• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,018 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,018

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52: The Battle of Canterlot Part 2 (Last Edited: 7/16/2022)

November 3, 2020

Everfree Forest

The day before the Gala, Oni-Hime contacted Blutknochen for a mission briefing.

“Something troubles you, ja?” Blutknochen asked.

“You’ve done everything for me, Oto-san,” Oni-Hime sighed. “I know that you’re trying to set the world back to its natural state, but….” she closed her eyes taking a deep breath. “It feels like what you’re asking me to do might hurt Jack-sama and… I don’t want that.”

His cold gaze not faltering for a second, Blutknochen let out a chuckle. “There ist something you don’t yet know about humans. The Herr Jager you know ist but ein shell of his true self. You know the outer personality, but within there are zwei inner personalities fighting amongst themselves. There ist das which fights to suppress his inner chaos, und das which seeks to unleash it. The latter being his true self. You’d like to meet the real Herr Jager, ja?”

November 4, 2020

Canterlot Castle: South Tower

The Crusaders watched in horror as Jack howled in agony, tears streaming from his glowing jade eyes.

“Hai, Jack-sama!” Oni-Hime cheered. “Be free! Be the real you! Join us and bring chaos to all!”

A series of earsplitting cracks echoed throughout the room as the tower’s wooden support beams were reduced to mulch. “We have nothing to talk about, Little Demon,” Jade Jack giggled. “I do thank you for releasing me, but I work alone. I’m a being of my word you see, and in exchange for my release I agreed to stop you.”

“Nani?” Oni-Hime squeaked as she was blasted with jade energy.

No sooner had she hit the wall, Jack body slammed her straight through the cobblestone blocks.

The Crusaders felt glued to the floor watching. If it weren’t for chunks of stone, plaster, and wood raining down from above them they wouldn’t have considered moving.

“We have to get out of here!” Sweetie Belle shouted as a chunk of wall crashed into the only door.

“How?!” Apple Bloom asked. “That was the exit!”

“We’re gonna die!” Scootaloo screamed before she saw the ground sink from beneath her hooves. Not knowing what was happening she screamed.

“Scootaloo you’re flyin’! Apple Bloom shouted.

“Well it’s more like your dangling,” Sweetie Belle said.

Indeed Scootaloo was dangling. A metal lasso-like rope held her up and at the end of that rope, Sweetie Drops stood on a ledge where parts of the wall had crumbled away.

“The tower is about to collapse!” she shouted. “Grab your friend and I’ll pull you out!”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle did as they were told, and Sweetie Drops hoisted them up.

“Who are you?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“That’s not important right now,” Sweetie Drops said. “We need to get as far away from this tower as possible!”

The Crusaders nodded and Sweetie Drops led them away from the castle.

Canterlot Castle: North Tower

The Mane Six had a good view of the south tower from a window across from their magic prison.

“Is it just me or does that tower look a little tippy?” Pinkie asked.

“It’s not just you, Pinkie,” Twilight answered. “Something’s destabilized it.”

“You don’ s’pose this has somethin’ tuh do with the attack?” Applejack asked.

“I hope not,” Fluttershy said. “That’s where the Princess sent Jack.”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash said. “If somepony’s attacking Jack, he’ll take care of them in thirty seconds flat!”

SWEET CELESTIA!!!!” Rarity screamed as the tower crumbled into dust.

November 5, 2020

Canterlot Castle: Throne Room

“You can’t stop us, Auntie!” Blue Blood shouted as he blasted another hole in the wall attempting to hit Celestia.

WHO IS THIS US?!!!” Celestia bellowed unleashing a miniaturized solar flare from her horn.

“None of your concern!” Blue Blood answered, dispersing the flames harmlessly around a bubble shield he’d created.

WHAT DO YOU THINK BLUTKNOCHEN WILL DO WHEN YOU’VE OUTLIVED YOUR USE?!!!!” Celestia asked, intercepting a beam her nephew had launched.

“An alliance with Equestria,” Blue Blood spat as he attempted to force his beam past Celestia’s. “How could you even suggest such a thing is only of temporary use?!!”

“There are things in this world more powerful than anything our nation has to offer,” Celestia said calmly, as she continued holding Blue Blood’s beam at bay.

“Shut your traitorous mouth!” Blue Blood screamed.

Canterlot Slums

Three Arrows watched as the door separating him from Flash Sentry slowly gave way, having held for an hour and a half of abuse. He’d seen the South Tower collapse fifteen minutes prior.

“I wish I could have done more,” he sighed, noting the time on his pocket watch. “12:21 AM.”

He carefully examined his handiwork. Using some wire, flares, and almost a ton of gunpowder barrels he’d jerry-rigged a boobytrap. The moment Flash Sentry broke through the door he’d trip a wire igniting the flares and blowing the whole building to kingdom come and Flash Sentry with it.

It was risky. There was always a chance the shockwave would knock Sentry out of the blast zone and if that happened Three Arrows wouldn’t be around to fight. He wished he could have set the tripwire up further in, but Flash Sentry would see it if he did that. He’d just have to hope it works.

As the door came closer and closer to breaking and the crates holding it shut shook and rattled, Three Arrows felt a strange calm wash over him as he contemplated his career. His grueling weeks of basic, the pride after completing the training, the griffin raids which saw him rise from private to sergeant, the suppression of the Baltimare Peasant Uprising where he lost faith in the EUP, the war where he earned a commissioned rank and his nickname, the decades of peace where he reached the rank of captain, and finally now his last act as a soldier.

“A soldier’s job is to put the safety of country and citizen ahead of oneself,” he whispered. “We minimize civilian loss at our own expense.”

The door snapped in two as the crates were slowly pushed aside.

“I AM NOT AN ENFORCER FOR THE ELITE!” he shouted as Flash Sentry stepped inside. “I AM A SOL…”

The warehouse disappeared in a ball of flame. Debris was launched several blocks away and every piece of glass in a ten-block radius shattered. Half a block from where the building once stood lie the battered and bruised but still very much living body of Flash Sentry.

Canterlot Castle: Remains of North Tower

Oni-Hime was caught by surprise by Jack’s aggression. As she found herself wrapped in a mammoth vine growing up toward the sky she could only ask, “Nani? Oto-san said this was the real you. That you would help us plunge the world into chaos.” Sobbing she whispered, “I thought maybe we could be together.”

“Your daddy was right about that first thing,” Jack chuckled. “I am Jack’s true nature. The Darkness in the hearts of all of humanity. But, he must be a moron if he thinks I need anyone’s help spreading chaos, and you and I… There was no chance of that! I have no interest in love or lust. Should’ve tried your luck with the other me!”

“Watashi wa shippai shimashita,” Oni-Hime sobbed quietly.

“What’s that?” Jack sneered. “I didn’t hear you, but I think I can read the rubble. No need to lament your failure, when I’m done with you, I think I’ll give your precious father a visit. We’ll talk all about your failure before I turn him into fertilizer.”

“Yamero!” Oni-Hime shrieked slashing the vines with her spikes. “You’re not my, Jack-sama and you’re no match for Oto-san! I’ll make you pay for insulting both of them!”

“Will you now?” Jack chuckled. “Well then let’s see what you’ve got!”

“Bakudan ga daisuki!” Oni-Hime shouted.

Jack found himself engulfed in a hot pink heart-shaped aura. “Is this supposed to stop me?” he asked.

The heart exploded leaving a smoking crater. “Ara ara, not so tough now are we?!” Oni-Hime jeered.

Oni-Hime’s heart sank at the maniacal laughs coming from the blast zone. As the smoke cleared, she found Jack had but a few scratches on him.

“You tried,” Jack sneered. “You really did… but it wasn’t enough.” Jack lunged at Oni-Hime sinking his Jade glowing fist into her face. “But…” he knocked her into the sky with an uppercut, “it wasn’t…” a vine shot out of the ground and dragged her back, “ENOUGH!” Jack shouted flinging her into the castle wall.

Oni-Hime felt like she’d been hit by a freight train. She he’d a broken wing, nose, and shoulder, both her eyes were black as licorice, and she was coughing up blood. Her heart pounded as Jack approached her. For the first time since she’d earned her element, she felt truly helpless.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Jack chuckled. “I won’t kill you. I need you to send your dear father a message. “You Elements of Chaos don’t know the meaning of chaos! You, Celestia, it doesn’t make any difference to me. ALL I WANT IS DESTRUCTION!” he roared. “All that is made by sapience must crumble and give way to nature! The absence of institutions, of morals, of civilization itself! That is TRUE chaos!”

Oni-Hime could only watch as Jack was engulfed in a tower of jade energy. Vines covered his body and spread out as he rose into the sky.

Canterlot Slums

Flash Sentry struggled to is hooves gasping desperately for breath. Once he was up his jaw dropped at the inferno consuming the warehouse. “Crazy bastard blew himself up!” he broke out into a fit of psychotic laughter. “I guess that does it for the Iron Front!”

Sparks erupted from the fire as the structure collapsed, revealing a purple dome of magic.

“What the?!!!” Flash Sentry exclaimed.

The dome vanished and he heard a crack behind him. Flash Sentry’s eyes were shot with surprise at who he saw.

“I never took you for thy type, Flash,” said Shining Armor. “You always seemed so loyal.”

“H-how are you here?” Flash Sentry sputtered. “Hoity was supposed to….”

“I figured Hoity was up to no good when he asked me to take Cadance out for the week of the Gala,” Shining Armor interrupted. “But it wasn’t until I got a letter from Spike that I realized what that was.”

“Never thought I’d see the day you saved my flank,” Three Arrows grimaced. His fur was mostly gone, and he had several 2nd-degree burns.

“No, thank you?” Shining Armor asked.

“That’s the best you’re getting from me,” Three Arrows coughed.

“How could you do this?” Shining Armor asked, glaring daggers at Flash Sentry.

“How could you not?” Flash Sentry asked indignantly. “Weren’t you complaining just a few months ago about how Celestia wouldn’t send a Guard unit to Ponyville to protect the Elements? How it took months for you to officially meet the bearers even though one of them was your sister? The only reason you ever did end up meeting them was because your sister was injured, and you had to take care of her. Can’t you see they don’t appreciate you? They don’t appreciate ANY of us! That’s why they are putting us at the level of peasants.”

“I….” Shining Armor hesitated

“You know I’m right!” Flash Sentry shouted.

“You know who put him up to this don’t you?” Three Arrows coughed. “The same ponies who put your sister in the hospital.”

“Quiet you pest!” Flash Sentry shouted firing a round directly at Three Arrow’s head.

The bullet deflected harmlessly off a magic barrier. Shining Armor glared as the aura around his horn dissipated. You betray the Princesses, burn Canterlot, murder my soldiers, attack defenseless civilians, and expect me to join your cause?!” he spat. “I’ll never join you!”

Shining Armor shot unleashed a blast of magic which knocked Flash Sentry back toward the still burning warehouse. Flash Sentry used his wings as airbrakes and moved to counterattack, only making it a few feet before he felt himself being slammed to the ground.

“You will answer for what you’ve done tonight,” Shining Armor's horn glowing as he held his opponent down.

“We’ll see!” Flash Sentry shouted, whipping his gun out and shooting Three Arrows straight in the chest. “You can take me in or save his life, but you can’t do both.”

Shining Armor could see the blood pooling from Three Arrows' chest. “You’re a monster!” he shouted, releasing his hold on Sentry and Rushing to Three Arrow’s side.

“No,” Flash Sentry said as he took to the sky. “I’m a soldier.” Knowing he couldn’t defeat Shining Armor, he decided it best to retreat.

Canterlot Castle: Throne Room

“Where did I go wrong with you,” Celestia lamented her beam still locked with Blue Blood’s.

“I’m a prince!” Blue Blood shouted. “I’m supposed to get whatever I want! gold, jewels, spices, delicacies, land, mares, all Equestria has to offer should be MINE!”

Blue Blood’s ears twitched at the sound of hoof steps on the cobblestone behind him. “You sound a lot like I once did.”

You?!” Blue Blood shouted extinguishing his beam and deploying a barrier as he turned to face the newcomer.

“Indeed,” Princess Luna answered.

“You have no right to be here!” Blue Blood exclaimed. “How dare you who betrayed Equestria, waltz back in here after a thousand years and retake the throne!”

“I did betray Equestria,” Luna acknowledged. “Just as you are now!”

Blue Blood snorted. “I’m not betraying anything, I’m only taking what’s rightfully mine! It’s bad enough I have to deal with that Cadenza peasant taking up a spot above me! That horn will never change the fact she’s just some lowly pegasus Auntie Celestia took in off the streets. I lived through that indignity thinking at least I’d be next. Who else could it be but me who’d be turned into an alicorn, but then you came back and I realized I’d never be given that power! Not that it matters. Now that I have this…” Blue Blood l flashed the amulet. “I have as much power as any one of you!”

“That’s right any one of us,” Luna agreed blasting a midnight blue beam from her horn. As Blue Blood intercepted it with his own beam Luna shouted, “NOW, SISTER!

Celestia grabbed the amulet with a magical aura and ripped it off Blue Blood’s neck.

As Blue Blood felt the power draining from his body he nervously watched as his aunts closed in. “Now now, Auntie Celestia, I-I was only kidding. There’s no need to do anything cra-zy.” He dropped to the floor asleep as a bear in December.

“I thought you might rather we settle this without hurting him,” Luna said, “so I’ve cast a sleeping spell.”

“Thank you, Luna,” Celestia said wrapping a hoof around her sister’s shoulder. “How did you know what was happening?”

“The time is different in Saddle Arabia,” Luna explained. “The Al-Qamar ceremony was over 12 hours ago. I knew it was night here so I decided to conduct my usual nightly duties. I thought it odd there were so few dreams coming from Canterlot and when I visited a few of them I found they were all of the same thing, Canterlot being burned, pillaged, sacked. So, I cut my trip short.

“I’m glad you did,” Celestia chuckled. “But there’s no time for rejoicing! We must restore order!”

“I noticed a massive vineyard spreading from the ruins of the South Tower,” Luna said. “I can fend off the attackers if you wish to deal with that.”

Celestia nodded.

Canterlot Castle: North Tower

The Mane Six slammed into the floor as the magic prison holding them in place dissipated.

“What happened?” Pinkie Pie asked cracking her back as she got up.

“How would any of us know?” Rarity asked.

“Sure knocked the wind out of us,” Applejack said.

“It seems the effects of the spell have worn out,” Twilight said. “I’m not sure why though.”

“WHO CARES WHY!!!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “WE NEED TO STOP THAT BLUE BLOOD GUY!”

“But what about Jack?” Fluttershy asked. “Celestia sent him to the South Tower, he might have been inside when it collapsed!”

“Uh, girls?” Pinkie asked, pointing out the window. “Does that look familiar to anypony?”

The others looked outside to see the mass of vines spreading out from….

“Oh, no,” Fluttershy gasped, seeing Jack in the middle of it all.

Canterlot Castle: South Tower Ruins

The Mane Six arrived to see Jack was 50 feet in the sky and the vines had spread about halfway from the North Tower.

“Doesn’ it seem a bit slow?” Applejack asked.

“You’re right, Applejack!” Pinkie Pie agreed. “It was way faster last time!”

The Mane Six were caught off guard by a crack and bright flash. “That’s because it’s night,” said Celestia.

“Of course!” Twilight exclaimed. “Without sunlight plants can’t photosynthesize! No sunlight no energy!”

“Umm, Twilight?” Rarity asked.

“Yes?” Twilight asked. “Oh….”

As if having sensed potential prey, hundreds of mammoth-sized Venus flytraps rose from the vines.

“I don’t think they’ll be having any problem getting energy!” Rarity screamed as one of the plants lunged in her direction.

Celestia sliced the flytrap in half and put up a barrier. “Fluttershy!” she shouted.

“Y-yes?” Fluttershy squeaked.

“You’ll need to use the stare on him again,” Celestia said.

“But what about the flytraps?” Fluttershy asked.

“I can hold off some of them, but I’ll need to use my magic sparingly,” Celestia explained. “If I overuse my magic the sunlight will only give it more energy. Your friends can pick off any stragglers. Use these.”

The Elements of Harmony floated out from Celestia’s mane and landed around their respective bearer’s necks.

Fluttershy steeled her resolve. “You can count on us, princess!”

And with that, the Mane Six took off.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I hope you've enjoyed my story! There's only one chapter left, but there will be a sequel. I don't know how good a writer you guys think I am, but I think I've improved massively in the two and a half years I've been writing this story. Editing my old chapters has been somewhat of a relaxing pastime for me so if you'd like you might want to give the story a reread sometime. You'll likely find it better than the first time you read it.

Next Time: The Mane Six must fight their way past the Flytraps to get to Jack, so Fluttershy can fight through Jack's subconscious to free him from Jade Jack's grip and wake him up. However even once awake, Jack still must deal with the feelings of loss and betrayal. Oni-Hime has barely made it out alive and must limp back to her comrades in defeat.

PreviousChapters Next