• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,018 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,018

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Elements of Chaos (Last Edited: 7/1/2022)

July 8, 2020

Uncharted Land to the East

Far to the east of Equestria, beyond even Griffonstone, was a desolate land where few ponies ever ventured. Wild beasts, harsh mountainous terrain, and rumors of a curse kept all but the truly desperate from even considering stepping foot in the area. Apart from a narrow trade route between Stalliongrad and Neighpon, notorious for bandit attacks, even Celestia knew little of the land. A perfect place for those not wishing to be found.

Somewhere in this land lay a fortress which, to the untrained eye, appeared to be part of the rugged terrain. Apart from its cave-like entrance, the bulk of the stronghold was underground carved into the granite mountainside.

Deep within the fortress, two ponies walked down a dimly lit hall. The first pony was a small pink filly with a purple mane and a cutie mark depicting a bright red heart engulfed in flames. At first glance, one might mistake her for a pegasus; however, she had the wings of a bat and a long whip-like tail tipped with a spike. Her companion was a thin white unicorn stallion with a black tail and no mane. His cutie mark was a pony's skull. His eyes were pure white and seemingly lifeless; in fact, his entire body gave off the appearance of a walking corpse.

“It’s unusual per Blutknochen to call everypony at once," the unicorn said in a dry Italian accent. “Oni-Hime, perhaps you could shed some luce on your padre’s plan?”

“Otō-san doesn’t tell me any more than he tells you, Morte-san," the filly replied in a Japanese accent.

"His last plan was of no value whatsoever," Morte said with disdain.

"Chūi shite, that sounds like treason," Oni-Hime glared. “We wouldn’t be summoned like this if there wasn’t a big plan.”

The two entered a large chamber with a large circular table in the center. The table was surrounded by six chairs, each with a different word written in different languages. The nearest chair going left was written, Yokubō, Avidità, Fluch, Wrath, Bedrag, and Trahison. Oni-Hime sat down at the chair labeled Yokubō, and Morte sat at the chair labeled Avidità.

"The others are late," noted Morte.

“I'm sure they will be here soon," said Oni-Hime.

The door slammed open, and an angry, red pegasus stallion barged in. The stallion had a black mane, a braided tail, and a flaming pentagram cutie mark. Yanking the wrath chair out from the table, a geyser of embers shot from his mane.

"Anata no mondai wa nandesuka, Damned-baka!!!!??" Oni-Hime shouted indignantly as an ember singed her mane.

“I was about to turn this sickeningly peaceful town to rubble…” Damned hissed, ignoring his comrade's anger. “AND THEN BUCKING BLUTKNOCHEN DECIDES TO CALL ME HERE!" he shouted, blasting his rump in the seat. "Where is Blutknochen anyway?”

"Nowhere to be found," said Morte. "Whatever he has planned had better be profitable."

"That's just TYPICAL now, isn't it!?" Damned yelled as he kicked the underside of the table with a loud bang.

"I get that your element is wrath, but your violent outbursts are annoying," Oni-Hime complained. "You could have seriously damaged my mane."

“You rarely live up to your element at all!” growled Damned. “Don’t bitch at me about mine!”

"It's not my fault none of you are attractive enough for me," Oni-Hime replied smugly.

“I see you're all getting along," said a skinny green earth pony stallion, with a blond mane, goatee, a cutie mark of a pair of crossed hooves, and a Norwegian accent. "Hvor fantastisk."

“Oh buck off, Løgner!” Damned spat.

"You don't need to be so hostile," Løgner said as he sat in the Bedrag seat. “I assume Blutknochen knows about your little excursion, ja?”

“How did you find out about that?” asked Damned.

"You just told me," Løgner answered.

"Bucking prick," Damned muttered under his breath.

“Est Damned whining like un enfant again?” asked a green pegasus mare with a red mane, bacteria cutie mark, and French accent.

"Oh great, first I have to deal with Løgner, now this bitch,” Damned groaned.

"I cannot imagine why you are so hostile toward moi," the pegasus said in mock indignation as she sat in the chair labeled Trahison.

“YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, MALADE!” roared Damned.

“I don’t see why it still bothers you so much. You got out of prison, non?” Malade retorted

“I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN CAUGHT IF YOU HADN’T ABANDONED ME!” Dammned shouted as his body ignited.

An icy chill took over the room, halting any further arguments. Even Dammned, whose powers made all but immune to cold, felt as if his blood were about to freeze solid.

"Always arguing over nothing," said a deep voice in a German accent.

A large black alicorn stallion with a cutie mark depicting a ruby red rosary materialized out of the darkness. “I am sure you all are wondering why I've summoned you.”

“Sì.”

“Hai, Otōsan!”

“NO SHIT!”

“Ja.”

“Oui.”

“Gut! We previously thought mein last experiment was ein failure. While we managed to drag ein großes chunk of land through the portal, the only human we found was comatose from direct exposure to the void between our worlds," Blutknochen explained. "However, recently, I have been sensing ein interesting magic signature. Eine unique to Discord und humans. Seeing as Discord is still trapped in stone, this only leaves us with eine possibility."

“You mean there is un secondo human?” asked Morte.

"Exactly," Blutknochen said as he sat in the Fluch chair.

“This signature, where est it?” asked Malade.

"In Equestria," Blutknochen answered. "From was I can tell, somewhere in the Everfree Region."

“You don’t think it may have fallen into Celestia's hooves?" asked Løgner.

"I'm afraid das may be exactly was has happened," Blutknochen sighed.

“If Celestia has control over l'humain, then it is a threat. We should neutralize it before she has a chance to harness its power against us," Malade suggested.

“After all that work vi put into bringing it here?” asked Løgner.

"Indeed, acquiring the spell books off the black market was quite expensive. Are you suggesting we let it all go to waste?" asked Morte.

"As much as I HATE Malade. I have to agree. We should get rid of it," said Damned. With a demented grin, he added, "let me do it! My Hellfire won't even leave his bones behind!"

"I think you are all forgetting your place," said Oni-Hime. "What do you think we should do, Otō-san?”

“The human ist ein essential component to meine plans," said Blutknochen. “If we play our cards right, we can still use it.” He teleported a map of Equestria onto the table. “The only settlement in the region i have sensed the signatures, ist here," he said, pointing at the map "Ponyville.”

"Can I blow it up?" Damned asked eagerly.

“Dummkopf," Blutknochen muttered. "Nein, we need the human intact. I have something more subtle in mind," he said as he turned to his daughter. "Oni-Hime, I'd like you to infiltrate Ponyville, find the human, und report back to me."

"Hai!" the filly responded. "I will leave immediately."

"Excellent," said Blutknochen, as he turned to the corpse-like unicorn to his right. "I have ein task for you as well, Morte. There are many graves for you to plunder in the human settlements we summoned."

"Sì signore," Morte said as he got out of his seat.

“What about us?” asked Damned. “You can’t tell us to do nothing while the slut and the thief get all the fun!”

“Your time will come, Damned. I promise there will be plenty for you to destroy in the coming months.”

“Fine!” Damned spat. “I’ll wait.”

“Wunderbar! Meeting adjourned,” said Blutknochen.

Once the other ponies left, Blutknochen pulled out a crown with a gem in the center shaped like his cutie mark, "You've stopped me time und time again, Celestia. This time Harmony will fall und Chaos will reign. Then I can finally achieve mein goal."

Author's Note:

Ok, so this is my first time writing for villains, so I'd like some honest feedback here. Did I do well? Did I do poorly? If I didn't do well, what could I change to make it good? If I did, what could I do to make it better? As for the accents, honestly, at first, I tried to write the accents in, but they ended up sounding racist as fuck to me (The European accents, too, not just the Japanese.) I guess the Apple family accent seems fine to me because I have a similar accent myself. Instead, I chose to have the characters use a mixture of English and words from their native language similar to their English counterparts.
Next Time: Ponyville faces an infestation during preparations for Princess Celestia's arrival while Jack suffers from the effects of being off his meds for several days.
Edit: I've edited a large number of foreign words back to their English counterparts for readability purposes. I intend to do so for all my chapters involving the Elements of Chaos but it will be a slow process.

PreviousChapters Next