"What are you hidin', Jack?" asked Applejack, with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked, putting on his strongest poker face. "Shit, I forgot she had that whole Toph lie detector power.

"Yer hidin' somethin', what is it?" Applejack pressed.

"I..." Jack started. "There's no way out of this, is there?"

"Well?" asked Applejack.

"My err, parts have changed," Jack admitted as he pointed to his groin.

Spike burst out laughing. “This is hilarious! Look at all of you! We got: Jacklin, Hairity, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, Apple Teeny, Flutterguy. And...” he paused upon pointing at Twilight. “Uh... I got nothin'... Twilight Sparkle. I mean, seriously, I can't even work with that.”

Twilight laughed sarcastically. “This is no joke, Spike. Now start looking for more books so I can find a cure!”

"Yeah, we need to fix this NOW!" Jack yelled

Rainbow Dash pulled her head out of the latter she had crashed into. “I think we'll find a cure to this curse at Zecora's place!” she said before crashing again.

While most of the ponies argued, Jack noticed Apple Bloom sneaking out. "Where are you going, Bloom?" he asked, running up beside her.

"This is all mah fault. If ah hadn't followed Zecora, none of this would have happened," Apple Bloom explained once they were safely outside.

"It's not your fault. I followed her too," said Jack as they rushed to the forest. "And now I'm a trans woman. Or a trans man? Dear God, I'm having an identity crisis!"

"Trans what now?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Never mind that, let's just find Zecora!"

“Stop right there!” Applejack shouted as she popped out of her sister’s mane. “Turn around right now, both of yah!”

"She must have hidden in Bloom's mane before we left," Jack realized.

Seeing a clear advantage over her sister, Apple Bloom refused. "No!"

“No?! You can't ignore a direct order from yer big sister!” Applejack snapped.

Apple Bloom responded by knocking her sister off her head and placing her on a lamppost. “Hehehe. Sorry, Applejack, but Ah'm the big sister now.”

With Applejack out of the way, Jack and Apple Bloom continued to Zecora's as Applejack angrily called after them.

“You bring mah sister back here this instant, Jack!”

Zecora’s Hut

Zecora's home was made of baked mud and scraps of wood. Combined with the swampy location, it somewhat reminded Jack of Yoda's hut on Dagobah.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Apple Bloom asked as they walked up to the hut.

"We'll be fine, Bloom," said Jack as he knocked. "I'm not sure this was the best decision. Sure, all the accusations Pinks and them have thrown at her are probably bunk, but Zecora is still a stranger," he looked at his groin. "Still, if there's any chance she might know how to fix this, I have to take it!"

After a few seconds, Zecora opened the door. "It seems you've gone a while to roam. What brings you to my home?"

That’s an odd way to ask why we’re here," Jack thought.

"Mah sister and her friends have been cursed!" Apple Bloom explained. "They think yer the one tuh blame, and they're comin' tuh make you turn 'em back."

“They should be careful who they accuse, for what they say just is not true," said Zecora. "I duly warned you pony folk, those leaves of blue were not a joke."

“The flowers!” Jack realized, smashing a fist into his palm.

“I'm glad to see that came to mind. I'd expect no less from humankind," Zecora said, beckoning them inside.

Does everything she says have to rhyme?” wondered Jack. “Wait a minute, did she just say, human?”

“Is there a cure?” asked Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, please tell me you can fix this!" Jack urgently demanded.

"A cure is something I have found, but for the ingredients, you must look around," explained Zecora.

“Huh?” Jack asked.

"What I've said, it seems you've missed. Just bring me what's on this list," Zecora said, handing him a sheet of paper.

"Oh, thank God," Jack sighed. "I was seriously getting worried I might end up a man trapped in a woman's body for the rest of my life.

10 Minutes Later

Having collected everything on Zecora's list, Jack and Apple Bloom walked back to the hut, where they heard several loud crashes from within. Stepping inside, they found smashed bottles, scattered tribal masks, spilled liquids, and in the center of the room, the Mane Six angrily confronting Zecora.

“What happened here?” asked Jack.

“Jack, you’re ok?” asked a relieved Fluttershy.

"I'm fine, mother," Jack answered.

"Where's Apple Bloom?" asked Applejack.

"Ah'm right here," Apple Bloom said, stepping out from behind Jack.

“Thank Celestia yer ok, Apple Bloom, Ah was worried sick!”

“Why wouldn’t Ah be?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Because Zecora is an evil enchantress who cursed us and was gonna cook you up into soup!” Twilight said, jumping between them and Zecora.

Jack, Apple Bloom, and Zecora broke out in a fit of giggles.

"Don't tell me they actually got to you, Twilight," Jack sighed. "I thought you valued evidence."

"Come on, Jack, you can't just stand there and tell me this isn't a curse," Twilight said as she pointed to the other ponies.

"This isn't a curse," Apple Bloom said as she walked past with the ingredients she and Jack had gathered.

“If you will remember back, the words I spoke were quite exact," Zecora said.

"The blue flowers you guys were wallowing in are what caused our…" Jack fished for the right word, "problems."

“It's called Poison Joke," added Apple Bloom.

“That plant is much like poison oak. But its results are like a joke,” Zecora explained.

“What in the hay does that mean?” asked Applejack from atop Zecora’s head.

“It means this plant does not breed wrath. Instead, this plant just wants a laugh," the Zebra elaborated.

“Will somepony, please talk normally?” asked Applejack.

“She’s saying that the blue flowers you stepped in affected your body in the same manner of poison oak, except instead of making you itch, it played little pranks on you," Jack said.

"But you didn't step in the flowers," Twilight pointed out. "How did you get affected?"

"I saw the flowers and thought they looked pretty so..." Jack blushed.

"Are you telling me you picked up a strange plant and brought it home with you?" Twilight asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I did," Jack quietly admitted.

Zecora explained how she attempted to brew a cure for them and handed Twilight a book with the recipe. Realizing her mistake, Twilight asked Zecora to whip up another batch.

“Mix it up. I certainly will. Yet I am missing an herb from Ponyville,” Zecora agreed.

“But whenever Zecora comes to town, all the shops are mysteriously closed," Apple Bloom added.

Hearing this, the Mane Six agreed to bring Zecora to town. Although the citizens were timid around her initially, they began to warm up to Zecora after Twilight explained what had happened. Within a few hours, the remedy was ready, and the Mane Six and Jack were soaking in it at the spa.

Feeling his groin, the human let out a sigh of relief. As he got out of the tub, he noticed Zecora standing by the door. Slipping on his clothes, he walked over to her. "So, what do you know about humans?"

“Tales of your kind exist in all nations. Most have been passed for generations,” said Zecora, giving Jack a serious look. “It's best you leave this location. If he finds you, there'll be devastation.”

“What do you mean?” Jack asked Zecora as she opened the door.

"Based on the events of the past, you'll find your answer rather fast," she answered cryptically.

Author's Note:

Surprisingly writing for Zecora wasn't as hard as I initially expected.
Next time: A dark force discusses some unusual Magic signatures coming from Ponyville, which they believe may be the results of an experiment they had initially thought to have failed.

PreviousChapters Next