• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,018 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,018

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44: Evil Plan (Last Edited: 3/21/2023)

October 24, 2020

Badlands

Blue Blood, along with the other nationalist on the Royal Court, had been invited to meet with their mysterious benefactor. Granlogg being a mere underling, it was only natural that they meet with the true mastermind before going further in their plans. Still, that didn’t stop some from complaining about the location agreed upon.

“The absolute indignity of a prince coming to a place like this!” Blueblood whined as they followed Granlogg through the arid wasteland.

“Indeed,” Hoity Toity agreed. “This sand has ruined my silk cuffs!”

“I don’t see why this mysterious benefactor couldn’t come to us,” Filthy Rich snorted.

“You three are too soft,” Flash Sentry growled. “If you’d take a minute to think about it, you might realize that plotting a coup in the middle of Canterlot isn’t a good idea.”

“Ah agree,” said Cherry Jubilee. “This is jus’ like mah processin’ plant in Dodge Junction. Nothin’ tuh make a fuss about.”

“You can quit your bickering nå,” Granlogg said. “Vi are here.”

Here?!” Blue Blood scoffed. “There’s nothing here but sand and sweltering heat!”

“Don’t be så sure,” Granlogg said. “Look over there.”

Following Granlogg's gaze Blue Blood and his companions could see a moderate-sized hole in a nearby rockface, just large enough for a pony to pass through.

“You can’t possibly want us to go into some dirty hole!” Blue Blood gasped.

“Then stay out here,” Granlogg replied. “I’m sure the jackals vil make great company.

“Jackals?” Blue Blood asked nervously.

“Ja, it’ll be dark by the time vi leave,” Granlogg said as the others descended into the hole. “They hunt at natt. You would look quite nice to en pack og dem.

“I’ve changed my mind,” Blue Blood gulped. “This hole will more than suffice for our meeting.”

The hole opened up to a spacious cavern. Stalactites and stalagmites littered the floor and ceiling, surrounding a small stream. It was well-lit, although not naturally so, judging by the eyeless cavefish swimming in the crystal-clear water.

“Følg meg,” Granlogg grunted, taking a damp streamside path further into the cavern.

“All this moisture is going to ruin my outfit!” Hoity Toity complained, reluctantly following along with his companions.

Five minutes of walking led them to a large pool where four ponies waited for them. Flash Sentry immediately recognized three of them. “YOU!” he shouted, pointing accusingly at the pony responsible for the San Franciscolt attacks.

“Me?” Damned asked.

“Don’t play dumb!” Flash Sentry spat, “You’re the terrorist responsible for the arson attacks!”

“Oh, yeah,” Damned chuckled. “That was fun!”

“And you’re the one responsible for attacking Shining Armor’s sister!” Flash Sentry spat. In truth, he had somewhat of a crush on miss Sparkle. “Morte!”

“It was just business,” Morte rasped. “Niente di personale. She just got in the way.”

“Ich seee introductions aren’t necessary,” Blutknochen said coldly.

“You’re Blutknochen,” Flash Sentry growled. “Leader of the Elements of Chaos!” Glaring directly at Blutknochen and pulling out a knife, he asked, “give me one good not to kill you.”

“Ein reason?” Blutknochen asked. “You are hopelessly outmatched.”

Looking around, Flash Sentry could see each of the Elements had their eyes trained on him. Apart from Blutknochen, they appeared to be frail, but he knew looks could be deceiving. Their eyes revealed trained killers waiting for an excuse to strike. Furthermore, of his group, he was the only one with any combat skills. Any altercation here would be a one-sided massacre in the Element’s favor.

“Furthermore, neither of our goals conflict,” Blutknochen continued. “Working together, Ich think we can both get was we want. Ich believe das makes zwei reasons.”

“And what exactly are your goals?” Flash Sentry asked cautiously.

“All ich desire ist Herr Jager,” Blutknochen answered. “So long as ich habe ihn, ich care nicht about Equestrian affairs. Haben wir einen Deal?”

“I don’t know,” Flash Sentry answered. “Can you at least tell me what your plan is?”

“Very well,” Blutknochen agreed. “The Nacht of the Grand Galloping Gala, you will lead ein Militärputsch und capture Canterlot. Meanwhile, einer meiner subordinates will use das chaos to capture Herr Jager.

“All three alicorn princesses will be in Canterlot that night, as will the Elements of Harmony,” Flash Sentry said. “No E.U.P force will be strong enough.”

“Luna will nicht be in Canterlot das Nacht, Ich can assure you,” Blutknochen responded. “As for Cadenza, Løgner has informed me dass Captain Shining Armor owes einem of you einen favor.”

“Ja,” Granlogg nodded. “If the captain were to ask Cadenza on en date that night, both could be dealt with.”

“You said your name was Granlogg!” Blue Blood said irritably.

“Ein codename for operations within Equestria,” Blutknochen said. “Ich bin revealing his true name now as ein sign of trust.”

“Even if you’re right and Princess Cadenza and Luna aren’t there, how do you expect us to take care of Auntie Celestia?” Blue Blood asked.

“With this,” Løgner answered, pulling the ruby amulet from his satchel.

“That’s…” Flash Sentry gasped.

“Das Alicorn’s Amulett ist ein old toy of mine,” Blutknochen said. “With it, even ein as pathetic as Prinz Blue Blood should be able to match, Celestia.”

“I’d still need a massive force,” Flash Sentry said. “The equipment necessary for such an attack won’t be easy to acquire either.”

“Ich bin sure you won’t haben much trouble finding recruits,” Blutknochen said. “As for supplies. Malade has set up a sale with some arms merchants in Griffonstone. Ich bin sure your freind's money will be more than acceptable tu them.”

“Je will be happy to take vous to mes contacts,” said Malade. “Je suis sure un shipment from Cherry Hill Ranch et Rich’s Barnyard Bargains to Griffonstone won’t raise any eyebrows.”

“Was ist your answer, Captain?” Blutknochen asked.

“I’m still not sure,” Flash Sentry answered. “May I consult with my companions?”

“Ich think they’ve already made up their minds,” Blutknochen smirked.

“I’ll have Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadenza out of the way for the Gala,” Hoity Toity said.

“I’ll schedule a priority shipment to Griffonstone tomorrow,” Filthy Rich agreed.

“So will Ah,” said Cherry Jubilee.

“You’re absolutely sure this amulet will give me the power to stand against Auntie Celestia?” Blue Blood asked.

“Ja,” Blutknochen answered assuring. “Try it on for yourselbst

Blue Blood placed the amulet around his neck and was overcome with a tremendous surge of energy. Invigorated with his new power, he took on a new air of confidence, “I’ll handle auntie Celestia.”

“Your answer, Captain?” Blutknochen asked again.

Flash Sentry still didn’t trust Blutknochen, but his allies had made their support for the plan clear. Reluctantly he said, “I’ll have a sufficient army raised by the night of the Gala. However, I would at least request an audience with the pony you’ll be sending with me.”

The pool was illuminated with a hot pink glow.

“Das ist her now,” Blutknochen said.

To Flash Sentry’s surprise, the image of a small filly appeared in the glowing water.

“Reporting, Otōsan,” said Oni-Hime.

“Das ist Captain Flash Sentry,” Blutknochen said. “He will provide troops for the attack on Canterlot.”

“Hajimemashite, misutā Sentry,” Oni-Hime greeted with childlike cheer.

Her foal-like body and demeanor were off-putting to Flash Sentry, but he could tell this was no ordinary filly.

“Was ist die Situation in Ponyville?” Blutknochen asked.

“The only one who suspects anything is a filly, and noponī believes her,” Oni-Hime responded, dropping her cheerful smile for a malicious smirk. “It’s really quite pathetic.”

October 26, 2020

Ponyville School

After over a week of Sweetie Belle’s moping, Jack had decided it was time to step in and find what was bothering her.

As the bell rang and the other students rushed home, Jack made his move. “Heya, Sweets!” he called.

“Hey, Jack,” Sweetie Belle responded glumly.

“You wanna go get some ice cream?” Jack asked cheerfully.

“I’m not really in the mood right now,” Sweetie Belle sighed.

“You haven’t really seemed in the mood for anything lately,” Jack retorted. “What’s wrong?”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you,” Sweetie Belle replied.

“I might, or I might not,” Jack admitted. “Why not explain it in a way that avoids the parts you think I won’t believe? Maybe even put it in the form of a hypothetical. That’s what I’d do if I were you.”

Sweetie Belle was still unsure, but it was worth a shot. “Ok, hypothetically, what would you do if you had a friend who was hanging out with somepony who wanted to hurt him? You know that pony is going to do something terrible to your friend. You know when and where she plans to do it, but if you confront her, she’ll hurt you, and nopony else believes you.”

Jack took a couple of minutes to think about the question. “Well, if I knew the time and the place where it was going to happen, I guess I’d bring the rest of my friends there to witness it. That way, they could see it happening for themselves, and we could stand up for our friend together.”

Sweetie Belle looked as if she were contemplating Jack’s advice.

“Does that help?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, I guess it does,” Sweetie Belle said, her eyes gleaming with determination.

Author's Note:

Less than ten chapters remain before this first story comes to an end. There will be a sequel, though, so look forward to that.
Next Time: Spike grows jealous of Twilight's new assistant and enlists Jack to get rid of him.

PreviousChapters Next